test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    captainzeratualcaptainzeratual Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well you missed the 12k que earlier...and I love the QQ...its not the end of the world...its a good time to put a pizza in the oven...take a shower...play with the g/f...something...but the ques times are much better than earlier.
  • Options
    trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So what are you complaining about. You should be happy to be F2P and dont criticize those who "really pay the bills". You are here because of the rest of sub/LTS paid for it originally...please respect others if you want to be respected as well...look at others F2P models that went bust (SWOTR)...we only ask what is fair and getting priority queue is not a right but something that is owed to us since the inception of this game :D

This game is NOT Free-to-Play. It's Pay-to-Play with an option to play Free. NO game is truly F2P as long as it maintains a Sub model.

Take your own advice, and don't TRIBBLE on those who choose the F2P route. Those of us who did still contribute a fair amount of cash to this game, some in excess of the $300 those of you who cry havoc about being in a queue because 'I paid for this game'. You already got more than your money's worth as paying the $15 for 3 years = $540. I've paid at least that much in ships, keys, and other virtual TRIBBLE. Nobody put a gun to your head to make you spend that Lifer sub fee, so please, with all due respect please calm that noise. I pre-ordered, I subbed when it came out, then I quit for a while - my choice. Your money isn't worth more than the next person's, and the finger pointing for the queue in the first place should be pointed at Cryptic - not your fellow players who are stuck in it with you.
    You are here because of the rest of sub/LTS paid for it originally

Quite possibly the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen on the forums for this game.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So what are you complaining about. You should be happy to be F2P and dont criticize those who "really pay the bills". You are here because of the rest of sub/LTS paid for it originally...please respect others if you want to be respected as well...look at others F2P models that went bust (SWOTR)...we only ask what is fair and getting priority queue is not a right but something that is owed to us since the inception of this game :D

Oh dear Crusader.

I think that when you see the phrase 'ftp' something snaps and you inexplicably stop reading.

The point i was consistently making was that FTP players should NOT complain about LTS players getting priority. That, even those of us who have dropped as much money as a subscription on the game, still dont get that priority because we bought something else. We supported the game by buying something other than a subscription. We bought zen.

I am personally baffled by those ftp based players who seem to think they should get something we didnt pay for, that is an actual service offered as capable of being paid for.

The TOS constitution ship interior is part of a bundle. If I buy the DS9 bundle i dont get to complain if my TOS Connie Tier 1 ship doesnt have the interior.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jurace wrote: »
    I've played most MMOs that have been released since Everquest in 98 and I cannot remember ever sitting in a queue to log in.

Then you never EVER played "World of War Craft" - did you? ;)
    (Oh, and EQ released in April of 1999 BTW - I remember because I was there.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    dm19deltadm19delta Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Login queue: number 2552 out of 11367 (before I cancelled login) for about an hour.

If there are over 2 million captains like DStahl says there is, it might be time to upgrade th e servers so they can handle an increased load in times like this. Or does that make too much sense?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Even if there are 2 million players...you will never see half that many on at one time...EVER...
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    trellabor wrote: »
    This game is NOT Free-to-Play. It's Pay-to-Play with an option to play Free. NO game is truly F2P as long as it maintains a Sub model.

So, LoTRO, SWToR, TERA, are all still primarily subscription games? <--- Guess there's a lot of false advertising going on.

And STO is still sub too, eh? Even if you can:

- Create an account for free

- Download and install the STO client for free

- Create and play a STO character from level 1 - 50 with 100% free access to all the Cryptic and Foundry mission content.

- Earn in game currency (Dilithium) that you can refine and trade to other players for Zen Point, that can then be used to buy items in the RMT store (100% free for the player trading the Dilithium)

Yep - nothing 'free' at all in the above (oh wait...) ;)

fact is - STO can be played 100% free right now if someone chooses with no restriction on PvE mission content whatsoever (neither LoTRO, nor especially SWToR, which probably has the most money-grubbing F2P scheme in MMO history to date can claim that.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To all the gold members whining about priorty when the games full there's a line to get in you bypass the f2p'ers and join the gold line did you honestly expect them to kick people or hold your spots at all time? No you get priority over f2p not a permanent spot always waiting for you
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Gold members get a prefered spot for logging in, but that doesn't give you a slot guaranteed over other gold members. If too many gold members are trying to log on, you are going to get a queue regardless.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    kimmym wrote: »
    Gold members get a prefered spot for logging in, but that doesn't give you a slot guaranteed over other gold members. If too many gold members are trying to log on, you are going to get a queue regardless.

because of all the half neeked orion slave girls that would be on them?
  • Options
    rovakiinrovakiin Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im silver and I haven't had any problems getting in all day today, with the exception of the server being down for maintenance.
  • Options
    interestedguyinterestedguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well you missed the 12k que earlier...and I love the QQ...its not the end of the world...its a good time to put a pizza in the oven...take a shower...play with the g/f...something...but the ques times are much better than earlier.

I am actually and possibly weirdly happy about it. With what happened to City of Heroes somewhat recently, it is nice to find out that the game has a decent player base.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have to agree.

It may be an inconvience, but having login queues is proof the game is doing well, and if the game is doing well it will be around longer for me to enjoy.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I enjoy the game, even though there are bits i don't agree with (like fed ships with KDF weps or KDF ships with FED weps) i think the game is rounded out nicely...My truly only pet peeve for the game is the zoning...i hate having to constantly swap zones just to do stuff with other ppl. But that is better i guess than not having any peeps to play with...win some lose some...
  • Options
    byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    blah ok I thought I was going to be avoiding most of the problems and queues by the time I logged on but the Cryptic launcher autoupdate is failing. Is there still a problem?
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The current PVE queue system puts you in already half completed instances.

The atrocious thing trolled me and put me into a Gorn Minefield event where the end boss was already dying. This is not the first time this happens.

This is utter rubbish.

I would like an system which only puts you into instances that have just started, not old completed ones.

Who wants to join an already failed stf or an already completed fleet action?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the other hand you have people who are complaining about people leaving their group and that they're then tasked with completing the encounter short-handed. Guess you can't satisfy both...
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like being put into fleet actions that are close to being completed. Gets the daily much faster.

If you don't like that, you can always warp out and queue for the next one. Fleet actions don't have leaver penalty.
  • Options
    doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    The current PVE queue system puts you in already half completed instances.

The atrocious thing trolled me and put me into a Gorn Minefield event where the end boss was already dying. This is not the first time this happens.

This is utter rubbish.

I would like an system which only puts you into instances that have just started, not old completed ones.

Who wants to join an already failed stf or an already completed fleet action?

I would have to agree with T'pal here. This has happened to me a few time also. Though it's nice to get the Dilith for nothin. I personally want to work for my pay. lol If you could set a time limit that someone could join into a PvE or other to a minute or 2, that would help.
    For instance like on Starbase 24, It seems almost pointless to join in after the main reinforcements have arrived to me the game is half over. Also on the Gorn minefield when the Station take back and repair begins that is also pretty much half time.
    Just a suggestion is all.
    :-D
    Ron
    Oops! hahah I guess you already can... Hey where'd that come from ! HAHAHA
  • Options
    harloth1harloth1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG. I'm number 881 waiting right now. Talk about a deli counter ticket from hell. :mad:

Here is an idea... if you revamp the whole game and add 30% more content, maybe you should add more server power. It took hours to upload the pact, and now I wait some more.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login failed for an unknown rason,

i cant even get to see my toons :(
  • Options
    judgeslongjudgeslong Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gold members should not have a Q but im in line like everyone else, But the great news once your out of Q the server stops responding.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes the servers are full,I can smell it from here ;)
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »

same here but not supprised cryptic fracked something up
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    harloth1harloth1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep. Waited for the Que to end.... and the server stopped responding.

Stellar Performace Cryptic! :mad:

I just want to go and play my fed charector...
  • Options
    digtalnarcosisdigtalnarcosis Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea. Me too... Won't let me in then when it does and teases me with a screen letting me do traits it says server kicked me. Nice. I'm a Gold Member too... No que should be a perk. There really can't be that may of us around compared to all the people clicking on ads on other sites who will play this for a few days and then never look at it again.
  • Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adrianm63 wrote: »

Yep same here.

I took a sample of the unknown reason, ran it through my tricorder...

readout came back: High levels of ScrewUpnium.

Ran it through the main computer for analysis. It gave it a viral matrix. Now I have to go to a starbase to TRIBBLE treatment for my ship.

Took a shuttle to return to the ship but could not return to the log-in location. A powerful anomaly prevented travel through the sector. Like a black hole but worse... this one not only sucked light but also hope.

Sent a probe through.

It found the KDF faction inside, holding an ionized gas sensor... Weeping.
  • Options
    spaciumindagatorspaciumindagator Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    judgeslong wrote: »
    Gold members should not have a Q but im in line like everyone else, But the great news once your out of Q the server stops responding.

You are queuing based off other Gold Members. Gold Members gets ahead of the queue, they don't completely bypass it.

Server acting slow, not surprising with a big patch.