test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Fleet Ships and Fleet Ship Modules

Comments

• brokenmirror2012brokenmirror2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The only way they should be per char is if there is an ingame way to get them. I wouldnt mind trading in 100 EDCs for a fleet ship token... or maybe 10 proto salvages.

And as an idea. Have Lifetime accounts get account wide versions of BOUND versions of these items. We have a gold member for life. We should be able to Get tribbles of borg for all our chars, and fleet ship schematics. It will also give a boost to Lifetime sub buying. More rewards=more buying. And u wont really lose money because to get their moneys worth for the Account wide unlocks they need to buy more char slots. Realsiticly This willmake u gain alot of money, and it will be good for Gold members.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Unlikely given the regular retrofit isn't a C-Store ship.
    Given that the price of the Science Vessel Refit is 750 Zen, they should at least give us a 25% discount (though 50% would be nicer, 500 Zen is 25% of the 2000 of Tier 5 ships). less cost, therefore less discount, but we should still get a discount for having already paid real money).

Given that I bought some lower tier c-store ships, and won't receive a discount, I feel betrayed by Cryptic.

I still think the price is wrong. Fleet ships were supposed to be cheaper since they are single character unlocks. Cryptic has failed to hold up their end of the bargain. What Gives? the ships on the C-Store with that price are account wide unlocks, and not letting us use a character based token to discount a character unlock is a betrayal to your long term players.

I think Fleet modules shouldn't be more than 100-200 Zen (thats $1-2 each, so $4-8 for a fleet ship without the discount)
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Unlikely given the regular retrofit isn't a C-Store ship.
    Given that the price of the Science Vessel Refit is 750 Zen, they should at least give us a 25% discount (though 50% would be nicer, 500 Zen is 25% of the 2000 of Tier 5 ships). less cost, therefore less discount, but we should still get a discount for having already paid real money).

I still think the price is wrong. Fleet ships were supposed to be cheaper since they are single character unlocks. Cryptic has failed to hold up their end of the bargain.

I think Fleet modules shouldn't be more than 100-200 Zen (thats $1-2 each, so $4-8 for a fleet ship without the discount)

Failed to hold up their end of the bargain... AGAIN. To be more precise.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012
    YAY pvp'rs arnt the only ones complaining anymore.
    edited July 2012
    YAY pvp'rs arnt the only ones complaining anymore.

Let's see here...

PVP'ers complain... PVE'ers complain. Doesn't that accomodate about 99.9% of their entire player base? I guess Cryptic will be happy having a 0.1% player base from now on.

This time next year, STO will be "Star Trek Offline", if it continues it's current trend. Wait and see.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You would have to be a complete fool to buy the Nebula and Galaxy if already owned they offer nothing or very little on whats already in the zen store. But yes i see where your coming from. We potential grind and give up resources to the fleet SB missions which could take weeks/months, get in the position where we unlock fleet ships and then comes the slap across the face, by the way you need to purchase 2000 zen to unlock them.

I'm happy at the moment with my Armitage, Galaxy-x and Prometheus
  • dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    davideight wrote: »
    its just robbery, i can only hope at least 30% of the playerbase is now running away, buying a new game for 50dollars instead of paying 20dollars for just a ship in a no-content-environment of empty space ...

See my signature. I haven't even so much as patched STO in ~3 months.
    [SIGPIC]Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes? Read my posts below.[/SIGPIC]
    Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
    Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
    Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
    Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You can grind Dilithium, and then buy Zen (Dilithium exchange). It may take you a couple of months, but you can do it. The fleet stuff is supposed to take you a couple of months or longer; that was the purpose of the design, to be a grind.
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    chk231 wrote: »
    You can grind Dilithium, and then buy Zen (Dilithium exchange). It may take you a couple of months, but you can do it. The fleet stuff is supposed to take you a couple of months or longer; that was the purpose of the design, to be a grind.

Honestly, f**k grinding. I just want to have fun. Whatever dilithium I get will go towards the starbase from now on. I will not exchange it for Zuul points. I will not give in to a system that TRIBBLE a player who has already spent a fair bit of money on this game.

Will we need to buy tokens for forum access in the near future?

All Hail Zuul.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • zekesulastinzekesulastin Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Are you dense or do you think being an apologist for idiocy will get you somewhere?

If you somehow think the fleet grind plus another $20 for a single-character ship is somehow justifiable, please stay away from the boards of any companies I'd like to do business with in the future; thanks!
    ----
    Matthew/Shiduri@zekesulastin
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2012

That's not the point.

The point is these cost just as much as ships that unlock account wide when we were promised they would be cheaper due to being character unlocks and us already having to grind to get them.

Beyond that we also don't get a discount for ship we got that weren't tier 5 whether we used money or ground.
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012
    You would have to be a complete fool to buy the Nebula and Galaxy if already owned they offer nothing or very little on whats already in the zen store. But yes i see where your coming from. We potential grind and give up resources to the fleet SB missions which could take weeks/months, get in the position where we unlock fleet ships and then comes the slap across the face, by the way you need to purchase 2000 zen to unlock them.

I'm happy at the moment with my Armitage, Galaxy-x and Prometheus

what about the ships that are better because theyre being bumped up from a lower teir? we still payed money (the rhode island comes to mind) and then we have to pay another 20$ on top of that.

and dont even get me started on the pvp aspect.... :P
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cse7en wrote: »
    Thats some bull****, you guys that strapped for cash? Trying to resell us all the ships we already have with better stats? I would have expected fleets to be able to build those ship modules at a slow pace so the fleet leadership could allocate them to deserving players but, your great idea is to just continue to ream us by making us buy more TRIBBLE, that's pretty weak you expect us to spend 2k zen on ships with no special consoles? Am I the only one that thinks they are trying to raise the $ price on ships, introducing this to set the expectation that these same ships they had to do almost nothing to reintroduce just VA level with slightly better stats for $20. Can I at least get a reach around?
    After looking at the stats, prices, and requirements, I pretty much decided to rethink my playing habits. I spent $55 on two tier 5 ships and a reskin, so I would have the best in game. Now they are junk within a week of purchase. Out of all the ones in the fleet stores, the counterparts to the ones I bought are the cheapest. Unfortunately they are also tier five fleet ships; thus, I will not be able to get them for six to seven months. That is just too far away for me to even think. After spending $120+ dollars within a three months period, I think this new addition to "Star Trek: Online" has broken me. Unless they make these ships available for casual players, I don't think I will be around for that much longer.

I have a lot to think about. I have a lot of rethinking to do.

My morale is completely broken at this point.

--- Edit ---

I got 29 fleet marks. In order for me to get anything cheap enough, the counterparts to the ones I bought, I would have to get 20,000 fleet merits (grinding for resources), build a station up to tier five (grinding for resources), and pray to god I can find a decent fleet to run with. As someone who is a casual player, I find that to be an impossible and mundane task.

I am a completely and utterly broken paying Free to Play player.
  • ozewaozewa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, if they keep selling them at those prices and don't see a drop in user concurrency (and monetization) then they won't have a reason to change tack with this current business strategy.

Personally, I thought these new ships were supposed to be the new endgame to work towards and seeing how this has shaken down makes me want to stop playing entirely.
    President of the Amnian Illithid Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Please spread the word that the term "Mind Flayer" is a derogatory term to our kind.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't mind having to grind. I don't mind that building up your starbase takes a while. I don't even mind that there is a c-store component to the prices all that much.

What I do mind is that all this time and effort makes no real difference.

At these prices, they may as well have just stuck the ships straight in the c-store and saved us all some bother. :mad:
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The ships themselves really aren't even that great. On the Fed side, there's still a total lack of versatility (thanks for being so generous with the universals on extremely rare endgame ships, guys) and none of them (bar maybe some of the Com./Lt. Com. Science refits) outclass the already-available lockbox ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    capnmanx wrote: »
    At these prices, they may as well have just stuck the ships straight in the c-store and saved us all some bother. :mad:

I wouldn't be surprised if they do end up in the Z-Store; especially if the fleet system doesn't make the kind of money they thought they would get out of it.
    edited July 2012
    And on top of everything else, these ships will have to be ground for, for months to unlock. Given Cryptics track record, and releasing "the next big thing" in terms of ships. First it was the +1's that went to C-Store, then it was the lockbox ships, now it's the fleet +1's. What's next after that?

Seriously, enough is enough. If there's one thing I know from Star Trek, is that it's Captains tend to form a close personal relationship with their ship. Remaining in command for many years of the same ship. Cryptic wants us all to buy new ships every few weeks.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I personally saw this coming they burnt their c-store customers and now the f2p customers who don't want or can't afford to spent anything. I understand they are a business and are trying to make money but really burning customers like this is pretty much corporate suicide.

After the announcement of the fleet ships and the fact that all c-store ships are now just a lousy console I made the decision that I will no longer be buying ships in this game, nor will I buy anymore c-points/Zen, nor will I grind for the fleet ships, 10,000 and even 200,000 dilithium for one assignment/special project, seriously where can a small fleet afford that. Most people come on to have fun, not spend hours grinding up to a get a ship.

Seriously Cryptic, treat your customers with more respect. At least make the fleet ships available to the Gold Members who have the ships already as an incentive for f2p players to buy a lifetime or gold membership. Try and make money the honourable way rather than continuing to rip off your customers.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So I guess the question now is, why even bother with fleet stuff (and/or fleet grinding), instead of just buying them outright from the Z-store?
  • katala77katala77 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seriously Cryptic, treat your customers with more respect. At least make the fleet ships available to the Gold Members who have the ships already as an incentive for f2p players to buy a lifetime or gold membership. Try and make money the honourable way rather than continuing to rip off your customers.

Yep, I'm so disappointed with this I've had enough and heading back to WoW instead of STO, at least I know I get value for my money there!
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They need to make them purchasable to all paying customers. Since I have already spent $120+ dollars as a Free to Play player, I wouldn't even consider paying another dime towards a subscription. I filled my zen up a few days ago, so that I can buy at least one of these ships. I guess I was wrong. I feel like such an idiot.

It would have been my third tier five ship, which I would have bought with my credit card.

*shrugs*

I guess they don't need my money that bad, and I don't have the luxury to spend more time grinding.
  • proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if you wanted to go the zen store route for fleet store ships then they should cost no more then 200 zen a ship plus the fleet credits why because these ships are only marginally better than some tier 5 ships and they have no special consoles with them 2000 zen points worth of ship modules to get the fleet patrol ecscort the only differece between that in the dervish extra console slot and a slight hull buff and the malestrom skin equals a big fat fail come on for 2000 zen you are getting a ship you can buy with dilithium and a 180 zen point ship costume. is perfect world that greedy and here i was thinking about buying torchluight 2
    edited July 2012
    Unfortunately, this new business practice is being adopted by many other gaming companies; free to play with a virtual store. It's probably saving them money, and making them money. Some games do it better than others. It looks like Blizzard is doing it slowly, with their incoming Starcraft 2 Arcade Map store, and the RMAH (real money auction house) for Diablo 3 which is I suppose in the same realm of a virtual store, spending real money for virtual items; and also WoW with their in game mounts. The only game that looks promising is Planetside 2, since the developers there have promised that there will be no overpowered game breaking items. This is what gaming is turning into, free to play with a virtual store. Team Fortress 2 has done it, and EA is well on it's way. I suppose it's nice not to have to pay a monthly fee, but it all depends on how the game is done and what is put in the virtual store.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Unfortunately, this new business practice is being adopted by many other gaming companies; free to play with a virtual store. It's probably saving them money, and making them money. Some games do it better than others. It looks like Blizzard is doing it slowly, with their incoming Starcraft 2 Arcade Map store, and the RMAH (real money auction house) for Diablo 3 which is I suppose in the same realm of a virtual store, spending real money for virtual items; and also WoW with their in game mounts. The only game that looks promising is Planetside 2, since the developers there have promised that there will be no overpowered game breaking items. This is what gaming is turning into, free to play with a virtual store. Team Fortress 2 has done it, and EA is well on it's way. I suppose it's nice not to have to pay a monthly fee, but it all depends on how the game is done and what is put in the virtual store.

Our game staff made similar statements two years ago. Things do change, and things will change for Planetside 2, just as they have changed for Blizzard games, Bioware games, Turbine games, NCsoft games and Trion games if the market supports such change...
    edited July 2012
    If there is absolutely no way to get a Fleet module other than buying it from the Zen Store, then that needs to be addressed, because it's unfair to the STO playerbase. Buying it from the exchange is a work around, but I think players should be able to grind for a Fleet module without having to visit the Zen store...which leads me to the dilithium exchange, but that's still buying it from the Zen store.

I do agree that Fleet Module prices should be lowered, but do the developers have the power to make that change is the question. It may be a decision that's above them, and obviously one driven by making a profit for PWE/STO.
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dunnlang wrote: »
    See my signature. I haven't even so much as patched STO in ~3 months.

I have been losing my enthusiasm for this game and as of December, have been content to play it without spending any money.

When Cryptic introduced the c-store only VA ships, they made sure that they were still balanced with the RA ships. I own every single one of the endgame federation ships that existed as of the F2P launch. Some of these endgame ships cost $25 now and when you buy an endgame ship and are told a few weeks later that you have to pay another $5 for each of your characters to upgrade it to a better ship (which presumably is not even reclaimable and will thus may require the further purchase of a ship slot) I feel like Cryptic is saying, "we really do not value the money you give us."

Cryptic needs to understand that they are not selling the latest and greatest model of a vacuum cleaner or home banking app. The fleet Galaxy-R is only better than the c-store Galaxy-R because it exists within the artificial universe that Cryptic programmers have engineered. It does not have any new visuals, it does not prepare your taxes better, and it certainly does not vacuum better.

Cryptic used to make money by creating something new: a brand new ship or a new uniform. Now they make money by devaluing the old ships that we spent good money on.

It really makes me feel that Cryptic does not value me as a customer, not a feeling that makes me inclined to spend my money.
  • soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you are looking to purchase a Fleet Ship that has a T5 C-Store version and you already own the T5 C-Store version, you only need to purchase 1 Fleet Ship Module (FSM) instead of 4. If you've purchased a non-T5 ship from the C-Store that has a Fleet Ship version, you will still need to purchase 4 FSMs.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This is just absolutely digusting. I thought the c-store was about convience and offering things OUTSIDE OF THE normal game content. Now we have to do a bunch of content THEN pay money? This is absolutely unacceptable.
  • soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Don't forget that the Fleet Ship Modules are tradable so you may be able to find one on the exchange. And as always, you can sell Dilithium on the Dilithium Exchange for ZEN.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I hate to sound like a jerk, but Brandon do you actually /play/ the game? I know you logon occasionally but do you actually /play/? Those modules will be well above 100million plus EACH - guranteed. I don't know about you but 100mil EC isn't exactly a couple days worth of grinding. Dilithium on the exchange? Assuming you even hit the cap of dili per day; your talking 2+ MONTHS of constant daily grinding - the math just doesn't work out.
  • alarickell1alarickell1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, I recall Year of Fail from last year, and this could be the start of another Year of Fail for STO.

Season 7 is said to have all the content, but that won't come for months...Too little, too late.

I think the only hope for STO players now, is the Foundry. At least Foundry got a huge update with S6, the only feature that matters TBH...

With Foundry, you can create your own content, something Cryptic seems unable or unwilling to do...They promised that foundry missions would give rewards at some point, I just hope this comes before S7...

Without Foundry, I think STO would have long-since died...People get tired of the same old missions, and Foundry is a good way to overcome that problem, as there is no limit to imagination, and a lot of foundry missions are pretty fun...Some are totally sub-par, but that is to be expected, not everyone wants to genuinely contribute.

With total ape-**** like lockboxes and now this twisted-wicked-sick fleet starship system (for want of better terms to describe it ;)), the foundry becomes very important to the future of STO.

We can create better content than Cryptic can, I've seen a lot of examples, and the proof is there...What we need, is some series of missions that are connected to each other, like how most of Season 3 of Enterprise was connected to the same storyline...

Single missions are good, but series of missions would be better...;)

Thanks for your time,
    Kell out.