test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 6 live - timeout connecting to login server

pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I imagine some server admin deep in cryptiic HQ is sat right now crying as the sheer amount of people trying to login overheats and the sets the server on fire heh good job cryptic but i think we need more power to the servers in 3 mins or were all dead :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by pointedears on

Comments

• vesphavespha Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yup...I am also thinking the samething ...
    "We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
  • starhoundstarhound Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agreed. I cant access my characters.
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry
  • zmihaie80zmihaie80 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    same issue here, it takes a while on the screen retrieving list of chars then jumps into log in menu with timeout error
  • preppuspreppus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    its the same here
  • cyberdinesscyberdiness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its retrieving the list of maps for me
  • whitewhale80whitewhale80 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Cant say this is massively surprising, kind of happens every time.
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Time to turn on ye olde queue.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    When we do get in, you know that EE is going to have 101 instances. lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bradtuckerbradtucker Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    starhound wrote: »
    Agreed. I cant access my characters.

same here just wondering if its showing the captains chair for everyone else? well i will give it more time i guess, only thing i can do
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Fantastic start :)
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cyberdinesscyberdiness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was in finishing a mission, turning it in and then BAM! Disconnected!
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well seeing as it is a new season.

yeah stuffs not going to work right for a wile
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • carbongripcarbongrip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Same here, if we could only form a line to get in :D
  • strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Had fatal error message that kicked me out and launcher will not load.

Also, I cannot purchase any Zen, it is doing that need a level 10 character message again. :mad:
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was in finishing a mission, turning it in and then BAM! Disconnected!

Considering the servers have been down for seven hours, how did you manage that? ;)

EDIT: damnit - neogaf.com is down as well. This has been a bad week as far as internet connectivity is concerned.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Logged in > Selected character (Right in front of Nakara)
    Goes to enter Nakara system, client logs me out at 40%.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Since when does cryptic have enough server capacity to handle a new "<content>" launch?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yep, lots of DC and Timeouts.

GG Cryptic, GG.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Since when does cryptic have enough server capacity to handle a new "<content>" launch?

Since launch? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Keep in mind this is a major integration update between the Cryptic and PW account servers, so while the game is up and running fine (many people are in game), the Network Engineering team is investigating the disconnects and login issues and expect them to be resolved as soon as possible.
  • pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When I did get in briefly I noticed that my 20 doff missions all said finished but hadnt moved to the finished/completed tab and there seems to be an issue with the second wave mission with the screen being spammed by adding then removing second wave. Im wondering if calculations are having to be done in the background causing this crawl ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carbongripcarbongrip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There's a log in message, website down for maintenance normal game play is not affected.
  • pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    Keep in mind this is a major integration update between the Cryptic and PW account servers, so while the game is up and running fine (many people are in game), the Network Engineering team is investigating the disconnects and login issues and expect them to be resolved as soon as possible.

sorry mr stahl dont get me wrong i appreciate season 6 is here but its crawling along SLOWLY and you should know better by now to add more capacity/bandwidth on a season release, there is no excuse after 5 seaosn launches :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2012

By "Many people" I assume Lifers and those with Super Internet Connections. Players like myself are left in the lurch, and personally, I dont expect to be able to get in for about 4-6 hours if this keeps up.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    strorus wrote: »
    Had fatal error message that kicked me out and launcher will not load.

Also, I cannot purchase any Zen, it is doing that need a level 10 character message again. :mad:

It's okay. Even if you could purchase it, transferring it to STO has been blocked since sometime yesterday and appears to still be blocked.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012

You guys must have some sort of "hammer-time-test"... if not... develop one.

In the company I worked in last time, we ran scripts that emulated up to 10000 hits pr minute (mind you we did webpages) to make sure we could handle high loads on the more demaning webpages.

BTW, good to see you commenting on the forums again.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I got in to play for about 30 minutes before getting kicked off again.

Now can't even connect to the log in server. . . No too surprised but its sucks.
  • towanitowani Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Ugh - as a lifer, I thought we had priority login. Guess how surprised I was to see a queue stating I was in place at 1109 of 8891 in-game. Seriously?

What sucks most if, although I didn't test the new stuff, I heard if you weren't one of the first ones on in your fleet, you'd get the shaft as others would quickly put whatever is needed into the fleet upgrade and complete it and you'd be left not being able to contribute. I don't know if that's true or not... but when I log in if In find that others already contributed everything and I'm SOL, I'm going to be really upset.
    Hi. Apparently I'm new here and joined in Jun 2012. Guess I'm in good company though... seems everyone else joined then too!
  • starhoundstarhound Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've spent the last hour trying to log in and I cant. Think I'll go to bed and try tomorrow. Closest I got was a log-in queue of 10, 000 users. Then it timed out again.
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    starhound wrote: »
    I've spent the last hour trying to log in and I cant. Think I'll go to bed and try tomorrow. Closest I got was a log-in queue of 10, 000 users. Then it timed out again.

I made it down to 29 and timed out. <:-)
This discussion has been closed.