Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 9, 2012

Comments

• Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    I want to earn the Dil in the game. I DO NOT want to buy it. And I DO NOT like being herded towards group content IF I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT.

Here here.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20121026a.15

General:
    • Updated the Embassy System:
      • Updated the description of the Diplomacy Tier 2 Unlock.
      • The Inter-Fleet Shuttle project now properly unlocks at Tier 2 Embassy.
      • All Embassy Tier Unlocks have had their descriptions updated.
    • Romulan Reputation Ability Points now have an icon.
    • Corrected a typo in Romulan Plasma Torpedo project.
    • Removed references to "Adapted Omega" from the Omega system Tier 5 Tier-Up Unlock description.
      • There is no Adapted Omega, only MACO and Honor Guard.
    • Resolved an issue that caused all Foundry missions to display as unqualified for the Investigate Officer Reports daily mission.
    • Added menu options to access your ship and shuttle interiors individually.
    • The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.
    • All Embassy and Reputation item rewards should now be Bind on Pickup, with a few, very rare exceptions.
    • The Epohh research Duty Officer mission now correctly rewards 3 Epohh research on critical success.
    • Existing Reman datalogs have been converted into Romulan Marks.
      • The conversion rate is 5 marks to 1 datalog.

when you patch why do i have to reinstall game getting old I am lifetime subscriber
    stop breaking system this is not funny
  • Options
    picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    "The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission."

You forget to remove dilithium from breen missions, why not right?
  • Options
    wmcarsonwmcarson Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well if they are doing this to strictly stop those from rolling 15 toons and spending 2-3 hour raking up nearly a 1000 zen a day... well...then I'm okay with it (yes I know I'm disagreeing with everyone on here I'm so hipster)

That said, what I would like to see 'in a perfect world' (pun intended) is leaving the fast dailies in the game for those that don't have the time to grind all day due to school/work/etc.

HOWEVER - there are better ways to fix exploit(s) - i.e. make the fast dailies account bound or probably better make the dilithium refinement cap account based. So essentially instead of 8k refinement cap a day make it 16k-24k a day account wide.

This would allow for people to do the quick dailies, but also cut down on the small minority of players (I'm assuming small minority) that are 'exploiting' the dailies to fund their own miniature 15 toon task force.

On last thought - These changes don't make me regret getting lifetime. That is the stupidest thing I ever heard. The ships, respect tokens, inventory/bank slots, ship slots, uniform unlocks, android bof, zen stipend etc MORE than make the cost of lifetime. Should people be upset by the changes? sure? But grab your towel and don't panic to the point were you want to re-install the game lmao
    |William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com
  • Options
    lordtrekkielordtrekkie Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.
    Seriously? So... How am I supposed to earn Dilithium now? I don't have hours and hours and hours I can devote to the grind-fest called Star Trek Online. Why not I dunno, just reduce the dilithium reward a bit for that mission instead of removing it altogether?
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The few people who actually played the Vault are really handsomely rewarded for their trouble: 5 omega marks for one Datalog. Remind me, getting one datalog was about as difficult as an elite STF (at least), and only during the event, right?

Happy I'm not one of those players.

Oh, and what else: Oh yes, removing dilithium rewards, great idea. Why didn't we players think of it before? :eek:
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    niceguy13niceguy13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    There are full time guys flying the Advanced orion slavers pulling in Hundreds and hundreds of contraband per day - those slavers are insane.

Wel then i hope they gone tell me how they do that because its random and most of the time you only get them from targets like cubes, big targets.

You have a small chance of getting them so your defently wrong.

You get energie credits and random stuff like commoditits most of the time.

I get from playing with luck maybe 6 on 8 hours of play a day in stf's.
    On a good day 18 if i switch between 3 chars.

And i fly them all the time on my kar'fi.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wmcarson wrote: »
    Well if they are doing this to strictly stop those from rolling 15 toons and spending 2-3 hour raking up nearly a 1000 zen a day... well...then I'm okay with it (yes I know I'm disagreeing with everyone on here I'm so hipster)

yes because those create a dilithium inflation on the market and I cant buy more dilithium for less zen for my fleet which needs lots of dilithium and now by removing their dilithium the price will go up and Ill get s*** dilithium for the same money.Thank you for talking without thinking.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    adrianm63 wrote: »
    yes because those create a dilithium inflation on the market and I cant buy more dilithium for less zen for my fleet which needs lots of dilithium and now by removing their dilithium the price will go up and Ill get s*** dilithium for the same money.Thank you for talking without thinking.

Thank you for talking without thinking? Haaaaaa haaaa haaaa haaa haaa wow you are really witty tell me are you the captain of your elementary school debate team? Because that was such a burn ouchies

Also you're analysis of the market makes no sense. I'm not attacking you here I'm just confused by your argument. If dilithium prizes rise...they you'll get MORE dilithium when you sell zen. If there is less dilithium on the market...its a good thing for you..if I'm getting your statement of turning in zen for dilithium right. So those that grind it suffer...those that just buy it win.

Plus they are reducing overall costs to the starbase projects. Although that said they are adding the reputation system and embassy so I guess that savings is a wash.

Also - let me be very clear. I prefer the current way. The Starbase shouldn't be 'pay to win' if you will...were those with deep pockets can just steam roll the fleet advancement up to tier 5.
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For the love of... ok, look. Make Dilithium cap account-wide. INCREASE the Dilithium-per-hour. I'm assuming you're trying to get a grip on slowing the super-grinders and hoarders, but you're punishing the casual players here and SERIOUSLY turning this game into a grind-fest.

Take it one step further - anything that offers Dilithium, offer a choice - Dilithium or Fleet Marks. Anything that offers reputation marks, offer another choice: Dilithium or rep Marks or Fleet marks. Anything that offers Fleet Marks, make the choice between Dilithium or FM.

Our time is rewarded in any of these 3 ways, why are your forcing us to grind our heads off to get the reward we want?
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    dcblackmandcblackman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh Cryptic, whats wrong with you?

Seems like someone is pulling really bad Ideas out of his Hat.

Thanks of nearly 3 Years of STO, Thanks for the Time and all the Work.
    No Thanks to Gindfest and breaking ervery Funpart.
    WoD is launching soon (TM) so farewell.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    jnohd wrote: »
    For the love of... ok, look. Make Dilithium cap account-wide. INCREASE the Dilithium-per-hour. I'm assuming you're trying to get a grip on slowing the super-grinders and hoarders, but you're punishing the casual players here and SERIOUSLY turning this game into a grind-fest.

Take it one step further - anything that offers Dilithium, offer a choice - Dilithium or Fleet Marks. Anything that offers reputation marks, offer another choice: Dilithium or rep Marks or Fleet marks. Anything that offers Fleet Marks, make the choice between Dilithium or FM.

Our time is rewarded in any of these 3 ways, why are your forcing us to grind our heads off to get the reward we want?

Thats a good idea..allowing more choices. The officer report mission offers a dumb choice - dilithium or leveled item? lmao wonder what i should take. But if they offered other choices that were worthwhile..like the reputation marks... well..that probably go a long way to stopping the exploiters
  • Options
    flyingcatmanflyingcatman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All of these posts, I only saw a single positive upbeat one... Cryptic made a big boo-boo here...
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I will sacrifice my time to my fleet if I have to, I will Whale my way through Dilithium solely for my starbase if I must, but I need to have a choice somewhere. I need to see the reward I want, and that reward is purely Fleet Marks if only so my Fleet can continue to enjoy this game.

I just went from 50 days of clicks to 300 days of "content" if I alone am carrying the SB3 and Tailor upgrades we are currently set on.

EDIT: oh wait... is this so you can distract me from the fact that this will be a second Season without a story arc??
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    theeishtmotheeishtmo Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, all I can say on the B'Tran change: So much for the exploration side of Star Trek Online. Fun while it lasted.

No, not really, it was boring as hell and uninspired. At least I don't have to fly out to the Borg sector block any more.
    I know there is a method but all I see is madness.
  • Options
    ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You know, I've been pretty optimistic about season 7 up until now. I like a lot of the new content and the dilithium structure changes didn't both me.

The reason they didn't bother me was this:

While the new costs were high, I noted that with the mission structure as it exists now I bring in a comfortable amount of dilithium thanks to the "baseline" of easily repeatable missions I can run with my alts.

I assumed that the cost structures put in place for S7 were also based on this assumption.

Then you chose to nerf the console clickers. I was skeptical of this because of its potential impact on my revenue stream. I work full time and go to school full time and I don't have time to spend hours on end running dailies. My preferred gaming style is to go through my alts an spend about an hour at most harvesting dilithium, then spend the rest of my time online actually having fun playing with my fleet.

Still, I accepted that the console clickers were a subversion of the intended playstyle and accepted that I would have to shift my dilithium harvest focus to KDF contraband doffing and on the Fed side the B'tran.

So I'm sure you can imagine my feelings when I read today's announcement. Wasn't the whole point of the B'Tran bonus reward to incentivize us to play in the vice-admiral ranked instance instead of the [easier] normal version? Moreover, isn't the double reward for this supposed to compensate the Feds for the absence of high-revenue content like Path of the Warrior?

This strikes me as a poorly thought out decision, or perhaps a knee-jerk reaction to pressure to reduce mission dilithium costs. Maybe it is both of those things. Either way, I am deeply disappointed.

I'm not disappointed for reasons of personal greed, either. Every grain of dilithium I refine goes to my fleet. I'm in a small fleet, and the cumulative impact of these market changes is going to dramatically impact our revenue stream. Hopefully we can bridge the gap with recruiting, but that's an uncertainty factor that I would rather not have to worry about.

I hope that in the few days remaining before Season 7 launches you seriously reconsider the decision to remove dilithium from Chart the B'Tran.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    • The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.

Of all the dumb and idiotic changes made in Season 7, this is the most disappointing and most baffling.

Why not double the dilithium reward for Strange New Worlds? Or give each exploration cluster it's own daily that rewards 480 dilithium? Just what the hell are you people smoking over there? Stop making moronic changes like this unless you have a valid and reasonable explanation.

I'm waiting... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20121026a.15
    • Added menu options to access your ship and shuttle interiors individually.

Congratulations, you have now effectively killed Exploration. Why not just remove all the exploration systems as the only reason people are going to them now was to do that mission pair and the DOFF colonial Chains.
    • There is no reason to go there for anomalies because you decimated crafting.
    • There is no reason to go to the lower tier ones as a higher rank because they give no rewards.
    • Now there is no reason to go to B'Tran.
    What you will now have is everyone going to Delta Volanis to do the Strange New Worlds once a day. Congratulations on providing an effective means for people to use a system you put in game at a cost. Your lack of support for this is astounding and with each update it becomes more and more apparent to the playerbase that Crytpic does not know how to run an MMO.

Seriously, if you guys are not going to make dilithium a true time-based currency (which you are moving even farther from) you have just messed the entire balance of your:
      Dilithium Store
    • Starbase System
    • Personal Advancement System
    • Dilithium Exchange
    Why you ask, well all the data mining you guys did to "balance" these systems is now invalid because that was done when players could: do the console clicky, exchange DOFFs for a higher dilithium return, turned in STF gear for dilithium, got haigher rates of dilithium return for running STFs, did the exploration dailies.

Who the heck is making these calls?

I do hope that season 7 will not come on the 13th and you will still be putting in:
    • Many new avenues to accumulate dilithium for our time spent in game to balance the removals
    • All current dilithium costs will be drastically reduced (although it will be a waste of time to have removed avenues for accruing dilithium and then also reducing the costs)
    • The additional Fleet Events that were promised (these same ones over and over are getting stale).
    • The additional support to the DOFF system we were promised (a.k.a. like the Cardiassian Sector missions for the Romulan Sectors).

I am almost to the point where I wish you would stop developing this game because you constantly make decisions that disenfranchise more and more of the playerbase. You basically ruin your Seasons with these last minute "development riders." The problem is that dilithium IS NOT a time based currency.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im trying to figure out the effect on all this dilithium gathering nerfs in terms of exchanging zen points.. (economics was never my strong suit)

Less dilithium around = zen value decreased?

Or is it increased?

at the moment its like 157dil:1Zen, less dilithium about means people are going to exchange their zen for less dilithium, to snap up silly fleet items and to feed fleet/reputation/embassy rubbish?

So when people buy zen, they get 'less' when there is less dilithum about? So people have to buy more ZEN with REAL money, to get more dilithium?

Please! I need a mathematician! or someone with half a brain! >.<
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Im trying to figure out the effect on all this dilithium gathering nerfs in terms of exchanging zen points.. (economics was never my strong suit)

Less dilithium around = zen value decreased?

Or is it increased?

at the moment its like 157dil:1Zen, less dilithium about means people are going to exchange their zen for less dilithium, to snap up silly fleet items and to feed fleet/reputation/embassy rubbish?

So when people buy zen, they get 'less' when there is less dilithum about? So people have to buy more ZEN with REAL money, to get more dilithium?

Please! I need a mathematician! or someone with half a brain! >.<

You are correct, it works to their benefit on both ends. But the route they are taking is the one that benefits them more and the playerbase less. Putting the strangulation on dilithium sources will mean that it will take more zen to buy the same amount of dilithium now. Basically, in the process they are artificially manipulating the market to "de-value" Zen. But this has reached a critical point with the few friends I have left. The few that still have subs will be leaving. With SWTOR going F2P this week, the development decisions are the poorest I have ever seen. I would predict a massive dropout in our population post S7 launch.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is so far from the truth that it actually made me laugh. While any business could always use more profit, it has little to nothing to do with Season 7 STF changes.

The Dilithium exchange counts for such a small part of our business that adding more to this does not have any significant change on our bottom line when compared to other promotions such as the Lifetime sale or 15% Zen Sales.

While I went into an explaination of our view on Dilithium earlier in the thread, the gist of it is that Dilithium is designed to benefit players who have time to play but don't have that much money. The amount of Dilithium needed across the game is determined by the player's desire for rewards and no one ever has to spend any money on Dilithium - period. Everyone can refine Dilithium every day.

By putting in both more ways to earn and more ways to spend Dilithium, it greatly benefits the players who have lots of time to spend in the game by making Dilithium valuable. When Dilithium has value, it allows players who spend the time to play and refine it the ability to sell it to players who would rather not spend the time to do it. Dilithium trade is a convenience transaction between players. One player is giving their Zen to another in exchange for Dilithium. No one ever needs to do this. You can level up the Fleet Holdings and Reputation Systems simply by playing the game and refining your Dilithium.

If you are spending money on Dilithium, it is because it is a convenience for you. You are trading the time you could have spent to earn it for some Zen. Cryptic benefits from this because as a Free to Play game, it allows players who don't have money - our free players - the ability to gain some Zen by trading the time they spent playing to someone who didn't want to take the time.

So all this talk of "increasing profits because we are in trouble" is absolutely not true. Profits are just fine without Dilithium because of Subscribers, Lifetimers, and players who purchase items in the Store.

If you want to see more detailed information on this, I may be giving a talk about how Dilithium helps to fight "pay to win" F2P games at GDC in 2013 by offering players the chance to trade their time to another player in order to get all the goodies in the Store.

And as mentioned above, all of this is the announcement. We still have several weeks on Tribble before this goes live and we are gathering feedback and will adjust as we feel necessary.

This is what Dastahl said here. This was for this season.

In this season I see many ways to spend dilithium, but I see fewer and fewer ways to earn it. I guess this is the adjustment Dastahl was talking about, its just not made on our feedback.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    [*]The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.

Yeah, I don't get this. I mean, I haven't run this daily in over a year, but why remove the dilithium from it?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You are correct, it works to their benefit on both ends. But the route they are taking is the one that benefits them more and the playerbase less. Putting the strangulation on dilithium sources will mean that it will take more zen to buy the same amount of dilithium now. Basically, in the process they are artificially manipulating the market to "de-value" Zen. But this has reached a critical point with the few friends I have left. The few that still have subs will be leaving. With SWTOR going F2P this week, the development decisions are the poorest I have ever seen. I would predict a massive dropout in our population post S7 launch.

Dont know whether to be happy that i got it right for once, or sad that I got it right..

Hmm the latter part of your response has perked my interest :P... who knows hehe
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wmcarson wrote: »

I hope that is trolling or you are working for cryptic.
    In the world people not troll 24/7 if you remove something from the market that something will get more and more expensive .Dilithium is needed for fleet projects and as we all (except you ) seen the price for dilithium went up (from 1 zen per 300 dilithium to 1 zen for 159 dilithium atm).remove the dilithium or lower the rewards but keep the need the price will go up.If you want to get 10 dilithium per zen is your problem.

They try to kill small fleets and to make things "better" those small fleets which already invested alot of money now will have to give up .No person or troll would pay more for less dilithium.
    Im pretty sure they are trying to make the exchange rate similar to the one in Champions online where most of the time is at @100 (sometimes 70) but since they dont add content they want to fix the rate with current missions which no one plays or by removing dilithium from old missions which were played by few and now we will be sure those few will stop too :rolleyes:

they can be sure Ill continue to log in just to chat.Ill turn the game into a 3D chat :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Dont know whether to be happy that i got it right for once, or sad that I got it right..

Hmm the latter part of your response has perked my interest :P... who knows hehe

Poor timing I think on Cryptic's part, as with SWTOR it would suck players in for at least a couple of months...so through the holidays. I am sure some will migrate back but some will stay there.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Deleted by poster. I was just repeating myself.
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    when will we see the vesta variants in ship requisitions on tribble
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is what I can do on my KDF toons:

Pi Canis Sortie Alpha
    Pi Canis Sortie Brovo
    Good luck charms
    Good day to die - space
    Ship killer - Starfleet
    Captain Killer - Klingon
    Most Dangerous Ground - space
    Turret Killer
    Claiming Enemy Emergency reserves

Plus a few other PvP

The great news is that 4 of those can be done at the same time in Ker'rat

Hopefully they leave the KDF with such a huge advantage over the Feds as far as getting dilthium - the KDF will be getting even more of the new powerfull gear even faster!:eek:
    joker8me wrote: »
    I have 4 mains, Fed- Tac/Sci/Eng and Kling- Tac. All of my 16 alts are Klings and there is an easy way to circumvent the removal of the 1440 officer reports quickie mission.

In fact, the time difference is pretty much a wash since anybody using Klingon alts at the Academy is usually doing DOFF related chores that are going to be gone with S7.

If Cryptic's intent was to slow down players/power farmers from generating dilithium quickly then this update is not going to accomplish much except create an even bigger gap between hard-core & casual players.

Why do you think there have been 1000's of players rolling KDF toons since S6 launched - it is so much easier to exploit the systems in place on the KDF side. You are right - after this more and more will be flooding the KDF with it's MASSIVE dilthium grinding advantage -

But this is BAD NEWS for the KDF as it will be filled with more players that don't care about the KDF - Cryptic will look at the raw numbers and say "Hey KDF pop has gone up 25% - but KDF purchases have gone no-where - so I guess KDF is a bust - no use spending more money there.

This Is long-term BAD news for the KDF

All around this is going to be a mess - so KDF players should be worried even if they are happy their multi -overlapping dilthium gathering methods don't get nerfed.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No Dev reply at all in this thread... how strange,I wonder why? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    All around this is going to be a mess - so KDF players should be worried even if they are happy their multi -overlapping dilthium gathering methods don't get nerfed.

But if they remove/nerf the KDF dilithium gathering, that pretty much means there is nothing to do in that faction anymore haha : |

Its the bribe/tradeoff, no content for dilithium gathering power :p