Install Arc
Options

STO Joins Raptr

Comments

• Options
    aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    robdmc wrote: »
    The only way I was able to import any time was through the steam stats.

Steam says that STO is a "non-Steam game" and therefore does not track states etc. I still am unable to get Raptr to recognize STO time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aestu wrote: »
    Steam says that STO is a "non-Steam game" and therefore does not track states etc. I still am unable to get Raptr to recognize STO time.

You need to get sto through the stream store and install it through steam for it to work.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aestu wrote: »

You first have to download the Raptr App and allow it to scan for your installed games. Once you've done that and STO is in your raptr games list, you must launch STO via raptr! If you launch the game via raptr it'll track your game time. But it will not track your characters or achievements at this time.

Good Luck! ;)

PS: You won't notice your game time until you have exited from STO and refreshed your Raptr profile.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the gumato is just for one char right? that is sad

correction is for all chars !
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Done that, it scans and doesn't find it. Added it manually, been playing a couple of hours and no time has been added. It states that "Raptr does not track PC achievements for this game"

I certainly will not bother with this as it obviously does not work with STO unless you go through STEAM (Like I'm going to do that!!!!).

Like I said... Raptr Does Not track Achievements for STO... It just tracks your game time. Nothing more for now. DStahl has said in his Raptr Q&A time today that tracking achievements is something he'd like to see added in time. But for now, it isn't happening. For now... Raptr will simply track your time spent ingame.

As for Raptr not tracking your game time...

1: Have you launched the game via Raptr? (Top-Right menu "Raptr -> Launch -> StarTrek Online")
    2: Have you exited the game and refreshed your Raptr Profile?

You do not have to have Steam in order to make this program work with STO in the way it's intended. I have Steam but my STO install is standalone and has nothing to do with my Steam install. I don't even have Steam running while STO and Raptr are running and I have no problems with Raptr tracking my game time. Steam literally has nothing to do with it.

Try again what I've suggested above. If you still have problems I suggest contacting Raptr support. But really, if you do it right you shouldn't have any problems at all! I wish you luck one way or the other anyway. ;)
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wadda-ya-know, actual game discrimination.

:mad:

Can't get rewards if I don't sign up and link to my facebook account.

...So I have to signup for facebook too ? A client program I need to install ? ...Is it going to steal all my passwords and e-mail addys from my PC ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    advertising scam after advertising scam. i'll have nothing whatsoever to do with this. whoever thought this was a good idea needs a serious talking to by management

it probably was the management who came up with this "awesome" idea. i wont spam my computer with another software thats not worth it. i spent a few hundred dollars but it looks i am not worthy. why is a 3rd party software required for something that the user db of sto could do on its own? i dont get it. we already have the 100,200,... day awards so why this now?
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Wadda-ya-know, actual game discrimination.

:mad:

Can't get rewards if I don't sign up and link to my facebook account.

...So I have to signup for facebook too ? A client program I need to install ? ...Is it going to steal all my passwords and e-mail addys from my PC ?

It's no big deal... Create a separate and bogus Facebook account if you wish and link Raptr to that. I've linked it to my main without problems of spam or what-have-you.

As for the client... It's like Steam... And is well founded. It won't steal anything. Google it and do a little history research on the app if you like. You'll learn that it's totally safe. ;)

(Geez... Raptr Devs should give me a PR job! lol)
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's no big deal... Create a separate and bogus Facebook account if you wish and link Raptr to that. I've linked it to my main without problems of spam or what-have-you.

As for the client... It's like Steam... And is well founded. It won't steal anything. Google it and do a little history research on the app if you like. You'll learn that it's totally safe. ;)

(Geez... Raptr Devs should give me a PR job! lol)

Thanks, I look but as my system is completely 'barefoot' I can't allow anything to be installed on it.

...and create a bogus facebook account ???
    :eek:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the suggestion.

From the Launch menus STO is not listed. Star Trek legacy is LOL and 24 other games but not STO.

NVM, it seems rather a silly idea anyway and the rewards are hardly worth the effort from what i've seen.

Are you using the Raptr Website or the Downloadable App?

If you're using the website, I don't think it properly adds your games if you're going the "Manual" route.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    ...and create a bogus facebook account ??? :eek:

lol... What I mean is a separate account that you'd only use for applications and promotions such as this. If it makes you feel safer that is. As I said, I use my main FB account with Raptr and have had no problems! ;)

And put some shoes on that system of yours! Such as AVG or similar which is 100% Free! ;)
  • Options
    brian1834brian1834 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jkirk13 wrote: »
    Sweet. I don't have to wait for any of it. Raptr says I"m only 19 hours away until Elite for STO.
    I done everything. I even claimed my redeem key. But it has not showed up in game yet. How long does it take to show up?
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    SO,

generally I ***** about Cryptic and PWE

but (IMO) this Raptr things is pretty cool!

For STO its okay at best for now, until they add more stuff, but its cool to see all the games I play / played and all the cool rankings I apparently am at.

Wish they had something like this when I was 14. haha

But I approve of this new .. addition? partnership? whatever it is, its interesting! and free! Now to claim my rewards!
    :eek:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    brian1834 wrote: »
    I done everything. I even claimed my redeem key. But it has not showed up in game yet. How long does it take to show up?

Exit and reboot STO and look closely through the "Items" tab in the C-Store" You'll see your rewards! (I made the same mistake earlier and totally overlooked them! lol)

EDIT: Have you redeemed your key's via here -> https://my.perfectworld.com/redeemkey/sto
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I approve.
    It's a pretty cool little promo.
    Can't use it myself as my preferred browser (Chrome) appears to have trouble linking to Facebook, but eh, I'm not that excited by the rewards anyway.
    It is still a very cool little promo though.
    Thumbs Up from me.
  • Options
    brian1834brian1834 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We've partnered with Raptr to reward our loyal players with awesome in-game rewards. To celebrate, we're holding a Q&A event throughout tomorrow. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.
    I done everything i need to do. It has not showed up in game though. How long will it take to show up.
  • Options
    cyberfoxx01cyberfoxx01 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, since I've been a happy Raptr user for quite a while now, I just hit the Raptr site, claimed my keys, inputted them on the STO site, and got the rewards in game. Now all my chars have a cute annoying monkey... thing... following them around.

No ads, no spam, no surveys to fill out, no weird videos to watch, and no money out of my pocket. Just a couple easy clicks and that was it. *Shrug* Guess I'm the black sheep that appreciates this event.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    brian1834 wrote: »
    I done everything i need to do. It has not showed up in game though. How long will it take to show up.

When you visit the ingame C-Store, and click the Items Tab, Do you see "Raptr Tier 1 Reward" and "Raptr Tier 2 Reward"? If so, you need to Claim Them.

If you don't see them you might have to exit and restart STO. Then Look Again.
  • Options
    nxnovacatnxnovacat Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is bogus, I've been playing sto since damn near launch and just because I dont use steam to launch my game I'm penalized for it because Raptr can't take my actual playtime into account. I can't claim the Gumato pet because im not "Experienced". **** move Cryptic **** move.

Here is a tip.....Allow us to link our PWE accounts with Raptr....
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    nxnovacat wrote: »
    This is bogus, I've been playing sto since damn near launch and just because I dont use steam to launch my game I'm penalized for it because it can't take my actual playtime into account. I can't claim the Gumato pet because im not "Experienced". **** move Cryptic **** move.

It's nothing to do with Steam! It's a Steam Like application called Raptr and you have until December to rank up the time and claim your rewards, if you choose to do so or not. ;)
  • Options
    janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Raptr? Nay
    For me it has no any practical use. Just one more malware which collects your information, and uses RAM.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • Options
    fogerty1fogerty1 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Do not need some POS spayware and mini website designed for tracking nor do I care to create a profile on that nose-diving mass exodus Fartbook.

What I do care about is Cryptic listening to the members and seeing their revenue from within not from the outside with 3rd party garbage.

Make more content, factions, missions, AND PUT SOME ATTENTION INTO PVP.
    Too Bad, So Sad
    PS: Sollvax, no need to add your worthless wooden nickel comments.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Don't like facebook. Not crazy about PWE. Not with-the-times enough to abhor privacy. And the last thing my computer needs is more background applications gumming up the gears. (What? Doesn't your computer have gears? Well then how does it pump the internets out of the pipes?)

So Nay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    wingcmdr1977wingcmdr1977 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    utter waste of time. not to mention the privacy issues, linking accounts to raptr. forget it. ;)
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2012
    Small update to the blog:
    Once eligible for one of the above rewards, you will receive a notification from Raptr telling you to claim the reward. Once you claim a reward, you'll receive a window with a redemption code. To redeem your code, please:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Small update to the blog:
    Once eligible for one of the above rewards, you will receive a notification from Raptr telling you to claim the reward. Once you claim a reward, you'll receive a window with a redemption code. To redeem your code, please:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

The update doesn't correct the Web address to visit to redeem the codes after they have been obtained from raptr... Currently it reads...

"1) Visit StarTrekOnline.com/Splash"

It should be...

"1) Visit https://my.perfectworld.com/redeemkey/sto"

;)
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,092 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Found it a complete waste of time. gained first reward but was not given a key number to claim. Have now taken raptr off and won't be using it again
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Such networking sites are essential utilities in todays world for advertising products and services. I don't think its a bad thing that STO and PW explores these avenues, although I would prefer to see a larger presence in the form of more conventional advertising (we had a brief stint of banner ads a while ago which have gone). Some people like to share their experiences in those forms, and it can be an inexpensive way to catch some prospective players.

Having said that, I simply don't need another game service platform on my computer, particularly one that tracks playtime. Even if I was to e-peen it up against my friends in games, I certainly wouldn't be doing it by saying I've clocked X days in such a game. I won't be using Raptr past this promotion, unless it happens to run again.

Since I was not obligated to provide Raptr with any meaningful personal information nor download any program, then I really don't feel any the worse for taking part - and if it helped bring in at least one new person into this game who feels like spending buying a costume - then all the better I say as well.