What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Linking Your Accounts

Comments

• Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is what mine says, hence my grumpiness about this mess.

right shows me too but if i lock in then it has the right Nr. of Days soon 800 for me
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Subscriptions
    Subscribed For: 0 Day
    Create / Manage Subscriptions

Yea it says 0 days for me, But if its still in progress, I guess just a little bit more waiting?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
  • Options
    tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nyiad wrote: »
    So why did we lose everything we had technically....we are all fresh 2012'ers now and we lost most of our original names.....and the huge downgrade for STO site and the many flaws in it are making me sad... :frown: :tongue: :frown:

I hate that as well, it seems that if someone had your display/login name on one of the existing PWE games, your out of luck and have to pick something else. At lease I did, Yumene was taken as a display name for PWE. =\

Edit: I did find it another way, under manage subscriptions, but it's under the cryptic site, not PWE:

Star Trek Online
    Type: Lifetime
    Subscribed For: 570 days

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
  • Options
    pureleadheadpureleadhead Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Subscriptions
    Subscribed For: 0 Day
    Create / Manage Subscriptions

Yea it says 0 days for me, But if its still in progress, I guess just a little bit more waiting?

I guess, it would be nice if they would comment on this, because if it's a reset for us on our vet rewards, that's a major screwup.
    [Insert Clever Signature Here]
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    from this Forum

Click on My Account
    then Create / Manage Subscriptions
    then login and it shows the right Nr.

Star Trek Online
    Subscribed For: 777 days

Champions Online

Cryptic = PWE now
    there is no Crypic Side anymore its all PWE
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    pureleadheadpureleadhead Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ussberlin wrote: »
    from this Forum

Click on My Account
    then Create / Manage Subscriptions
    then login and it shows the right Nr.

Star Trek Online
    Subscribed For: 777 days

Champions Online

Cryptic = PWE now
    there is no Crypic Side anymore its all PWE

Yay! That's one thing fixed! Now I can stop sounding like a grouch. :) *Hint, Hint* add that to the FAQ's.

Thanks for the assist, ussberlin.
    [Insert Clever Signature Here]
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2012
    Yay, the site looks terrible, I've lost my characters, cryptic points and username... Let's celebrate the good times...
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    thehiddenthehidden Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just linked accounts and now I can not even log into STO anymore. Been trying for over an hour using every combo of PWE and Cryptic login and password I could think of. Tried both radio buttons using both logins and mixing their passwords, and vise versa. Nothing. I am still searching for a solution. Oh bloody darn it!
    Joined STO 20091001. Started playing STO 20120303. Yup, waited 2.5 years for them to go free-to-play. ; Christian, Borg, Time Lord, ninja! I am that hero!
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I recently linked my Cryptic Account to my very old PWE account. Unknown to me at the time my PWE account had my old work e-mail address. I haven't worked there since December of last year and thus I no longer have that address. When I try to change my e-mail address though it sends a verification e-mail to the e-mail that I don't have so I can't verify the change. And now they have added a verification to the game login requiring a code sent to the e-mail I don't have so I am effectively locked out of a game I have a lifetime subscription to. I am not a happy camper at all.
  • Options
    rhodan5rhodan5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I goofed up, I did not read all the directions. I went back and read all the directions, and found out that I did not have link up, because I already have a pwe account, and I do not get the link up bonus. :(
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, I took the plunge, and linked my account. Everything appears to be in order, though I had to change my Display Name (PatricianVetinari was too many characters...). I even got my promo gift.

Swell. I've been assimilated. :rolleyes:

The forums still look cheap/bad, but whatever... :smile:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    thehiddenthehidden Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I gave it a crack and was finally able to log in for the first time since the link earlier today (my post was about 12h ago). Got on and was happy. Did not even know about the promotion thing going on, so a nice surprise to see I was able to get that. Logged out. But now, can not get back in. Again saying my name or password is invalid. Come on!
    Joined STO 20091001. Started playing STO 20120303. Yup, waited 2.5 years for them to go free-to-play. ; Christian, Borg, Time Lord, ninja! I am that hero!
  • Options
    kakarot069kakarot069 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    rhodan5 wrote: »
    I goofed up, I did not read all the directions. I went back and read all the directions, and found out that I did not have link up, because I already have a pwe account, and I do not get the link up bonus. :(

:mad: well, then i guess im not the only one who got screwed over :mad:

:(
  • Options
    kaiserhawk16kaiserhawk16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Whoever designed this system needs to read up on a thing called convenience.

1) Lost my original screen name, no biggie I'll add a few different numbers at the end, but still annoying

2) Why in the name of all that is holy would I need 2 DIFFERENT NAMES to register an account?

Two

Different

Names!

3) Why not just use the details had from Cryptic's account server.

Revise your system. If you're going to force us to do something please at least make it convenient.
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How do you change the forum title? Or did I miss it somewhere?

And I mean the LTS forum title btw.

Edit: nvm. Found it in the oddest place.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    sevenbitbrian7sevenbitbrian7 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So I linked my accounts. I can now log into the websites, account management, and forums. I use the same credentials for the game and it tells me it's wrong. I use old credentials, tells me to use the PWE new ones.

So I view forums but I cant actually play the damn games.

GG
  • Options
    ihaterickybobby1ihaterickybobby1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    can somebody help me, it wont let me log onto my cryptic account to link them, everytime i try it tell me user info is wrong.. i know it right so just for the hell of it i went cryptic webside and reset my ps still cant log in to link
  • Options
    stonefyrestonefyre Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I linked up my Cryptic and PWE accounts a week or two ago and everything seemed OK. I had to pick a new, different login name and forum handle, but I got my incentive package on my main character and I can login with the new PWE login name and play all of my characters. My forum handle also has access to the 'Career Officer' title. I thought all was good.

Then I decided I would buy some "Zen" for my account, but when I went to the STO "Purchase ZEN" page I noticed that my account was listed as active for zero days and the status was "Inactive". Furthermore, when I'm in the forum the status in the upper right corner, above the posts below the ad, says "Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0". That used to link to my in game mail before the forum change and I definitely have mail in my in game mail.

What gives, is my account linked properly or not. Are others in this limbo, half way linked status or is it just me? I held off on buying any ZEN, just seemed too risky.

EDIT: Apparently the days active and status was related to the game being down, because now its displaying the correct values. The "Private Messages" issue is still present, but that could just be a feature of the new forums. Does anyone else have that problem?
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    A friend of mine just tried to link his accounts so he can get on Tribble for the testing weekend. He put in his birthdate (year 1965) and he keeps getting the message that, "We're sorry we cannot provide service to someone under the age of 13". Does this have to do with the fact that when the new forums launched the date was 1969? If so how does he fix it?
  • Options
    sevenbitbrian7sevenbitbrian7 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Still can't log into this game or Champions Online after linking my accounts. yes I am selecting Perfect World, yes I am entering the right information, its the same thing that lets me log in here. But it tells me it's wrong when I try to log into the game.

Kind of hard to spend money on a game I can't play Perfect World. WTF!?
  • Options
    darkenzeddarkenzed Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Still can't log into this game or Champions Online after linking my accounts. yes I am selecting Perfect World, yes I am entering the right information, its the same thing that lets me log in here. But it tells me it's wrong when I try to log into the game.

Kind of hard to spend money on a game I can't play Perfect World. WTF!?

How long is your password?

It seems PWE cares very little for account security and does not like passwords that contain more than 10 characters. I had the same problem as well as quite a few of my friends, but as soon as we made shorter passwords all was fixed...

Give it a try if your password if you are affected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice Admiral Five: Federation Patrol Alliance (Personal Alt Fleet).
    Captain Shakira: Ferasan Shadow Force.
  • Options
    geoffschargeoffschar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I must say that Perfect World really went out of it's way to make the linking process pretty unbearable . It would seem to me that you should be able to reuse your Cryptic account information, but no that would be too easy. Also limiting the user name to letters and numbers. Really? So no underlines, no dots, no other separators, wow very 1980s if you ask me! I have given F2P a chance and pretty much hate it. I wish I could get my money back for the wasted lifetime membership, the perks are few, fairly worthless and pretty far between. I used to love Trek, bugs and all, when the Universe was expanding and not just centered on gimmicks to get you to spend all the time. Lock boxes are a joke, unless I am guaranteed Purple quality rare item I will not waste my time. Who really gives a darn about uniform packages, why does a so called micro transaction occur just to change your name, a quarter is micro many dollars is not! I can no longer recommend STO and I no longer believe it is worth it.:mad: Unless Perfect World starts to treat the lifetime members better I can see no reason for anyone to become a lifetime member as all they do is try to get you to spend more and more, while there is a miniscule monthly stipend of 400 Credits that would barely allow you to change your name, what a joke!:(
  • Options
    platnumtoasterplatnumtoaster Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello. Would like to know how to revive my code that I need to play the game when i open the client. Anyone have any steps or tips? Thanks, platnumtoaster
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello. Would like to know how to revive my code that I need to play the game when i open the client. Anyone have any steps or tips? Thanks, platnumtoaster

If you're talking about Account Guard, it's sent to your e-mail. Check your Spam filters if you're not seeing it.
  • Options
    rosebloomerosebloome Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Problem.

So I linked. I log in using Perfect world option in launcher. None of my characters exist in Perfect world version.

However I log in with Cryptic account and my characters exist.

I got back to linking accounts, and it says my cryptic account is already linked.

I dunno. lol. Maybe someone knows whats going on, or if this is working as intended.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    So I went to the link to merge accounts. Did it. Went to launcher, selected option for log in with perfect world acct. My characters didn't exist on the acct.

I log in with cryptic option. Characters existed.

I go back to account linking, says account is already linked.

Both pwe and cryptic accounts share the name account name. I don't know if thats a problem or not. What gives? Is this a common problem?
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rosebloome wrote: »

I log in with cryptic option. Characters existed.

I go back to account linking, says account is already linked.

This is a strange one. Because if the accounts were successfully linked you would NOT be able to log in under Cryptic. Once merged you are forced to use your Perfect World account.

I don't know anything to tell you except open an Incident with PW support. They will probably send you a form letter detailing how to link your accounts at first. If they do you'll have to open a second Incident saying their first reply didn't help. I had to do this myself but for a different problem.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    eagledraco wrote: »
    This is a strange one. Because if the accounts were successfully linked you would NOT be able to log in under Cryptic. Once merged you are forced to use your Perfect World account.

I don't know anything to tell you except open an Incident with PW support. They will probably send you a form letter detailing how to link your accounts at first. If they do you'll have to open a second Incident saying their first reply didn't help. I had to do this myself but for a different problem.

Fixed it. Thankfully.
  • Options
    jemel2621jemel2621 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    linked my accounts and my characters dont show up on the perfect world account and i cant log into my cryptic account anymore
    is there a way to see what accounts are linked in-case there is a mistake somewhere?,
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can't link my accounts as the webpage for linking seems to redirect to the main page for the game.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC