Join www.UFPlanets.com
    5 FED Fleets | 3 KDF Fleets - T5 Colony on both factions
    Mack.png
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ncc53702 wrote: »
    wahaha! whats going on here?
    there are posts spawning like hell!

i still have the suspicion that Cryptic/PWE is kinda blocking some of the ip?s...

NCC53702, you've pretty well summed up my reaction to this thread! This place has hopped up from 34 pages to 38 pages (mostly with new folk being effected) since night before last. This problem is definitely spreading.

And I also agree that this problem is likely somehow rooted in some glitch on the Cryptic/PWE end that's somehow blocking user IP addresses and causing connection failures.

I logged in twice yesterday. Haven't tried again today, though I did check and made sure that I still have the same IP address I had yesterday. Really hoping it still works, when I give it a go in a little bit.
    averydd wrote: »
    Just had a message from Tech Support saying thank you for the info and our engineers are investigating the issue. Now thats all well and good but I see, thanks for the info but your going be out for a long time, hoping I can get a new IP on Monday when the lease tries to renew, so my router will be off from Saturday night until Monday night maybe tuesday as i'll be out so no biggy, but god help my ISP if I get the same IP address!!!!

Averydd, make sure to time your modem and router disconnect in such a way that it allows for a maximum disconnect time, after the stated time and date of IP address expiration. To confirm IP address expiration, simply go to 'CMD' and then type 'ipconfig/all' and make a note of when the IP address will expire. Then disconnect sometime before that stated time and leave it disconnected for 8 hours or longer, after that stated lease expiration time. Hopefully, that'll be enough time for someone to pick up your old IP address, thus granting you a new one.

Also, with any luck, Cryptic/PWE will have resolved this problem, for everyone effected, before you have to go through that trouble. Looking at the latest Tribble patch notes (which will likely hit Holodeck tomorrow), those notes did indicate both a fix that was causing people to crash when accessing the Tailor and "general server stability maintenance". So, here's hoping everyone effected gets magically cured of this problem by tomorrow!
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• rawskilzrawskilz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just get a Cryptic launcher auto update, then a patcher error popup..no STO for me tonight! :(
  • illusion2099illusion2099 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was off for a few days, Downloaded an update a few days ago with no issue. Lastnight I tried to log on with no luck, patcher error... I dont have a modem or router to power cycle, I only have my smartphones hospot. In which Ive had very little issue playing this game for many months in this manner... I have tried the trace route and everything seems fine as far as that goes...

I did read on another post however that if your download speed is too slow this will cause the error also... It seems that the launcher updater has a time limit for you to download the new 8+mb .exe file...

Kinda hard for me to do near end of month seeing as my net speed is capped after an amount of usage has been exceeded...

Installed thru steam...
  • ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Go to this thread. I downloaded his launcher and it worked.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=270847
    edited August 2012
    ga1en wrote: »

That was a no go for me... same issues...
  • strokeofluckstrokeofluck Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012

This used to work for me, now it doesn't. Like most others, I've been out since yesterday. I completely uninstalled and am currently DLing the newest version (Original copy was ST.17.20120318a.9). Just hope that that fixes everything.
    edited August 2012
    This used to work for me, now it doesn't. Like most others, I've been out since yesterday. I completely uninstalled and am currently DLing the newest version (Original copy was ST.17.20120318a.9). Just hope that that fixes everything.

Unfortunately I dont easily have that option, smartphone 3g... Damn this sucks!
  • ga1enga1en Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When I first ran the copy it also went to the Attempting to update box on the upper left hand corner. So I thought that it wouldn't work, but after a while instead of going to attempt 2 it opened the launcher, and now it works.

Try running the copy again and see if it actually gets to the error popup.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As of late last night, I'm with the others in here. Even going into the game directory and starting the Game Client from there just gets me to where I can log in, then it times out while attempting to connect to the account server. It sure acts like my IP address is completely blocked from talking to this game and Champions Online.

I tried unplugging and leaving unplugged for 8 hours and that didn't help.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • macfellymacfelly Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    On the plus side maybe they'll actually start looking into it now that more than the 5 of us are being effected. Of course they've already lost me as a customer, I won't be back even though I love star trek.
    Apparently not loyal enough :|
    edited August 2012
    Negative... I've tried to run the launcher close to 75+times... No connection issues in communicating with the server, Just wont work!!!! Bout to get rid of this game and go back to **** or something!
    edited August 2012
    When I first ran the copy it also went to the Attempting to update box on the upper left hand corner. So I thought that it wouldn't work, but after a while instead of going to attempt 2 it opened the launcher, and now it works.

Try running the copy again and see if it actually gets to the error popup.

I tried it a solid 50x, up until earlier today when I started the new DL. It may work at this moment or not. I'd have a huge update once I got in anyway, so I'll just go with the new one once it's done.

One note, not sure if it's anything of value or not.

When you open up the "pcl" file, it shows errors like this:

120829 03:14:58 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

That time indicator was 4 hours off. I don't know if it has anything to do with anything. The minutes are right though. Just kinda struck me as odd.
    edited August 2012
    I tried it a solid 50x, up until earlier today when I started the new DL. It may work at this moment or not. I'd have a huge update once I got in anyway, so I'll just go with the new one once it's done.

One note, not sure if it's anything of value or not.

When you open up the "pcl" file, it shows errors like this:

120829 03:14:58 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

That time indicator was 4 hours off. I don't know if it has anything to do with anything. The minutes are right though. Just kinda struck me as odd.

Same here. Mine shows 4hrs ahead of me...

120830 01:47:28 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    as I said in my previous post I would do my best to get a link up for people that were having issues with there launcher but had no way to get a .exe file from someone else.

here is the link to the post of the .EXE file on my fleets website you will need WinRar to extract the file and know where the .exe file is for most that is (Default) C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios. You can either rename the old .exe file (old - Star Trek Online) or just replace it, I tend to rename it then delete it later on.

http://storm.guildofdarkhaven.org/?p=62

I hope this helps

BlkBugHunter
    edited August 2012
    as I said in my previous post I would do my best to get a link up for people that were having issues with there launcher but had no way to get a .exe file from someone else.

here is the link to the post of the .EXE file on my fleets website you will need WinRar to extract the file and know where the .exe file is for most that is (Default) C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios. You can either rename the old .exe file (old - Star Trek Online) or just replace it, I tend to rename it then delete it later on.

http://storm.guildofdarkhaven.org/?p=62

I hope this helps

BlkBugHunter

Will give it a try, thx in advance even if it dont work..

UPDATE: Still same results.
    120830 02:57:50 1 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function. - No response for some command in autoupdate state
    120830 02:57:50 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function.
    edited August 2012
    Hey Cryptic guys,

Over 8k views now and climbing rapidly. At least stop by and acknowledge the issue. It chaps my TRIBBLE that only users are tossing out ideas and giving updates on their progress. Should be the other way around. It's pretty ghetto that the standard for STO is to bum working launcher files in hopes that something gives. Obviously there's been issues with the launcher off and on for a long time. Fix it, or fire the guys that made it and get new people working it. If this is a "higher up" problem, where they've given you TRIBBLE to work with and are expected to make it work, feel free to print this off and stick it under someones door, or elsewhere.
    edited August 2012
    Will give it a try, thx in advance even if it dont work..

UPDATE: Still same results.
    120830 02:57:50 1 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function. - No response for some command in autoupdate state
    120830 02:57:50 3 [1] ESC : Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function.

hmm not sure why it didn't help it worked for me as I had the same issue that's been posted on here. The only thing I can think of is that if your running Win7 you had windows copy the file instead of replace it. any ways sorry it didn't work for you maybe it will for others.
    edited August 2012
    hmm not sure why it didn't help it worked for me as I had the same issue that's been posted on here. The only thing I can think of is that if your running Win7 you had windows copy the file instead of replace it. any ways sorry it didn't work for you maybe it will for others.

I renamed the original then extracted into the folder.
  • wrexxstuffwrexxstuff Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah I too have had this problem since yesterday. I downloaded two separate EXEs and neither have alleviated the issue. I share in a previous posters frustrations in regards to the comment about Cryptic not having a single thing to say about this issue. 400 posts on this issue should be enough to warrant a sticky.

Thankfully its free to play but it just goes to reinforce the idea that F2P games are trash and not to be given the time of day.. Thanks for nothing Cryptic.

I demand 6 million zen points for this inconvenience...but realistically.. please look into this before your whole base decides to TRIBBLE off...

I mean EVE would love to have me back I'm sure.
    edited August 2012
    wrexxstuff wrote: »
    Yeah I too have had this problem since yesterday. I downloaded two separate EXEs and neither have alleviated the issue. I share in a previous posters frustrations in regards to the comment about Cryptic not having a single thing to say about this issue. 400 posts on this issue should be enough to warrant a sticky.

Thankfully its free to play but it just goes to reinforce the idea that F2P games are trash and not to be given the time of day.. Thanks for nothing Cryptic.

I demand 6 million zen points for this inconvenience...but realistically.. please look into this before your whole base decides to TRIBBLE off...

I mean EVE would love to have me back I'm sure.

I would love to go back to eve, however my poor mans budget wont allow it... lol
  • wrexxstuffwrexxstuff Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah well CCP is taking care of their own. Cryptic cant say the same at this point. I understand that issues pop up and everything and the tech team has to deal with brutal critisms from their fan base but at this point not even a reply has been issued. Thats pathetic.

This is a company that rakes in tons of money from people who need not pay but do in good faith. I am one of them. I dropped 30 bucks the other night just for Master Keys alone. I expect to be able to use those after i paid for them...

That being said I wont hold my breath. If this issue was important to Cryptic they would've attempted to calm everyone down and reassure us..so far nothing.

I don't wanna go off and play something else but honestly what choice does one have when tech support doesn't give a rats TRIBBLE? I wouldn't vote, or work for someone who didnt look out for me. Why should I play a game from the same type?
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well just as quickly as I was back in I am out again. Closed the game to do some other things and sure enough when I clicked the icon I got the familiar little box telling me it can't connect to patch server. I think I have just about had it with this stupid game, I have waited 3 months for some kind of resolution and now with all the recent activity there still seems to be a failure to communicate on PWE supports end. Maybe I will check back in a year but If this is the standard for helping people I don't think there will be a game, half of the base can't log in anymore and the rest are just freepers, thanks PWE for absorbing Cryptic and turning this game into a friggin train wreck. Good riddance!
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
    edited August 2012
    Against my better reasoning, I removed the game and am now attempting to reinstall it. If I still get no results from this I'm giving up, and removing all traces of this game and company from my PC and try again in a year... I've NEVER had this much issue with a game before!
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    game re-installs do not work , alas.
    changing the launcher exe star trek online.exe, does not work
    fiddling with various browser settings does not work
    we did get a response from branflakes earlier, but nothing recent
    we have a server reboot today maybe that will work?

amendment: I just checked an email and I had an initial diagnostic response in a very quick time scale
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
    edited August 2012

amendment: I just checked an email and I had an initial diagnostic response in a very quick time scale

re-installs and swapping out .exe do work I have done both on at two different occasions when this has happen the .exe this past time worked for me as mine had a date of May 11th, 2012 and the latest one I put on was August 27th, 2012. So the fact is that the launcher was updated recently with the .exe but it seems that not everyone is getting that update when the launcher tries, also once before I just waited for the next patch and that seemed to work as well, but who knows the only person that seems to respond to anything lately is Branflakes and that is pathetic since he really isn't apart of the STO team he is just a meesage man between cryptic and PWE.
  • miloguymiloguy Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i have just started getting this problem , log in and game launcher crashes
    multiple times, I haven't changed a thing!!!
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2012

re-installs and swapping out .exe do work I have done both on at two different occasions when this has happen the .exe this past time worked for me as mine had a date of May 11th, 2012 and the latest one I put on was August 27th, 2012. So the fact is that the launcher was updated recently with the .exe but it seems that not everyone is getting that update when the launcher tries, also once before I just waited for the next patch and that seemed to work as well, but who knows the only person that seems to respond to anything lately is Branflakes and that is pathetic since he really isn't apart of the STO team he is just a meesage man between cryptic and PWE.

It does not work for me; nor many others on this thread, I have tried multiple sources for the launcher and I have yet to find one that works... if you have one that is working please post it i'll test it and we can see if it fixes the problem...

the last one I have tried was : http://storm.guildofdarkhaven.org/?p=62

which is a different date and size/checksum etc... from mine it exhibits exactly the same problems
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,292 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Accounts Server list this when i try to log in for support
    Sorry, unrecognized username or password
    The Account is listed as 720 days Sub'd and has experienced the second Inactive this month though the Credit cards been charged.. .I have not received a STipend for TWO months..

obviously the integration from ATARI/cryptic to PWE /cryptic has not been perfect..
    but i can still log in without a reinstall. To Champions on -line and STO when they are not being patched.

Hoping the new Nightwing patch on Champions doesn't crash us like the LAst STO patch did
    I have the latest BIOS drivers for chipset.. a PC that meets or exceeds listed requirments.
    My vid card NVIDIA has its latest update.. its simply less fun trying to team with friends if a 5 year old game engine cant handel a basic DX 9.0c MS DX supported card.
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo