test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Originally Posted by jerlikins
    My question is, when are they going to fix the pathfinding in the fire caves,
    blitzsth wrote: »
    Is that the bug when your BOs start doing the am lost act in the
    middle of the walkway and start jumping into the fire of DOOM.

it isnt really a "pathing" issue. The Fire is a hazard and is technically an enemy. So it aggros your BOs and they freak out because there are "enemies" in all directions.

IMO all they have to do is make the fire just a graphic rather than a hazard and the BOs wouldnt get so confused
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hmm my only question is why have i changed out of a carreer officer lol i want it back i cant even find where to change it now :D

Click on "Edit your Avatar" on top of the forum page. Below the Avatar pictures there is an option to show your title. :)
  • captainjtkirkcaptainjtkirk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    qjunior wrote: »
    Click on "Edit your Avatar" on top of the forum page. Below the Avatar pictures there is an option to show your title. :)

thats what i thought no option there lol maby its becouse i have been a lifer from beta lol
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    Link: Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Link: Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

It sounds like its only for the c-points conversion and general maintenance.

Why would you need to bring two games down for seven hours, so you can implement Season Six into only one game? You wouldn't. It sounds like its all about the c-points.

i might be way out here, but if they take down the authentication server for one, aren't they all down. The actual shard ChampOnline may still be up. But right now i can't log into tribble either, due to the authentication server being down.

So in conclusion, my opinion is, that S6 will be out at some point in the next 4 - 5 hours.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    it isnt really a "pathing" issue. The Fire is a hazard and is technically an enemy. So it aggros your BOs and they freak out because there are "enemies" in all directions.

IMO all they have to do is make the fire just a graphic rather than a hazard and the BOs wouldnt get so confused

Or they could just reduce the fire Aggro to zero. If that is the cause.
  • judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    blitzsth wrote: »
    Or they could just reduce the fire Aggro to zero. If that is the cause.

Or you can click for your BOs to only attack the target you are attacking.
  • gurren22gurren22 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yeah... sorry, it would not take seven hours just to switch C-points to Zen.

HE NEVER SAID IT WOULD SMART A. He said thats all we know. and for all your dumb mind knows it could take that long having to completely remove the conversion of zen to C then making sure it works then running it throught he dilithium market as well as raise the zen store prices to match the change (shared that in podcast). other than that its possible that season 6 is happening (also in podcast) plus more (that we don't know).
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i might be way out here, but if they take down the authentication server for one, aren't they all down. The actual shard ChampOnline may still be up. But right now i can't log into tribble either, due to the authentication server being down.

So in conclusion, my opinion is, that S6 will be out at some point in the next 4 - 5 hours.

I bet it's not.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wonder, would it be better?
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    we must get them to reopen tribble lol, it is the only way, but we have popcorn, and with the power invested in this item, we can hold out, i think :eek:
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • hcmarcel87hcmarcel87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    betayuya wrote: »
    we must get them to reopen tribble lol, it is the only way, but we have popcorn, and with the power invested in this item, we can hold out, i think :eek:

haha lol XD
  • stargazer99999stargazer99999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jerlikins wrote: »
    My question is, when are they going to fix the pathfinding in the fire caves, add check boxes to the mail system, or add in a change character button, like they've been promising since launch?

u mean the mesh in the fire caves is still not fixed how hard can that be i know its fairly easy to adjust a navmesh normaly have not made a user generated map on sto but so far in fallout meshing was the easyest part of the designing.
    edited July 2012
    Assuming your child-rant is over, you might want to actually read the rest of the thread. :rolleyes:

i think they have a fair point, it really could take 7 hours to change from C to Z, look how long it took Europe to roll out the Euro.

but in all seriousness, everything that has happened to do with STO, in the last week or so has had me thinking it's coming really really soon, i was surprised when it was suggested it might be today, thought another week or 2 but it's looking hopeful, on the other hand, afaik(no i'm not gonna read through 36 pages of opinion)the ONLY thing to be CONFIRMED is the change over to Z
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
    edited July 2012
    Assuming your child-rant is over, you might want to actually read the rest of the thread. :rolleyes:

hmm :) ty its been a while bein called a kid. but i did read the thread and still all the dude said was what we KNOW and was pounced on by someone who has no clue what theyre talking about kinda ruins it for people who do know what their talking about. now till you get a programming job don't act like you know what your doing around computers
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    is sto back up yet?
  • hcmarcel87hcmarcel87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    raj011 wrote: »
    is sto back up yet?
    nope still not online
    edited July 2012
    is sto back up yet?

yeah if you log on now, you'll find your user name works, they opened it early especially for you, 3 hours ahead of schedule
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    is sto back up yet?

possibly 3 and a half more hours by the sound of it i think :(
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    podsix wrote: »
    On the other hand, Champs DOES have a set of new veteran rewards, costumes, and Design-a-villan Alerts being released with today's patch. So whether they pre-patched or not may not be an adequate indication.

I think it's clear that the pre-patching stuff was Season 6 related, but Cryptic doesn't HAVE to turn on Season 6 yet. I'm sure they'll consider it if it looks viable, but the primary purpose for this downtime is the huge inter-office zen conversion. Champs is getting some goodies released today, so it's certainly POSSIBLE that we'll get S6 too.. but if something goes haywire, I wouldn't blame them for holding back S6 til a time that isn't "right before a weekend".

OK... Now I'm really annoyed... (I've not seen this before)

Why is it that a 100 (1000?) Day Vet in Champs, gets to refine TWICE As Much Questionite-ore as we do Dilithium...?

Why isn't Something Like THAT one of the Veteran Rewards for us here at STO?????

<grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited July 2012
    i think they have a fair point, it really could take 7 hours to change from C to Z, look how long it took Europe to roll out the Euro.

but in all seriousness, everything that has happened to do with STO, in the last week or so has had me thinking it's coming really really soon, i was surprised when it was suggested it might be today, thought another week or 2 but it's looking hopeful, on the other hand, afaik(no i'm not gonna read through 36 pages of opinion)the ONLY thing to be CONFIRMED is the change over to Z
    yeah if you log on now, you'll find you're user name works, they opened it early especially for you, 3 hours ahead of schedule

Good glad to here it :P
  • ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Looking forward to playing again in a few hours, hopefully with new season 6 content! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
    edited July 2012
    betayuya wrote: »
    possibly 3 and a half more hours by the sound of it i think :(

okay thanks. Might as well head to the gym or play another game till then
    edited July 2012

yeah but i'm not saying 6 won't be out cause if they have the data ready and had to all worked out and tested it could simply be removing and inserting code then a final test just i was correcting the person who jumped the person who actually said something to try and give info that could calm some nervs. but ty, i need to look up the euro thing, sounds interesting.
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    gurren22 wrote: »
    hmm :) ty its been a while bein called a kid. but i did read the thread and still all the dude said was what we KNOW and was pounced on by someone who has no clue what theyre talking about kinda ruins it for people who do know what their talking about. now till you get a programming job don't act like you know what your doing around computers

Until you learn what punctuation is, don't act like you know what you are doing around a keyboard. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Odd thing is that C-point/Zen conversion already happened on Tribble. Don't remember it being down for 7 hours.

Nobody cares on Tribble if their points get buggered. :P Also there's no dil exchange to test.
    If they found even one example of a problem in verifying the point conversion (and they've had a lot of time to look), they will require the time to verify more thoroughly on Holodeck before the support phones ring off the hook. ;)
    daveyny wrote: »
    ...in Champs, gets to refine TWICE As Much Questionite-ore as we do Dilithium...?
    Why isn't Something Like THAT one of the Veteran Rewards for us here at STO?????
    Do you know anything about the Champions economy to understand why they might need more of their currency than we do of ours? (I don't.)

Or do you just see that someone else has a bigger number than you and get frustrated? :P (I didn't know "STOpeen" was a thing?)
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • omniusexoromniusexor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Season 6 is NOT coming out today! that is my feeling.

The whole patch is about the C to Zen Point conversion.

Prior s6 comes out and all the new goodies and ships and kindergarden costumes can come out and be ready to be sold, the payment system have to work!

This explains the cooperation with the PWE team and extended time period for this patch.

They have to make VERY SHURE that not a single C-Point get lost in this ZEN conversion! so that's why it takes so long for them to verify all things... player databases and so on.

just my 2 cent

i bet 2 mil EC that this is the issue, some1 oppose? :D
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Pre-patching multiple gigabytes is a heck of a lot of data to update for a currency conversion. I realize there's a lot more to that conversion than it may appear on the surface, and since they're dealing with people's real money here, they need to take their time and get it right.

But even so, that's a lot of data and a lot of downtime.
  • roth30roth30 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    OK... Now I'm really annoyed... (I've not seen this before)

Why is it that a 100 Day Vet in Champs, gets to refine TWICE As Much Questionite-ore as we do Dilithium...?

<grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>

Reading the CO forum seems the 100 is a typo and should be 1000 day vet reward.
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    Until you learn what punctuation is, don't act like you know what you are doing around a keyboard. :D

nah english wasn't my strong suit, just some code and parts. ironic since my computer currently runs on a single chip processor mainly cause i got it from best buy. plus its not like i'm getting a grade from typing by someone who is assigned to teach me.
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    quick question to provide more intreage to this thred: does the release notes come out at start of downtime or end?

if at the biginning its out of the ordinary for them to not put up the release notes yet and its s6 today

if at the end it could be the conversion only or the convertion and s6 together
This discussion has been closed.