test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Joins Raptr

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    NAY, not for me.

Aside from whats already posted here the game has a good launcher built-in, I don't desire another one. I won't trash Raptr either as I'm sure it has some value to someone, somewhere.

The rewards look nice also but I won't be bought, not even for free.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    tmune wrote: »
    "Players ranked "Experienced" or above will...."

Just doing some checking and all that's needed to get "Experianced" is 4 hours. Maybe explains all the "Experianced" players in the pug queues:D

It doesn't mean a thing although that was funny.

It just means how much time you actually had Raptr running while playing STO. I'm at Hardcore which is the top 20% of players and I only logged 77 hours since launch. A person on my friend list there has 760 in STO. And since I'd only need 33 hours to reach the top 10%, he must be there already. LOL

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
    edited September 2012
    eazzie wrote: »
    Found it a complete waste of time. gained first reward but was not given a key number to claim. Have now taken raptr off and won't be using it again

Did you check your rewards page on Raptr's site after you claimed?

Edit to put the correct name of the page there.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I will abstain for now. I use Raptr for Blacklight Retribution, so I will wait and see what is in store down the road for STO before I make my final decision
    edited September 2012
    The update doesn't correct the Web address to visit to redeem the codes after they have been obtained from raptr... Currently it reads...

"1) Visit StarTrekOnline.com/Splash"

It should be...

"1) Visit https://my.perfectworld.com/redeemkey/sto"

;)

It showed me the correct one when I did mine about 5 minutes ago so might be fixed now.

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2012
    The update doesn't correct the Web address to visit to redeem the codes after they have been obtained from raptr... Currently it reads...

"1) Visit StarTrekOnline.com/Splash"

It should be...

"1) Visit https://my.perfectworld.com/redeemkey/sto"

;)

Both steps work ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited September 2012
    utter waste of time. not to mention the privacy issues, linking accounts to raptr. forget it. ;)

Once I got my stuff I removed my FB information from Raptr account with a simple click of the remove account button.

• c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Both steps work ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

The link given in the blog gives the following message...
    HALT CADET

You've entered an area of the ship that no longer exists or has been warped to another dimension.

Better head back before you end up lost in the Delta Quadrant.

It might make things clearer and simpler for some people if the correct link was provided in the blog. ;)
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Useless bragging rights TRIBBLE. Nay, thanks.
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I got mines! They is cute.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
    edited September 2012
    The link given in the blog gives the following message...

It might make things clearer and simpler for some people if the correct link was provided in the blog. ;)

Something strange is going on for sure. If I copy and paste it in my URL field, it results in the 404 error. If I type it in (with all capitalization intact), it does not... :eek:

I've updated it to be a link.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Both steps work ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I think mine are there I have try again in an hour

back to pug stf's 43 to go
    and 97 to go give me 2 weeks 4 300
    edited September 2012
    You first have to download the Raptr App and allow it to scan for your installed games. Once you've done that and STO is in your raptr games list, you must launch STO via raptr! If you launch the game via raptr it'll track your game time. But it will not track your characters or achievements at this time.

Good Luck! ;)

PS: You won't notice your game time until you have exited from STO and refreshed your Raptr profile.

You don't have to launch it via Raptr. I just have the client running and double-click my icon. Once I get by the launcher and actually in the character screen, I can tab out and see Raptr knows I'm playing. And STO takes over when I actually was in GW2 but tabbed out to go into STO for two minutes to check something. I exited STO and went back to GW2 and tabbed out again and it still said I was in STO.

• starfleetfcstarfleetfc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Raptr is good for this promotion, then I can uninstall it.
  • blunted74blunted74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Nay...i hate signing up for stuff.

Raptr? More like Craptr
    edited September 2012
    Oh and when I saw the STO joins Raptr, I was thinking we'd be able to talk to people in-game again using Raptr. I miss being able to do that with Pidgin.

edited September 2012
    Something strange is going on for sure. If I copy and paste it in my URL field, it results in the 404 error. If I type it in (with all capitalization in tact), it does not... :eek:

I've updated it to be a link.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

The problem with that link is that it takes you to the registration page... (For those who do not already have a PWE account) If you click the "Click here to continue" link at the top of the form, it brings you to the STO homepage... Not where people need to be redirected to in order to input their Raptr reward keys.

The best approach to this would be to update the blog like this...

1) Log In to your PWE Account. (If you do not have an existing PWE account Click Here)
    2) Once your Free PWE account has been created, Please log in.
    3) Once logged in, Follow this link https://my.perfectworld.com/redeemkey/sto
    4) Enter the key you received from Raptr in the field and click "Submit".
    5) You can now claim your Raptr rewards through the in-game C-Store, under the "Items" tab.

Again... it would make things a little clearer and easier for new comers! ;)
  • suprcheezesuprcheeze Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I dislike Facebook, and therefore I dislike anything that requires a Facebook account.
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Got my Gumato pet, levelled a low level alt and just uninstalled raptr.

I don't need something that tracks just how much time I waste gaming and I certainly don't need something that makes some kind of weird competition out of it.

I'll happily take their stuff though. :D
    edited September 2012
    The problem with that link is that it takes you to the registration page... (For those who do not already have a PWE account) If you click the "Click here to continue" link at the top of the form, it brings you to the STO homepage... Not where people need to be redirected to in order to input their Raptr reward keys.

The best approach to this would be to update the blog like this...

1) Log In to your PWE Account. (If you do not have an existing PWE account Click Here)
    3) Once your Free PWE account has been created, Please log in.
    4) Once logged in, click the ?My Account? link at the top of the Star Trek Online homepage.
    5) Once in your ?My Account? portal, click the ?Redeem Key? link.
    6) Enter the key you received from Raptr in the field and click ?Submit?.
    7) You can claim your Raptr rewards through the in-game C-Store, under the ?Items? tab.

Again... it would make things a little clearer and easier for new comers! ;)

Well, you would use the "Already have one? Please log in." step (there is that link on the splash page), but I agree with you :) I've updated it further. Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • captainbrown2captainbrown2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Raptr seems to have problems tracking holodeck game time they need to fix that really. It tracks tribble just fine.
    edited September 2012
    Well, you would use the "Already have one? Please log in." step (there is that link on the splash page), but I agree with you :) I've updated it further. Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm glad to be of some help... However you ninja'd me while editing... lol... I've updated my post above to make things a little clearer and simpler. You might want to give it a review. ;)
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012
    I'm glad to be of some help... However you ninja'd me while editing... lol... I've updated my post above to make things a little clearer and simpler. You might want to give it a review. ;)

I'd like players to go through the "My Account" portal if they are reading the Blog so they become familiar with the other options available to them through it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited September 2012
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    I refuse to join Facebook....
    So, I guess I'm out of luck.... Fortunately, there is nothing I will miss. "Non-Combat Pet" I've deleted the ones I've been given already. How 'bout a COMBAT pet....?

If I want to see how much time I've spent playing, the chat box will show you. /played

that does per character. But it's funny. I said 77 hours Raptr has tracked for me. I go in and find out I have over 300 hours logged. So that 77 is just when I happen to have Raptr running as I said in a previous post.

edited September 2012
    I'd like players to go through the "My Account" portal if they are reading the Blog so they become familiar with the other options available to them through it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That's understandable and I respect that. However, I see quite a few confused people in this thread and feel that a simpler approach would be nice for them.

Sorry but, I used to be a Content and Community Manager on ModDb.com until real life issues bogged me down and I guess that some of this "User Friendly" stuff still grabs and gets a hold of me! lol :)
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Sorry but, I used to be a Content and Community Manager on ModDb.com until real life issues bogged me down and I guess that some of this "User Friendly" stuff still grabs and gets a hold of me! lol :)

I was a Mod for many, many years for WB/AOL, then went to an online agency who provides mods for companies. (I was put in the WB sites.... go figure...)
    The one thing I noticed is that people really don't like change. Others need things spelled out to them in detail.

Brandon is one of the best mods on the site. I have seen many of his posts, and if people go with his instructions they'll find things a lot easier. I know I have.
    edited September 2012
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    Others need things spelled out to them in detail.

Indeed! Therefore spelling things out in detail from the beginning eliminates confusion for all parties involved! It's a rule I've lived by in real life as well as Online.

And yea, I agree... Brandon does one hell of a job on here! Personally, I've never had a problem with his guidance! ;)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ...It just means how much time you actually had Raptr running while playing STO. I'm at Hardcore which is the top 20% of players and I only logged 77 hours since launch. A person on my friend list there has 760 in STO. And since I'd only need 33 hours to reach the top 10%, he must be there already. LOL
    So does this mean the Raptr will use our existing play time retroactively? Will it already apply all the time I've already spent playing?
    ...(Geez... Raptr Devs should give me a PR job! lol)
    Regardless of how I feel about this whole thing, I would like to applaud you c0nd1t10nr3d. Your level-headed/kind posts and help to others has really been cool. Cheers! >salutes<

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • eddiehawkinseddiehawkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So does this mean the Raptr will use our existing play time retroactively? Will it already apply all the time I've already spent playing?

It hasn't for me, so I doubt it.