but others in game say they have that and it not stopping them

so who the heck knows why but i can play... i hope others can too
  • Options
    hofydoghofydog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zer0of0ne wrote: »
    Partial solution is run old (function backup) launcher with command:

"Star Trek Online.exe" -dontautopatch

And sometimes try if corrected functional version released (run without -dontautopatch)

It wouldn't matter if you tried to run the launcher without automatically patching. The problem is not connecting to the server. You can do the same thing you are suggesting by going directly to the game client (program files, cryptic studios, star trek online, live, game client) and it still does not load. Whether or not you disable auto patch or not has nothing to do with not connecting to the server. Unless the executable you are suggesting is written to bypass perfect world's normal routes to another path, then I am all about it. But it doesn't sound like it does. I truly am wondering if it is more the case where Perfect World is blocking certain IP's (whether intentionally or not) and simply do not have the resources or concern to quickly deal with this. I also wonder how many peoaple having this problem are Gold members, and how many have free accounts?
  • Options
    averyddaverydd Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    3 weeks now and nothing has been done and its getting pathetic now.

This is starting to effect more and more people and its still "being investigated" cryptic stop ignoring us and pull your finger out and make an announcement!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
  • Options
    j0cularj0cular Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A week now and I am still unable to play due to this problem. I even tried it on seperate computers in different communities. I tried all of the options that should have solved it when the problem was on my end. All I can say is Argh! Give me my simple interface back :rolleyes: .
  • Options
    irrerivan1irrerivan1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i do wonder, is there any official statement from cryptic? when i searched for a solution to this problem i found threads way back from 2010, always just people haveing issues never real answers.
  • Options
    magtincagmagtincag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have some error when trying to log in.

19:48:20 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long
    19:53:40 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long
    20:05:12 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long

Did I hit the right thread?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yes right thread, sadly I've had this issue for 3 weeks today and still no light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry, we have tried everything right now until Cryptic find the fix we're screwed.

I've gone back to EVE now I should be able login at my friends on Wednesday did a traceroute at his house last night and it works there.

Cryptic if your looking at this sort your server out!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    averydd wrote: »
    Yes right thread, sadly I've had this issue for 3 weeks today and still no light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry, we have tried everything right now until Cryptic find the fix we're screwed.

I've gone back to EVE now I should be able login at my friends on Wednesday did a traceroute at his house last night and it works there.

Cryptic if your looking at this sort your server out!!!!

hearhear!!:confused:
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    bigstu13 wrote: »
    This is happening to me also, was ok on Monday but nothing now.

Dam annoying.

anyone BESIDES me in favor of boycotting cryptic and perfect world quote this message!!

this is getting really old. glad i didn't waste any money on them :P:P:rolleyes:
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    teriatziteriatzi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    so there no fix to it?:confused:

120903 08:16:18 1 [1]: Unrecognized command ""C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\dbghelp.dll"" (did you mean "-"C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\dbghelp.dll""?)
    120903 08:23:33 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long
    120903 19:00:00 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long
    120904 00:10:40 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long
    120904 00:15:11 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    After 2 replacement Virgin Media Super Hubs I'm finally back in the new one reassigned me a new IP address so I'm finally back online. Patching Very slowly though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I always get this message when i am trying to log in:"The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function". it is trying to update 2 times then nothing.
    Should i download the game again from here:http://sto.perfectworld.com/download and install it fresh and new or what would be the best way to go?
  • Options
    eeb3eeb3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    After about a month of not being able to connect to the game, I decided to call up my ISP to request a new IP#. Went through a hoop or two, but was able to get that done, and now able to get to the game.

This leads me to believe that Cryptic's Server Farm has some sort of erroneous IP block (or the router they are connected to get to the outside world at large does).

For ones who are not able to wait a long time to have their router to time out on an Address, Or there ISP has a particular DHCP set-up:

Go into your Router, look for an a setting that will let you 'clone' or 'change' the "MAC Address" of the router (This may vary from brand and model, older ones may not allow it.) Hold that page for a moment.

Now go to Start, Run..., type " cmd ", enter, a black window will appear, type ' ipconfig /all ', enter.
    A bunch of text will appear, you may have to scroll back to the top of the window. In the second 'batch' of text you SHOULD find a "Physical Address". it will be a hexadecimal address in the form of: ##-##-##-##-##-##

Type that address into the area for the 'clone MAC' address of your router.

This SHOULD give you a new IP# to work with, if your not able to get a new address by waiting around.

This will help with the issue where all websites (including perfectworld.com) work, except explicitly: StarTrekOnline.com, champions-online.com, crypticstudios.com and that the patcher can not connect to the patchserver.
  • Options
    ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    macfelly wrote: »
    Ok there are two conflicting issues in this thread I'd like to clarify

The original posters and 4 or 5 of us were getting a no connect error

Right after the last patch a bunch of people jumped in with a different error specifically this one "Patchclient in a state with no response function" this is fixed by using an updated sto exe file. This is not the original issue of this thread ours has to do with some routing issue or STO blanket banning certain IPs

You can see while you believe you are helping us we (the original posters) have a completely different error and replacing this file will not help us, in fact STO has pretty much told us to go away.

I recently had the game crash on me, and when I tried running it again the launcher came up but the screen is stuck on patching...

If this is the same problem you have I was able to solve it by loading my backup of the launcher and deleting the .patch folder in the /Star Trek Online/live directory.

You can download my current launcher that has been updated to Aug 30 from here.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    averydd wrote: »
    After 2 replacement Virgin Media Super Hubs I'm finally back in the new one reassigned me a new IP address so I'm finally back online. Patching Very slowly though.
    Averydd, make sure to add me in-game @methos71. Same goes for any other compatriots in misery who've been able to make in back into STO!
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just had the same problem this morning. Enabling patch via proxy seemed to fix it for me. I never had used that option before.

It could just be server issues. The chat server is down right now too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    From cryptis's launcher: shard mantanance on 9/6 7 to 9 am PDT. maybe it is the fix (at last). Keep those fingers crossed!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    cryptic/perfectworld deny responcibility. MAN UP PEOPLE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I had the not connecting problem on my laptop, which I took on holiday with me, at the hotel I was on it worked just fine for the first 3-4 days then stopped working.. I tried every configuration and every launcher and it has absolutely No impact on the problem. and reverted to original launchers and settings.

coming back from holiday my laptop connected just fine...

conclusion its not a launcher problem. If the launcher fixes this issue for you one of two things has happened..

1) You have a different problem

2) Some infrastructure component between your PC and cryptic has changed... without your knowledge...
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • Options
    ncc53702ncc53702 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    eeb3 wrote: »
    After about a month of not being able to connect to the game, I decided to call up my ISP to request a new IP#. Went through a hoop or two, but was able to get that done, and now able to get to the game.

This leads me to believe that Cryptic's Server Farm has some sort of erroneous IP block (or the router they are connected to get to the outside world at large does).

For ones who are not able to wait a long time to have their router to time out on an Address, Or there ISP has a particular DHCP set-up:

Go into your Router, look for an a setting that will let you 'clone' or 'change' the "MAC Address" of the router (This may vary from brand and model, older ones may not allow it.) Hold that page for a moment.

Now go to Start, Run..., type " cmd ", enter, a black window will appear, type ' ipconfig /all ', enter.
    A bunch of text will appear, you may have to scroll back to the top of the window. In the second 'batch' of text you SHOULD find a "Physical Address". it will be a hexadecimal address in the form of: ##-##-##-##-##-##

Type that address into the area for the 'clone MAC' address of your router.

This SHOULD give you a new IP# to work with, if your not able to get a new address by waiting around.

This will help with the issue where all websites (including perfectworld.com) work, except explicitly: StarTrekOnline.com, champions-online.com, crypticstudios.com and that the patcher can not connect to the patchserver.

this seems like a confirmation on my oppinion that some IP?s or whole IP ranges are being blocked on the server side...

as far as i know, you could also call your ISP and request a new IP for the MAC-adress of your router...

glad that most of you guys who had this issue for a long time now are able to log in again :D
  • Options
    darthconnor1701darthconnor1701 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wish my issue would have been resolved. Iv tried everything. About to just give it up and delete the game off my hard drive cause its taking them way to long to fix this problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just started having this issue today.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Found out the issue. Client crashed but was still running in the background. Amazingly, Raptr was tracking it the whole time. Just be aware that crashes plus raptr can cause the client to think it's still running.
  • Options
    rupdistorrupdistor Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    my problem since 7 days. found it today.
    dont know.got no plan.
    C:\Users\0000>tracert 208.95.184.0

Routenverfolgung zu 208.95.184.0 ?ber maximal 30 Abschnitte

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms fritz.box [192.168.178.1]
    2 18 ms 20 ms 22 ms 217.0.117.13
    3 8 ms 9 ms 9 ms 217.0.81.122
    4 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms 217.239.41.94
    5 11 ms 10 ms 11 ms te0-7-0-2.ccr21.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.1
    7.14.105]
    6 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms te0-4-0-2.ccr21.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.5
    .39.181]
    7 28 ms 27 ms 27 ms te0-2-0-2.ccr21.lpl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.5
    .37.86]
    8 96 ms 95 ms 95 ms te0-0-0-3.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.5
    .31.169]
    9 283 ms 210 ms 249 ms te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.4
    ]
    10 107 ms 106 ms 106 ms 38.111.40.114
    11 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    12 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    13 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    14 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    15 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    16 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    17 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    18 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    19 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    20 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    21 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    22 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    23 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    24 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    25 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    26 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    27 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    28 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    29 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    30 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.
  • Options
    ncc53702ncc53702 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    rupdistor wrote: »
    my problem since 7 days. found it today.
    dont know.got no plan.

have you tried to get a new public ip for your dsl-modem or whatever your using?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ncc53702 wrote: »
    have you tried to get a new public ip for your dsl-modem or whatever your using?

thanks.ive tried it.same problem.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

C:\Users\0000>tracert 208.95.184.0

Routenverfolgung zu 208.95.184.0 ?ber maximal 30 Abschnitte

1 1 ms 3 ms 1 ms fritz.box [192.168.178.2]
    2 9 ms 8 ms 9 ms 217.0.117.13
    3 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms 217.0.81.114
    4 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms 194.25.6.78
    5 15 ms 11 ms 10 ms te0-7-0-2.ccr21.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.11
    7.14.105]
    6 16 ms 16 ms 17 ms te0-1-0-2.ccr21.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.11
    7.0.145]
    7 28 ms 27 ms 27 ms te0-2-0-7.ccr21.lpl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54
    .37.90]
    8 96 ms 97 ms 97 ms 154.54.85.213
    9 108 ms 99 ms 100 ms te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.
    134]
    10 94 ms 94 ms 96 ms 38.111.40.114
    11 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    12 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    13 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    14 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    15 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    16 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    17 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    18 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    19 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    20 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    21 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    22 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    23 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    24 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    25 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    26 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    27 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    28 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    29 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.
    30 * * * Zeit?berschreitung der Anforderung.

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

C:\Users\0000>

today i get this mail from pw.

Thank you for the information. We are investigating this issue and working to fix it. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in the meantime.

Regards,

The Perfect World Tech Support Team

lets see what happens.
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I hate to dash your hopes but support told me to get lost 2 weeks ago, I have been able to get in intermittently since but there is still gremlins in the engine someplace. I hope your response is true and they are indeed working on a fix!
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    bannon3 wrote: »
    I hate to dash your hopes but support told me to get lost 2 weeks ago, I have been able to get in intermittently since but there is still gremlins in the engine someplace. I hope your response is true and they are indeed working on a fix!

weeping...
  • Options
    zandorzadoczandorzadoc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have noticed that a lot of you have been experiencing problems opening the launcher application. You receive errors when the launcher is attempting to update. Here is a method that I have discovered that has allowed me to resolve this problem on multiple different systems.

First locate the actual game application file. On a Windows 7 system it is located here:
    C:\User\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\GameClient ? this is the actual file

Open the file and it will open the STO client

DO NOT log into your account

Then Open the Launcher

It should then process the update on the Launcher and allow you to Play

Please post a response if this works for you too.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I have noticed that a lot of you have been experiencing problems opening the launcher application. You receive errors when the launcher is attempting to update. Here is a method that I have discovered that has allowed me to resolve this problem on multiple different systems.

First locate the actual game application file. On a Windows 7 system it is located here:
    C:\User\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\GameClient ? this is the actual file

Open the file and it will open the STO client

DO NOT log into your account

Then Open the Launcher

It should then process the update on the Launcher and allow you to Play

Please post a response if this works for you too.

at the new sto inst. is no gameclient. damn