Options

New Lifetime Subscriber Perk (NW Beta*)

Comments

• Options
    kuwayuokuwayuo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Well this is neat. I'll take it.

But, can the next one actually be something in STO? Like a free borgified ship skin that compliments the look of the Borg set? Or a Vulcan/Orion Love Slave pet I can run around with on ESD/First City that dances when not running?

I am thinking in the same way as borg i could have an arm gun blast attached to by looking how deep was ashley. they disable the neate which is premently mounted and a of coarse a pod in captians quarters and borg technology thru out the interior since ashley. as for neverwinter i am not sure
  • Options
    ameriousamerious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Perhaps not a Star Wars related perk but kind of a neat one. I was curious about the game and how it will compete with the new stuff out, this could be fun!

Ugg...especially as it seems now that I've had to combine my Star Trek account with my unused Perfect World account and lost my signatures, post counts and other nifty things...
    This space reserved for moments of sanity!
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hmm intresting
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    To be blunt, this is the dumbest offer I have ever seen. A perk to a lifetime game membership is access to testing another game. I will pass on this and wait for a perk that goes with the game I bought the LTS for. :P
  • Options
    themuilothemuilo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Beta access is always appealing. But, I guess this wont be the only method to gain beta access to Neverwinter making it a bit poor as a perk. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How about something to replace the.. you know ''no monthly fees'' perk, after all, nobody pays monthly fees anymore now, so that perk is kinda, you know, empty, vaporized, gone.

Without the ''no monthly fees'' LTS is hardly worth even the price it was in sale a few days ago.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How about something to replace the.. you know ''no monthly fees'' perk, after all, nobody pays monthly fees anymore now, so that perk is kinda, you know, empty, vaporized, gone.

Without the ''no monthly fees'' LTS is hardly worth even the price it was in sale a few days ago.

So keeping gold status and perks as part of the LTS without paying monthly fees does not qualify as an LTS perk?

TBH, I'm not entirely sure if your post was serious.
    Thing is though that subscribers period be they monthly or lifetime, don't get much value for their money compared to before F2P.

Now if all C-Store ships were FREE for subscribers, while they were subscribed, that would give being subscribed a very high value.(if they stopped subscribing they would be unable to use said ships)
    They have a similar system in Champions Online already, where gold members get access to certain premium content at no extra cost.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    captainstevetngcaptainstevetng Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's free stuff for people who already went LTS. So really there is no need to wine about it. Its free, it's not that big of a deal, and they didn't have to do it. It's also not the sole basis for getting an LTS.....
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    defalus wrote: »
    So keeping gold status and perks as part of the LTS without paying monthly fees does not qualify as an LTS perk?

TBH, I'm not entirely sure if your post was serious.

As serious as it's ever going to get.

I have no motivation to get LTS, surely a customer seeing no reason to get something isn't something good.

While I admit the thought of it still being gold did not immediately cross my mind, it's still very meager to my eyes.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    kirkepsilon1kirkepsilon1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    First of all let me say I do understand some what people have said in here about this topic but remember they didn't have to do this at all not even for LTS and I know it seems unfair but am a lifer so I think its great am getting the opportunity to test this game.

Speaking of that Branflakes do you have a time scale as to when those of us who are lifers will be getting their invites for Neverwinter am like little child on christmas eve waiting to see what I will get on Xmas day :P and I can't wait for this closed beta invite for I am champing at the bit to get in and test this baby :D.
  • Options
    mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd still rather have something USEFUL. Perhaps something like a single lock box key with the monthly stipend so the HUNDREDS of lock boxes cluttering my inventory and bank don't sit unused for YEARS. I don't think that one key per mo as an actual PERK for lifers is asking too much. Keeping in mind that most drops from green lock boxes will be cr@p. I'd much prefer this over things like dancing monkies or costume pieces I'll probably never use. Y'know an actual one in a billion chance of getting one of the "chase" items out of the lock boxes, or at least a few rares / very rares.

But, that's just me. And, of course it presupposes that despite Ferengi lock boxes going away they'll probably roll out some NEW lock box nobody much cares about...

Anywho, just another Lifer grumbling... :P

Ohh, and frankly, some of us don't have enough time to be playing ONE MMO + Tribble, let alone two MMOs. I'd rather just get USEFUL things in the game I PAID TO PLAY, so I can have fun in THIS game.
  • Options
    omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wish they would give actual perks for the game for both liftime and gold member.
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • Options
    mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Guess my invite got lost in the mail. On the ball as usual, Cryptic. And what ever happened with the Facebook contest??
  • Options
    brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have no motivation to get LTS, surely a customer seeing no reason to get something isn't something good.

I have no reason to order 95% of the things on the Starbucks menu. It doesn't mean they are wrong to offer them.

I kinda liked Crystal Pepsi, but not a whole lot. :P Most people didn't or they'd still make it. Crystal Pepsi is like the Matrix Online.

Part of consumer choice includes the possibility of having choices an individual consumer does not want. If you want something different, that's the feedback a business will consider. But there's no reason to take "electronic access configuration #3" off the menu, it's not taking up shelf space in the back. And it speaks louder if they remove it than if they don't. It'll probably be on the menu until 90 days before the game shuts down. ;)
    =/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I believe the complaints aren't about getting extras. Nobody cares about extras, but it's the perception of how LTS is being treated.

If the LTS was already considered worthwhile, then stuff like this would be shrugged off as a minor perk on top of an already good purchase. Nobody would complain because they're already satisfied with their purchase.

However, a LTS is generally considered to not be worth the purchase - you get more by going Gold and just buying Zen. Since they are dissatisfied with their LTS, and are already complaining they should have more, when the "more" is worthless (in the context of STO) it is seen as insulting. "We complain we didn't get enough for our money, and you reply by trying to get us to play another game?!"
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I wish they would give actual perks for the game for both liftime and gold member.

They can't do that it might void there faustian contract:P
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    darkjeff wrote: »
    I believe the complaints aren't about getting extras. Nobody cares about extras, but it's the perception of how LTS is being treated.

If the LTS was already considered worthwhile, then stuff like this would be shrugged off as a minor perk on top of an already good purchase. Nobody would complain because they're already satisfied with their purchase.

However, a LTS is generally considered to not be worth the purchase - you get more by going Gold and just buying Zen. Since they are dissatisfied with their LTS, and are already complaining they should have more, when the "more" is worthless (in the context of STO) it is seen as insulting. "We complain we didn't get enough for our money, and you reply by trying to get us to play another game?!"

I would be thrilled with sto perks, beta to another crypic game is a throw away prize, thanks, but you could of just sent me some toilet paper......more useful than another perfect world game access.

My LTS subscription basically sits and allows me to wait a life time for some new content,
    Or to be charged for a season release like fleet modules.....that was never supposed to happen, or to eliminate multiple currencies that turned into eliminate most in game currencies to only replace them with multiple real money currencies.

Sometimes the incompetence and deceptions are astounding...... My managament style is say what you do,and do what you say, stay ahead of the game, and not drop the ball or be dragged behind it by my legs..........but cryptic has brought consumer confidence to an unacceptable Star Trek low.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    brackynews wrote: »
    I kinda liked Crystal Pepsi, but not a whole lot. :P Most people didn't or they'd still make it. Crystal Pepsi is like the Matrix Online.

HEY! I LIKED MxO, AND Crystal Pepsi!

Seriously though, I couldn't say NOW if LTS is worth the price, I really can't comment on that. When *I* pruchased my LTS, at launch, it was most certainly worth the money. Now here we are 2.5 years later, and to ME it's still worth the money because it has paid for itself long ago, and now I am getting my $5 a month worth of Z-points for free. Also to me the beta is a nice bonus, even though there is no word on when it will go to beta yet.
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • Options
    toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am getting my $5 a month worth of Z-points for free.

I'm not gonna get my stipend until around the 10th, but I'm assuming that you've gotten yours since they switched to Zen. Did you get 400 Zen or 500?
    2rbz410.jpg
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The biggest perk to it is where you get things for each character like respec tokens where its around 500 some zen can't remember exact price so if say you have 15-30 characters that would roughly translate to 7500-15000 zen worth $75-$150 worth so once you've gotten respec tokens 2-4 times like that depending on characters you've gotten your money back not to mention the monthly fee's worth after 13 months.

It's mostly a combination of items and stipend so basically its not like you are getting a sudden burst of game wealth but its an investment for playing for a long period of time more than anything else.

Although I would never turn down more free stuff though.
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So when are we getting the neverwinter beta invites?

Varrvarr: formerly Varrangian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    varrvarr wrote: »
    So when are we getting the neverwinter beta invites?

Varrvarr: formerly Varrangian

They haven't announced a start date for beta yet, so there's nothing to invite us to. Remember, PWE decided to make it an MMO instead of a cooperative RPG, so they had to push the whole development schedule back.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    They haven't announced a start date for beta yet, so there's nothing to invite us to. Remember, PWE decided to make it an MMO instead of a cooperative RPG, so they had to push the whole development schedule back.

While I understand that, I also know that when I go to the Neverwinter site there is a big "access beta" button when I login, so I'm pretty closed beta is either going on or right around the corner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So, any word on when we might get sent keys? Announcement was a month or two ago now...

When can we expect keys to be sent out? How do keys get distributed? By lottery? Will EVERYone get a key? If not, it's not much of a "perk" now, is it? If I'm going to get a key I'd rather it was sooner rather than later, before my interest wanes completely... Would hate to get a key in a few months after any possible excitement might have worn off and be like "what the heck is this?? blah!"

Anyway, recently started playing a few other MMOs. Ai0n is pretty cool (WTF PWE? Censoring all reference to other MMOs? Or just that one? Grow up! @i0n, ai0n, a!on, so there! =oP Also played Jade Dynasty, might try out DDO, Cabal, Lineage 2, but I primarily play STO... Mainly just trying the other stuff 'cause I upgraded my video card and want to see the state of the MMO world *shrug*). Wouldn't mind testing out Neverwinter. Any updates on when this might happen? Kind of annoying to hop over to neverwinter, click excitedly on "access beta" and then get denied access and a beg screen for an as-yet non-existent 'key.' Seems like people shouldn't even be able to see NW unless they're actually able to access it. For instance by entering a redemption key into their Account area, which 'unlocks' NW visibility and usability. Seems silly to 'show' things that most people don't / won't have access to if they click on it...

Just my 2c. And for others who say it's probably not even up and running yet, well, fine. But I say this. If that's the case, why announce a perk you're not even ready to start giving out? That's just vaporware... What good is announcing a perk that might not start for 3 mos, or for that matter 3 years?

So, 1) when is NW Beta going live? 2) When will keys start going out? 3) will keys be given out all at once or as some kind of 'lottery' where people may or may not ever get 'picked' or some people may have to wait an exorbitantly long time.

I mean, I'd assume that if everyone will be getting keys, then keys should all go out relatively quickly to everyone. As opposed to something more haphazard like a lottery...

~MG
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So... the "quasi-perk" for playing STO as a paying customer really isn't since it is still sitting in production?

Cryptic/PWE, I recommend not announcing things until you actually have something to show.

Also... how about a real perk for STO Lifetime/Gold players that is actually in STO (beyond the 500 zen pacifier... aka rebate).
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lol link=broken altho i think i got 404'rd by links hot girlfriend......
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ya!!!!....... im sooo happy i will get a beta invite for a game i do not care to play come on now a beta invite really ...........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    blunted74blunted74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We are happy to announce that all Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscribers will be gaining access to the Neverwinter Closed Beta test*. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

That's not exactly a perk. The closed beta is only limited time and then it disappears. Also, if you want me to sub for life, give me benefits that affect this game, not another.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    blunted74 wrote: »
    That's not exactly a perk. The closed beta is only limited time and then it disappears. Also, if you want me to sub for life, give me benefits that affect this game, not another.

100000000% agree with you no beta invite on this planet is worth 300$
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.