test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (January 24, 2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, January 24th, at 6AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    And before anyone asks, "why does it take so long when the patch is smaller than last weeks?", let me pre-answer it: it's because it depends on the maintenance that needs to be done :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    why does it take so long when the patch is smaller than last weeks?

TRIBBLE! Ninja'd by the Community Rep.:P
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited January 2013

:eek:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And before anyone asks, "why does it take so long when the patch is smaller than last weeks?", let me pre-answer it: it's because it depends on the maintenance that needs to be done :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Can you tell us ahead of time how long the unplanned extended downtime and emergency unexpected downtime will be? I'm busy tomorrow I don't want to miss out on a chance to complain about something. :D
  • Options
    teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    2pm til 7pm GMT?

Cryptic, this down time might just save my degree ;)
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Such a long patch and why no no fixes for these bugs?

No Honor Guard helmet and no Honor Guard Be'ves for female characters

transporter taking you to shipyard instead of first city

STF ground gear set abilties being unslotted from toolbar

camera view randomly being changed from free camera to follow target

rep project items being taken from device slots

Sensor targeting assault not granting immunity

Ruberbanding NPCs in kerrat

Not able to change instance in kerrat

STFs still giving leaver penalty even after 2 or 3 people already quit

I really was hoping some of these would get fixed soon.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    we expect this maintenance to only last for 5 hours.

That's kind of an oxymoron. :P
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    when will we see season 8 testing on tribble
  • Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will somebody fix it so my KDF character doesn't have to stand on bank/exchange/lore consoles to use them. Foundry mission contacts require I do a timed jumping F.

It's been this way for months. I think it began with the glowing console introduction. Anybody working on this or do I need to save it for an AskCryptic?
  • Options
    mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    fourxgamer wrote: »
    Will somebody fix it so my KDF character doesn't have to stand on bank/exchange/lore consoles to use them. Foundry mission contacts require I do a timed jumping F.

It's been this way for months. I think it began with the glowing console introduction. Anybody working on this or do I need to save it for an AskCryptic?

I've noticed this also, the interaction area/radius for consoles on Klingon Academy have got much smaller and misaligned from the consoles. This is a problem for some of my characters (especially those short in stature) as they have to jump onto the consoles.

Not sure when it started happening exactly but fourxgamers' probably on the money in that it started with the change to the interaction marker effect.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Will tonight's patch fix something entirely unrelated to what the patch notes say? My concerns are very important and I need those unrelated things fixed now.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sean2448 wrote: »
    when will we see season 8 testing on tribble

lol. Season 8 is planned for May.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    iconians wrote: »
    Will tonight's patch fix something entirely unrelated to what the patch notes say? My concerns are very important and I need those unrelated things fixed now.

LoL

I doubt your wit is being enjoyed by anybody but me.

rock on.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I need a like button for this.
  • Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    pointless comment removed
  • Options
    richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Such a long patch and why no no fixes for these bugs?

No Honor Guard helmet and no Honor Guard Be'ves for female characters

transporter taking you to shipyard instead of first city

STF ground gear set abilties being unslotted from toolbar

camera view randomly being changed from free camera to follow target

rep project items being taken from device slots

Sensor targeting assault not granting immunity

Ruberbanding NPCs in kerrat

Not able to change instance in kerrat

STFs still giving leaver penalty even after 2 or 3 people already quit

I really was hoping some of these would get fixed soon.

- transporter taking you to shipyard instead of first city
    Not an issue for me anymore
    - STF ground gear set abilties being unslotted from toolbar
    - camera view randomly being changed from free camera to follow target
    - Ruberbanding NPCs in kerrat
    - Not able to change instance in kerrat
    Never been an issue for me

One can argue that if it works properly for some, the problem must be user-based. Otherwise it would impact everyone.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited January 2013

Maybe, but I can almost 100% know the patch will break a few things unrelated to the patch notes.....

Its what they do that defines them ;):D
  • Options
    voxlagindvoxlagind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    wbgron1wbgron1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I very rarely post in the forums and just laugh at everyone moaning about how long maintenance takes not just in this thread but all of them.

But Branflakes there are a couple of things I'd love for you and the team to sort out:

1) LAG - I have 60MB BroadBand with Virgin and I suffer huge lag spikes in game. But its not just me, people in my fleet from all over the world have said its got worse and worse in the last 3 months, many of us have written tickets to PWE support ( In game support doesn't work for me never has) with no response. Please have a look at your end of the line, if many of us are suffering then it cant be ISP's

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2429039578.png - I shouldn't be getting lag with these speeds and pings

2) Myself and a few others have either bought or won weapons that show what they are but when you hover a mouse over them to see descriptions something totally different....

http://i47.tinypic.com/168uc8p.jpg
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited January 2013
    wbgron1 wrote: »
    I very rarely post in the forums and just laugh at everyone moaning about how long maintenance takes not just in this thread but all of them.

But Branflakes there are a couple of things I'd love for you and the team to sort out:

1) LAG - I have 60MB BroadBand with Virgin and I suffer huge lag spikes in game. But its not just me, people in my fleet from all over the world have said its got worse and worse in the last 3 months, many of us have written tickets to PWE support ( In game support doesn't work for me never has) with no response. Please have a look at your end of the line, if many of us are suffering then it cant be ISP's

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2429039578.png - I shouldn't be getting lag with these speeds and pings

2) Myself and a few others have either bought or won weapons that show what they are but when you hover a mouse over them to see descriptions something totally different....

The servers, or rather Cryptics coding is knackered, hence the 5 hour downtime.
    I have major lag too sometimes, not mentioning the constant disconnects that have happened over the last few months.
    I suspect that the time listed is a more realistic estimate to how long it actually takes, if you include the extra they usually put on top of the normal 3 hours. ;)
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So when can we expect the Gamma Orionis Defense Accolade to start working again?
  • Options
    wbgron1wbgron1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I got a reply off PWE - Basically saying they can't or wont help...I'm beginning to think they simply dont care anymore!

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    5 hours of down time just for

Added a Duty Officer Assignment for turning in Defeated Changelings.
    The assignment can be accessed by speaking with your Security Officer.
    This yields a small amount of Dilithium, and Espionage CXP.
    Bird of Prey hangar pets can now be equipped on the Fleet Vo'quv.
    The Vesta Console ability, Fermion Field, now correctly restores the Shields of nearby allies, instead of just yourself.
    Recluse Carriers now properly launch 3 Scorpion Fighters per wing instead of 6.

hmmmm seems as bad as DCUO for stupidly long downtimes for littles things,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2013

are u sure its a graphics lag many of us are getting huge lag spikes check grpahics bug forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    5 hour downtime .... good thing I have a fireplace, a thick book and a liter of sherry to get me through it. Now where's my lounging jacket .....
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    fourxgamer wrote: »

It's been longer, before that. One of the updates changed the size/shape of the activation area for MANY consoles, it no long reaches the 'floor' in front of the consoles. Short characters have to jump to reach it, and some consoles, even stand on top of, just right.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I got a reply off PWE - Basically saying they can't or wont help...I'm beginning to think they simply dont care anymore!

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Yeah when a player has issues they aren't willing to help but when they want you to go vote for them in something or come out with some federation diet fluff they want your money but other than that its crappy support.
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    5 hour downtime .... good thing I have a fireplace, a thick book and a liter of sherry to get me through it. Now where's my lounging jacket .....

You have the right idea as long as you don't come back! Pick up another book when that one is finished!
  • Options
    milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lol. I'm being productive.. at work! Instead of Ker'rat.
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I can correct that...for a price ;)

Just kidding...
This discussion has been closed.