test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems with the new forums: A complete list.

Comments

• Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wanted to confirm that the quoting function is still misaligned. As it breaks up every break between sentences or paragraphs into individual quotes. Even after editing out the extra code the board puts them back in.

Also, my posting text still defaults to black on black.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    droidbones#8886 droidbones Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sorry I still need to learn to keep my posts short & to the point, so basically:

STO.perfectworld.com should have it's own favicon to distinguish it in our bookmarks, & the forums have never had a proper icon so that would be nice too.

As for the progress: so far so awesome! Great to have these features fixed, thanks!
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sorry I still need to learn to keep my posts short & to the point, so basically:

STO.perfectworld.com should have it's own favicon to distinguish it in our bookmarks, & the forums have never had a proper icon so that would be nice too.

As for the progress: so far so awesome! Great to have these features fixed, thanks!

That would be nice.... I think I will add it to the list...
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can we please sticky this thread?
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    Can we please sticky this thread?

Lot's of people have asked, it doesn't seem like it. But we can just keep bumping.... bumping away....
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Bulleted lists are still not quite good.
    • Here is an example of what I mean:
      I've tried something novel and wrote more than one paragraph in a list! The indenting isn't kept, so the list becomes harder to read.
    • And yes, I really need this feature. I can be quite verbose with my lists. You would not believe the stuff I write in them! Or rather, you would, because you may have seen it before and what I write is also sometimes even useful! (Unlike this bullet point, which is merely illustrative.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Lot's of people have asked, it doesn't seem like it. But we can just keep bumping.... bumping away....

They can't possibly be that insecure. this thread is very helpful, and is doing a LOT of good. I would even say that it's the most important thread on the forums right now. (at least the most important non-stickied thread)

C'mon, STICKY it !!

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    They can't possibly be that insecure. this thread is very helpful, and is doing a LOT of good. I would even say that it's the most important thread on the forums right now. (at least the most important non-stickied thread)

C'mon, STICKY it !!

As I've mentioned in this thread, the reason it is not stickied is because this forum is the "Star Trek Online Discussion" forum, and forum problems are not really about STO related, per se. :) I should have moved this to the "General Community Feedback" forum, but everyone knows where to find it already.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    txhawktxhawk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As I've mentioned in this thread, the reason it is not stickied is because this forum is the "Star Trek Online Discussion" forum, and forum problems are not really about STO related, per se. :) I should have moved this to the "General Community Feedback" forum, but everyone knows where to find it already.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You could always create a sticky in the "General Community Feedback" forum linking to this thread.... ;)
    Waiting for paladins...
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    txhawk wrote: »
    You could always create a sticky in the "General Community Feedback" forum linking to this thread.... ;)

Yeah, how about that?
    Is that possible?
    Pweeeeze?

:)

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd still like to get the TOP button at the bottom of the threads brought back.

I have my threads set to 30 posts per...

It's a real PITA scrolling back to the top all the time.

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'd still like to get the TOP button at the bottom of the threads brought back.

I have my threads set to 30 posts per...

It's a real PITA scrolling back to the top all the time.

At least in Firefox, the "Home" button takes you to the top of the page.
    edited July 2012
    holy TRIBBLE beez u must live on the forums wif dat post count lolololol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    holy TRIBBLE beez u must live on the forums wif dat post count lolololol

Sector space travel is slow and I have two monitors. :P
    edited July 2012
    Beezle you have my respect...
    ...is there a posting game you are playing somewhere?

PS. We have to keep this thread on the front page. They won't sticky it, and it is UBER important!

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    UPDATE 7/9: The link to edit your Avatar has now been added to the UserCP section :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Beezle you have my respect...
    ...is there a posting game you are playing somewhere?

So far just the "last poster wins" thread.
    edited July 2012
    UPDATE 7/9: The link to edit your Avatar has now been added to the UserCP section :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thank you very much! :)

Y'know, the new forums aren't that bad anymore... Different, but not necessarily bad.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just want to throw this out there again...

I'm kinda sorta lazy and hate having to scroll my mouse wheel multiple times to get back to the top of the threads...

Can we get the little TOP button at the end of the thread pages, back at some point???

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    I just want to throw this out there again...

I'm kinda sorta lazy and hate having to scroll my mouse wheel multiple times to get back to the top of the threads...

Can we get the little TOP button at the end of the thread pages, back at some point???

:cool:

Heh, I use 40 posts to a page.. it can be a long way back up top...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • Options
    suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think the 2 main features I really want back are the 'report post' function, and more recently, the 'ignore' function, I'd forgotten just how annoying some posters were that used to be on my ignore list...
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    59. Can't turn off Lifetime Sub title if desired

This has now been fixed.

Just click "Edit your Avatar" left of the 'Do you like free ZEN?' banner, then below the avatars you have a yes/no option for "Do you want to use the Lifetime Subscriber title?".
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    This has now been fixed.

Just click "Edit your Avatar" left of the 'Do you like free ZEN?' banner, then below the avatars you have a yes/no option for "Do you want to use the Lifetime Subscriber title?".

Got it. ;)

While a lot of the big things have been fixed I don't want this to die quite just yet. There is a lot we could still do. I mean, why stop and a good forum when we could have the best? :D
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The links to the French and German forums in the OP point to "page not available."

===EDIT===

Edited to remove links as these forums are not supported anymore :) those are the old EU forums that existed on the EN forums. EU has their own and the links in the OP are correct but they look like they are down. Web team is investigating -BranFlakes
    edited July 2012
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but at some point last night the formatting got messed up, and now forum avatars are above the post instead of being to the left. But only in Firefox.

Which pretty much doubles the length of the page and results in a lot of wasted space to the right of forum posts.

I've done a complete browser purge (cache and cookies), and it persists.

Firefox 14.0.1

{ETA, FIXED - It was on my end, see subsequent post}
    edited July 2012
    beezle23 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but at some point last night the formatting got messed up, and now forum avatars are above the post instead of being to the left. But only in Firefox.

Which pretty much doubles the length of the page and results in a lot of wasted space to the right of forum posts.

I've done a complete browser purge (cache and cookies), and it persists.

Firefox 14.0.1

My firefox is pre-10... and things display fine (yeah, I don't use firefox these days). I've initiated the update processes so I'll check back if I notice an issue with 14.0.1 too.

**Update: No issues with Firefox 14.0.1
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    nynik wrote: »
    My firefox is pre-10... and things display fine (yeah, I don't use firefox these days). I've initiated the update processes so I'll check back if I notice an issue with 14.0.1 too.

**Update: No issues with Firefox 14.0.1

Thanks for checking. I don't know what happened -- even FF "safe mode" didn't work. It took a complete hardcore uninstall of Firefox:

Uninstall
    Delete the Firefox folder under Program Files (x86)
    Delete the Cache folder
    Delete the User profile (after backing up bookmarks)

But now the forum looks right again.
    edited July 2012
    Okay... I really don't like how Clicking the "Reply" Button will sometimes bring up popups.

I know it hardly ever happens... but that's not cool.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Great, thanks for finally repairing the "search for posts by user" function. I can now use the forums pretty much the way I did before.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Instant email notification for subscriptions still busted
This discussion has been closed.