test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Joins Raptr

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2012
    Update to the OP:
    Longtime STO Community Member direphoenix has created a forum thread in the STO Discussion sub-forum that contains dStahl's question and answer session from today. Check it out here.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So does this mean the Raptr will use our existing play time retroactively? Will it already apply all the time I've already spent playing?

For me it has applied all games tracked from my xbox, ps3, steam and xfire (xfire thou is not automatic and you need to sync it up every so often) and has added all previous tracked playtime from all 4.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It didn't apply my Xbox time accurately.... I have put so many hours in Mass Effect 3.. beating it twice.. and its saying I have under an hour
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    It didn't apply my Xbox time accurately.... I have put so many hours in Mass Effect 3.. beating it twice.. and its saying I have under an hour

Raptr has had on again off again issues with the consoles. Every time they update XBL, it stops for a while. Also some play before you joined Raptr is kind of bad too.

And it doesn't do retroactive for PC games for the guy who asked. And consoles retroactive isn't accurate with time nor achievements.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    Nah Brah, We gotta rage against the idea PWE needs to make money. I mean I gave them 300 bucks 2 years ago. Isn't that enough? Now they want more from people to keep the game running?

This giving away of free stuff shows how greedy they really are.

Plus who needs new players? Its not like they generate revenue that is used for future develompment that we can all enjoy.

Sarcasm

Yeah brah, I'm todally wit ya doode. Like don't these lame lifers who put out $300 a pop for three lifetime games, spent hundreds on every ship and every costume realize that Cryptic/PW don't want them anymore! Like get lost doodes, she's with me now, she don't want you no more!

/sarcasm

No, we get it, we really do. We're not the lame ex-boyfriend hanging out on the porch hoping to get her back. We're the ones she used, we're the ones who've been wrung dry by her for 3 years and know she's a golddigger. We're just trying to let you know before she uses you up too. You're welcome.
    edited September 2012
    Raptr has had on again off again issues with the consoles. Every time they update XBL, it stops for a while. Also some play before you joined Raptr is kind of bad too.

And it doesn't do retroactive for PC games for the guy who asked. And consoles retroactive isn't accurate with time nor achievements.

It can't even find my Steam account and I have nearly 200 hours logged into Skyrim.
  • caocigarscaocigars Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Installed it, played 4 hours, redeemed them both, uninstalled it. Great promo, I love the pet monkey!

Did anyone else get the option to claim the fleet tribble again once they redeemed the code for the 2 hour reward? I now own two fleet tribbles. Also, both times I attempted to close Raptr, the game client also crashed; is this a unique issue to me, or have others expereinced that? Regardless, not a problem anymore!
    This is not an open beta, this is a soft launch given with an apology.
  • farginaut#6835 farginaut Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nothing really drawing me into wanting to do this, especially with nothing explaining what exactly this "Raptr" thing is.

I may have cared more if the pet were something like the little beastie in their logo. or maybe a purple Mk12 console rather than weapon.

Best of luck to those who use whatever it is.
    edited September 2012
    App doesn't work.. just consumes CPU (Not a lot... just not worth its use)... got my rewards.. uninstalled app...
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    genericii wrote: »

Sarcasm

Yeah brah, I'm todally wit ya doode. Like don't these lame lifers who put out $300 a pop for three lifetime games, spent hundreds on every ship and every costume realize that Cryptic/PW don't want them anymore! Like get lost doodes, she's with me now, she don't want you no more!

/sarcasm

No, we get it, we really do. We're not the lame ex-boyfriend hanging out on the porch hoping to get her back. We're the ones she used, we're the ones who've been wrung dry by her for 3 years and know she's a golddigger. We're just trying to let you know before she uses you up too. You're welcome.

Yeah, its time to step off the holodeck and into the real world and see that new customers are usually what a business wants and helps keep them alive.

Thanks for the 300 bucks a few years back, here have a free ship slot for being so cool as a Vet reward.
  • anikaifulanikaiful Member Posts: 138
    edited September 2012
    Are you supposed to connect to STO via Steam for this to work or something? As it is it's does not appear to work for me anyway.

Nope, doesn't need Steam for anything (I've got non-Steam version of STO anyway). What you have to do tho is to lauch the game thro Raptr's interface... should start counting right away.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not to bad, got me beastie, 5k dil, 2 lots of consumables and a Purple XI Polaron Turret (ACCX2 DAM) annnnd i got to press the remove button on Raptr :D
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gamerjosh: Will Raptr and STO accounts connect to each other to share accolade information?
    Dstahl: That would be cool and something we can talk to Raptr about to determine future feasibility.

so...
    Steam = very well known has almost zero support or promo
    Raptr =till yesterday never heard of it is spammed like is the new best thing (clearly is not because I already unnistalled it)
  • anikaifulanikaiful Member Posts: 138
    edited September 2012
    Nope, I and many others do not see the option to launch STO via the Raptr launch command. Every other game on the PC is there except STO, lol why am I not surprised. I added my 6 hrs manually, got my pet and will now uninstall this nonsense, but thanks for trying to help.

Ah... heh, it indeed found a lot of games, even ages old stuff like Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale 1...
    edited September 2012
    Nope, I and many others do not see the option to launch STO via the Raptr launch command. Every other game on the PC is there except STO, lol why am I not surprised. I added my 6 hrs manually, got my pet and will now uninstall this nonsense, but thanks for trying to help.

I have used Raptr for 18 months now and not one time did I use the Raptr's launch command to launch a single game. I just have the IM client running and launch games like I normally would if Raptr wasn't there. Now I don't do the Steam games thing but non-Steam does not require using that launch thing. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know I could launch a game with Raptr until this thread to show how much you don't need it.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just read the Rator QA and did anyone see the trend
    Costumes KDF
    Romulans as a third Faction
    Skants.
    Do you think Stahl was just picking the same questions constantly so he wouldn't have to answer the ones about the ongoing bugs in the game
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    Just read the Rator QA and did anyone see the trend
    Costumes KDF
    Romulans as a third Faction
    Skants.
    Do you think Stahl was just picking the same questions constantly so he wouldn't have to answer the ones about the ongoing bugs in the game

How was this different from any other "Q&A" out there? And not just Cryptic but almost all game dev Q&A's do that.

• captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I thought PWE was going to give rewards at some stage. Why would I install some third party software?

I don't have and never will have Facebook. Why would I install software on my computer that spies on me, and from what I've heard not very well?

So you think this will attract more players? Try harder keeping the one's you have.
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    StarArmy: Hi Dan. I have two questions. 1. What is Cryptic doing to move the game from a static "amusement park" experience to a more dynamic one where players can influence the setting (via territory conquest or persistent exploration, etc). When will we leave 2409 behind for 2410, etc?

this was one of the only questions i actually wanted to know the answer to in that lot and it wasnt even referenced, only the second quesiton was, what gives? it was a dam good question that i feel deserved an answer. and i dont think i was the only one who wanted to know that answer either.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok so I downloaded the client. Set up an account. Linked everything, and played STO for two hours.

Why did it not register?

Frankly I'm just a little angry with that, I followed the steps EXACTLY and got nothing out of it.

So, how do we fix it.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    got the junk. uninstalled it.
    Wow. :mad:
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kingdoxy wrote: »
    Yeah, its time to step off the holodeck and into the real world and see that new customers are usually what a business wants and helps keep them alive.

Thanks for the 300 bucks a few years back, here have a free ship slot for being so cool as a Vet reward.

She's all yours, you can have her. Oh, and it's been more than $300, I can guarantee I've contributed more to Cryptic than you probably ever will. It's too bad some of that money wasn't put back into the game.
  • trexelcat#9733 trexelcat Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    "STO players who have joined Raptr and linked their Facebook account"
    So basically, join facebook or lose out. You may want to try with XFire. Oh! That's right! You intentionally broke XFire's ability to operate within your program! Just another thing to show you are out of touch with what gamers really want. I'll continue playing(every so often, maybe once a month) but lately your promotions make me yawn and roll my eyes.
  • dbxxxdbxxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Haven't joined Steam, Failbook or Raptr.

And never will.

K, joined Failbook for a game because I needed it to launch the client.
    And Steam once cause a friend talked me into it.............and I talked myself out of it after 3 hours of TRIBBLE dealing with Steam. Rip me off on 3 games, couldn't download them, and like Cryptic, no refunds.

Failbook was worse.....
    Got security messages about 6- 7 times a day due to hackers trying to access my account.
    Got spammed by company's wanting to be my friend.
    Got non stop e-mail spam from Failbook.

It was kind of like using Peanut Labs really. They suck too.

Seems fitting that PWE sides with bad company's. :rolleyes:

Steam - Never had a single issue with, infact im still fighting to get back on my old account (Company of Heroes and TF2 still rocks)

Facebook - eMail alerts can be turned off and if your getting spammed by companies wanting to be your friend, then thats just you, ive been on FB for years and never had any friend spam or any issues with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DISCLAIMER: If any of my opinions or what I say hurt/offend you. TOUGH. Either deal with it or go cry like the whiny keyboard warrior you probably are.
  • quarknexenquarknexen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Did not know these were limited by a number of rewards, says 75 days remaining but 0 rewards left...so I just installed Raptr & FB for nothing!?! anyway to get this or is it just a waste of time...
  • quickdraw74quickdraw74 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    chalpen wrote: »
    got the junk. uninstalled it.
    Wow. :mad:

Actually I just removed the program from startup (unsure if it still tracks anything that way) . I have already reached elite status on Raptr for STO. If they are not going to offer any other (even small) rewards, then it is useless to me. I already know I play STO at an addictive level. I don't need a 3rd party program to tell me that.
  • gangamgaminggangamgaming Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I didn't know where to put this but I stumbled onto this contest for a monkey pet thing and a bundle of stuff.

usually I wouldn't share this (so I have all the chances) but it seems legit, legit enough to share. Idk GW2 might've polluted me.

original link:
    http://www.gamezone.com/products/star-trek-online--2/news/win-yourself-in-game-content-for-star-trek-online-brought-to-you-by-raptr
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=377831

Most people who did the promotion, they signed up to Raptr, did the whole facebook thang ect and then deleted Raptr after they got the rewards for it :D