test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Linking Your Accounts

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am dissappointed with that FAQ. It states that account names were reserved, and yet I found myself having to make a new account and forum used name. :frown: The form had filled itself out with my old data, which was promptly in red to say it was taken.

^^^
    This right here - also after I tried to submit the first time and got the "name is use" error - I had to use a DIFFERENT e-mail address because somehow - after I submitted the PWE account request and got the error that the account name was already taken - PWE's system ALSO now said the original e-mail address I had for my Cryptic account (which had been auth-copied in) was already used by a PWE account - BUT IT WASN'T as I've NEVER created a seperate PWE account before).

Still after I completed creating the new PWE account (having to use a different account name, and forum display name, and a different e-mail address) - and successfully linking it - I then went to the PWE site - and since it stated that my original e-mail address was somehow associated with a PWE account I clicked "recover username"; and - lo and behold - got a message indicating that original e-mail address was NOT associated with a PWE account - yet if I go to my account details and try to set the e-mail address from the second one I used back to the original e-mail address I used for my Cryptic account - I get the 'e-mail address already used by a PWE account' message.

If I WASN'T already an LTS - this would make me angry enough to just dump the whole mess right here.

AS USUAL - Cryptic QA is HORRIBLY LACKING IN EVERY RESPECT. (BIG SURPRISE EH?)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • alaris3alaris3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's the day of the update, and Cryptic (No, Perfect World) lacks more than ONE SINGLE EMPLOYEE monitoring, and responding no the site.

And they've heavily restricted what that one employee can do and say (BranFlakes). So he's posted in about one topic... when there is SO MUCH RAGE to address.

Fail. More than fail. UberFail!
  • tanneraubreytanneraubrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why are we linking accounts?

By linking your Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic accounts, you will enjoy a more streamlined process in accessing your information and logging into your favorite games. Doing so will also allow the friends you play with to find you more easily in other titles.
    Now I'm not usually one to complain but... this statement is untrue as my display name from Cryptic and display name from PWE are NOT the same (they aren't the same BTW cause the system wouldn't let me due to the valid character and length restrictions on PWE display names) thus, if I wanted to play other PWE games which I NEVER will, friends would not be able to EASILY find me in STO. Although yes I don't like the new forums at all, the only thing I care about is my Cryptic display name being able to be changed to match my PWE display name.

Things are not streamlined either. Having to buy Zen, transfer Zen to STO, and then it get converted to C-Points is NOT streamlined... that's just adding an extra step that is not and never should be needed. C-Points are unique to STO and Champs just like Zen is unique to PWE games (even though you buy Zen and covert to CP, Zen is still unique since it isn't actually being used in the C-Store).

Long story short... I WAS thinking about getting a lifetime subscription to STO but with the way things are going now.... that will probably NEVER happen (unless by some miracle things improve ALOT).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cryptic User Since October 24, 2011 | Former Gold Member, Silver For Life
  • tanneraubreytanneraubrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ^^^
    This right here - also after I tried to submit the first time and got the "name is use" error - I had to use a DIFFERENT e-mail address because somehow - after I submitted the PWE account request and got the error that the account name was already taken - PWE's system ALSO now said the original e-mail address I had for my Cryptic account (which had been auth-copied in) was already used by a PWE account - BUT IT WASN'T as I've NEVER created a seperate PWE account before).

Still after I completed creating the new PWE account (having to use a different account name, and forum display name, and a different e-mail address) - and successfully linking it - I then went to the PWE site - and since it stated that my original e-mail address was somehow associated with a PWE account I clicked "recover username"; and - lo and behold - got a message indicating that original e-mail address was NOT associated with a PWE account - yet if I go to my account details and try to set the e-mail address from the second one I used back to the original e-mail address I used for my Cryptic account - I get the 'e-mail address already used by a PWE account' message.

If I WASN'T already an LTS - this would make me angry enough to just dump the whole mess right here.

AS USUAL - Cryptic QA is HORRIBLY LACKING IN EVERY RESPECT. (BIG SURPRISE EH?)

I had the same issue and as a Silver player... I am angry and won't be giving them any of my money till it's fixed... and since that will probably be never... guess that means I'm never going Lifetime either...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cryptic User Since October 24, 2011 | Former Gold Member, Silver For Life
  • willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, after linking accounts, I'm locked out of playing Star Trek Online.

I did what they asked of me, had to enter a new PWE account name since it wouldn't accept my old cryptic account name. No problem. Used the old cryptic password (16 characters or bigger).

Well, there's the problem -- PWE only allows 14 character max passwords and after you click the link accounts buttons, the Star Trek Online launcher will no longer accept your old cryptic account name if you have "cryptic" login option, it tells you to use your PWE account. Okay, we'll try that with cryptic login option. Nope, invalid account name or password. Sigh.

Okay, I'll swap to the Perfect World login option. Here lies the problem. PWE logins only allow 14 character passwords and since my cryptic password was 16 characters, the login process stops allowing me to enter my password at 14 characters and (of course) the login fails. I've tried both old cryptic account name and new PWE account name, but I'm locked out because my password is > 14 characters.

Oddly, I'm able to log into the PWE / STO web site and access my account info but their change password option fails (literally). It has ************** (14 chars) and I enter a smaller password in the new box and click save and it says passwords don't match.

?!?!

So, after 869 paid days, I'm locked out of Star Trek Online due to a business decision by PWE. Perfect World, indeed.
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
    edited June 2012
    willy01pwe wrote: »
    Well, after linking accounts, I'm locked out of playing Star Trek Online.

I did what they asked of me, had to enter a new PWE account name since it wouldn't accept my old cryptic account name. No problem. Used the old cryptic password (16 characters or bigger).

Well, there's the problem -- PWE only allows 14 character max passwords and after you click the link accounts buttons, the Star Trek Online launcher will no longer accept your old cryptic account name if you have "cryptic" login option, it tells you to use your PWE account. Okay, we'll try that with cryptic login option. Nope, invalid account name or password. Sigh.

Okay, I'll swap to the Perfect World login option. Here lies the problem. PWE logins only allow 14 character passwords and since my cryptic password was 16 characters, the login process stops allowing me to enter my password at 14 characters and (of course) the login fails. I've tried both old cryptic account name and new PWE account name, but I'm locked out because my password is > 14 characters.

Oddly, I'm able to log into the PWE / STO web site and access my account info but their change password option fails (literally). It has ************** (14 chars) and I enter a smaller password in the new box and click save and it says passwords don't match.

?!?!

So, after 869 paid days, I'm locked out of Star Trek Online due to a business decision by PWE. Perfect World, indeed.

Same problem seen in another post. You need to change your password. It is as simple as that.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    alaris3 wrote: »
    Same problem seen in another post. You need to change your password. It is as simple as that.

The issue I had was when I was resetting my PWE account password I accidentally typed in 15 characters. It still allowed me to reset my password though, which clearly it shouldn't. I mean, what kind of set up states one thing but then allows you to do just the opposite. It doesn't even have anything in place to warn you that you've made a mistake and preventing you from making that mistake in the first place.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
    edited June 2012
    amosov78 wrote: »
    The issue I had was when I was resetting my PWE account password I accidentally typed in 15 characters. It still allowed me to reset my password though, which clearly it shouldn't. I mean, what kind of set up states one hing but doesn't have anything in place to warn you that you've made a mistake and preventing you from doing so.

Yeah, they don't have that fixed yet... so basically, you'll likely have to reset it again (if you can).
  • morganusmikarumorganusmikaru Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Unfortunately, there is no way to do this. We've added this to the FAQ.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thats a lie Brandon and you know it. You make it happen I pay you for an enjoyable experiance. You make my experiance enjoyable.
    The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
  • captaindsterlingcaptaindsterling Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This sooooooooo sux!!!:mad:
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    alaris3 wrote: »
    Yeah, they don't have that fixed yet... so basically, you'll likely have to reset it again (if you can).

I was able to reset it, again, properly but it took me ages to figure out what had gone wrong, I couldn't believe what the problem was when I did though. :mad:
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Guys, before you all keep accusing Brandon of lying, let's stop and think for a second.

First of all, you're assuming he means it's not technically possible to change our forum display name. What if it's a policy put in place by PWE, or by the PWE team that manages the forums? He may well mean, "It's not possible because PWE insists that forum names are the display names from PWE accounts, period end of story."

Which means nobody at Cryptic can do anything about it. Thus, it's "not possible" from Brandon's perspective.

Now we may all disagree with that policy, or think it's stupid. But the constant attacks around here continue to remind me why visiting the forum for anything other than the dev tracker (when it worked) is an utter waste of time.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That is really, really sad. You don't mention anywhere that you were "reserving" names for accounts when I went to link my account, and now I'm screwed out of my name because of the half-assed way this was handled.

I'm not singling you out, Brandon, but you are unfortunately the face of this.

It would be nice to see if you can/they can get the tech to let us do this and soon. I WAS going to buy a lifetime at the end of this week to go with my Champions Lifetime, but if this is how they handle their costumer service and the paying members, I'm being to doubt if I'm even going to stay gold.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What's annoying to me is I picked the display name for my PWE account more or less at random, when I was trying out a couple of their games.

Now I'm freaking stuck with it. BAH!
  • jade82973jade82973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    :eek:The "Reward" for linking early was a joke. It didn't make linking now worth it and it was only available to ONE character:confused:. :mad:This is absolute BS. If DEV wanted to link PWE and Cryptic at least they could have done is allow better C-Store to Zen ration (lke 1 to 1), OR BETTER YET LET US DECIDE IF WE WANT TO LINK ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Wow really? I ran a forum for the better part of 10 years and it was very possible to changea username from Admin side. THought technology progressed not regressed. Just another dissappointment brought to you today by PWE...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    brodie0854 wrote: »
    Will our infractions points be carried over, or do new forums mean a fresh start with a clean slate?

This isn't true. I linked months ago and got mine.
  • hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will someone please tell me why I can't use the same display name and/or account as my Cryptic account? Why not import this into PWE's databases?
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I dont see why they had the need to take away AV's.
  • materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I hate all of this merging. its almost like ea buying out bioware all over again...
    And I lost the use of my career officer title...
  • revenisrevenis Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    charon1 wrote: »
    You only get the reward if you link them now, during this promo - not after it, not before it.

Just like every other promo - I bought gamma quadrant doffs last month and got no Lobi crystals

incorrect, I linked mine ages ago and got the reward today.
  • sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wasn't really thrilled when they pulled the calendar off the main page and now what really appears to be a step backward in the look of the forums and it definitely bites not being able to know who is posting by looking at the avatar. Then again I'm not a real fan of PWE. They don't appear to "get it" so to speak. I wonder what else they can mess up. You would honestly think reading the majority of the negative feedback on this change alone they would rethink some of the obviously bad decisions they have decided to make concerning Star Trek IP.
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I want my account Unlinked now. I had a full five paragraphs of rants ready to go, but why bother when "they" don't care about us when they force this on us? This is what I feel like right now. Ignored and destroyed for fighting back. No hate toward you Bran. But you're working for a "company" that is making people mad.
  • bigbear2019bigbear2019 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ok so I have now linked my account. I was not wanting to do this. However after reading that it was going to be not an option in the neer furture I went ahead and did it. Now I would like to know what the ingame goody is. Anyone have any clue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • queetzqueetz Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I managed to link my accounts with no issues. The process seems pretty straightforward so I'm not sure what the issues people are complaining about. Anyways, I hope everyone else are able to have a smooth transition. Changes like these are inevitable due to change in ownership anyways...
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Things are not streamlined either. Having to buy Zen, transfer Zen to STO, and then it get converted to C-Points is NOT streamlined... that's just adding an extra step that is not and never should be needed. C-Points are unique to STO and Champs just like Zen is unique to PWE games (even though you buy Zen and covert to CP, Zen is still unique since it isn't actually being used in the C-Store).
    But it will be streamlined when they get rid of CP entirely and force us all to use Zen.

Come on. You know it's coming.
  • onenonlydrockonenonlydrock Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ticks me off! I linked my account... now I can't log in! HATE THIS NEW PROCESS!

EDIT: Ok, I can log in using my newly integrated PW account... but I have to EXIT THE GAME FIRST?!?! WTH?!?! I can't log in ingame just to switch characters. I have to reload the whole program each and every time I want to switch off. What an annoying pain in the butt!!!!

EDIT EDIT: Ok, working now. Don't scare me like that again PW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captallendalecaptallendale Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ok, my question did not get answered in the other thread, so i will ask it here. And give a little more detail.

I have an old Cryptic account from launch, that I started playing again with f2p. Lets call him @CaptA and is tied to my main email.

I started a second f2p account (so i could trade items, and eventually start my own fleet) through PWE after f2p came. It is off my alternate email and has its own name @CaptB

I log into CapA account through Cryptic currently and log have to change the dot to PWE to log intio CaptB account. Each account has multiple characters.

Now is there a way i can tie the accounts together and merge them? I am assuming not. I guess I have to create a second PWE account and link it to my cryptic account so that I have two PWE accounts. I just want confirmation before i do this.
  • cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Since the merging, it won't accept my old nor new information to let me log in :mad:
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Did you check the Perfect World login option? You have to make that switch. It's right over the input fields.

I got that wrong a couple of times myself, and, fun fact, still do: if you've got your client set up to remember your username... it'll keep going back to remembering your old Cryptic handle when you log out and back in to switch characters. No matter what you do. Very streamlined, that. Just to remind us of our place in this arrangement, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave