test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Great ZEN ripoff.

otheerozeotheeroze Member Posts: 4 Arc User
20 bucks now buys 1600 cryptic points not 2000. PWE is NOT getting a membership from me. I was considering it till this point.
Post edited by otheeroze on

Comments

• empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    it has always been this way. The math works out so it is the same it has always been.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • bmcc0ybmcc0y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You do realize that the c-store is also going to scale, so essentially if it used to cost $25 before, then it will cost $25 still, the only change is that fictional number (zen vs cpoints).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Original Handle: xianfa
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2012
    $1 = 100 Zen
    $1 = 80 CP
    80 Zen = 100 CP

2000 Zen = 1600 CP = $20

You loose nothing in the conversion :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There is no rip-off, the end values are the same.

Let's say you wanted to buy 2000 C-store points. With the old C-store, it was a simple click of the $25 button.

With Zen, in order to get 2000 C-store points, you have to buy 2000 Zen ($20, which converts to 1600 C-store) and another 500 Zen ($5, which converts to 400 C-store).

So there you go, same ammount for the same cost.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    $20 ALWYAS bought 1600 C-points. Cryptic used the same scale that Microsoft does - 80 points on the dollar. There's several likely reasons for this, the simplest and most likely being that they were owned by Atari, who uses 80 on the dollar for their digital currency. Others include abandoned plans for Xbox 360 versions of STO and CO, and the same marketing trick that led Microsoft and Atari to chose 80 on the dollar instead of 100 on the dollar like Sony or Nintendo.
  • sotaudisotaudi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As Brandon and the others have stated, there is no rip off.

C-Points were sold at 80 C-Points for $1.
    Zen sells for 100 Zen for $1.
    C-Points convert to Zen (and vice-versa) at 80 C-Points for 100 Zen.

That means that $1 = $1.

Thus, $20 = 2000 Zen, 2000 Zen = 1600 C-Points, and you get 1600 C-Points for $20.

Thus, something that cost you $20 before will cost you $20 after the Zen conversion, it will just look like the price changed because it will list for 2000 Zen instead of 1600 C-Points.

People keep complaining about this, and it is always the same answer, proving once again that 5 out of 4 people have problems with ratios.
  • capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    really how hard is it to read or understand this by now? or that in a short while it is going to be zen and no longer c points at all?:confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would love to have 80 CP (or 100 Zen) for everyone who thinks there is a conversion loss. :)

For the record, 3 out of 4 accounts have been merged since day 1 of the merger back in December. I have NEVER EVER lost any Real World Currency / C Points / Zen from this. Anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't understand the simple math that Brandon displayed above.

Bottom line is that $1 US gets you the $1 C Point/Zen worth of product.

Matt
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    $1 = 100 Zen
    $1 = 80 CP
    80 Zen = 100 CP

2000 Zen = 1600 CP = $20

You loose nothing in the conversion :When do the
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

When does the customer get a break? We are forced to convert fo a new currency, but we do not get the benefit of the of the conversion? Once again inconvenience the customer and do not give them any benefit or incentive to this forced move that no one wants......

Now we have to load zen onto our account......more inconvenience passed on to the customer without any incentive?
    As a customer loyalty bonus we should get the conversion benefit as customer loyalty bonus for the nightmare that the sto community has had to endure with no warning and sub standard forums and business practices that have taken place where the rug has been pulled out from under us.

The forums need to be corrected to show our account name and original join date

Maybe pwe has never heard of take care of the customer? Or they will be out business......

Poor treatment of customers and a lack of ethics, bait and switch type business practices turns into complaints to the attorney generals office in which fines and damages are levied, and denial of operating privileges occur. Something to think about. A consumer only has to show the intent to defraud by the preponderance of the evidence, and pwe is making a great case for the community.

So the moral of the story is do right by you customers, do not be the idiots that makes case law for being to short sided to communicate and compensate your customer for mis management of their accounts without giving people who have made a payment for a service that they resonably thought the quality would not decline or be inconvenienced by any poor planned transition

This has been a public service message from the common sense fairy
    Thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Go for it, nobody's stopping you. I love it when the legal system gets clogged up by "concerned citizens".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • vesphavespha Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I laugh that so many people choose to show thier mathematical prowness, but it really wasn't needed. Before you had to merge , you could chose a Cryptic account or a PWE account. Both used different prices for Zen/C-point ratio. If you had a Crpytic account you received more c-points for your money vs Zen/C-point conversion. The people you see here QQing are the people who had Cryptic accounts. Thankyou
    "We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
    edited July 2012
    When does the customer get a break? We are forced to convert fo a new currency, but we do not get the benefit of the of the conversion? Once again inconvenience the customer and do not give them any benefit or incentive to this forced move that no one wants......

What hidden benefit are you missing? It is already just Zen on tribble, the conversion thing is temporary, just deal with it or wait. It will be one thing to purchase without a conversion again soon enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
    edited July 2012
    Go for it, nobody's stopping you. I love it when the legal system gets clogged up by "concerned citizens".

"Your Honor, I'm suing because they are giving me the exact same amount of game currency I bought in the past, but I have to buy a different type of currency first that has the exact same real world monetary value first and then convert it to the old currency that still has the exact same value it did before. And your Honor, I only have to do this for a limited time because they are removing the old currency in a short while." "Yes, I'm serious your Honor." "No I haven't had it examined." ........ is pretty much how I'd see a case like that going...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    otheeroze wrote: »
    20 bucks now buys 1600 cryptic points not 2000. PWE is NOT getting a membership from me. I was considering it till this point.

Another example of someone who doesn't do the math, then looks like an idiot on the forum.
    :eek:
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sotaudi wrote: »
    People keep complaining about this, and it is always the same answer, proving once again that 5 out of 4 people have problems with ratios.

:rolleyes: I see what you did there ;)

And to further the later point about "bonus" for moving to zen - if you buy in bulk you get free zen. something that you didnt get in the cpoint days. 5000 zen ($50) gets you a free 300 zen ($3) for doing nothing different. Also PWE has regular zen sales where you can get an extra 15% zen for free. This would give you an extra 750 zen ($7.50) giving you a total of $10.50 free zen when you spend $50 at the right time. Now tell me free money isn't an incentive?

oh and wether you purchased cpoints directly from cryptic or converted zen to cpoints via PWE. $1 = $1. $1 at cryptic got you 80cpoints. $1 at PW got you 100zen which converted to 80cpoints when transferred to STO. In fact PW gave you more because as stated above you got extra free zen when buying bulk (even outside sales) so while $50 would have got you 4000cpoints from cryptic, PW gave you 4240cpoints for the same purchase
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    vespha wrote: »
    I laugh that so many people choose to show thier mathematical prowness, but it really wasn't needed. Before you had to merge , you could chose a Cryptic account or a PWE account. Both used different prices for Zen/C-point ratio.
    No, they didn't. If you had a Cryptic account, you got CP at 80 on the dollar directly and couldn't buy Zen. If you had a PWE account, you got Zen 100 on the dollar and traded it 100 for 80 to CP, making it 80 on the dollar.
    If you had a Crpytic account you received more c-points for your money vs Zen/C-point conversion.

No, you didn't. Other way around, actually, since at times PWE had bulk discounts on Zen which Cryptic has never offered, and sales on Zen which Cryptic has only offered a very few times and not recently (Cryptic sales instead giving reduced item prices instead of reduced point prices/bonus points).
    The people you see here QQing are the people who had Cryptic accounts. Thankyou

It's hard to tell now since the forum merger wiped out everyone's original join dates, but before the merger, most of them were people who didn't have Cryptic accounts - they only had PWE accounts and weren't aware that STO/CO use a different point scale than other PWE games.

There were a couple notable exceptions, who were good enough to show all their math and disprove their own QQ, yet still soldiered on with that post button, bless their hearts.
    edited July 2012
    Free money doesn't jive when it's in zen. 5 out of 4 people agree with this.

/me puts on some sex panther.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    vespha wrote: »
    I laugh that so many people choose to show thier mathematical prowness, but it really wasn't needed. Before you had to merge , you could chose a Cryptic account or a PWE account. Both used different prices for Zen/C-point ratio. If you had a Crpytic account you received more c-points for your money vs Zen/C-point conversion. The people you see here QQing are the people who had Cryptic accounts. Thankyou

This is completely and utterly wrong. The people QQing are the ones who can't do math.

It has ALWAYS been $25 for 2000 C-Points, starting September 2009.
    edited July 2012
    capnbludd wrote: »
    "Your Honor, I'm suing because they are giving me the exact same amount of game currency I bought in the past, but I have to buy a different type of currency first that has the exact same real world monetary value first and then convert it to the old currency that still has the exact same value it did before. And your Honor, I only have to do this for a limited time because they are removing the old currency in a short while." "Yes, I'm serious your Honor." "No I haven't had it examined." ........ is pretty much how I'd see a case like that going...

"I've been presiding over consumer fraud cases for over 90 years and never have I seen such a blatant disregard for the sanctity of electronic game currency purchases as foul as this monstrosity called a Zen purchasing scheme.

How dare they charge you the exact same amount of game currency you bought in the past and now forcing you to buy a different current first that has the exact real world monetary value first and then have to convert it to the old currency that still has the exact same value it did before.

Time to throw the book at these heretics. PWE, you are fined every last cent you have and your first born child. The fined amounts will be used to create a super version of the old Cryptic forums. But now with triple the amounts of freedom and democracy! And electrolytes!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brokenmirror2012brokenmirror2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4300911#post4300911

My post on PWE's Zen. Shows clearly ur not losing any money. at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Math, how does it work.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    1) It keeps a purchase history
    2) You get 100 Zen for $1.00 USD. Pretty easy to see the real cost of an item (thus, that 2000 CP Armitage or Atrox Carrier is actually $25) -- also, the Cryptic Store is being converted over to zen in Season 6 so all prices (and stipends) will be in that currency.
    3) You get bonus zen when buying large amounts (Cryptic Points didn't have bulk discounts)
    4) For those that want to play STO without ever giving Perfect World one cent, there are many offers that allow you to get free zen.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd say I'm surprised people still don't understand this, but I would be lying.
  • thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Since you've been proven wrong, be a man (or a woman, I don't want to discriminate) and change the title to something a bit less offensive.
  • morgansmithmorgansmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just bought C-points. had to spend 30 dollars in order to get the 2000 i needed for my ship. Granted now I have a few extra points to spend in game but that is not the point. Why should I have to do 2 transactions on my credit card?
    [SIGPIC]stats of my ship coming soon[/SIGPIC]
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    because thats what is available. cryptic had similar stepped purchases. Personally i wait until I am going to buy 5000 zen to get the 300 zen bonus. Meantime I can be building up dil to convert also.
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just bought C-points. had to spend 30 dollars in order to get the 2000 i needed for my ship. Granted now I have a few extra points to spend in game but that is not the point. Why should I have to do 2 transactions on my credit card?

Perfect World sells zen in $5, $10, $20, $30, and $50 increments.

Previously, Cryptic only sold C-Points in $6.25, $12.50, $18.75, $25, and $62.50 increments.

The ship costs $25...
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • zardonfarzardonfar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I find it funny that no one has mention the daily 8k dilithium conversion being increased. I would have assumed that it was 8k because 80cp = 1.. Shouldn't the conversion be increased to 10k? Just idle speculation....
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    $1 = 100 Zen
    $1 = 80 CP
    80 Zen = 100 CP

2000 Zen = 1600 CP = $20

You loose nothing in the conversion :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Awww man, and here I was hoping Cryptic would forget the conversion when they went from C to Z.... 2000 Cps for Oddy -> 2000 Zen for Oddy. ;)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.