test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Linking Your Accounts

Comments

• illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2012
    I solved the 'bad password/username' problem with trying to link the accounts.

Basically the system is lying when it says 'log in with your cryptic information and then link your PWE account'- what you actually have to do is the reverse. Lg in with your PWE account on STO's site, and then link your Cryptic Account. The latter works. The former... notsomuch.
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I strongly disapprove this forced change. :mad:

thefactthatyoucantuseanythingbutlowercaselettersinyourhandleisridiculous
  • rhysdeltarhysdelta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There are no Star Trek Online RSS feeds meaning that my fleet cannot post the latest news via the bot since it will post all of PWE's games when we dont have an interest in them.
    Rhys Delta
    Head of Technical Services
    TaskForce Atlantis
    www.taskforceatlantis.com
    STO Forums Join Date: August 2009
  • moody83moody83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Perfectworld:
    My wallet has just put you on indefinite probation!!!!
  • morganusmikarumorganusmikaru Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just want my user name back.

I don't like being told it can't be changed when I know it can.

I also don't like being told to just make a new account just to post on the forums.

If I pay this company money every month. They are more than capable of going in and changing my name. It's not even a difficult computer operation, especially since It won't effect my STO information since that's tied to my STO @Handel.
    The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have to admit, I'm disappointed by this move as well, And why can't we use our own avatars anymore?
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    well i did mention this would become mandatory a moth back in a forum post, but people said "no way i cant see that happening" and now........here it is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The perfect world support team can give some instructions, but not useful at all.

You can't unlink you account to choose another one to link and correct any mystaken. :mad:

You can't change the forum display. If the system gived to you something, you have to use this to end. :mad:

They can't do anything, only reset you PW account to get the Crypt account linking reward, if you have a bug. OR reset your Crypt account. Just reset your password, nothing more. Really, this is umber-stupid. This is support? No, really... :mad:

And about the Crypt team, I get no answer about the character transfer to the Test Server because the account link problems. :mad:
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes. and I WANT to change my display name/forum name. WHERE CAN I DO THIS?

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this. We've added this to the FAQ.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

From my support ticket:
    Thank you for writing to us! Your Perfect World @handle (Display Name) will now display in the game forums, although your original Cryptic @handle will still display in game. We are unable to change your display name.

I call BS on this, If I managed to get an offensive name, you can be damn sure they'd be able to change it.

They just can't be bothered.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • eirescuchulaineirescuchulain Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am very, very pissed off at loosing my @handle,

liked my 'seraphs'

whoever has it.....grrrrrrrrrr
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am very, very pissed off at loosing my @handle,

liked my 'seraphs'

whoever has it.....grrrrrrrrrr

It might be you...
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • shiynushiynu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ok this is the typical Bull**** I am seeing from PWE. So I?m being forced to link, ok, but when I do it wants me to link to my sons free to play account because he has used my e-mail. After reading all the post here and on 5 other web sites and 3 other forums it seems "PWE" does not give a "DAM" about growing are having a built loyal member base! This is very upsetting because I am a Lifer and have been from the moment I started this game. I felt that PWE was going to be a step in a positive direction for Cryptic away from the Atari stupid actions. But I have to take a big giant bite and now you?re making us all swallow it.

If I create a new account it will not give me the option to link to it because the e-mail is not the same??? I am not getting to re make or re use my in game name because it is already taken??? Here is my main question, Have I just wasted all my years in this game to have you take my identity and fun in the game as well as time for you to make me have to build myself all over on the forums and in the game??? You?re going to force us to do what you want and not make it easy??? This is beyond anger frustration its past "PIST" it's a game... You are making it not fun not enjoyable not doable to go on with!!! I know integration of code and tech this is not the way to go let alone there is no for warning (where is the dam communication with your member base) so we are treated like absolute garbage.
    I want my game name! (I have used that name in every game I have played from the early 90?s)
    We need you to communicate and plan better (this is a blatant disregard for a established community and member base)
    We need to have a sliver of trust in the PERFECT WORLD STAFF AND MANAGEMENT!
    Just take a look at basic business principles and you will see the way you are treating us and acting towards us is as if you just don?t care.
    Feeling amongst us all. PWE
    ?THEY WILL GET OVER IT THERE ALL SHEEP THEY EITHER DO AS WE WANT OR THEY GO AWAY. BESIDES THEY WILL BE REPLACED AND WE WILL HAVE LOST NOTHING?
    Honestly that is the general feeling here and its sad.
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    :mad:This is horrible I hate the pw forums so disappointed, we can not Cary over user names icons I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under us.......this is a huge face plant on asphalt.......the cryptic stuff was so much better and we did not have to ever change our whole account before:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Perfect World is just trying to get us to play their other games.
  • kawtipping2kawtipping2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hanix1986 wrote: »
    Thanks for being a **** who can't read.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=569601

Right in there, in the original news story, it states that those who had already linked will get this as well. So, now, to the people who can actually help me; how can I resolve this issue of not being able to find the reward in the C-Store. I looked in items and it is not there. So, if you could please help me figure this out.

If someone else answered this already, I am sorry. I know the answer because I was doing the same thing that you were as well.

• shiynushiynu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    :mad:This is horrible I hate the pw forums so disappointed, we can not Cary over user names icons I feel like the rug has been pulled out from under us.......this is a huge face plant on asphalt.......the cryptic stuff was so much better and we did not have to ever change our whole account before:mad:

1 more thing guess I cant buy any "ZEN" so they now don't get my money flat out Stupid!
  • pillslingerpillslinger Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    How much does anyone wanna bet that on the next interview we see from any cryptic staff member, the website changes will be talked about, and they will talk about how the player base loves them so much? :rolleyes: You know they will. Even though damn near everyone hates it. I still think PW owes us all an apology for not at least warning us and telling us pertinent info ahead of time.
  • sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    mjaymor78 wrote: »
    Perfect World is just trying to get us to play their other games.
    That ain't gonna happen. Why would I want to play junk.
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
  • lorddave997lorddave997 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is a test because I have no idea what my name is now.

I have @lorddave, a name up top that says lorddave997 which isn't the login for PWE that I use anyway.

This is really confusing.

Ah there we go. It's using a name that is a junk account I created. yay.

So my old posts are all inaccessible or gone?
  • xuamatxuamat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is kinda funny.:biggrin:
  • lorddave997lorddave997 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    xuamat wrote: »
    This is kinda funny.:biggrin:

What is that we're all forced to link to a large account type of PWE even if we don't want to, have brand new forum names so we have to figure out who is who again (and without previous post counts) AND god help us if PWE get's it's account info TRIBBLE. You know, like Blizzard. Hack WoW, get Diablo 3.
  • strykervalmontstrykervalmont Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hey Cryptic Team,

I've been here since Open Beta, I'm a gold member and I seen nothing in the FAQ or the boards about the C-Points we earn for being gold members. I was just wondering if that will continue.

On a side note, I don't really care for the way you handled account linking but STO gets better everyday. Great work guys.

Fleet Admiral
    Napolean "Stryker" Valmont
    Battle Group MaYHeM
    www.battlegroupMaYHeM.bravesites.com
  • pillslingerpillslinger Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That is a good question, do we still get our stipend or is that being taken also? :eek:
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That is a good question, do we still get our stipend or is that being taken also? :eek:

i am still waiting for my first months worth :frown:
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It tends to be intermittant.

Especially when they keep accidentally dropping my account from active. This resets my stipend date every time until I catch them. :mad:

Hopefully the new management will correct that.
  • badtrekbadtrek Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I was forced to change my display name, I am so sad now...
  • cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Finally got my account to work. Yay, i think? :mad:
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Same here, my old password was too strong for PWE's system. So, it got shorten.
    Finally got my account to work. Yay, i think? :mad:
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • landerx74927landerx74927 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah.. Will we still get out stipend every month? And will it be Cryptic Points or Zen?
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well the deed is done. Now I'll just need to confirm my game logins work properly for STO and CO. Everything appears to be correct from the website side of things.