test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    sauroman33sauroman33 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Gotta wait. Just a lot of people logging on right now
  • Options
    cronos722cronos722 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cryptic needs to honor their priority que for lifetime subscribers right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    prrgg1prrgg1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Holy c***!, my position moved form 1698 to 1640! It's a Christmas miracle!
  • Options
    byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hi, I'm a TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    You get the same priority level as gold subscribers... so that means that there is ~2000 GOLD OR LTS subs ahead of you.... LTS does not have priority over GOLD... LTS = GOLD... except you settled up front with them instead of paying them monthly

All you cry babies are derping hardcore...
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My last MMO that ran for over 8 years had 16 different servers, Cryptic *used* to work on that game (City of Heroes.) Perhaps they should put in another server or two. It certainly wouldn't hurt if the log-in queue is really at 11,000 people. That is just inane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    memetiimmemetiim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have been waiting for at least 25 mins, my position in the queue has not moved despite the queue numbers changing. Even more frustratingly my b/f who has a lts joined the queue after me, had a higher queue number than me, waited for around 5 mins and is now happily playing!
  • Options
    starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We wonder why you decreased the cap in the first place.
    Because the servers all bombed up?

Certainly it's the customers fault?

When did they say they decreased them? lol
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • Options
    cairellacairella Member Posts: 0
    edited January 2013
    All respect to the devs becuase this isn't their fault 100% but shouldn't something like this had been expected.... i mean... this is only a very huge event that you've plastered anywhere star trek is mentioned.........i mean if you wanted normal numbers dont' go plastering everything on the web....word travels people do talk.....
  • Options
    zedomegazedomega Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So I logged out and logged back in to try it. 9300 out of 9610.

Oh, well. I just got my W-2s in yesterday and just needed the right excuse to file. 'Scuse me.
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jam062307 wrote: »
    do you not remember the log-in, launcher issues from THIS WEEK!

That's not at all the same thing as what's happening to day. In one case you had some people who couldn't log in because of a error. Today you have people waiting in a queue because of the massive amount of people trying to get in at the same time.

Thought the difference would be fairly obvious....
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm sorry is this thread for real (edot - makes less sense now its been merged with all the others)?

This is the like the first day in a year that a queue has appeared. you have been slowed down by a short period of time and now you want your entire lifetime sub returned? overreaction much?

Not to mention do you think you are the only gold member in the game? you are ahead of silvers, not first in line.

and if you actually want your money back why are you posting on the forums? do you think that is where the account gms hang out? raise an actual ticket then they can official refuse you and explain how it works.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would just take a break and go do some exercise. If you're getting this angry about a game, that's not good.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    adventurerflickyadventurerflicky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    -snippity doo dah, sorry, wrong thread-
  • Options
    euar0euar0 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    9523 out of 9639 ???
    9000+ people queued up waiting for other people to log out?!

Really?
  • Options
    infinitespacesinfinitespaces Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok tried again and again, and eventually when i finally got in to the que i was at first place out of ~9k and now i am in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adventurerflickyadventurerflicky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    -What is with me today? Posted in the wrong thread TWICE! Sorry!-
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well i thought things gotten better, but this log in que TRIBBLE is the straw. take this game and stuff it.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Guys while waiting, watch this YouTube clip I stumbled upon the other day.

Probably old, but I still found it to be fascinating.
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First off, let me say I play on the Ftp model. I've dropped money on the game, couple of hundred dollars probably, but I'm not an Lts.

It's clear to me that, to the developers, Lts are the more useful contributors. They, in a meaningful way, pay for me to play.

Thus I see no issue with Lts and other gold subscribers having priority in queues.

Those ftp players who are complaining about this sinmply do not seem to understand the economics of this.

We didnt buy priority login when we had the chance, we probably bought zen and got shiny ships instead. That was the deal, suck it up.

As for todays queue though, this seems excessive. We're not talking a slow moving queue, we're talking a queue that makes glaciers look like Speedy Gonzales which is growing faster and faster as the North American time zones reach the end of their working days.

Given the extensive publicity that the devs have courted for this event (and power to them for that, i say) shouldn't some sort of surge in logins have been anticipated?

Even if today is surprisingly more than usual, it seems that there's been no effort made to anticipate this.

I am particulary concerned by hearing so many people being dumped into the back of the queue after the game kicks them out for losing contact with the server. The game has been doing that an awful lot lately, which suggests perhaps that numbers have been creeping higher for a while now, pushing the servers capabilities.

While a queue is perhaps inevitable when you launch events like this, the magnitude of this particular queue and the apparent lack of preparation for it is troubling.
  • Options
    lordeydvarlordeydvar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just jumped from 8104 to 4610
  • Options
    jkirk513jkirk513 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Sorry but people have regular subscribed like me get same login priority, and many of us subscribers and even F2P have spent a whole lot more money on this game then you have, just in different ways. Only advantage of lifetime is its cheaper if you intend to be subscribed for long periods of time and getting vet rewards up front and you get same perks and login priority like other subscribers do over F2P.

I think priority should be based solely on total amount of money spent on this game, counting all subscription fees and zen purchases.

really who's to say that i haven't spent more money then you have on this game ? i may not have not payed credit farmers for credits as you may have. but to say that i haven't spent allot of money is rubbish.
  • Options
    techstepman1techstepman1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ive been here since a few days after launch i think...and after a few months i got lifetime sub.today i tried to login and for the first time in these 3 years i got a message saying something about login que.Obviously that totally enraged me.I just dont get it.Ive spent god knows how many money on this game over these 3 years...(also a big spender on the c-store,not just a lifetimer,yeah ive spent a lot)...and here i am wondering why cant i play?The way i see it i should have priority in logining in and that is not unfair for any other f2ps cause im a lifetime sub.Isnt that right?...i was at 3120 position for login.Were those 3120s subscribers?...

then again i understand that ,hey its the first hours after the beginning of the anniversary.then again im a lifetimer!yes i'll say it as many times as i can cause i spent money on this game when it was most needed.Why cant i celebrate with my fleet?How did the servers fill?what priority do lifetimers have in logining in?...

yeah im b****ing like a little baby but come on,it drives me crazy to think that f2p newbies are in there partying and im here doing nothing considaring my 3 years subscription.

so yeah...thanks for reading this and hopefully issues like these will be resolved positively(yeah f2p guys are people too,but i would expect something better than having to wait for 3000 people in order to login)
  • Options
    kevik7kevik7 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So long wait times for those not in the game and laggy and broken game mechanics (ie PVE and loading screens I hear) for those in game. I think in one foul swoop the devs managed to TRIBBLE off just about every player thats tried playing STO so far.
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Haha, more than 11k ppl in queue to get in now. And increasing. Cryptic, what does the first 'M' in MMO stand for?

M is for Moron - That's us for thinking things will change.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    While a queue is perhaps inevitable when you launch events like this, the magnitude of this particular queue and the apparent lack of preparation for it is troubling.

This is nothing compared to the release of SWTOR. It's also a good for them, because word getting around about queues to log in is good press for them not bad. When people hear there's people waiting in line, that means the game is doing quite well.

However buying hardware for a one day issue is a massive waste of resources.
  • Options
    byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well you think they should have expected an influx of players and probably would have put more hardware in, I guess they underestimated.

But if they didn't add some extra power and bandwidth then, yeah they made a big mistake.
  • Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so I just finished patching and didn't hit a log-in Queue....haha SUCKERS!!!
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    taliewtaliew Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Everything's moving fine... just moved 6000 spots in about 4 minutes. They fixed it when they said they did. Go figure.