test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No credit for completing "Temporal Ambassador" mission?

betawatcherbetawatcher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just completed the entire mission, including the last map "redacted". Then after I load back into sector space it says the mission is still in progress, on the part called "saves (more than) nine" and it loads me back inside the maintenance tunnels. Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke. Do I really have to replay the second half of the mission that I just finished? :(
Post edited by betawatcher on

Comments

• Options
    mcmichealsmcmicheals Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    About to do this mission...I am hoping not.:eek:
    captains-log.jpg
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Completed just fine for me on the first go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I had no head.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I too have just completed this mission (for my KDF toon) only to find out I need to complete the second half again. You'd think Cryptic would have run these missions through (checking their success) before releasing them huh?

I haven't tried my FED characters yet.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    tribble2013tribble2013 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zone chat is saving you just need to hang around once you do it and it will eventually catch up lol
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The game is lagging severely. Things are loading slowly. Honestly, I recommend waiting until tomorrow, but if you sit around, it will probably load eventually.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    digimatldigimatl Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I needed to do it a second time, too. Maybe its the server lag. But it just takes 5 minutes or so, you would be faster just re-doing it then posting here in the forum ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    its all due to massive server lag right now...but just take your time and dont rush through it and your good to go
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    well did mission twice and took second time slow and now sat in space waiting for it to complete. 6 minutes and still waiting lol
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    well sat and waited 26 minutes now and still not completed
  • Options
    byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    do you have to be level50 to do this mission and get the ships? quick look at the info i think I can do the mission but just wont be able to open the box and get the ship till Rear Admiral?

I'm basically level40 :(
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    there are 2 ships 1 is level 50 and other I believe is level 30
  • Options
    slingblade78slingblade78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    One ship is lvl 20 commander level and the other one is lvl45 rear adm upper half
  • Options
    byzanathosbyzanathos Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    "It?s important to note that the Tier 5 Retrofits can only be earned by completing the mission during the three-year anniversary event, and the box that it is contained in can only be opened once the character reaches Rear Admiral (Fed) or Brigadier General (KDF) rank. Ship stats are available here."

what it sounds like is that I will be able to do the mission and get the box, just not be able to open it till I'm 50? Doesn't say I need to be 50 to get the box.

Guess I will find out at some stage.
  • Options
    daedalus36daedalus36 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I did the Temporal Ambassador mission, and when at the end when it hit a loading screen, I sat there for 35 minutes waiting, disconnected, tried to reconnect and was over 2k in a line of almost 10k queued. I just disconnected and stopped trying. I have never seen such a thing occur, not even with new content, so I'm suspecting there's some server issues. I can't believe a free ambassador ship pulls enough people from the woodwork to freeze up the game with over 10k people waiting in line in addition to the number who are already connected. Anyway, I was hoping to grab the ship before leaving town, but it would seem I'll have to hope I get another chance before the event ends.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Should be Lv20, the lower ranked one is Commander.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    byzanathos wrote: »
    what it sounds like is that I will be able to do the mission and get the box, just not be able to open it till I'm 50? Doesn't say I need to be 50 to get the box.
    Rear Admiral is Lv40, 50 is Vice Admiral.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    alandrel2112alandrel2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First of all... the word is ANOMALY. Not anomoly. The spelling is atrocious in this mission.

Secondly, the mission did not complete for me. I was told to return the ship to the anomaly... which never appeared. Exiting did not fix this.. so it looks like I am in limbo. Great.
  • Options
    ussnighthawkussnighthawk Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Had this happen to me too. Didn't think about the server lag causing issues with mission completion. Guess I'll come back and re-do it later.

No relation to "the" Nighthawk.

Refugee from Paragon City. :(

[SIGPIC]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z297/MetalRacer78/FacesOfNighthawk-ForumSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just completed the entire mission, including the last map "redacted". Then after I load back into sector space it says the mission is still in progress, on the part called "saves (more than) nine" and it loads me back inside the maintenance tunnels. Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke. Do I really have to replay the second half of the mission that I just finished? :(

Umm - If you READ the mission info, it states you have to return to ESD and speak to the NPC you got the mission from. (Remember is MMOs, reading is often fundimentaal) ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Save (more than) nice part didin't complete here too as a KDF. :(
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah this mission just flat out won't complete. I've done it a couple times now and I hereby declare it "broken".

If a PWE rep would manually complete it for me as per ticket 130131-000781 it would be appreciated. I don't even want the ship, just the uniform pieces.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Save (more than) nice part didin't complete here too as a KDF. :(

Ditto here. KDF character, I did all the stuff for Saves (more than) Nine, did the starship battle-but the Saves (more than) Nine never triggered complete, so I had to go back in-and the cycle continues....

Edit: Took about four tries through the mission, but it finally flipped. Hope runs with other characters go smoother....
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There's just too many people on today so it's lagging badly, waiting a while usually gives results. My complaint is that after returning to my own ship all of my Boff positions were cleared. Also the Yesterdays Enterprise Uniform needs to be relabeled to uniform accessories, it just a metallic belt and sash thing, not a full uniform.
    Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to put a popup or sign telling people where to find Q and the ship mission giver, at first it was amusing reading all of the queries in chat but after reading the same requests a ludicrous number of times it becomes painful seeing how many players don't read the blogs, forums or even their own mission details. I used to complain that Cryptic was dumbing things down too much with things like glowwy effects on interactable objects but after seeing the idiocy in chat today I can begin to understand that those efforts aren't completely unjustified, some people really are that dumb.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    cheatinesscheatiness Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've done the mission on seven other characters (two KDF), however, my last KDF guy did the mission, but it won't complete. Something *is* awry -- and it's not me.
  • Options
    claransaclaransa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you're using ESC to skip the cutscenes i advise you not to, its my opinion doing so breaks the mission.
  • Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've encountered this bug several times now, on both Fed and KDF characters. I'm currently attempting to complete the mission on a KDF character and, after three attempts, the mission still will not conclude. "Saves (More Than) Nine" remains stuck in the mission journal at "Go to Tholian Base."
  • Options
    otaku3591100otaku3591100 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same here, stuck in a temporal loop, always back to the maintenance tunnels. Not skipping anything, or any step, earned all accolades too.
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just did it on KDF Faction last night(07 Feb 2013), twice, everything triggered properly. When I get back to sector space the mission, it sets back to the maintenance tunnel part of the mission. And after reading what others have posted, I realize I'm just echoing.............
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ditto. completed fine on my first kdf toon, and on 2 fed toons, second kdf toon is stuck in an infernal loop returning to the control room section. I just dont have the energy to try again tonight. and still have 1 fed toon to go.