Install Arc
Options

Linking Your Accounts

Comments

• Options
    turtleblue45turtleblue45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    river92 wrote: »
    I use to have the ability to check my ingame mail though the Star Trek Online website. But now that is gone, either it has been removed completely or is moved to a different spot. Please help that was a very useful tool. :confused:

Currently gone. Known casualty of the forum change. As far as I've read, while they would like to be able to bring it back, there is no eta, plan, or promise to do so.
  • Options
    river9river9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Currently gone. Known casualty of the forum change. As far as I've read, while they would like to be able to bring it back, there is no eta, plan, or promise to do so.

Thank you I do hope they bring it back it was a huge help.
  • Options
    kimjongpwekimjongpwe Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Terrible hack job of this "transfer," PWE. Whoever was in charge of this and everyone involved should be fired.

An unhappy customer :mad:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Is there a comparison in pricing? Meaning, is everything in Zen the same cost as it is currently in Cryptic Points? I don't like the switchover in general, but if the prices don't change and the subscription stipend is the same, I guess things could be worse. If it is also a mask for increased prices, though...that is one way things could be worse.

Never mind the question. I see the FAQ on this now. Despite the problems with account linking and the forum change, it looks like the C-Point to Zen conversion won't be a bad thing. As long as nothing goes boom and eats our current balance, that is.
  • Options
    billdoor84billdoor84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ok i have a problem, i came into the game when it went FTP so i created a PWE account and i created a cryptic account. The PWE account is the one i use and i have hardly touched the cryptic account.

I logged into the cryptic one and tried linking with my pwe account and it says that its already linked to another user?

It may already be linked i dont remember, but if it isn't when it is linked will i lose anything from my pwe account?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    billdoor84 wrote: »
    Ok i have a problem, i came into the game when it went FTP so i created a PWE account and i created a cryptic account. The PWE account is the one i use and i have hardly touched the cryptic account.

I logged into the cryptic one and tried linking with my pwe account and it says that its already linked to another user?

It may already be linked i dont remember, but if it isn't when it is linked will i lose anything from my pwe account?

Since your STO account was already using PWE, I don't think the linking would apply to you. The Cryptic account you have is a different STO account entirely.

So, in this case, I think YOU are the other user and that your PWE account is already set. If you want two STO accounts for some reason, you would probably need to create a second PWE account, then use that one to link your Cryptic account.
  • Options
    billdoor84billdoor84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thankyou, i hope you are correct and that i dont have to do anything further. It just got so confusing lol
  • Options
    firehawk42firehawk42 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I made the switch today. It seems pretty painless. The Very Rare weapon was lame, it was a MK X tetryon rifle and I'm using MK XII antiproton.

Had to change my name of course due to illegal characters. Otherwise everything seems to work.

The notifications for the change could have been better, but its done now. I still like to play so I'm not going anywhere soon. :wink:
    [SIGPIC]
    Admiral FireHawk
    Federation Engineer
    U.S.S. Infinity (NX-170142-N)/Odyssey Tactical Cruiser
  • Options
    killjack0killjack0 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just finished with my link but im not quite sure i like the new system. The old system at least let you use - and _. Oh well. Though the forums dont seem quite as good and I mean from a usage and visual standpoint. They just seem cluttered.
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Account linking will soon be non-optional.

Wow... You people really like to do anything you can to both TRIBBLE over your customer base and TRIBBLE them off at the same time. I wanted to post some things about problems I found on tribble, after being forced to do this I'll have to ponder for a while on if this game has a future, if so, maybe I'll warn you of your flaws, if not... well, maybe the game just crumbles that much faster. Wonder if that is why Heretic left, escape the sinking ship while there is still time.

Now that my account is linked I can never log in anywhere with my Cryptic account (the one I can actually remember) and if I can't remember my login I sure as hell am not going to spend any money. I've been dreading this day since first hearing that Cryptic got bought out by PWE. I love STO, but I hate PWE with a passion, and I definitely hate what PWE has done to STO (there are reasons I quit playing Perfect World years ago)
    you can claim a special item in Star Trek Online
    And back to pissing people off. You keep talking about how the vast majority of players are at end game and then for a "special item" you give something that is absolutely worthless to the vast majority of your playerbase.
  • Options
    zeroescaflownezeroescaflowne Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ok... so i already had a PWE account - no big deal for me to link my Cryptic and my PWE account. i clicked a few buttons, logged in, boom, done.

then i got my promotional package.

thanks a lot guys - way to TRIBBLE me off: LIKE INCLUDING A BIND ON PICKUP EXPERIENCE BONUS ITEM FOR MY LEVEL 50!!!

i should at least be able to put it in my account bank and allow my younger characters to take advantage of it.

PLEASE UNBIND THIS ITEM OR MAKE IT ACCOUNT BOUND SO WE CAN SEND IT TO A CHARACTER THAT CAN ACTUALLY USE IT!!!
  • Options
    alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah the bundle for linking was kinda lackluster. a days worth of Dilithium over 5000 would have been nice. And since they give away Zen for doing surveys why not let them give away Zen in the bundle for linking? not too much to ask right? only a couple of hundred Zen... enough for a costume maybe?
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • Options
    zeroescaflownezeroescaflowne Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah the bundle for linking was kinda lackluster. a days worth of Dilithium over 5000 would have been nice. And since they give away Zen for doing surveys why not let them give away Zen in the bundle for linking? not too much to ask right? only a couple of hundred Zen... enough for a costume maybe?

yeah, those "free" Zen are only if you qualify to take the poll they are offering. i spent 15 minutes taking a poll yesterday that told me "You don't qualify" and gave me 0 Zen, then asked me about my experience - good or bad.

they're only getting a "good" response if they don't waste my time - any of it. 3 seconds to 15 minutes, if i get nothing, they can pound pavement as far as i am concerned (that means walk away).
  • Options
    whitedragonv1619whitedragonv1619 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hi i didnt get my link bonus and i am a life time subscriber what up with that :(:frown:
  • Options
    avitrekavitrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Since the forced merge, there are no characters listed in my PWE account. How do I add characters from STO that I already have?

I want to look into getting some of these achievements done... Any idea how to start?

And where the heck is my signature?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elchup47elchup47 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Been away from STO for a few days and just seeing this utter debacle. Where is my damned AV? Where are my past posts? WHy have I have to set up this PWE account nonsense?

What an absolute sham.

To think I am still paying as a gold member. Way to shaft the vets PWE.

NOT HAPPY.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So I wasn't able to get my original handle after I linked it to PWE instead I was forced to pick a new one. So I thought I would search out this other PWE user that were using my Cryptic handle. I couldn't find one. I searched all PWE forums.

So what is up with that? Did you in some way reserve my handle but didn't let me claim it or what?
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Simale the other user that has your handle is actually you. they reserved our names for us, which is what has caused that problem. They reserved our names but didn't give us a way to actually access them. I think i have seen two people post that had the same user name as before.

They only had PWE accounts and not a cryptic one.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Simale the other user that has your handle is actually you. they reserved our names for us, which is what has caused that problem. They reserved our names but didn't give us a way to actually access them. I think i have seen two people post that had the same user name as before.

if you are right i hope they give us the possibility soon to get in the Forum ower Orginal Name back with - and [] and what ever user used and of course big and small letters

And i found it better that the German Forum was a Part of the English one now if i change to German i have to login again every time even i i selected save my login data. You could make it like it was or make the German as good and current/latest/up-to-date/live as the English one.

Maybe someone can say what is the right word current/latest/up-to-date/live they can mean all the same if i trust what google Translationtool was telling me.
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Don't you love it? I couldn't use my cryptic username as a PWE Account username... Because it was already in use. I seriously hope they fix that and allow me to use my original username. :| It's annoying having to press 1 every time I log out and go to log into a new character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Well that was what I suspected. This has been a very poorly executed forum migration indeed. I've worked with problem assesing and solving most of my life in different forms this is something I come to expect from a computer illiterate person. Not from a world wide conglomerate like PW.
  • Options
    praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Don't you love it? I couldn't use my cryptic username as a PWE Account username... Because it was already in use. I seriously hope they fix that and allow me to use my original username. :| It's annoying having to press 1 every time I log out and go to log into a new character.

Yah, don't you love it... at least you only have to write a 1, mine is totally different.

I love how its there to remind you how nice it was when you got the name you picked and not some other bs one, they do need to fix that though, please.
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • Options
    starfleetmacostarfleetmaco Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    Wow... You people really like to do anything you can to both TRIBBLE over your customer base and TRIBBLE them off at the same time. I wanted to post some things about problems I found on tribble, after being forced to do this I'll have to ponder for a while on if this game has a future, if so, maybe I'll warn you of your flaws, if not... well, maybe the game just crumbles that much faster. Wonder if that is why Heretic left, escape the sinking ship while there is still time.

Now that my account is linked I can never log in anywhere with my Cryptic account (the one I can actually remember) and if I can't remember my login I sure as hell am not going to spend any money. I've been dreading this day since first hearing that Cryptic got bought out by PWE. I love STO, but I hate PWE with a passion, and I definitely hate what PWE has done to STO (there are reasons I quit playing Perfect World years ago)

And back to pissing people off. You keep talking about how the vast majority of players are at end game and then for a "special item" you give something that is absolutely worthless to the vast majority of your playerbase.

Well said!!
  • Options
    pureleadheadpureleadhead Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So a quick recap of what changed with the linking:

I no longer have my saved threads in the Forums.

It says I subscribed only today and I can't get the total # of days I've been with STO, which is over a year, coming up on 400 days soon. How close? I dunno, it says I subscribed today! Can we fix this, please?

The Game has all of my old login settings saved and thus far refuses to get up to speed on the new ones.

Anybody know what's up here? Are there steps that really should've been included with the FAQs?
    [Insert Clever Signature Here]
  • Options
    tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I really only have one issue really, my main name Yumene was taken, made me sad, And also I don't believe I received my ingame item either for linking the two.

Also will our original join dates be converted over as well? I look in the account info and it says I have just joined June 2012. As in our Vet rewards being effected because of this?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As far as I can see, the original subscription date is already/still being tracked by the system. If you go to My Account, on the main (website, not forum) page, right on the first page, underneath the yellow Charge Zen button (and a few others) there is...
    Activated Features
    Star Trek Online Public Test Shard
    Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe
    Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Star Trek Online - Collector's Edition
    Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription

Subscriptions
    Subscribed For: 890 Days

Create / Manage Subscriptions

Since it seems unlikely I've been singled out by good fortune, I'm guessing some of you have been looking in the User CP section of the forum. If you go to the main site, you'll probably find your number of days subscribed. (Though admittedly, the original date, or at least a mention of on what day of the month you're getting your stipend, would be good. If you really want to know you could, in theory, count backwards to your subscription date. Provided you never took a week off.)

The login screen, when switching alts, is a pain in the TRIBBLE, yeah. I've switched off the 'remember my username' cause it won't remember the right one. What it actually does is just fill in the name of the account you last logged into. Which is your @handle. Which in turn I don't want to see change. (Whoever took "Reave" on the PWE side of things, will have to pick a new name if ever he decides to join STO. Cause I like to spread the misery around a bit.) At least with the 'remember' box unchecked, I don't have to clear out my old username, as I too did not settle for just putting a number behind my old name, and I kept trying to log in with the auto-filled in wrong username every single time.

I do hope they fix that quickly, or do the other thing we've only been asking for since the game launched: Add a button above Log Out that reads Character Selection, and let us change characters without logging out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    pureleadheadpureleadhead Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is what mine says, hence my grumpiness about this mess.

Activated Features

Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe

Subscriptions

Subscribed For: 0 Day

Create / Manage Subscriptions

[Insert Clever Signature Here]
  • Options
    bookreader84bookreader84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I can not add toons to my PWE core connect thing evne though i have 4 toons :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    bookreader84bookreader84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    why is my sig not working?? i liked my spock sig and now its gone! :(
  • Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So why did we lose everything we had technically....we are all fresh 2012'ers now and we lost most of our original names.....and the huge downgrade for STO site and the many flaws in it are making me sad... :frown: :tongue: :frown: