test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 9, 2012

12346»

Comments

• wixibanwixiban Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why are you removing this? No reason, no discussion..just taking rewards away from a daily for players? How exactly are we going to get dilithium now for out fleet projects or to buy the items in from the reputation/fleet/embassy etc. ?

One very simple answer - REAL LIFE MONEY.

They are moving this game forward in a way that you will have to purchase Zen in order to exchange it for Dilithium - so that you can then have enough dilithium to by any of the new shiney weapons, ship mods or new abilities.

Definately starting to take it's toll on the life longer players and not just the lifers.
    Wixiban.png
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i have a fix for the dil problem REMOVE dil from starbase and every other place it is like the stores that way the extream low dilthium nurfs will not mean *****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deletedgeardeletedgear Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    • The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.

The only thing that kept me going to B'Tran was the fact that I could receive 2880 dilithium from the missions. Aside from some doff missions, I will never frequent it again. The "Explore..." missions feel too "grindy".

In terms of consistency, I understand why they would remove the dilithium from the one mission, but unfortunately now there is simply not enough incentive to visit B'Tran.
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I want a dilithium interest rate for my bank based upon the dilithium exchange.. I want to earn dilithium for doing jack TRIBBLE except putting my dilithium in the bank.. that way, I can stay logged off for weeks at a time and come back and collect all my interest, because that is the only way I am going to be interested in your grind fest, cryptic.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • nnitennite Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    REALLY?

Why not just remove all the Dilithium from the system? Now the only ones remaining are 1440 or less per mission.

You can't force people to spend more time in your game by removing rewards. It then becomes a waste of time and you'll see fewer players, not more.

STO have a lot of content and story but people need good reward, or will be just do the same missions everyday, all missions should give marks and DL so people get interest in actually do all kinds of missions, taking all rewards from missions is push away the interest of players and not invest in development of the game with new missions and story anymore, so PW can concentrate and develop cosmetic to zenstore to make more cash and also with less DL from reward is kind direct players to buy anyway since can't collect the DL good enough to trade in DL Exchange.

Kind regards
  • bioskyline1bioskyline1 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so i guess we will all have to play KDF side if we want dil, lose a bunch of it in the exchange, and then cash the zen into dil fed side......
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well done crytic you have killed my 1 man fleet :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • ryanevryanev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so i guess we will all have to play KDF side if we want dil, lose a bunch of it in the exchange, and then cash the zen into dil fed side......

Actually you don't need to lose any.
    You just post some ridicilous offer to sell your dil for 50 dil per CP.
    Re-log on your Fed character and cancel your offer and withdraw the amount.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This B'Tran move is pretty disgusting, my guess is they'll start to find the next best ways to get dilithium and nerf the TRIBBLE out of them as well. Removing the dil from B'Tran is greed, and they can't dispute that, it was designed to give dilithium otherwise it fails to have a reason to even exist.

Right now the only reason to do the horrible exploration missions is for dilithium. By removing the rewards they might as well remove all exploration because Strange New Worlds is simply not worth the time and shear boredom and horror of playing those terrible missions.

So in effect they are removing even more content from the game, but I guess all of S7s great accomplishments make up for this? Like the generic kill missions that are just as horrible as the exploration missions? But I guess they are better since they waste time and don't reward dilithium, so yay.. more "content" nobody is going to play beyond the first week. Way to waste time.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bareel wrote: »
    ROFLMFAO B'tran really? Wow. Here lets just get this over with.

Fast ways to make dil for future nerfage.

1) Contraband from KDF marauding doffing
    2) Breen dailies are pretty darn quick. One is just a single dialog tree that is an exploit right?
    3) KDF Patrol bonus daily that applies to two other dil missions that can't be intended
    4) STFs are giving out dilithium might want to make sure thats not a bug
    5) Advanced orion slavers can get you some Contraband too, obviously an exploit
    6) KDF PvP dailies can all mostly be done at the same time! Just like B'tran

lol too funny dont give them any ideas
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    well done crytic you have killed my 1 man fleet :(

They will kill of all smal fleets, with no fleet-base/Ambasady sink i will keep all my dilitium.
    Second thing is without this i will have almost nothing to do anymore, thats why i already instaled MWO and play it. The sky is falling, now we know why so many already left Cryptic.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • outlaw51825outlaw51825 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ....just when you think Cryptic is listening. This happens

You know i was trying to hold back i was trying to believe everything was going to be alright. That Cryptic couldn't be this crazy. That there had to be SOME reason for this. But after reading 17 pages. And not seeing a single cryptic or dev response. Even Bran hasn't commented on this thread. Weekend or not, the silence speaks volumes. It really really does. And i dont care if people have IP watchers on their browsers and such. It should not take much for a dev to log in at home and make a statement. Or SOMEONE.

I was trying to hold out hope. Not any more.

TOR? That game can kiss my TRIBBLE. its F2P system is a joke. Now Guild Wars 2. That's a game i'll like.

Fancy blasters and hokey weapons aren't enough to keep my interest in a Sci-fi game. I'll go back to EVE online if i feel the need for Scifi. Cryptic, if you cant comprehend why dilithium levels in general are so high you feel the need to do this...you've lost your playerbase. You've lost your game. I don't know if i'm uninstalling yet but i had thought about spending money and until today i felt comfortable with putting money into this game. I start a job tomorrow that's going to significantly limit my playing time, and with changes like this? I cant do it. I cant play this game the way you want me to play this game. This...the silence speaks volumes. Volumes.