What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    seven hours? wow. that's the length of a WoW maitenance. gonna get rid of the stf one shots? I hate getting one shotted in an stf by the angry tac cube or donatra. ty for the update, branflakes.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not doubting that that that number of Elite STF's can be completed in 7 hours.... but for the love of God, why would you want to?

The grind is bad enough as it is... cant be for the dilithium, because you cant refine that much (8000k max).... it cant be for the tech... I am assuming if you run that many a day you have multiple sets...

Not that there is a tremendous number of things to do... but I seriously would rather have my head set on fire and put out with a sledgehammer than do that many in a day.... I max out at about 10 and need a break. Not from exhaustion, or because it has taken hours and hours... but because its boring after a while... especially with the same team (no offense to any of my regular teams).

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ignorance is bliss although just because you might not be able to do it as quickly as I can/people I normally team with there is an automatic assumption that it is impossible.

If you only play STF's on one character you would be correct but I have 15 and some others not many have a lot more than I do. Not all the time if you pug or do not have static groups will you have a full team of elite players... If they are really all synced up on knowing strategies and no breaks could do a possible 4 stfs in the time it takes you to do one if you are taking 30 minutes to do one. You can use multiple characters so over 7 hours if you have a really good static team its doable to do 5-6 per hour and then over 7 hours that is 35-40 stf's over that amount of time.

Honestly a really good Elite Team on normal mode can probally complete any STF within 5 minutes. Elite I would estimate between 8-12 minutes. It all comes down to how you spec, what combination of powers you are using, and the cohesion of the team you are on. Just one green person to STF's can result in a drastic outcome versus a full team of *True* Elite players. If they are taking you 30 minutes to do you still have some learning to do.

My point still stands - while elite players could do 5 Elite STF's per hour - to keep this pace up for 7 hours straight would be impossible - your body simply would make mistakes as time went on - and your brain would get numb
  • Options
    stonesdeltastonesdelta Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hmm so account server is down as well? :(
    (My Account says my account is INACTIVE and 0 subscription days:eek: scared me for a sec)

Was hoping to fly around on Tribble but guess not.
  • Options
    robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So what do you all think? Do you think its Season Six or do you think it is really only a simple Zen Conversion as we are lead to believe?
  • Options
    nail83nail83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Even the Devs don;t know if its going to be season 6 as we been lead to belive Dstahl says if patch notes are relase today that it is if they are not then its not
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    could be both..... since S6 started on tribble there was the Zen Store and everything used Zen...
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    All of this speculation could be answered, one way or the other, if we just had some release notes. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So what do you all think? Do you think its Season Six or do you think it is really only a simple Zen Conversion as we are lead to believe?

Today's posts

Use it

Love it
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Or, in otherwords, it may be. Or it may not be.

I;m still 50/50. While I'm not feeling it, we did get those three last minute patches on tribble within the last 24 hours.
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    :(:(:(

Just got home. The server is already down. I wish I could at least login for 10 minutes to do DOff stuff and refine Di.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Your link sends me to the front page of the forums, now I am reading what Stahl had to say that is either a really bad teaser joke or he is saying read between the lines the new season is coming it would not be the first time they left us in the dark with a major update change!
  • Options
    avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Today's posts

Thanks, hadn't seen that.
  • Options
    raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Looks like Tribble is down too, as the Account server that provides authentication must be getting updated as well.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the forums are working, since I assume they are authenticated through the same server.

I'm looking forward to Season 6, and I hope we get to see it today.

If they have some bugs to fix after it launches, that is fine with me.

I like this game, and I appreciate the work Cryptic/PWE does on it.

(Dan Stahl, thank you for your post, even if it wasn't the simple yes or no we all wanted. ; )

Chris
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Your link sends me to the front page of the forums

You're right it does. I see at least 6 threads on the topic. :)

Now we have 7. :(
  • Options
    carl104carl104 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Could also be:

We've got some last minute bugs with S6 to squash first. If we squash enough you get S6, otherwise just the integration.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I am flat out asking, most of the posts speculate on it, I want to know what the community thinks, me personally I think it is coming today! I see a lot of posts that it mentioned but the main point of those threads are not about season despite the fact the forum members are making it about it so hence the reason for this thread.
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for linking that timezone clock in the post, it takes out the guess work!:cool:
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Did Champions have a 3.5GB pre-patch?

If they did, then this is not Season Six.

If they didn't, then this is probably Season Six.

Why? If they also pre-patched, then they got the same Zen update we did which means Season 6 is not on the roster. If they didn't pre-patch, then the Zen update is in addition to whatever we patched (most likely Season Six).
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited July 2012
    I don't think it's S6, I think this just an update on their end to prepare the servers for S6. Although, it would be sweet if I was wrong! :)
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This all sounds exactly like...

"...She Loves Me..., She Loves Me Not..."

<Rinse & Repeat>

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    in otherwords, it may be. Or it may not be.

Schrodinger's Release Notes?
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    nail83nail83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Why? If they also pre-patched, then they got the same Zen update we did which means Season 6 is not on the roster. If they didn't pre-patch, then the Zen update is in addition to whatever we patched (most likely Season Six).

You know good sir, that be interesting to find out does anyone play CO ( I do but not regularly and not at all in the last month so even if they had prepatch i would't know)

Edit" Had just poped over the the CO website and its calling for their servers to be down for 7 hours as well so am assuming its not Season 6
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well they took tribble offline last night around 9pm pst so maybe they did that to get all the last minute data and yes I am hoping and speculating but maybe they took what they needed too from tribble to launch it today, now I could be wrong but 50% of me is hoping. With Stahl's twisted teaser and with the Associate Producer saying on a PriorityOne Podcast that it is coming real soon maybe its today.

Sadly I have to work at 1pm pst but I will be glued to the forums to see what you all say happens!
  • Options
    podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012

On the other hand, Champs DOES have a set of new veteran rewards, costumes, and Design-a-villan Alerts being released with today's patch. So whether they pre-patched or not may not be an adequate indication.

I think it's clear that the pre-patching stuff was Season 6 related, but Cryptic doesn't HAVE to turn on Season 6 yet. I'm sure they'll consider it if it looks viable, but the primary purpose for this downtime is the huge inter-office zen conversion. Champs is getting some goodies released today, so it's certainly POSSIBLE that we'll get S6 too.. but if something goes haywire, I wouldn't blame them for holding back S6 til a time that isn't "right before a weekend".
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I dont know if champs had any pre patch or not, but the 3.5gb is because of season 6 as its quite large.

when we pre patch from playing on tribble, it copies over what is on tribble to the main sto folder. we have already downloaded over 3GB on tribble.

that patch would have nothing to do with co at all. they would have their own unique patch for their own unique store items. co players would not even need a 3.5gb patch just for zen anyway. that would only need to be a few MB or so. unless they have a sizeable game update due today as well they probably wont even need to prepatch anything.

the patch itself is season 6 without a doubt, whether they turn it on or not is dependant on what ever factors they have to deal with as dstahl mentioned.
  • Options
    hcmarcel87hcmarcel87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    We'll see whats gonna happen.. gonna be a long wait thats for sure
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nail83 wrote: »
    You know good sir, that be interesting to find out does anyone play CO ( I do but not regularly and not at all in the last month so even if they had prepatch i would't know)

Edit" Had just poped over the the CO website and its calling for their servers to be down for 7 hours as well so am assuming its not Season 6

Again, the idea is to see if they also patched. The Zen conversion is set to take place across the board. But Dan wants to also squeeze in Season 6 (you know, since the server is down already and Tribble is set up to be Zen already).

The thing to look for is if Champs is also getting a huge patch. If they did, then this is only Zen. If they didn't, that means Cryptic is trying to squeeze in Season 6 while the server is offline.
    edited July 2012
    I dont know if champs had any pre patch or not, but the 3.5gb is because of season 6 as its quite large.

when we pre patch from playing on tribble, it copies over what is on tribble to the main sto folder. we have already downloaded over 3GB on tribble.

that patch would have nothing to do with co at all. they would have their own unique patch for their own unique store items. co players would not even need a 3.5gb patch just for zen anyway. that would only need to be a few MB or so. unless they have a sizeable game update due today as well they probably wont even need to prepatch anything.

the patch itself is season 6 without a doubt, whether they turn it on or not is dependant on what ever factors they have to deal with as dstahl mentioned.

And I agree. My point was simply if their pre-patch was the same size as our pre-patch, then there is no Season 6 coming. But if their patch is smaller or they have no patch, then the Zen conversion itself requires no major patch. That indicates that our patch is more than likely Season 6.

FWIW, I didn't download much with my pre-patch. I think it copied most of it from Tribble.
    edited July 2012
    9am EST to 4pm? Where will I get my star trek fix?
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    9am EST to 4pm? Where will I get my star trek fix?

Easy peasy. Find some old episodes. The time will go faster that way.
    Or do like me... laundry, shopping and food cooking. Amazing possibilities.
    (I am quite the little Neelix in the kitchen)
    :D
    /Floozy
This discussion has been closed.