test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 9, 2012

Comments

• levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All I can say is that my biggest fears were unfounded - I thought there would be little new entertainment for me in Season 7 - but the way this is going - i'm just going to hang out here on the forums - it's going to be a real barn burner!
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Oh I simply cannot wait until Stahl comes with Season 7 and proudly proclaims with Season 7 they added more ways to acquire Dilithium ... despite the fact we get LESS on the existing ones, have some REMOVED and of course it will now take a significant amount of time that is beyond the casual players that apparently are the majority of the game to acquire the amounts they USED to gain.

... Yes, I am QUITE sure you people are looking into raising the Dilithium limit ... and cut in half the current output along with it ...

Welcome to Season 7 folks, even more grind.
    Well Stahl reminds me a lot of Garak and his "unique" relationship with the truth.
  • flyingcatmanflyingcatman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I haven't really considered it until now, but maybe I should join the great Exodus to the similarly-themed science fiction game of the same genre that happens to be going F2P.

I want to support STO. It is a great game with great potential. If the reputation system doesn't give us some great ways to get Dilithium, though, then the ways to make money in-game are just being ruined.

Please, please don't go any further.

Just counting on the Dilithium exchange projects in the Omega reputation to give us plenty of Dilithium, maybe this was just a change made for balance, and we are over-reacting and not knowing much.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    All I can say is that my biggest fears were unfounded - I thought there would be little new entertainment for me in Season 7 - but the way this is going - i'm just going to hang out here on the forums - it's going to be a real barn burner!

Go ahead....,

Yuck it up...,

You may end up being the only one to answer your own posts after a while.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hold your horses - better go back and put /sarcasm

However - and I am taking a wild guess - could be completely off base - complete conspiracy theory stuff - but I think they have a plan to drive people to buy more Zen

Yes i know it sounds crazy - i'll go get my meds now.

I'm not being sarcastic. That's exactly how I feel at the moment.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So I'm guessing they really wanna force people to buy zen and not just grind it cause now its gonna take that much longer. Seems all the stuff that people posted for grinding dili has been addressed and removed or heavily nerfed. Happy to say I didn't pay a penny for the Zen I'm getting the Vesta with, all ground out over the last month.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I haven't really considered it until now, but maybe I should join the great Exodus to the similarly-themed science fiction game of the same genre that happens to be going F2P.

I want to support STO. It is a great game with great potential. If the reputation system doesn't give us some great ways to get Dilithium, though, then the ways to make money in-game are just being ruined.

Just counting on the Dilithium exchange projects in the Omega reputation to give us plenty of Dilithium, maybe this was just a change made for balance, and we are over-reacting and not knowing much.

Unfortunately..., TOR's F2P..., is even costlier then STO's...

The Western on-line gaming industry has seen the light of the Eastern(Chinese) one and apparently feels that western players are just as gullible and have simple enough minds to dump gobs of money into the same type of games.

Maybe I'm outta touch, but I certainly won't be as foolish from now on.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Watch their new reputation system flop as they put minimalist dilithium rewards as "incentive" to play multi-man missions that take an average of 45-60 minutes and nerf or outright remove our current methods of obtaining dilithium. I've tried to be optimistic, but the latest may just be the straw to break this camel's back.

Because there's story and mission content locked behind it I'll run the Romulan Reputation XP missions and spend the dilithium to do the upgrades, but from what I've seen so far on tribble the "rewards" aren't worth the increasing time-cost for the dilithium...and that particular choice which was something I originally looked at as an interesting quirk of gameplay/story integration is starting to look a lot less fun and a lot more exploitative.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2012

If memory serves... at least for the exchange mission I saw.. 5 Borg Neurals + 1d 16h for 1000 Dilithium... For those of us who could trade in the Tech, Salvage, and EDC... thats a huge hit... I wouldn't look there for a dilithium replacement.

I could be wrong... but thats what I have seen... maybe someone who has unlocked a higher level has more insight.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some more thoughts on the Chart the B'Tran Cluster change.

Did you guys think this thing through? It smacks of a last minute decision. The following is quite apparent to me.

With no more dilithium for the mission, what the point of the Chart The B'Tran Cluster (daily)? You might as well remove it from the game. It's not like Level 47-50 players need a "Daily" mission to earn extra Expertise. And might as well just remove the entire B'Tran Vice Admiral Sector from the game. There entire reason for it was the Chart The B'Tran Cluster mission. There is really no reason for it to exist at all. The plain B'Tran Cluster sector will suffice for the exploration sector since all of the mission now scale.
    edited November 2012
    Well Stahl reminds me a lot of Garak and his "unique" relationship with the truth.

Was this what you were refering to Superherofan?

In this video you - the player are the doctor - Cryptic plays the part of Garak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t02v9EUHs30&feature=related

(best part is the last 40 sec)
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Deleted: Because there's just no point in trying.
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    is it wise to upset the player base and take things away from us? Why stick around here with this treatment when another game just opened up F2P?
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • johrmantieganjohrmantiegan Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    is it wise to upset the player base and take things away from us? Why stick around here with this treatment when another game just opened up F2P?

Exactly. I played that other game for the first months after its launch but came back to STO because of my lifetime membership and my love of the IP. I've rolled with the other punches... I just don't see me playing this game for much longer when the grinds have extended greatly and the rewards have gotten more and more out of reach. What's the point.

I'll be keeping an eye on STO but its off to the other game for awhile. I'm even considering ::gasps:: PAYING for the sub on the other game as it seems worth the expense for the game play. Shame I don't think that about this game... the one I've spent a couple of thousand on in the past... just don't see it being fun for awhile.

I wonder if the other game's developer could take over this IP...
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20121026a.15

General:
    • The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.

Is there really such a build-up of Dilithium in the CUSTOMERS accounts from THEIR HARD WORK that it is starting to threaten the ZEN?

Cryptic/PWE please do not continue with this practice or THE LESS DILITHIUM there is in the game, the LESS ZEN I will put in.

And don't listen to the people that complain about the "grind" because they mainly just want things handed to them and not have to work for it.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Holy cow it time to roll more KDF toons - they now have soo many dilth gathering missions its really going to be an all out player war with the majority of Feds angry as hell when they find out just how many KDF mission for dilth there are - and over-lap

Most KDF can roll the same dilthium missions at the same time in Ker'ret - like lucky charm, killing feds, stealing enemy resources - I have to check the proper names and all the rest.

There are full time guys flying the Advanced orion slavers pulling in Hundreds and hundreds of contraband per day - those slavers are insane.

I hope they dont mess with the KDF stuff I got 12 KDF geared out to the teeth I use for getting dilithium LOL. Its not like people would actually go to b'tran anyways its about as bad as actually doing a foundry mission.
    edited November 2012
    I hope they dont mess with the KDF stuff I got 12 KDF geared out to the teeth I use for getting dilithium LOL. Its not like people would actually go to b'tran anyways its about as bad as actually doing a foundry mission.

What I said in my main thread in STO Discussion:
    Like I said in my last post the majority of casual Fed players will be completely blind to that and won't care one bit until they see a KDF daily nerf of the same amount 1440 dilthium.

You know it will happen - the Fed players ranting could get particularly ugly - it's also not a tiny amout either so yeah - Cryptic just smacked a big Fed wasp nest - with no-where to deflect the anger and say "hey we did it to the KDF to!!"
  • draugadandraugadan Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know, Cryptic. I think you are right. B'Tran Cluster dilithium was just too much.

I have a suggestion. I think the dilithium reward for dilithium mining is out of balance too. You should remove the dilithium from that mission too.

Surely dilithium is not the sole reason for doing those two missions.

;sigh

If this stays in place I will not be doing the B'Tran cluster missions any longer.

Will the dilithium for the Explore Strange New Worlds stay around? Or is that going too?

I wonder if that is their reasoning, btw. Right now you can "double up" on dilithium by accepting the:

Explore New Worlds

Explore the B'Tran Cluster

Chart the B'Tran Cluster (Daily)

If you have all 3 missions then all 3 will complete when you've finished the 3rd B'Tran mission. Which means 2,800 dilithium for reward instead of 1,400.
  • jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [*]The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.

I'm going to nick name Zero "The Human Torch"..and at the end of every release note she posts that contain something such as the above, she should end the notes with FLAME ON!!!
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
    edited November 2012
    draugadan wrote: »
    You know, Cryptic. I think you are right. B'Tran Cluster dilithium was just too much.

I have a suggestion. I think the dilithium reward for dilithium mining is out of balance too. You should remove the dilithium from that mission too.

Surely dilithium is not the sole reason for doing those two missions.

;sigh

You mean you have not heard what's on the chopping block next? Oh Dear:eek:
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow.

Guess Season 7 will be the end of STO, because at this rate, we will be forced to grind Dilithium just to play the game. :rolleyes:

Star Trek never went past 7 seasons...........
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Here is a thought. You are now making so many changes that should have been made a long time ago if that is the road you wanted to do. How about you get around to the over old age problems that keep on not being addressed.

Nothing like doing Btran daily and your NPD's and enemies falling through the ground. How about fix the file commendation report for military... I guess that is probably in the Season 7 update but I imagine the requirements have changed and it needs 5000 dilthium to file the report now :D

Just remove EC from the game already. Everything is dilithium, dilithium, dilithium. Make every single mission reward an amount of.. don't remove dilthium rewards from missions.
  • mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice one Craptic. Way to continue pissing people off.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
  • metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    god i regret getting lifetime now. it seems since the lifetime sale came out , the nerfs have been rolling out on a weekly basis.
    you must explain the reasoning behind these changes to dilithium!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    These constant dilithium nerfs are really getting me down. i think s7 is a great season but its really being spoiled by this wide scale nerfing.

i wouldn't mind if all the new content had lots of dilithium attached but it doesn't. you can spend days on new romulus and not pick up a single piece of dilithium. the stf's have been nerfed making into the hive less attractive. there are no salvage drops as far as i know now so you cant trade them in like before. the reward project for the elite stf rewards was like 9 pieces for 1000 dilithium, which is less than what one salvage would have gotten you.

embassy's on top of starbases now take up more, the reputation system still uses some, doff finding is more expensive and now b'tran is gone?

if the starbase system had forced the dilithium price up, then at least i could buy a ton of dilithium for a good price, but its forced it down making that transaction more painful.

this is a time based currency and its only available in a relatively decreasing number of ways as more content is added yet the respective number of ways are not increasing proportionality and the old ways are being nerfed.

i dont normally say this, but this is just greed. i get you want people to spend money, of course you do, but find new ways to do it, dont hamstring the old ways.

very disappointed.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [*]The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.

:mad:

I have no words for this.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What I said in my main thread in STO Discussion:

Its rough but I don't think Cryptic or PWE understand the mitigating factors behind their decisions with things like nerfing fed dilithium intake and not developing the KDF at all for this year.

First things first the KDF are the primary generators of dilithium and then the loss of how the foundry daily works, and the btran going away is virtually going to cripple the federation influx of dilithium to this economy of dilithium exchange. The impass is going to be as the more heavily KDF invested KDF lose interest in dilithium marauding farming and pi canis farming because of nothing to spend it on for their faction and the fact the federation is virtually being cut down to nothing with this dilithium change. Its going to be a critical tanking of the dilithium economy.

The upside is you will get more dilithium for your zen or c points. But the hard line is that you will basically be fighting the low supply of it coming from players. Its all about supply and demand... Klingons make supply but if they have no demand to exchange for zen with nothing coming in that dies. Feds getting their low supply cut even more that kills it too so its going to force more people to pay real money but its really only going to hurt the federation side mostly because the KDF are sick of this and will go elsewhere if nothing new is going on for them

Anyways thats my take on nerfing without thinking.
  • docroadie69docroadie69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Seriously??

Does anyone in cryptic really play the game?? I mean sure, you program it, test it, tweak it, program some more, make changes, test it out.. then release it. But do you really play the game from our (the people who pay your damn paycheck) point of view that when you make changes like this--you know it's going to TRIBBLE a lot of people off.
    Then again, I'm almost guessing that you purposely make changes to see how many people do get pissed off because you have a betting pool going. This week Dstahl wins--only 43 people got pissed at that change....

:mad::mad:
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Eh, double 1440 rewards was a little unfair, I thought ;) I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I suspected this might come. Now it has

And while the forums have claimed the game would die because of one reason or another, the game has proven them wrong since the beginning. So I simply think the game will get to Season 8's release, and probably beyond :)

Hell knows I'll be here, as none of the other MMO's interest me, F2P or otherwise :D

And before anyone suspects otherwise, this is a serious statement.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow. Lifelong Star Trek fan that I am. I was very enthused about STO when I started playing it. It was fun and exciting and enjoyable. Gave some serious thought to purchasing a subscription around Christmas time. I am now very glad I have not yet done so. I cannot afford to spend the hours it will take to achieve even the most basic gear. Nor with the way said gear has been nerfed to destruction, do I think STO is worth spending Real Money on any longer.

Not mad. Not foaming at the mouth and raving. "Disappointed - again", sums up precisely how I feel. Pretty safe guess I am not the only one. There are other far less exasperating ways to get get my Star Trek fix. If you guys wanted me to use those instead of STO you could have simply asked.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.