tinead51 wrote: »
    No Dev reply at all in this thread... how strange,I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Probably because it's the weekend.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hypl wrote: »
    Probably because it's the weekend.
    Exactly. And people accuse them of not responding when the fact is they can't. Being off-work does that :/

This was pushed late on friday night, probably before everyone went home. Result is, you won't get a response till monday... if you get a response at all.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But if they remove/nerf the KDF dilithium gathering, that pretty much means there is nothing to do in that faction anymore haha : |

Its the bribe/tradeoff, no content for dilithium gathering power :p

It will back fire long-term when season 8 rolls around and based on "new data" showing massive KDF player increase translates into no more purchases(because they are all Feds alting the now HUGE exploits on the KDF side) and Mr Stahl says - "well i know I said that season 8 was going to be about KDF content - but look - they had X number join in the last 3 months and nothing - they are not purchasing - they are not running any of the CURRENT KDF story content - so it's just not COST EFFECTIVE to do anything any more - sorry"

And that will basically be game over for the KDF

Be careful what you wish for - or are currently happy about.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    Exactly. And people accuse them of not responding when the fact is they can't. Being off-work does that :/

This was pushed late on friday night, probably before everyone went home. Result is, you won't get a response till monday... if you get a response at all.

That is pure BS - why?

Brandon is lurking around for sure - that's just his style

Zero put this out at 9pm her time - so way after business hours. And its also her style to lurk around the forums during the weekend.

But the bottom line is what do they need to comment on? They have made a decision and posted the changes - that's their right as the game developer - so what's there to say?
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission

Thats a bad move. Really.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    doctordementiledoctordementile Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral -
    All of my facepalm. For the record, I'm not in the Doom&Gloom crowd. I understand that the dilithium economy is not in trouble.

What I DON'T understand is why you removed the dil reward from this mission instead of disabling it entirely. This mission is now COMPLETELY POINTLESS. It's a DAILY, exclusive to VICE ADMIRALS that gives only EXPERTISE. What? You couldn't just nuke it altogether?

I'm not calling you out on trying to manipulate the economy. I'm calling you out on being lazy.

Now, let's assume you've got plans. You want to keep this mission around for a pending exploration revamp or something. Sure, fine. I'll buy that. But why remove the dil reward NOW? There's nothing to replace it. Even if you brought back Marks of Exploration (I kinda miss those, broken as they were) at some later time, there's nothing to fill the void in the moment. You've just got a pointless, empty mission hanging out there in the TRIBBLE-end of space.

Are you going to add Omega Marks and just haven't gotten around to it yet? Maybe you could do like Defera and add a random assortment of MK XI data samples? It would at least give this poor mission some purpose.

I'm not entirely convinced "the dev team knows what they're doing" is an accurate statement at this point. Even if this is somehow an honest mistake, you don't need me to tell you it's feeding the doomsayers.
  • Options
    praxian2012praxian2012 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    That is pure BS - why?

Zero put this out at 9pm her time - so way after business hours. And its also her style to lurk around the forums during the weekend.

But the bottom line is what do they need to comment on? They have made a decision and posted the changes - that's their right as the game developer - so what's there to say?

It's their right as a game developer - true.

Is it the right -move- though, I say no. But who am I. We'll see how badly season 7 backfires and if STO is able to survive through it.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    That is pure BS - why?

They still have every right not to speak off-hours, if they so choose ;)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    They still have every right not to speak off-hours, if they so choose ;)

Very true - but some people have this idea that all the Devs just treat this as a job - they DON"T - at least not all of them.

Many Dev's work off of the clock - many of them post on the weekends and after hours. Zero does it, Taco does it, and Borticus does it on a fairly regular basis.

I love it when they come into threads and make comments - to agree or disagree with what we are saying. I wish they would do it more often.
  • Options
    mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well Brandon? Zero? You guys were quick to respond when asked questions in yesterdays thread, today nothing?

Let me answer for you guys:

"We here @ Cryptic now have a large enough cash cow we no longer care about what our consumers think. There is no longer a reason to make Dilithium easy to get because if you want it from here on out, by god you will pay zen to get it or you won't have it.

Or you can spend 6 hours to reach your 8,000 cap (at which time we'll nerf it again to make it 12 hours to get it)."

/shakeshead

Cryptic is run by morons that don't give a damn about their players. 'We listen to our player's feedback' is pure BS. I hope this company dies and the Star Trek IP given to a company that cares.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    mindmage2 wrote: »
    Cryptic is run by morons that don't give a damn about their players. 'We listen to our player's feedback' is pure BS. I hope this company dies and the Star Trek IP given to a company that cares.
    Why don't you read levi's post before yours...

Some decisions are questionable; mostly as a matter of opinion, but still. But if they truly didn't care, they wouldn't be interacting with us at all :rolleyes:
    Was named Trek17.

• Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Everyone calm down you can still buy dilth with Zen - just take out the credit card - it's not that hard. What's the big deal?:eek:

no big deal huh ok then I'll take 5,000 zen a month from you like you said no big deal
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    no big deal huh ok then I'll take 5,000 zen a month from you like you said no big deal

That was ment to be a joke:eek:
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm guessing the biggest reason we dont get responses on this today is that its a weekend and they are at home trying to relax. Nothing more to it than that.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I'm guessing the biggest reason we dont get responses on this today is that its a weekend and they are at home trying to relax. Nothing more to it than that.

Hmm - NO.

There is nothing to comment on. The change has been made. It has been announced. Its a done deal. Weekend or weekday - what's the difference? Zero posted the notice at 9pm last night - no need to comment. It's a change and we just have to deal with it - so don't expect any comment.
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So a lot of posters here are upset about the removal of the Dilithium from the B'tran cluster. I cant say that it's totally unjustified, especially when we're seeing that the KDF apparently make Dilithium hand over fist from doing just about anything, compounded with the fact that we're not seeing or even hearing about many more ways to earn Dilithium in place of the reduced or removed methods (although to be fair, most people complaining about the reduced STF Dilithium fail to either recognize or mention that Fleet Actions are where the big Dilithium earning is going to happen now).

I hopped into Champions Online the other night. I don't play it very often, but as another F2P title from Cryptic, it's good to hop in every once in a while to get a change of scenery. One of the things I noticed is that in their hourly event filmstrip, they have an event hour scheduled for bonus Questionite (Questionite being CO's equivalent to Dilithium). In the description, it says that any kills you make on NPCs have a chance to reward Questionite in addition to regular rewards. I'm not sure what this chance is on regular play, but during that time I was playing a Comic Adventure Series (I guess that's about like our Featured Episode Series) and EVERY mob I killed was giving me 5 Questionite. Maybe they have a similar Dilithium bonus hour in the works for STO in the future? Maybe they can call it the "Dilithium Murder Everything in Sight Hour"

EDIT: Or maybe call it the "Landru Hour", where everyone goes crazy and just starts massacring every killable NPC in sight for an hour to get their hands on that sweet, sweet Dilithium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So a lot of posters here are upset about the removal of the Dilithium from the B'tran cluster. I cant say that it's totally unjustified, especially when we're seeing that the KDF apparently make Dilithium hand over fist from doing just about anything, compounded with the fact that we're not seeing or even hearing about many more ways to earn Dilithium in place of the reduced or removed methods (although to be fair, most people complaining about the reduced STF Dilithium fail to either recognize or mention that Fleet Actions are where the big Dilithium earning is going to happen now).

I hopped into Champions Online the other night. I don't play it very often, but as another F2P title from Cryptic, it's good to hop in every once in a while to get a change of scenery. One of the things I noticed is that in their hourly event filmstrip, they have an event hour scheduled for bonus Questionite (Questionite being CO's equivalent to Dilithium). In the description, it says that any kills you make on NPCs have a chance to reward Questionite in addition to regular rewards. I'm not sure what this chance is on regular play, but during that time I was playing a Comic Adventure Series (I guess that's about like our Featured Episode Series) and EVERY mob I killed was giving me 5 Questionite. Maybe they have a similar Dilithium bonus hour in the works for STO in the future? Maybe they can call it the "Dilithium Murder Everything in Sight Hour"
    that sounds pretty cool.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    At this rate, the next update will be to give everyone a papercut and then pour lemonjuice on it.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2012
    Lots of ways to get more contraband on the Kdf side

Lots of ways to get more dilithium on the Kdf side

Our Klingon fleet has not 1 new member from our
    Maxed out fed fleet to our 35 man Kdf fleet

A hollow log is still a hollow log no matter what
    The trimmings look like.

Cryptic still does not understand the difference between
    A mmo player and a star trek fan it seems
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jellico1 wrote: »
    Lots of ways to get more contraband on the Kdf side

Lots of ways to get more dilithium on the Kdf side

Our Klingon fleet has not 1 new member from our
    Maxed out fed fleet to our 35 man Kdf fleet

A hollow log is still a hollow log no matter what
    The trimmings look like.

Cryptic still does not understand the difference between
    A mmo player and a star trek fan it seems

Honestly I do not think Cryptic understands either, let alone any difference.
  • Options
    landerx74927landerx74927 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20121026a.15

General:
    • Updated the Embassy System:
      • Updated the description of the Diplomacy Tier 2 Unlock.
      • The Inter-Fleet Shuttle project now properly unlocks at Tier 2 Embassy.
      • All Embassy Tier Unlocks have had their descriptions updated.
    • Romulan Reputation Ability Points now have an icon.
    • Corrected a typo in Romulan Plasma Torpedo project.
    • Removed references to "Adapted Omega" from the Omega system Tier 5 Tier-Up Unlock description.
      • There is no Adapted Omega, only MACO and Honor Guard.
    • Resolved an issue that caused all Foundry missions to display as unqualified for the Investigate Officer Reports daily mission.
    • Added menu options to access your ship and shuttle interiors individually.
    • The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.
    • All Embassy and Reputation item rewards should now be Bind on Pickup, with a few, very rare exceptions.
    • The Epohh research Duty Officer mission now correctly rewards 3 Epohh research on critical success.
    • Existing Reman datalogs have been converted into Romulan Marks.
      • The conversion rate is 5 marks to 1 datalog.

Did you notice where this was placed? Reminds me of when I needed to feed my dog and I sandwiched a pill between 2 hamburger patties. :D
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have to wonder if they looked at the stats and decided that people had too much dilithum recently. Overlooking the fact that everyone is running STFs like crazy trying to get their mk12 before s7 and have a huge amount of ore as a result.
  • Options
    snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [*]The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.
    [/LIST]
    [/LIST]

Cryptic This is a mistake Please for the love of Kahless, put the the Dilithium reward back in the game. Remember Perfect Fail's Chinese Grind fest model doesn't work or apply to your western customers.

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well Brandon? Zero? You guys were quick to respond when asked questions in yesterdays thread, today nothing?

Let me answer for you guys:

"We here @ Cryptic now have a large enough cash cow we no longer care about what our consumers think. There is no longer a reason to make Dilithium easy to get because if you want it from here on out, by god you will pay zen to get it or you won't have it.

Or you can spend 6 hours to reach your 8,000 cap (at which time we'll nerf it again to make it 12 hours to get it)."

/shakeshead

^^THIS

/10char
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can still do the Strange New Worlds daily in B'tran. I would assume that's the reason they removed the B'tran daily, so that you couldn't do both at the same time.
  • Options
    pallagispallagis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What do you want? This F2P game. You pay if you need anything.
  • Options
    ryanevryanev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow 15 pages about people raging over 1 change. Cryptic really is going on a negative change streak and the timing coudn't be worse with the SWTOR F2P coming.
    I hope we get at least an explanation to why this change is made.
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    pallagis wrote: »
    What do you want? This F2P game. You pay if you need anything.

I do all the time but Dil i use for other items for my toons.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

EDIT: Or maybe call it the "Landru Hour", where everyone goes crazy and just starts massacring every killable NPC in sight for an hour to get their hands on that sweet, sweet Dilithium.

Another thing I've noticed about the way CO handles Questionite Ore is that it often comes in its own separate box as a loot drop pickup at the end of the mission, not in the mission rewards itself. Neverwinter and STO's Foundry Spotlight rewards are supposed to handle their new end-of-mission rewards similarly, where there will be some sort of special loot drop or chest at the end with loot determined by the content of the mission. Could Dilithium be going into a similar system?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.

Really? What the heck guys, the dilithium reward is the ONLY reason to do that mission considering it doesn't reward anything else of use to you because you're at level cap... What is the point?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!