What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sever kicking Multiple Times

Comments

• Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I know we have a lot of guests because of the Holidays (aniversary) but really? in the middle of all this we have a huge spike in launchers not connecting, game constantly giving the "waiting on server response" the red text counting how long it takes to not lag. this is quite litterally every 10 secons so, we get 10 seconds of smooth play, then STOP, 10 secons then STOP, its like a brake tapper.

unless you guys are fixing a huge myriad of problems right now and are about to implement the patch to fix said problems, please find a way to stabalize the server.
  • Options
    jayflanjayflan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I know we have a lot of guests because of the Holidays (aniversary) but really? in the middle of all this we have a huge spike in launchers not connecting, game constantly giving the "waiting on server response" the red text counting how long it takes to not lag. this is quite litterally every 10 secons so, we get 10 seconds of smooth play, then STOP, 10 secons then STOP, its like a brake tapper.

unless you guys are fixing a huge myriad of problems right now and are about to implement the patch to fix said problems, please find a way to stabalize the server.

This is the perfect description of the exact problem I am having. Amazing. I'm slightly comforted that it's just not me

BUT..

Let me point out it might not be their fault either. The blizzard could be messing something up in between our connections and their servers.
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jayflan wrote: »
    This is the perfect description of the exact problem I am having. Amazing. I'm slightly comforted that it's just not me

BUT..

Let me point out it might not be their fault either. The blizzard could be messing something up in between our connections and their servers.

damn blizzard, it might me it.

shortly after I made that thread (got moved here) I tested my connection, usually 5.40mbps it showed as 0.70 mbps for quite some time, now everything is back on the high track. so i sudgest you check your line by speedtest.net, or call your ISP usually they have a catchback auto system, something that can account for who is having problems by the calls reported. then they either divert energy from places with low connections to places with higher demand for it and fix the problem.

in other words, places with low internet demand get their surplus energy diverted to places with higher demand.

at least that is what ATT told me.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm being kicked from the servers repetedly, after long "server not responding" messages. It's impossible to reconnect immediatly, the game is stuck at "connecting to account server", and then it times out and i'm logged out. When i can try to log in again after the character selection sceen, i get a new server not responding and then connection to game servers time out again...

My internet is perfectly working.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

shortly after I made that thread (got moved here) I tested my connection, usually 5.40mbps it showed as 0.70 mbps for quite some time, now everything is back on the high track. so i sudgest you check your line by speedtest.net, or call your ISP usually they have a catchback auto system, something that can account for who is having problems by the calls reported. then they either divert energy from places with low connections to places with higher demand for it and fix the problem.

in other words, places with low internet demand get their surplus energy diverted to places with higher demand.

I'm at 2.6 mbps. Also clocked in at just under 4 on a couple of other tests on that website you provided. Connection is not the problem. Plus I did my ISP's speed test and it was fine there as well. I had no issues last night around 1 AM EST. Just today when I tried playing.
  • Options
    daedalus27daedalus27 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Its not the blizzard. These problems have been affecting people for well over a week, long before the blizzard. It is either another router problem somewhere along that hasn't been discovered yet or there is something inherently wrong with whatever they patched for the aniversery. Either way, this isn't a problem on the users end.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Here's the reply I got via email. I'm pissed now. It's all of us, not them. Because that's logical. What clowns.

Subject
    Massive lag issues

Discussion Thread
    Response Via Email (Support Staff 48) 02/08/2013 11:05 AM
    Hello,

There shouldn't be any server issues, and your tracert checks out just fine.

If you are still experiencing this problem, try the following.

Here are some possible suggestions:

Try flushing your DNS:

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4185/kw/flush%20dns

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think it really is the Internetz...

A couple of days ago, I couldn't stay in game for more then 10 minutes at a time.

Today, I've only been dumped once in the last 4 hours.

I still believe that it's the cogent.xx part of the east coast web that's the problem.

Not the Server...

Every time I see lag, my Tracert says it's timing out in Boston, not at Cryptics' end.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I think it really is the Internetz...

A couple of days ago, I couldn't stay in game for more then 10 minutes at a time.

Today, I've only been dumped once in the last 4 hours.

I still believe that it's the cogent.xx part of the east coast web that's the problem.

Not the Server...

Every time I see lag, my Tracert says it's timing out in Boston, not at Cryptic end.

Yeah, I guess that one tracert I did it didn't show, but cogent did have the big bad spike on mine as well. :( I just am pissed they automatically say it's our fault. Such BS.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    jayflan wrote: »
    Yeah, I guess that one tracert I did it didn't show, but cogent did have the big bad spike on mine as well. :( I just am pissed they automatically say it's our fault. Such BS.

They are quick to point the finger...

One of these days I'd like to Pull It. ;)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ...and of course I spoke too soon...

Just got dumped after a 25 sec lag...

Dang...
  • Options
    jtyme77jtyme77 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good day,

I have been having latency issues since the Winter Event, but lately experiencing a lot of server disconnects.

Here are by tracert results:

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms Local IP
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 * * * Request timed out.
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 * * * Request timed out.
    7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 * * * Request timed out.
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 59 ms 58 ms 65 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

Nettest:

contacting nettest server..
    Local IP: 74.36.245.9 Frontier Communication Minnetonka, MN
    Ping: 65.2 msec
    Port: 80: 88 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 94 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 165 KB/sec 6 KB/sec 175 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 152 KB/sec 7 KB/sec 165 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 87 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 94 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 134 KB/sec 6 KB/sec 142 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 57 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 66 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 89 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 96 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 143 KB/sec 7 KB/sec 157 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 103 KB/sec 5 KB/sec 112 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 104 KB/sec 6 KB/sec 114 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 117 KB/sec 5 KB/sec 126 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 118 KB/sec 4 KB/sec 124 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 103 KB/sec 5 KB/sec 111 KB/sec 500
    Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 0 KB/sec Recv: 0 KB/sec

Speedtest.net
    2496143564.png

Pingtest to San Francisco, CA

76863716.png

I realize that I live in the Boonies, and do not have the best connection. But it has served me well until recently.

Thank you for your attention.
    Keenan.png
  • Options
    bravesunbravesun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My god! I time out every time i zone ANYWHERE. I would consider getting zen if my frustration didn't involve watching "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" every bloody time i zone/pvp/pve/mission freaking anything. i log in, start my daily contribution. Then I will attempt to zone and bam..warp 9 to fail.
    Vice Admiral Krevic - I.R.W. Mhiessan
    General Uzuden - I.K.S. Jadefire
    Rear Admiral - Lucenion - U.S.S Poe
    Rear Admiral - Atrion - U.S.S. Shakespeare
    Experience is the name we give to our mistakes ~O. Wilde~
  • Options
    terryanders25terryanders25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Notice how we are not getting any staff members talking to us anymore? Typical... "Lets ignore the problem and maybe it will go away!"
    Admiral Terry Anders

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Notice how we are not getting any staff members talking to us anymore? Typical... "Lets ignore the problem and maybe it will go away!"
    If you want a Staff member to answer you, you should be posting on the Official PWE Tech Support Forum... http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/

This Forum is mostly for 'Peer to Peer' support...
  • Options
    terryanders25terryanders25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you want a Staff member to answer you, you should be posting on the Official PWE Tech Support Forum... http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/

This Forum is mostly for 'Peer to Peer' support...

Well he was not having a problem answering before we came up with proof its not our computers.
    Admiral Terry Anders

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkhazord1982darkhazord1982 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The issue isn't with Cryptic/Perfect World but with their upstream provider -- Cogentco

Tracing route to www.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.46]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms gateway.mcservices.com.au [172.30.30.1]
    2 5 ms 6 ms 5 ms loopback1.lon32.melbourne.telstra.net [165.228.0.1]
    3 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms bundle-ether3.exi-core1.melbourne.telstra.net [203.50.80.1]
    4 27 ms 27 ms 29 ms bundle-ether12.chw-core2.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.11.74]
    5 25 ms 24 ms 27 ms bundle-ether1.oxf-gw2.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6.90]
    6 28 ms 29 ms 28 ms tengigabitethernet14-0.sydo-core01.sydney.reach.com [203.50.13.42]
    7 31 ms 30 ms 29 ms i-0-3-2-0.sydo-core02.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.84.220.189]
    8 162 ms 168 ms 212 ms i-0-0-0-0.1wlt-core01.bx.telstraglobal.net [202.84.141.146]
    9 168 ms 167 ms 169 ms i-0-4-0-0.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.84.251.174]
    10 174 ms 173 ms 175 ms cogent-peer.eqla01.pr.telstraglobal.net [134.159.63.198]
    11 175 ms 175 ms 178 ms te0-0-0-2.mpd21.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30.189]
    12 209 ms 210 ms 212 ms te0-2-0-5.ccr21.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.0.234]
    13 226 ms 226 ms 227 ms te0-1-0-3.mpd21.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.5.201]
    14 229 ms 233 ms 231 ms te0-0-0-7.mpd21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.28.197]
    15 233 ms 240 ms * te0-0-0-2.ccr21.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.125]
    16 * 254 ms 247 ms te0-1-0-0.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.0.25]
    17 * * 246 ms te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.134]
    18 264 ms 255 ms 258 ms 38.111.40.114
    19 247 ms * 247 ms resumetracker.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.46]
  • Options
    sp74656sp74656 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've being having weird SNR's and lag spikes all day! It is driving me mental. I have eliminated all possible sources at my end and all other internet services are going perfectly. Usually if it is my end, ventrillo is the first thing to go.

So basically instead of enjoying the game today like I normally would, I've just given up and done other things including trying out other games and not being thrown around by the ridiculous rubber band of hell.:mad:
  • Options
    sheriden1982sheriden1982 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Getting bored of paying for a game that I can't play because I get rubber banned all over the show or disconnected every 2 mins...

I've ran a tracert and reset my router and done everything else all the threads tell me to do yet I continue to have a problem with STO and ONLY STO!

Listen to what we are saying, stop telling us "Everything looks ok on our end" because everything isn't ok on your end...

I don't want compensation I want to be able to play just fix it please.
  • Options
    sheriden1982sheriden1982 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fix the ****ing game your just pissing me off now, it's not even playable at the moment and the only time I get to play is weekend.

If you don't fix it I'm sure I can find an MMO happy to take my money and provide a reliable service that actual works.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm having DC after DC after DC after DC. I've had enough of this, Cryptic. F-I-X I-T.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've found the ultimate solution, whenever the games gets goofy, lagging and disconnecting me, I just go play a different game. I suspect that what I am doing is what a lot of this non complaining multitude that Bran mentioned are doing.
    It's pretty simple to figure out, played the game for months, no problem, then one patch to "improve server stability" during this event and suddenly start getting repeatedly DCed, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math. The server could appear to be running fine but if a setting has been changed to drop connections sooner, some latency tolerance set too low, some time-out set too short, the server still looks fine but now players are getting disconnected repeatedly rather than just lagging a bit.
    I love playing STO, I like the ships, I like the genre, I love science fiction and I want to play it consistently, but I don't need to play STO, it's not the only game around.
    The balloon party popper was a stupid idea, letting numbskulls spam zones with hundreds if not thousands of useless objects that the server has to track. Hopefully some sense of normality, such as it is, will return once this stupid event is over, but I seriously hope PWE and Cryptic are giving some thought to capacity and bandwidth for when the May update comes around. These DCs are like an open wound that will slowly bleed them customers. Using practices that openly discourage customers, doesn't sound very smart to me. A stable server isn't worth much if it can't be used.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I too am reaching my limits. I play Foundry missions most of the time. I do not however like being disconnected, starting the mission over, skipping back over the parts I already played, get to the new part of the mission, play for a minute, disconnected again, rinse, repeat. Really disappointed right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    agentgreasyagentgreasy Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    While I will definitely say customer support could be better, coming from the world of it I can also definitely say that it is both impossible... and highly inefficient... to treat every "its you, not my computer" request with true focus.

The reality is, most of those claims are stated without any true collective factual information (or any personal knowledge to the actual possibility of such).

You would not believe how many times... on a service actively used by millions of people... that 1 out of 1,000,000 think the entire service is down (when the household 10feet away... is working just fine, out of the same cross link).

That being said, and I said this over on the direct tech forum, this is not us. I'm not really sure that it is them, either though. Timing sucks, and coincidence may dictate to you that it was the patches, but - at least as far as I can tell - which, as far as I can tell its either internap or their (PWE's) network admin company (outsourced) that is ****ing up (again), and PWE is not in the network software business and likely isn't up to writing firmware updates on border devices or manually configuring hardware :|

Its poorly timed and even harder to convince to the effect, but the unfortunate truth is this would have happened with or without their updates. The cause of this, is very likely to have happened even during a week where only 5% of the player base logs in.

**** happens. Its not the end of the world. This game, while in the last week and a half may not really show for it, has one of the best uptimes of any game I've played, and by those standards its also a young game (which anyone who played the early moments of some of the... other games... knows where this is nothing on the terms of annoying scale).

PWE needs to work on their information providing, but all the same time demanding 100% perfection is asking to be disappointed, and only works to further support the lack of community involvement as it affirms the belief that it doesn't matter: they'll just be rampaging mad anyways.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any idea when this problem is going to get fixed? I'm barely online one minute before being kicked off. So far in the last 15 minutes I been kicked off line at least 5 times and I'm just about had it.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am really getting tired of getting disconnected bye the game servers i never had such an issue with this dam game and now all of the sudden i am having disconnections out of no where this just happend 4times in a row there is nothing wrong with my ISP be cause i am using my WMP and it is still playing internet radio.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm getting kicked out pretty consistently when map-moving. Everything else works fine, no issues with other games or applications.

Other STO players have been complaining about similar issues for a while now, so it's definitely not an isolated incident.

While some DCing is far from the end of the world, it's also far from being acceptable in such frequency. It's getting tiresome to the point that I think I'll just play something else 'till this gets fixed.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The second last patch is when it started, not the last one with the Colosseum weapon changes and if it is just a coincidence, it's a pretty amazing one.
    I wasn't getting DCed even with all of the balloon spam, wasn't even getting lag, then they did the patch to "Improve server stability" and it's been a roll of the dice staying connected ever since. It isn't constant, sometimes I can play for an hour or 2 and everything seems fine, then it starts disconnecting me over and over again, other times the disconnects start right off the bat.
    I hope that they are actually looking for solutions and not just passing it off as someone else's problem.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It seems the problem has gotten worse. I want to say I understand that the team at Cryptic no doubt have a tough job and it would be an understatement to say Trek fans are a bunch difficult to please. Thank you for your hard work and efforts. However, the performance of STO lately has been abysmal and needs to be addressed. I recently encouraged many friends and members of a sci-fi fan club I belong to to give this game a try and get their free ships while the event is going on. I can only imagine the impressions they are getting when even logging into the game is a challenge. When I get a loading screen I find myself holding my breath, anxiously awaiting a 'server not responding' message. Unable to even move past the character selection screen at this time. I hope that the team is looking at things as I type this. As someone stated in one of the posts above, it may not be 'on Cryptic's end' but instead their service provider, but I hope this avenue is being explored. Frustrated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In all 3 years, since STO started i never had problems like this. I get disconnected all the time, and the increasing of lag is making the game almost unplayable.

Please do something!
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)