What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• Options
    nigel2751nigel2751 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If its season 6 or not it don't bother me.people should not build there hopes up.
    a lot might be very disappointed if it is season 6 .if the space stations don't have the wow factor then people will be very disappointed .just going to defend a station don't appeal to every one if there's a lot of things you can do on that station then yes it will get the wow factor if there's cool rewards also could get the wow factor,but if its like go defend your station its under attack then you get the attitude so what we don't get nothing from defending it we just build another.
    only the guys that's been testing it would know .
    it would be great if you can do things like the other stations in the game pick up quests use bank exchange play dabo and be even better if you could collect resources for the station and earn good rewards.
    there as to be that wow factor or it will just die.
    we will all find out soon what the maintenance is all about just have patience let the powers that be do there stuff.
    if your missing playing you could always log on you tube and listen to the song star trekking across the universe.
  • Options
    dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tomorrow's release is a big timed integration update that requires multiple teams across Cryptic Studios and Perfect World to be in synch. We all have to release simultaneously in order for the integration between account services and billing to update properly. This is the reason for the extended downtime and why CO, STO, and some parts of the PW and Cryptic Web teams are involved. As some have deduced, it may also mean the release of Season 6, but we have not announced anything as of yet. We realize there are still a few reported bugs from Tribble. The team is working pretty much around the clock addressing issues as quickly as possible. If you see an announcement or release notes that Season 6 is being put on Holodeck tomorrow, then you can expect several updates over the next week to address any remaining or newly found issues. We appreciate all of the testing we've had on TRIBBLE over the last 6 weeks. The entire STO team is focused on addressing both reported bugs as well as individual feedback. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dastahl wrote: »
    Tomorrow's release is a big timed integration update that requires multiple teams across Cryptic Studios and Perfect World to be in synch. We all have to release simultaneously in order for the integration between account services and billing to update properly. This is the reason for the extended downtime and why CO, STO, and some parts of the PW and Cryptic Web teams are involved. As some have deduced, it may also mean the release of Season 6, but we have not announced anything as of yet. We realize there are still a few reported bugs from Tribble. The team is working pretty much around the clock addressing issues as quickly as possible. If you see an announcement or release notes that Season 6 is being put on Holodeck tomorrow, then you can expect several updates over the next week to address any remaining or newly found issues. We appreciate all of the testing we've had on TRIBBLE over the last 6 weeks. The entire STO team is focused on addressing both reported bugs as well as individual feedback. Thank you for your patience.

So even Dan isn't denying season 6 may still show up tomorrow. Thanks for the update. It's good to see you posting again.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    awee i was hoping for season 6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    awee i was hoping for season 6.

Dan just said it may still come out on Thursday...
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would have preferred a yes or no answer as we still don;t know if it is being released or not on thursday
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    if we get season six great if not does not really matter i would rather them have a week or so more of testing and give us a stable release vs a release full of bugs that could cause crashes or even a rollback take your time devs no real hurry:P:P
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

On behalf of all the expectant soon to be Starbase constructors, thank you for your notification :)
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

YOU don't KNOW yet?

bahahahaha awesome!

so this is a *we want to have it ready, but not sure if the guys are going to hit the deadline* kinda thing?

how about just say NO and wait until it's really ready?
    if your team is so busy fixing bugs, then let them fix some more before you throw it at us, WE CAN WAIT A WEEK LONGER FOR IT, thank you.

No need to rush it out... and end up with a crapshoot like Season 4 again :eek:

if you think people are complaining now because it doesn't get released today, then imagine how many more will come out of their holes to complain when you do daily patches + downtimes for the next 2 weeks?

...just wait until the extra coat of polish is applied, and then polish it some more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    richandrewsrichandrews Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh darn no STO for me today, these maintenance periods always seem to be when I want to play.

Anyway I hope the maintenance goes well, I know what its like to be making major systems changes whilst users moan and moan about it taking too long.
  • Options
    podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    YOU don't KNOW yet?

I actually get the feeling it's more of a "well, this transition is going to require US to be down for a long time, and we still have to pay the employees".. there might be a situation where there's a lot of "sitting around with nothing to do" waiting for the PWE people to get their stuff done.. and then the Cryptic folks might just decide to push the update, to make good use of the employee hours and downtime.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thank's Dan for at least explaining the goings-on and expectations.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    2 hours, 15 secs to go ^^
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sparhawk wrote: »
    So even Dan isn't denying season 6 may still show up tomorrow. Thanks for the update. It's good to see you posting again.

::: laughs ... but he still isn't confirming!!! :D
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    wlc355wlc355 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    7 hours omg thats a long time does this mean its season 6 launch ?

I think that Season 6 has to be at least 8gb in size if not bigger. I hope they get all the bugs worked out of season 6 then.
  • Options
    milesllewellynmilesllewellyn Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wlc355 wrote: »
    I think that Season 6 has to be at least 8gb in size if not bigger. I hope they get all the bugs worked out of season 6 then.

Very true ;-)
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The thing that amazes me most with Cryptic is the ability of the EP to answer 'as far as I'm aware' or 'I'm not sure' on so much ;-)
  • Options
    sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's like all day for me?
    Or am I mistaken from what the news says?
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    it will be down for 7 hours, yes.
  • Options
    thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    99% sure that it is Season 6 release.
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
  • Options
    podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sdkraust wrote: »
    That's like all day for me?
    Or am I mistaken from what the news says?

That's what the news says.

Champions Online will be down too! I may have to actually go outside or something.
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hands up if you've ever been involved in a major update to an e-commerce service?

A lot of the time you may be planning to do something at a certain time... but unforeseen circumstances are all too common. Stahl just doesn't want to commit to a release date/time that might not be guaranteed. It's not incompetence, it's caution.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    vonbonvonbon Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hah the one time being at Work acctully counts for something !
  • Options
    jounar1701jounar1701 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    Hands up if you've ever been involved in a major update to an e-commerce service?

A lot of the time you may be planning to do something at a certain time... but unforeseen circumstances are all too common. Stahl just doesn't want to commit to a release date/time that might not be guaranteed. It's not incompetence, it's caution.

The whole lack of confirmation on the rumor of S6 going live today make the dev team look like a total bunch of amateurs tbh. If the deadline is so tight then its probley best to hold off for a day or two to make sure its not a total bugfest like previous seasons have been. Not to mention the drama and disappointment of the playerbase that will flood the forums if S6 dosen't go live today.
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "I tire of this life."
  • Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh well, in the mean time, I'll play spec ops the line until then.:(
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stargazer99999stargazer99999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    podsix wrote: »
    That's what the news says.

Champions Online will be down too! I may have to actually go outside or something.

be carefull u dont experience this terrible thing called a sun burn from exposure to sunlight
  • Options
    lpthomasmariklpthomasmarik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Nonetheless, Thanks to Dan for finally giving us some insight into what is happening!

This is why I love Dan. They are still up in the air about Season 6 coming out tomorrow but at least he tells us what's going on :)
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Chugga Chugga, Chugga Chugga, TOOT TOOT... Here comes the train wreck, ahead of time. Lets hope they fixed the bugs.... :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
This discussion has been closed.