test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 6 live - timeout connecting to login server

Comments

• joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    488 was the lowest I got. Which as a lifer confused me.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've been in and out four times now...

Last time I actually got to do a Defend Starbase Mission...

But got booted right in the middle of it... Hope I got some Fleet Points... :(
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • starhoundstarhound Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I made it down to 29 and timed out. <:-)

Ha, ouch. That sucks.
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    there is only 9000 folks waiting to log in so why the hell we still waiting to log in? how ancient is the server that it cant handle a few thousend folks logging in?
  • xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    12 attempts to get launcher up...finally does

disconnects during login server connection several times

get to toon selection after numerous more attempts

placed in queue...wait eventually get in...WOOOOHOOO!

Disconencted after 5 seconds in game......

repeat all steps once more and back into an even larger queue

disconnected after 10 seconds....

*Goes finds something else to do*

Seriously why didnt they stagger access or spend some of the lockbox revenues on improving the system. So far this may be potentially the worst season release ever.
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    took awhile
  • zdenka1970zdenka1970 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well server isnt stable yet
    i played 2 matches from the new events,
    during 2nd mission, server went off and login server is off now

greetings Zdenka
  • straden0straden0 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its also funny that people who haven't touched the game in over a year are flooding back in and complaining about not being able to log in. I know its typical MMO stuff, but I still chuckle at it from time to time.
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this stinks
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Still cannot log in. I receive a timed out message.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
    edited July 2012
    Naaah..
    It was like this after every new popular addition to the game...

It'll settle down, just give it some time.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • admiralcutter28admiralcutter28 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    <Dev> Oaks 1@dstahl: All of Perfect World games are having issues due to a server issue in the central data center

This is a post from Tribble about the problems with the website and the game.
    They say it is to do with the c-point - zen conversion, Dilithium exchange and that stuff.

Have patience and try the Tribble server.
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    On the Plus side it shows some people still have enough interest to login.

My poor friend list is so inactive I call it the morgue.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • carl104carl104 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah same issues, can't even get to login server now.
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, all I can say is: Next time there's a major release you'll need to launch it sooner so there's not so many people logging in at once and ask PWE for temp servers for the day it launches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well it took all of about 1 hr to crash out the entire game, i wonder if they anticipated the demand?
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mmmm is it BBQ Tribble or baked Tribble?

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    By "Many people" I assume Lifers and those with Super Internet Connections. Players like myself are left in the lurch, and personally, I dont expect to be able to get in for about 4-6 hours if this keeps up.

I'm a lifer, and the only time I managed to get to the queue I got to something around 1200 before being kicked out again. So being a lifer definitely doesn't help.:D
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i think i liked their old servers better
    sh2sxc7.gif
    edited July 2012
    STO uses only ONE Server.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I got in and I was around 1200 in the queue, I kept taking screenshots as the number of people waiting went up, thought it would be fun to link when the next season is about to go up. But, that being said, after making it from 1200 in the queue, this is where I got booted.:D

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/8530/screenshot2012071222042.jpg

first lesson would be to NOT take the forums offline at precisely the time the servers go live as that just makes people even more irritated as they can't even let off steam.

there also must be a better way of load sharing the log ins and map transitions. it is particularly annoying to make it through a queue and be able to pick a character only to be timed out the first time you change maps and then have to queue again.

From experience tonight it seemed for every 20 players either timing out or making it into the game, another 150 added on to the back end of the queue.

does make one wonder why you would pay a subscription for such stellar log in preference...
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    grtiggy wrote: »
    there is only 9000 folks waiting to log in so why the hell we still waiting to log in? how ancient is the server that it cant handle a few thousend folks logging in?

That's 9000 trying to login. That doesn't count the people who ARE logged in.

As for upgrading servers, here's the problem:

The average SUBSCRIPTION MMOer is logged in for around 2.5 hours per week. There are time periods of peak distribution but having server capacity for every player logged in at once would be costly.

Websites are designed for lots of traffic. MMOs are financially beholden to the idea that peak traffic is nowhere near their actual userbase.

They could quadruple C-Store prices to pay for it but that would basically kill the population down to a point where the extra capacity would be unnecessary.

It's a tightrope.
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have a Blue EV Suit I want to sell to some sap for like 5m EC
  • malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    happens every major patch. no lessons seem to be learned or improvements implemented.

first lesson would be to NOT take the forums offline at precisely the time the servers go live as that just makes people even more irritated as they can't even let off steam.

there also must be a better way of load sharing the log ins and map transitions. it is particularly annoying to make it through a queue and be able to pick a character only to be timed out the first time you change maps and then have to queue again.

From experience tonight it seemed for every 20 players either timing out or making it into the game, another 150 added on to the back end of the queue.

does make one wonder why you would pay a subscription for such stellar log in preference...

Really you don't think they dropped the forums on purpose to get rid of all the whining?
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ... And... Closed for maintenance.
    edited July 2012
    sdkraust wrote: »
    I have a Blue EV Suit I want to sell to some sap for like 5m EC

Interesting spot to place that thought...
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    STO uses only ONE Server.

They use numerous servers, players are only "on" one server. It's numerous actual servers that are running the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    towani wrote: »
    Ugh - as a lifer, I thought we had priority login. Guess how surprised I was to see a queue stating I was in place at 1109 of 8891 in-game. Seriously?

Priority login means you get put at the front of the queue, not skip it entirely. The fact you were 1109 out of 8891 shows that you got put ahead of over 7000 other people. Those people in front of you? Probably other lifers.
  • joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    malan29 wrote: »
    Really you don't think they dropped the forums on purpose to get rid of all the whining?

I think the whole system just crapped out, I don't think there was anything else behind the forums getting killed.
This discussion has been closed.