test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems with the new forums: A complete list.

Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Okay... very funny. Joke's over. Stop making pop-ups appear every so often when I hit reply. It doesn't make me want to buy Zen. In fact quite the Opposite. NONE OF MY MONIES FOR YOU!!!
  • Options
    yellowalertyellowalert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

1. The white GUI on black background is garish and downright painful to look at.

21. There is no "you have posted in this thread" marker when you view "Today's Posts"
    22. There is no easy way to "find all posts by X person" (a tool I used to track threads I posted in, and see responses.)

#1 was killing me when I was trying to find if my issues were on the list. :mad:

Anyways, yeah the lack of being able to see which threads I posted in to check for replies makes it harder to offer rebuttals on discussions unless I write down which threads I posted in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I skimmed through this. There is no BBCode.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I skimmed through this. There is no BBCode.

They did that on purpose, you have to link photos rather than posting them to the forums (except in signatures), that's how it's always been. :(

The pop up window is still very annoying.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hmm, almost looks like that's it.

So, nothing else from the list is being worked on, Branflakes?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I still miss the TOP button at the bottom of the Threads...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012
    toiva wrote: »
    Hmm, almost looks like that's it.

So, nothing else from the list is being worked on, Branflakes?

There's quite a number of items on that list being worked on :) It takes time, though. I think I've gotten to all that I can personally do.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There's quite a number of items on that list being worked on :) It takes time, though. I think I've gotten to all that I can personally do.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

A lot of those items are also wrong on the Champions site.

(signature styles, for one)
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    I still miss the TOP button at the bottom of the Threads...

I think I'd rather have another set of "breadcrumb" links* at the bottom of the thread.

*breadcrumb links are the list of links at the top of these forums that illustrate kind of a directory path to the present location. IE:

Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online Discussion > Problems with the new forums: A complete list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I've made a few updates to the OP:
    43a. The above option is not visible in the UserCP, only by visiting the link above. - FIXED - this is now available in the UserCP
    47. No way to send a Forum PM. (Or now it's just more convoluted.) This is available by clicking on "Private Messages" above, towards the top-right. Direct link: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/private.php ("Send New Message" under 'Private Messages')
    51. When using an iPad, (Or android) log in box disappears underneath the virtual keyboard. (Mobile browsers are not officially supported. To log in without the log in box, when signed out, click on "New Thread" at the top of the forums and it will take you to a static log-in page)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    devast8tordevast8tor Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Search results expiring after 5 seconds. To repro, hit the dev tracker and wait 10 seconds. Then click page 3. Wait, how did I end up on page 1 again? :rolleyes:
    Daedalus-STO.png
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Thanks for answering. ;)

And if you did all you "personally" could, you can still check from time to time to see whether there's progress on that "quite a number of items on that list being worked on". Like an impatient supervisor. :P
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    toiva wrote: »
    Thanks for answering. ;)

And if you did all you "personally" could, you can still check from time to time to see whether there's progress on that "quite a number of items on that list being worked on". Like an impatient supervisor. :P

I check-in daily :) While I can't personally do them, I'm still involved ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    26. The Galaxy Class in the header is the old one, rather than the one currently in game.

It is the U.S.S. Galaxy (the prototype)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    It is the U.S.S. Galaxy (the prototype)

Yes, but that model is no longer in game.
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is something we'd like to do -- I was mentioning in another thread that it might not be available until we can get posting as your character@handle tech working (no ETA at this time). :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That is a pwe face plant witn shoes tied.....make us do this big switch before any of the tech was in place to transition smoothly, its a wonder such half ...Ed effort keeps this company in business. It is a customer relations nightmare that everyone glazed over without taking care of the subscriber. That has been Pwe M.O. sincd the whole F2P nightmare as a Lts I cannot wake up from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Instant email notification for subscriptions still busted ...
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    a language of positron...
    I know nothing of this species or civilization of "positrons" you refer to.

What language do these "positrons" speak?
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Quoting posts, and it not grabbing the correct post, is really driving me up the wall.

ps. Instant email notification for thread subscriptions still not working :P
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Ok I got it!

The white type on black background that hurts everyone's eyes is on purpose. This way we give up on browsing the forums thus creating less bug reports or threads about broken gameplay stuff!

Genius!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    ...still missing that TOP button at the bottom of the threads...

I know it's a piddly thing...but I'm a lazy forum reader, I find having to manually scroll back to the top, annoying....

:P
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ...still missing that TOP button at the bottom of the threads...

I know it's a piddly thing...but I'm a lazy forum reader, I find having to manually scroll back to the top, annoying....

:P

Well, my keyboard has a button for that ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Well, my keyboard has a button for that ;)

My browser also has a scroll bar. So there's another option. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    My browser also has a scroll bar. So there's another option. :)

Hey! Some of us like our buttons! :P
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited August 2012
    Here's one to add to the list:

There's no way to change how many posts per page you see.

Quite frankly, I hate only having to read 10 posts per page. It'd be much easier on me if that was 20, 25, or 50.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As this is back up here again.

Any chance of having in game mailbox and the PM mailbox here linked again. I used to really like seeing if anything had sold on the exchange from here at work.

Can we have this back. . . PLEASE!
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Support section no longer works for many people...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »

Quite frankly, I hate only having to read 10 posts per page. It'd be much easier on me if that was 20, 25, or 50.

Wait...,

What???

I have mine set to Thirty.
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited August 2012
    Wait...,

What???

How? I've looked literally everywhere in my control panel and never found anything to do this.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »

That one is already on the list.
    caliban149 wrote: »
    As this is back up here again.

Any chance of having in game mailbox and the PM mailbox here linked again. I used to really like seeing if anything had sold on the exchange from here at work.

Can we have this back. . . PLEASE!

Yes please, I like knowing the state of my exchange sales without having to go into the game.
    Wait...,

What???

What? How'd you do that?
This discussion has been closed.