test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problems with the new forums: A complete list.

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2012
    Update to the OP:
    62. STO and PWE RSS feeds are no longer separate. - FIXED [URL="feed://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=sto-news&feed=rss2"]feed://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=sto-news&feed=rss2[/URL]
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's easier to simply let people who harass and post spam go along their buissness...

A "Report" button sorta forces an obligation to do something, and without one, you can simply say "We didn know".
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think that's been here for a while.

It's been here since day one of the old forums, yes.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Update to the OP:Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yay! :D It's still being worked on!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Bleargh. This latest change makes it so every post looks like it was written by the person who wrote the next one.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Update to the OP:
    1. The white GUI on black background is garish and downright painful to look at. FIXED (text is now gray again)
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Brandon =/\=

not sure if like...
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Brandon =/\=

Really really glad I found this, thought I was having vision issues for a moment.

Better (White) or better (Silver)?
    Better (Gray) or better (DimGray)?
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I find the level of gray/grey unreadable; personally, I think the 'silver' in the previous post is better. That said, is there a user control panel option so we can set the default display color ourselves?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    nyasayanyasaya Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Good change. The white on a black background was too painful for my eyes.
    LEmWhkGA.gif
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Could you turn it up a bit? A bit brighter white would be nice.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Better? :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yes!

/10char
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I like it better then the previous shade of grey myself (can't speak for anyone else though.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Better! :D
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

As the Borg say, "Perfection!" :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Still not fixed making discussions all that much harder, and the forums useless for me ....
    65. None of the "Thread Subscription" types are functioning.
    They are as follows:
    *Instant email notification
    *Daily email notification
    *Weekly email notification
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ah..... I noticed it had gotten easier to read the forums... Thank you! :cool:
  • Options
    yellowalertyellowalert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Brandon =/\=

Can we get the option for black letters on a blueish background? Light colors on a dark background makes for bad reading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    DROP. DOWN. MENU.

:mad:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    This is more of a request than a problem, but Ten Forward says "Share Fan Art Here" but it doesn't have [IMG]BB Code turned on. :([/img]
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey guys I'm back!

Guess this is my new incarnation since I've just linked my STO account. I had to make a complete new PWE account in order to link, since the Cryptic link that was suppose to assist in the linking process is bugged to hell, lol.

Who am I you might say, well:

The Most Interesting Man

Formerly known as @BlackV7 - The guy with the Interesting Image holding the Duck lol.

Unfortunately; I am now known as stark2k, kinda suck.

This suck, my post count is back to 0, and I lost my original handle & image :(

By the way, when can I get to use my original image?

I have to get use to this new forum layout and its profile setting. So far its giving me a slight headache lol.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Tah-Dah!

Glad to have you back. ;) If you take a look at the first post you'll see that the forums used to be even worse. But we've had a lot of progress since then. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    hanover2 wrote: »
    DROP. DOWN. MENU.

And "STAY LOGGED IN." :mad:
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I posted this originally in the New STO Forums and Website Problems - Please list here thread and was directed to submit the info to Customer Support. I have no idea where to submit something to CS out-of-game, so I'm posting it here:

I seem to be having issues with the subscribed threads. I'll have to do more studying to be sure, but it seems like the UserCP is marking threads or posts read just because I've logged into the forums, not because I've actually read those posts.

Today, for instance, I went straight to the dev tracker (had to log in again, even though I am 100% positive I had clicked the "keep me logged in" button yesterday) and read some dev posts. I did some other stuff on the internet, then went to the main forum page. Clicked on UserCP, and only one thread showed up as unread. I clicked "show all subscribed threads", and several threads were marked as having been read, with posts from earlier today (during the period I was sleeping) even though I have not read the new posts.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    hanover2 wrote: »
    And "STAY LOGGED IN." :mad:

Rabble!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

• Options
    edited October 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    I have no idea where to submit something to CS out-of-game, so I'm posting it here:

The "Support" link at the top of every page on this site.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Uhm, Branflakes, I guess the web team might be working on the "STO Gateway" currently, but don't forget the forum is still not working properly.

You don't need to look far to see that:

Number 2 in the OP list, the buttons are still artifacty with white contours, as well as the smilies.

Or the dev tracker not showing the 2nd or later pages if using the links on the bottom of the screen.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    toiva wrote: »
    Uhm, Branflakes, I guess the web team might be working on the "STO Gateway" currently, but don't forget the forum is still not working properly.

You don't need to look far to see that:

Number 2 in the OP list, the buttons are still artifacty with white contours, as well as the smilies.

Or the dev tracker not showing the 2nd or later pages if using the links on the bottom of the screen.

Completely separate teams :) The Web Team here at PWE works on the site, and the Core/ Web Team at Cryptic works on the Gateway. We've got some announcements about some upcoming changes that will be happening soon to the forums, so stand by sensors :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    creamyzombiecreamyzombie Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Completely separate teams :) The Web Team here at PWE works on the site, and the Core/ Web Team at Cryptic works on the Gateway. We've got some announcements about some upcoming changes that will be happening soon to the forums, so stand by sensors :D

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ooooo! Sony Soon(tm) or Apple Soon?

Sony Soon(tm) was a general, in the future thing and Apple Soon is tomorrowish! Well, that's how I class it.
This discussion has been closed.