test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    rykithrykith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    2985 of 10573 still haven't moved a single spot.
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If there is a very high demand then there should be a very high number of servers to accomodate that very high demand, surely?

You don't add in more hardware to accommodate 3-4 days a year of super heavy use.
  • Options
    reinawattreinawatt Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Due to the log in problems, I would highly recommend that the event be extended so that everyone can have a chance to play the new mission and earn the ships without such a tight deadline.

That way all players of the game can get a chance, I would love to have an Ambassador class for two of my characters, but at such a tight deadline with being unable to log in then that isn't looking very likely.
  • Options
    bjformellabjformella Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've been queued for more than 30 mins now and my number hasn't budged from 122. The total number has gone from under 2000 to over 10000 but I am still at 122. Even seeing slight progress would be enough to hold me over but now I don't know whether to close and risk a longer wait or to sit tight and hope for the best.
  • Options
    slipfeedslipfeed Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    After 15 minutes of waiting, i'm still number 4028...

Only now there are 10,000+ people in line.

I know we would all like to believe that the game has just become so popular its being beaten about the head and neck...

But... considering this just started happening after a server maintanance and a patch i'm sorry to inform you that is not the case.

The servers are hosed.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im only 4245 out of 10458 ....after I was kicked from the episode ...guess first few days we'll wait for people to log in ,then we can officially start the anniversary.
  • Options
    cokebearcokebear Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm lifetime and 2546 in a line of 10 grand-ish. Are there really 2545 LT subs in line ahead of me? Because that over half-a-million dollars in LT subs should pay for some extra servers, don't you think?

:P
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yup I am 1575 and a LT myself, that log in priority stuff is all just smoke and mirrors, just more TRIBBLE from Cryptic.
  • Options
    prrgg1prrgg1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I gotta be honest, with the queue now over 10k and my (as well as others it seems) position not getting any closer, I think something's broken >.>
  • Options
    joker8mejoker8me Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Perhaps they can attach a digital slot machine to the launcher where it costs Zen to pull the lever, giving those waiting a random chance to see their number move up?
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can't wait until all 2 Million members show up. :P
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    dirtysteeldirtysteel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    undoubtedly there is no more spaces for gold and subscribers,...

300.00 well spent.
  • Options
    partzspartzs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seriously this is not how a game should be. Are they only letting like 2k people play at a time? In the last thirty minutes the queue has gone to over 10k!
  • Options
    kevik7kevik7 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    850 out 10k plus, haven't moved in 40+ minutes. Wierd, with all these people complaining about being DC'ed I should have be in with in minutes :P. So maybe they just aren't logging anybody in? Has anyone in que managed to get in game yet?
  • Options
    finious2finious2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well thank you i am lifetime member and my log in position changed from 901 to 3862 of 11140.

and this is after i was logged in and it timed out while changing maps
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'll bet this thread will reach 100 pages before i get into the game.:rolleyes:
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here we go, numbers slowly starting to move, up to 2107 now. Very slowly.
  • Options
    thor759thor759 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    thor759 wrote: »
    To be told that one is in position 2496 out of 8947 and growing suggested a major **** up with the patch and new network routing. Extremely disappointing performance and warrants a refund!

Cancelled the attempt as the queue approached 11000, logged in again and went straight to character select then found myself in an even larger queue at position 4029 of 11898
  • Options
    dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's over 12000, I don't think I ever saw it that large, even on Day One.
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • Options
    michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cptvanor wrote: »
    You don't add in more hardware to accommodate 3-4 days a year of super heavy use.

Well, excuse me. I didn't realise you were an expert. But server not responding happens regularly but I guess that doesn't require a responding server, either?
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • Options
    pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Haha, more than 11k ppl in queue to get in now. And increasing. Cryptic, what does the first 'M' in MMO stand for?
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    havock1981havock1981 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well with new content = new problems
    it happens
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kevik7 wrote: »
    850 out 10k plus, haven't moved in 40+ minutes. Wierd, with all these people complaining about being DC'ed I should have be in with in minutes :P. So maybe they just aren't logging anybody in? Has anyone in que managed to get in game yet?

I got in on one toon, did the mission, got the ship, went to switch toons and *bam* over 5k in queue.

Either that's one borked queue system, or something on the servers are borked, methinks...
  • Options
    lirdeklirdek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i want compensation for that.

Im lts and yet have to queue.

12000 ppl trying to connect so whats the real amount your servers can handle? 5000 at max at same time?
    With all taht you gain from selling zen you cant buy a backup / 2dn or whatever NEW server?

'2 millions captains' let me have a laugh, if maybe even 1% of this amount is still playing sto.
  • Options
    alvaraxalvarax Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i was here last year for the second anniversary, and nothing like this mess happend...
  • Options
    jkirk513jkirk513 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I find this appalling that i have to sit in a damn Que, when im a lifetime member. i payed my money as they asked. why should FTP turds get to join the game before me and the other people that have payed for service. a little rant on my part i really dont care if you flame me or not.
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    deceon55 wrote: »
    I thought Life time subcribers got moved to the front of the line when logging in. I find it hard to believe there are over 3000 lifers ahead of me. So what gives?

No, Lifetime and Gold members get moved to the line. I find it very easy to believe that there's 3000 out of 12,000 gold members waiting.
  • Options
    gigantogiganto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I cant login either. I kept getting waiting errors whilst playing my mission. Then it disconnected, now I`ve been stuck in the queue for ages.

I`am a lifer too.
  • Options
    ryuujinzeroryuujinzero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wait! - It changed. it went down from 1337 to 1236 now :eek:

At this rate i might get to play by 4am - oddly enough I've only been playing 2 weeks and not a subscriber yet I'm ahead of many lifers
  • Options
    dirtysteeldirtysteel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    its now stuck at 2737 out of 11519...that means there is at least 11519 people trying to get in game while I have been stuck at 2737 now for over 10 minutes.