Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    vonbon wrote: »
    hah the one time being at Work acctully counts for something !

Id it makes you feel better I am away with work every weekday fiva am till at least six PM so this does not affect me in the slightest.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    going outside? ewwww, isnt tribble still on?
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    so tribble will be down also ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    alaskantruckeralaskantrucker Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah, is trib gonna b down as well???
  • Options
    blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am currently patching a 1117MB update, has it been confirmed that season 6 is being released today or is it just another forum speculation/rumor!?! Curious minds would like to know.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jounar1701 wrote: »
    The whole lack of confirmation on the rumor of S6 going live today make the dev team look like a total bunch of amateurs tbh. If the deadline is so tight then its probley best to hold off for a day or two to make sure its not a total bugfest like previous seasons have been. Not to mention the drama and disappointment of the playerbase that will flood the forums if S6 dosen't go live today.

This is an unfair assessment. Not confirming rumours is amateur? It's standard practice for most corporations.

It wouldn't be a matter of deadlines being tight - it would be that there are a number of changes happening by necessity at the same time. There are dependencies that need to be ensured, potential show-stoppers that only manifest themselves in production environment... It's why very often customers won't get told a feature is in or not until it's actually live.

You're whining that you haven't had the release confirmed right now, but had they given you a time and a date and then been forced to delay it due to unforeseen (or even unforeseeable) issues, you'd be just as up in arms.

To close - don't get so worked up about it. Either it will go live or it won't. "There's not a damned thing you can do about it".
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Season 4 pushed out early, train wreck. Season 5 pushed out early, train wreck, here we go again, feedback means nothing and history is something not to be learnt from LOL And people wonder why I cancelled my sub...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Havn't seen any other threads like this so YES

+1 for my idea of anyone starting a dupe thread has to post themselves singing the Star Trek theme to youtube and provide a link.

Yes, there are words to the song.

edit: I;m 50/50 on seeing season 6 later today. yes it still has issues and yes a dev has pointed out that it;s actually a backend merge into CORE. I;m looking at the two pushed out patches for tribble that came down in the last 24 hours. Sounds like a last minute test to me.
  • Options
    sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tebsu wrote: »
    going outside? ewwww, isnt tribble still on?

Nope I tried that =P
  • Options
    cptalamos90cptalamos90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    will i be able to keep my remaining C-points or do those get taken away from me ?:confused:
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    topset wrote: »
    PLEASE NOTE: This isn't all of them, this is just the first 4 that I found (which seem to be the most popular) to illustrate my point.

Now... </thread> anyone?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=304161

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=302881

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=302921

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=305711

At this rate in going to be in the ER with alcohol poisoning by lunch.

#NewThreadDrinkingGame
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited July 2012
    will i be able to keep my remaining C-points or do those get taken away from me ?:confused:

It will get converted to Zen.
    Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    Tomorrow's release is a big timed integration update that requires multiple teams across Cryptic Studios and Perfect World to be in synch. We all have to release simultaneously in order for the integration between account services and billing to update properly. This is the reason for the extended downtime and why CO, STO, and some parts of the PW and Cryptic Web teams are involved. As some have deduced, it may also mean the release of Season 6, but we have not announced anything as of yet. We realize there are still a few reported bugs from Tribble. The team is working pretty much around the clock addressing issues as quickly as possible. If you see an announcement or release notes that Season 6 is being put on Holodeck tomorrow, then you can expect several updates over the next week to address any remaining or newly found issues. We appreciate all of the testing we've had on TRIBBLE over the last 6 weeks. The entire STO team is focused on addressing both reported bugs as well as individual feedback. Thank you for your patience.

Heh.

My guess is that some pieces of this update are actually in the new Season 6 codebase. Since they HAVE to release the integration update, it's very possible that they have little or no choice but to release a reasonably stable version of Season 6 no matter what state it's in and worry about fixes later.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    captzabjudahcaptzabjudah Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    brigadooom wrote: »
    7 hours, whew. Hope your techs have enough coffee cups.

If I knew it was going to be down that long I would have my crews running some of those long mission, oh well :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    he mentions patch notes , are they not only put up mainly after the patch is released ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    pmaddenpmadden Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Calm down theres a simple solution.

Retro StarTrek Games Day!!!

now where did i put Armada 2?
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Havn't seen any other threads like this so YES

I guess the mods disagree since it just got merged.

edit: How big was the last season patch? I wasn;t here for it.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is it back up yet? ROFL 12 hours to go...
  • Options
    doctormerkindoctormerkin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    :eek: 7hrs=21 stf's,man i've got lots of borg to kill..
  • Options
    anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    pingahead wrote: »
    "I tire of this life."

I hope you're just quoting that jerk Reman who assists you in the STO Featured Episode called Coliseum.

Otherwise, cheer up! Season 6 is coming (eventually) :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Heh.

My guess is that some pieces of this update are actually in the new Season 6 codebase. Since they HAVE to release the integration update, it's very possible that they have little or no choice but to release a reasonably stable version of Season 6 no matter what state it's in and worry about fixes later.

Thats kind of my thoughts on it as well.
  • Options
    theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh well, in the mean time, I'll play spec ops the line until then.:(

you and me both pal :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    :eek: 7hrs=21 stf's,man i've got lots of borg to kill..

My average would be about 35-40 stfs in that time period... Might need find some better teams :D
  • Options
    anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ryuuenjin wrote: »
    all that cryptic would need to do is change one line of code from 0 (off) to 1 (on)

You make programming and MMO development sound sooooo easy. It's not! Many times, something in STO is changed, and it breaks something else, totally unrelated. MMO programming can be a big, sprawling mess!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    how long has sto been down now?
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Season 4 pushed out early, train wreck. Season 5 pushed out early, train wreck, here we go again, feedback means nothing and history is something not to be learnt from LOL And people wonder why I cancelled my sub...

i would wonder who really wonders about you canceling your sub
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    From a few pages back in this very thread:

Thanks for the quote, I would normally have scrolled through the XX amount of posts and found it, but was running out of time and knew someone would point it out if someone from PWE had posted a response.

Although am new to STO, at present am happy with the content in the game at the moment. I can understand the guys that have been playing it a lot longer can't wait till the new content of S6 arrives, but it still makes me chuckle when some bang their fists and demand it now, but require it to have no bugs what so ever. I personally can't remember any MMO or retaill game that released major content that didn't have some of bugs in it upon release or any game forum. That didn't have people calling the Developers inept, amateurish, incompetent etc. etc.

I just wish there was some kind of APP for the iphone or android device, you could use to send your Doffs out on assignments at times like this, but meh. I will go play another MMO while I wait for the servers to go LIVE again no big deal!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    My average would be about 35-40 stfs in that time period... Might need find some better teams :D

Really, I think someones nose is growing longer and longer!
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    blitzsth wrote: »
    I just wish there was some kind of APP for the iphone or android device, you could use to send your Doffs out on assignments at times like this, but meh.

That app would still have to interface with the game servers ;)

But +1 on everything else you said, if you have been around PC gaming long enough and you still get angry over bugs and patch downtimes it's really time to grow up.
  • Options
    baracura28baracura28 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Aint there only 6 STF's and all have 1 hour cooldown ? think u can be happy if u get around 21. Seeing that STF's are made for 30 min play timeish.
    Talking to my self, asking stuff to my self, definitely not understanding my self. Such is the life of an overworked Starfleet admiral.
This discussion has been closed.