test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Linking Your Accounts

Comments

• rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ok, now i know this was all spose to stream line TRIBBLE... but its taking LONGGGGGGGEEEEERRRRRRR to do anything at this point. I just traded a ton of green doffs in for blue ones and was gonna blow some CP on some more DOffs so i can increase my blue doff count by a whole bunch... but ya'll wont take my money... ya gotta look at it... sniff it... possibly lick it...maybe.. i guess... make sure its money... I suppose... seriously.... umm crappy horrible planning and implimentation.
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • xenovitaxenovita Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Help please, maybe one of you know a solution or a turn around.

this is happening to me only?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279071

cannot link, it tells me that my account is already linked but i never did it and I still use it to play...

help?
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • bradtuckerbradtucker Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You guys must learn something about PWE. They dont care about their players. Look how they treat the staple of the company (PWI)

"Packs" came out for the 1st year anni and all the players thought cool this is a neat little thing for a celebration. Players posted a well over 250+ page thread complaining about these packs after they showed up again and again. Now packs are all over PWI.

Sadly PWE only sees money :\ They dont see any loyal people. They dont care how long u played this game. Unless u charge u have no voice to this company. So no offense to all of you but the raging will not do a single thing, cause if they treat the game that the company is named after players like TRIBBLE...they will treat u the same

yea but if they want us (the customer) to continue playing their little game that they have now screwed up, they better listen to us.
    edited June 2012
    xenovita wrote: »
    Help please, maybe one of you know a solution or a turn around.

this is happening to me only?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=279071

cannot link, it tells me that my account is already linked but i never did it and I still use it to play...

help?

at least your still able to play, i linked and can not access my lifetime sub, again good going PWE
  • bahagssbahagss Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    it use to say the same thing to me...you see when you made a PWE account I am guessing you played STO? so you had 2 accounts, one Cryptic and one PWE?...in order for PWE accounts to play STO they "make" a cryptic account where only the name will be in the data base....you cant access this account through Cryptic because it does not have login credentials. I had them "unlink" these accounts so I can link my real account...i am still trying to get it so I can get my stuff from the PWE account that I played STo through because now I cant access that account.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    bradtucker wrote: »
    yea but if they want us (the customer) to continue playing their little game that they have now screwed up, they better listen to us.

Do me a favour, send me a message when this ever happens and I'll check the temperature in hell. We ain't going to be listened to, now they have the accounts changed we will be swept under hte rug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • daalagtcdaalagtc Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Merged my account, no problems... Only that I really hate doing this...

And since we will be forced to do this later anyway, I might get the free goodies.
    Gave me 5K Dil and 200K EC...
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    FYI:
    Apparently linking can fail silently if you have NoScript enabled. I had to re-link with scripts allowed globally to get access to my sub info and LTS title.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • tervoldchantervoldchan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm angry. Where is my nice face of Zelgadis and my nick on forum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xenovitaxenovita Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ticket 3 days and waiting, I cannot merge the accounts, the system tells me It is already linked which is NOT TRUE!!!

Please, someone!!!!
    Just force the merge or something, but lets finish this thing!

EDIT: At least update the ticket and lie to me, tell me "we are working to fix this"... something...

god daaamn!
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • rowgarowga Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I had my account linked already a while back but I don't see these promotional items available for me. What gives? :confused:
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not so much 'Linking your accounts' as 'Create a PWE account which absorbs your Cryptic account, and you can't retain your previous identitiy' :mad:
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trekkietravistrekkietravis Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just linked my Cryptic & PWE accounts. Now, whenever I try to log in to STO I get a "cannot connect to account server" message whenever I try to use my PWE login. When I try to use my Cryptic login, it tells me I have to use my PWE login.

Very disappointed.

I guess it's time to quit STO for a game that works...:frown:
  • lordgeneral164lordgeneral164 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What will happen to the Lifetime Subscriber's monthly C-points?
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just linked my Cryptic & PWE accounts. Now, whenever I try to log in to STO I get a "cannot connect to account server" message whenever I try to use my PWE login. When I try to use my Cryptic login, it tells me I have to use my PWE login.

Very disappointed.

Try using your PWE login name with your Cryptic password or vice versa.
    The following is my experience, may or may not work for you.

To log into the game or the website you need to select Perfect World to be able to login. I don't know why there is even needs to be an option. I don't think you can even log into the site or game selecting Cryptic.

Your forum name is not your account name, unless you were lucky enough to keep your forum name the same as your @handle in game. To log into the game and/or the website site your account name is your @handle in game, not your forum name.

Your Account/login name should have never changed, but your forum name most likely did.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    " To log into the game and/or the website site your account name is your @handle in game, not your forum name."

sorry but that is not the case. My @handle name in game never changed but my login account name did.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited June 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Do me a favour, send me a message when this ever happens and I'll check the temperature in hell. We ain't going to be listened to, now they have the accounts changed we will be swept under hte rug.

well i guess you like taking it from behind from PWE but to be honest, your exactly right. If there was something we all can do to show PWE our intentions for the game we all like but if what you say is true then they dont listen to their customers then what is the point of all of this then, why do we play then also?
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    " To log into the game and/or the website site your account name is your @handle in game, not your forum name."

sorry but that is not the case. My @handle name in game never changed but my login account name did.

It's a bit messy, my merged account I have three names: Forum name, login name, and global are all different.
    Alastor has his nickname back. Alastor is less unamused.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    All fine for me, but MK X stuff really is a bit of nothing (no matter how rare).
    Thanks for the little gimmick in addition to a account merging anyway, its always good to have some more Dil. :smile:

The only thing to add in my point of view is the, like everywhere else mentioned, merging of the forums, which is a total fail without the grown metadata.
    Would it have been that hard to just transfer the Cryptic-Accounts into PWE-Accounts without direct interaction with the playerbase (account-linking)?
    In that case f.e. the Problems on the new forum with the names and somes others, wouldn't have been created, or am i wrong with this?

...also i noticed our honourable Community Manager still got the same Name, as in the old forums. So to me it seems to be possible, or did you first join the STO-Forums with a PWE-Account, Bran?
    Greetz

Besides: Thanks for the great game! It's not perfect (the world isn't either and entertainment always depends on the audience ^^), but i guess what we all learned from MrRoddenberry is accepting the challenge, keep it up. :wink:
  • toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Alastor has his nickname back. Alastor is less unamused.

If I may ask...how did you do that? (I guess I should ask, "How did you get them to do that for you?") :smile:
    2rbz410.jpg
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I sent an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com asking them to unlink my PWE and Cryptic account, which they did, I then linked to a PWE account I made yesterday with this display name. It was advice given to me by BranFlakes, who, despite my arguing, and disgruntlement, was calm and courteous to me and helped me.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I sent an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com asking them to unlink my PWE and Cryptic account, which they did, I then linked to a PWE account I made yesterday with this display name. It was advice given to me by BranFlakes, who, despite my arguing, and disgruntlement, was calm and courteous to me and helped me.

+rep for BranFlakes then. Glad I don't do customer service.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • bclark09bclark09 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wow...I don't even know where to begin.
  • praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    First you make us change our account names, the ones we log into everyday, THEN you remind us every time we log in how you screwed up over by making sure its our old log in that shows up under the username section, because we checked "Remember Username" because we assumed that it would not be something that was tossed around like your play thing. Thank you for yet another annoyance.

Any chance anyone knows how to fix this problem, short of removing and redownloading the game?
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Thank you very much! :smile: I sent Perfect World an email; here's hoping they can do for me what they've done to you. :biggrin: Thanks again! :cool:
    2rbz410.jpg
  • tanneraubreytanneraubrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah.. Will we still get out stipend every month? And will it be Cryptic Points or Zen?

I'd assume we will still get the stipend but... as seen on Tribble Test Server, I will assume it will be in Zen since that is what the store has switched over to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cryptic User Since October 24, 2011 | Former Gold Member, Silver For Life
  • turtleblue45turtleblue45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'd assume we will still get the stipend but... as seen on Tribble Test Server, I will assume it will be in Zen since that is what the store has switched over to.

Is there a comparison in pricing? Meaning, is everything in Zen the same cost as it is currently in Cryptic Points? I don't like the switchover in general, but if the prices don't change and the subscription stipend is the same, I guess things could be worse. If it is also a mask for increased prices, though...that is one way things could be worse.
  • river9river9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I use to have the ability to check my ingame mail though the Star Trek Online website. But now that is gone, either it has been removed completely or is moved to a different spot. Please help that was a very useful tool. :confused: