test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Fleet Ships and Fleet Ship Modules

Comments

• dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have no problem with this. if you own a T5 you can pay a little bit more and some grind and get an upgrade, which is optional.

or if you have not bought a t5 or one does not exist then you pay the full amount and grind, which is fair considering the number of c-store ships bought at full price.

plus you can use the exchange if you wish.

not what i was expecting but i think its a good compromise and i like it.

But what about people who bought low tier refits, and still need to pay 2000 zen for their retrofits ? :rolleyes:
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited July 2012
    I'm not in a fleet so I'm not clear how building starbases work. Won't it be a couple of months before anybody has a starbase built enough to get the new fleet ships? The only one (so far) that looks interesting to me is the Defiant.
    I've been grinding for a month to get the Dil for the Armitage (got another week to go). I don't think I would mind helping build a starbase while I grinded the dil to get the module(s) I need.

But, given the posts I read, I can understand the rage in this thread. I was under the impression that the fleet ships would be at least as good as the C-Store ships, but there would be another mechanism to get them. IE you could have a cool VA ship without spending money. I also have very low expectations of PWE. So, I'm a little disappointed, but not surprised.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So paying essentially full price for a ship AND grinding for months is a "good compromise"?:rolleyes: Watch out Branflakes. I think Revo wants your job.

yes. If you want the best defiant in the game as an example but have not bought a c-store defiant then i would expect that player to have to pay to get it just like someone who bought it outright in the store. they are not going to hand it out for free.

considering its better than the c-store version i would expect them to have to 'pay' more. now that extra cost is in grind over cash.

if a player has bought the c-store ships than you pay a little bit extra by only needing one module and you are therefore paying for an upgrade.

if a player does want to grind or pay or what ever then dont. no one will care. these ships are optional and not required to play the game.
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    But what about people who bought low tier refits, and still need to pay 2000 zen for their retrofits ? :rolleyes:

so? someone bought a tier 2 ship. what of it? what does that have to do with endgame, just because they look the same?
    edited July 2012
    Well shouldn't they get at least 1 token of the price ?
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    its a shame that the kar'fi is not aviable id grind for that ship. its the only thing missing that would make it so sweet.

tho i do think the modual thingys look abit pricy.

kdf starbases are so sexy

loving season 6 :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • perfectself82perfectself82 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Up to this point I have never had an issue with the cash shop ships or anything else in the cash shop. Even lockboxes and keys didn't bother me.

But this is unacceptable. This is criminal. I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game since launch, I will not spend another penny if this is how things are going to be moving forward.

If we own the ship(any ship) from the C-Store, we should not be paying another $20 for the fleet version. 1 or 2 tokens at $5 each is acceptable, but 4 is just disrespectful.

T4 and T5 ships should be 1 token while t3 and t2 ships are 2 tokens. Not 4, never 4 for a ship you already paid for.

Everything else about Season 6 is pretty awesome though :)
  • manzorianmanzorian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nailed it right on the head there. I was so looking forward to getting a fleet upgrade for my Excelsior, but forget it now. In fact, I am giving up dropping any further money in this game. I understand PWE needs money to keep the game running, but must they suck us dry to do it?

PWE are money vampires :mad:

Sadly, there is NO fleet upgrade for our Excelsior that I can see. But, they can give us the dog ugly Cheyenne class in two forms... priceless
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Time > Dilithium > Zen > Ship

1440 + 480 X Total # of Characters = Easy 5 min per Char Farming
    (Investigate + Academy Daily)

Nothing Cost Cash, unless you're impatient and have to have it now. Me I can wait a few days, best Zen Store Buy until you're able to farm near 50k easy a day is Character Slots anyways... but then we get back to the Time Factor....

For Me, my 24 pull me 46,080 Dilithium a Day before I play. Granted it takes a hour or two to log and do those two Dailies 24 times.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
    edited July 2012
    How many players have time to just mindless grind 2H per day, before they even actually play and enjoy the game :rolleyes:
    edited July 2012
    Well shouldn't they get at least 1 token of the price ?

well if they want to do that then fine i wont personally object to it but i dont think they need to.

you buy a tier 2 or 3 ship for a very short period of time, for a smaller amount of money. you have not bought it to use at endgame.
  • jayfresh11jayfresh11 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I thought buying the module was enough, but I have to gain a certain amount of fleet credits and my fleet has to be a certain tier to purchase whatever fleet ship I want? This seems like its going to take a while before I can get a fleet ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012

If we own the ship(any ship) from the C-Store, we should not be paying another $20 for the fleet version. 1 or 2 tokens at $5 each is acceptable, but 4 is just disrespectful.

thats pretty much how it is. if you own that certain ship in the c-store already you pay 1 token as an upgrade.

4 is if you dont own the ship already.
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Am I understanding this right - fleet ships can't be used in the rest of the game - like STF and in Ker'rat and other places just like regular ships?

This better not be the case or why would anyone pay all that money for something they can't really use??
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm probably missing something, but what are the Fleet Ship Modules used for? Are these going for the ships that we haven't purchased the C-store version for also, such as the ones that we can get for free for ranking up from Lt. to Admiral?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Don't forget that the Fleet Ship Modules are tradable so you may be able to find one on the exchange. And as always, you can sell Dilithium on the Dilithium Exchange for ZEN.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This is just my opinion but there is only one true way I could see the fleet ships and the c-store ships holding their own weight as both being valuable. The first thing is when you buy a c-store ship for example like the garumba on KDF side. That in the D-Store that if you say own a garumba for example that you could put that console on one of the nausicaan retrofit/fleet ships and for example same with other ships that have a unique ability to be able to keep that javelin you bought and combine it with a ship that may seem less or slightly better to make them both have some tangible value or motivation to get both. Also though being both have their purposes but instilling the business aspect of buying zen or dilithium you get profit from the top and bottom end (I woulda figured after seeing the spiral waves hit the D-Store that someone would have already implemented it before ssn 6 went live).
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How many players have time to just mindless grind 2H per day, before they even actually play and enjoy the game :rolleyes:
    People who have not spent a penny on STO since about season 4 but now own every ship in the Store and every Costume I or my Wife would like.

People with way too much Time on their hands.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
    edited July 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    Am I understanding this right - fleet ships can't be used in the rest of the game - like STF and in Ker'rat and other places just like regular ships?

This better not be the case or why would anyone pay all that money for something they can't really use??

i dont know why you thought that? you can use fleet ships anywhere.
    edited July 2012
    krell83sto wrote: »

Nothing Cost Cash, unless you're impatient and have to have it now. Me I can wait a few days, best Zen Store Buy until you're able to farm near 50k easy a day is Character Slots anyways... but then we get back to the Time Factor....

For Me, my 24 pull me 46,080 Dilithium a Day before I play. Granted it takes a hour or two to log and do those two Dailies 24 times.
    I agree with you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    But basically it will be like 5+ months before anyone will get these new T5 fleet ships?
    edited July 2012
    But basically it will be like 5+ months before anyone will get these new T5 fleet ships?

I bet some huge alliances it will be faster.
  • sito1jastsito1jast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    so...

we;re playing to unlock a Tier 5 Z-store?
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jayfresh11 wrote: »
    I thought buying the module was enough, but I have to gain a certain amount of fleet credits and my fleet has to be a certain tier to purchase whatever fleet ship I want? This seems like its going to take a while before I can get a fleet ship.

So the good news is it gives you enough time to grind for the requirements. The bad news is you still won't be able to afford it when your fleet reaches the appropriate tier.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I bet some huge alliances it will be faster.

Unlikely due to the time gating on this, each project takes 24 hours to complete once started anyway :)
    edited July 2012

Yeah, I thought buying the modules would be it, but I guess we need fleet credits and our fleet ship yard has to be a certain tier. I don't mind taking the time to earn fleet credits, but I wish they gave each individual fleet member more opportunities to gain them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2012

You work 1-2 hours daily for what ? So you get a virtual currency ? And how ? By an exploit (I am sure you will argue it's not really an exploit, still I doubt it is an intended game feature, if I was PWE I'd just nuke it - but perhaps they are smaretr and this is still part of some devious scheme of subduing some people into virtual slavery). Investigate Officer Daily you could not do on 24 characters if there wasn't that insta-autocomplete mission chain we all know of. This cannot be a norm by any way. Thus your peculiar case and argument does not apply.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Wrong, it DOES cost cash. Someone has to buy the zen that they sell you for dilithium. Just because it isn't YOUR cash, doesn't mean Cryptic/PW isn't charging cash for things they've already SOLD to the player for cash.

Season sux... er six is just the wake up call some people needed. It took a hammer between the eyes to show people just where this Cryptic/PW marriage has taken STO.
  • sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sparhawk wrote: »
    Thanks for the information. This was the last piece of information I needed to decide if I wanted to bother forming an fleet for myself. The answer is no, as I suspected those fleet ships have an high Zen price. Now to wait for season 7 before any real content may show up that catches my interest.

If I am right, there has never been said that they will cost MUCH less, only that they will cost less. Only wishful thinking on our part might have added that MUCH.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • article001article001 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Four? Four!!!
  • robingbrownrobingbrown Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Please stop adding that jaunty little 'cheers' to your posts because I'm translating it as 'TRIBBLE you'.

Although with the amount of money you'll be raking in with this new season I'm sure that the drinks will be on us the players, so maybe cheers is the right word to use.
    I used to have an Orion slave girl, then PWE 'perfected' her, now all I have is this lousy signature
  • thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to the world of F2P:
    Rule 1: Someone has to pay
    Rule 2: Someone has to pay

I'm still fine with it. And when you look how many people are really dumb throwing hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds out for nothing, I don't see why not.

Is it a great move? Definitely not. Is it understandable? Yepp.
    No one has to agree with it, but moaning won't change anything.
    STO has to make profit, or it will shut down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]