test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hello! First Time player, life long Trekkie.

Comments

• josephkerrjosephkerr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Welcome!

Can't help but wonder if elizabethkirk is as female as rachelgarret is...

Think of it like a lockbox...
    Oh I have no doubt that WE will definitely be friends. :D

Tell me more about yourself? I love meeting new people.

---
    Live Long and Prosper

I love a joke, thats all you need to know for now :biggrin:
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hello :)

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Elizabeth, but you can call me Liz, Ellie, or whatever you'd like.

I've been a Trekkie for years. While I was nowhere near being born when TOS aired, (My mother was born in 62, I was born 92) The Original Series and TNG are both absolutely my favorite. Hence why I picked ElizabethKirk.

My favorite characters are Kirk, Spock, Bones, Picard, Crusher (both).

I'm also a huge fan of the reboot. Chris Pine is undoubtably hot. Can't forget Quinto.

I was on Youtube when I came across this, a small video playing in the corner and its like OMGREALLY!? When I saw the little video for it, I got a big high.

So taking a small break from reading 2009/TOS fanfiction on Fanfiction.net, I just had to do it.

Anyways, I don't know anybody here. So, if you'd like to talk, I'm here!

Thanks,
    Ellie

Welcome to STO feel free to ask any of the nut-- err helpful players for info anytime. :tongue:
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • elizabethkirkelizabethkirk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Welcome!

Can't help but wonder if elizabethkirk is as female as rachelgarret is...

Lol, I'd have to say it so.

100% female for sure. I just had to do something as female and original as ElizabethKirk. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Welcome to STO, Elizabeth. Once you get your feet wet, you might consider joining a fleet. (Actually, a fleet can be of great help when starting out as well). The upcoming season 6 release will feature a lot fleet development content. Plus, it's nice to have a group of friends to play with. (Fleets in STO are like Guilds in other games).

Anyway, when you are ready, check out the fleet section of the forums. It's near the bottom of the main forum page, titled "Starbase One". Link:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

There are quite a few good ones to choose from.

Oh, and Roach, I almost spit out my drink on my laptop when I read your display name.
    edited June 2012
    Greetings, elizabethkirk! It is always good to see a new person so energetic! :biggrin:

Now, my global name is @DeltaFox and I will be so very happy to help out however I can in game. So shoot me a message (not a torpedo!) when you get ingame and we can be friends! Also, I love the newest trek movie! Also, ST: Enterprise!

DeltaFox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Since you have some time left before the game is ready to go and seem to like reading, how would you like to read up on some STO lore before you jump in?

Path to 2409

(Scroll down a bit to the part under "Chapters".)

STO takes place in the year 2409, which is 30 years after Star Trek: Nemesis. The above link goes to some stories that fill in the gaps between the movie and the game. These were released on the site before the game went live and have since been moved into the game. It might give you a better idea on situations and story lines we have going on in game.

Oh and I would suggest bookmarking the STO Wiki page, it's a good resource to have on hand.

http://www.stowiki.org/Main_Page
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    welcome to the game and have fun.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    And if there's one thing you absolutely must know it's to...

never, ever, on your life, touch a lock box. They are poisoning the game. Don't spend a dime on master keys!
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • agradyagrady Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hello Ellie! I'm another Trekkie lady in the community. I also roleplay (major gamer), cosplay, build weapons/armor, prosthetics and more, love tabletop RPG and LARPing - including sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, and steampunk LARP, and more. This year, I'm going for my second time to the massive Vegas Star Trek convention, which I recommend if/when you can ever make it to one! There's also another in London coming up (not sure where you're based in the world).

I also read and write at fanfiction.net (mostly TMNT, ST-TNG, Gargoyles, Farscape, Firefly, Riddick, and others). I'd love to get recommendations from you on good Trek stories and authors there!

On that note, if you are interested in fanfiction, the STO Foundry is PERFECT for you! I recently began working on my first mission and story with it and I know a few great foundry pros who can guide you if you need. If you aren't making the missions, then for sure check out the foundry in the game and play other people's missions/stories. It's in the side menu of the main Journal/Missions pop up page, as Community Authorized missions. Then just put anything in the search field (might have to click a little button to drop it down and make it visible) and see what comes up! Hail it and play it! There are ways to get more rewards from them and I can share if you'd like. Not sure what level you're at.

Also, feel free to mail me or find me in game and friend me. I'm always up for chatting, roleplay, or running missions with people - so if you want to level up faster or want company on a mission, contact me! When I'm being casual, silly, or roleplaying, I'm usually at Drozana Station or DS9.

~ Adrianne
    STO Name - @agrady
    email - adrianne@priorityonepodcast.com
    Characters:
    (Fed lvl 50) Oranne Tillhen / USS Emernoir
    (KDF lvl 49) Shekklah Y'Tierahkk / IKS Y'Drevana
    (Fed lvl 10) Adrianne Grady / USS Brinstar
    Cryptic Voice Actor, USS Starfinder, Gates of Stovokor, ST:Continues, ST:Renegades, ST:Axanar, ST:Shadows of Tyranny, Nobility, Zygerus, Rabbit Moon Show, G&T Show, Trek Radio w/ DJ Deyvid, Subspace Radio w/ DJ Grom, Priority One Podcast, SciMax Radio, Tribbles in Ecstasy, Trek News & Views, Ferengi Alliance Cosplay, ST: Reunion, LARP Alliance
    edited June 2012
    You all have been so gracious to me!! I had to drop off for awhile to finish wedding plans... (helping my mom's friend out with her wedding. IMO, elope ya'll. Gosh...lol)

I came home to find so many more replies! I totally was psyched!

So, I'll now reply to you all. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
    edited June 2012
    latinumbar wrote: »
    Welcome to STO, Elizabeth. Once you get your feet wet, you might consider joining a fleet. (Actually, a fleet can be of great help when starting out as well). The upcoming season 6 release will feature a lot fleet development content. Plus, it's nice to have a group of friends to play with. (Fleets in STO are like Guilds in other games).

Anyway, when you are ready, check out the fleet section of the forums. It's near the bottom of the main forum page, titled "Starbase One". Link:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

There are quite a few good ones to choose from.

Oh, and Roach, I almost spit out my drink on my laptop when I read your display name.

Thanks! I shall definitely check it out!

To be honest, I'm a tad nervous about what all to do on here. Its like when you stop playing something like WoW for instance, and you come back, and it's all new and foreign to you. I know I'll definitely have to rely on you all to help me out at first, and if you know any other stuff to look up around here, let me know!!

Thank you so much for the help and for being very nice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
    edited June 2012
    th3xr34p3r wrote: »
    Welcome to STO feel free to ask any of the nut-- err helpful players for info anytime. :tongue:

Haha! Thank you! I shall :)

It was nice to meet you :):smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
    edited June 2012
    josephkerr wrote: »
    Think of it like a lockbox...

I love a joke, thats all you need to know for now :biggrin:

Hmm, a lockbox?

:biggrin:

I guess I'll have to come up with clever ones, though I'm sure you've heard them all, eh? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
    edited June 2012
    foxalpha5 wrote: »
    Greetings, elizabethkirk! It is always good to see a new person so energetic! :biggrin:

Now, my global name is @DeltaFox and I will be so very happy to help out however I can in game. So shoot me a message (not a torpedo!) when you get ingame and we can be friends! Also, I love the newest trek movie! Also, ST: Enterprise!

Awe, thanks! :3:D

I shall shoot you a message sometime when my game is finished (not a torpedo, promise!) and yes! I'd love to be friends!
    Oh I definitely cannot wait for the new one, can you? The more of Chris Pine and Quinto, the better. ;)

Enterprise I haven't really gotten into much! Just TOS and TNG. Some of Voyager though. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
  • justin2384justin2384 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    @justin2384 if you need help with missions add me.
    edited June 2012
    lan451 wrote: »
    Since you have some time left before the game is ready to go and seem to like reading, how would you like to read up on some STO lore before you jump in?

Path to 2409

(Scroll down a bit to the part under "Chapters".)

STO takes place in the year 2409, which is 30 years after Star Trek: Nemesis. The above link goes to some stories that fill in the gaps between the movie and the game. These were released on the site before the game went live and have since been moved into the game. It might give you a better idea on situations and story lines we have going on in game.

Oh and I would suggest bookmarking the STO Wiki page, it's a good resource to have on hand.

http://www.stowiki.org/Main_Page

Checking them out now! Thank you ever so much! :) I love how informative you all are, and how helpful. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
    edited June 2012
    agrady wrote: »
    Hello Ellie! I'm another Trekkie lady in the community. I also roleplay (major gamer), cosplay, build weapons/armor, prosthetics and more, love tabletop RPG and LARPing - including sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, and steampunk LARP, and more. This year, I'm going for my second time to the massive Vegas Star Trek convention, which I recommend if/when you can ever make it to one! There's also another in London coming up (not sure where you're based in the world).

I also read and write at fanfiction.net (mostly TMNT, ST-TNG, Gargoyles, Farscape, Firefly, Riddick, and others). I'd love to get recommendations from you on good Trek stories and authors there!

On that note, if you are interested in fanfiction, the STO Foundry is PERFECT for you! I recently began working on my first mission and story with it and I know a few great foundry pros who can guide you if you need. If you aren't making the missions, then for sure check out the foundry in the game and play other people's missions/stories. It's in the side menu of the main Journal/Missions pop up page, as Community Authorized missions. Then just put anything in the search field (might have to click a little button to drop it down and make it visible) and see what comes up! Hail it and play it! There are ways to get more rewards from them and I can share if you'd like. Not sure what level you're at.

Also, feel free to mail me or find me in game and friend me. I'm always up for chatting, roleplay, or running missions with people - so if you want to level up faster or want company on a mission, contact me! When I'm being casual, silly, or roleplaying, I'm usually at Drozana Station or DS9.

~ Adrianne
    STO Name - @agrady
    email - adrianne@priorityonepodcast.com
    Characters:
    (Fed lvl 50) Oranne Tillhen / USS Emernoir
    (KDF lvl 49) Shekklah Y'Tierahkk / IKS Y'Drevana
    (Fed lvl 10) Adrianne Grady / USS Brinstar

Oh you can bet I am green with envy at this moment! Conventions!! I've always wanted to go to one, never had the money though. Maybe after graduation next Spring I'll have enough. (College student...enough said? heh)

I love how enthusiastic you are! How kind and just generous everyone is so far. Yes, I LOVE fanfiction. That's all I ever do when I'm home besides homework. I've definitely got a lot of stories bookmarked, the storylines people come up with!! :)

I shall definitely contact you via ingame and out, I could use all the help I can get! :)

Thank you, thank you, so so much!

--
    Live Long and Prosper
    -Ellie
    STO Name: ElizabethKirk
    Email: eliza-kaye@hotmail.com
    Characters:
    None
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
    edited June 2012
    welcome to the game and have fun.

Thank you! :)

PS: I quite like your FacePalm!Picard :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
    edited June 2012
    voporak wrote: »
    And if there's one thing you absolutely must know it's to...

never, ever, on your life, touch a lock box. They are poisoning the game. Don't spend a dime on master keys!

A lock box? I shall take your advice, and definitely read up on these things...

Thanks for the warning!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
    edited June 2012
    2 hours and 22 minutes?? It's gonna take Foooooorever to load, isn't it? I'll take this time to read up on all this though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
    edited June 2012
    Reading over the wiki and the Accolade stories and all...

I'm glad I'm a devoted Trekkie, but good lord, what did I sign up for? LOL.

Is it just me, or did anybody feel kinda overwhelmed with all this?

....lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    A lock box? I shall take your advice, and definitely read up on these things...

Thanks for the warning!

Hmm, let me give you quick run down on the lockbox deal.

Lockboxes are an item that drops randomly in the game from enemies and loot drops from certain events. These boxes are essentially "mystery" boxes that have different items inside them. A random number generator decides what you get when you open the box. Items could be anything ranging from cheap consumables to a rare starship.

Here's the catch though: In order to open these boxes, you need to spend real money in the cash shop on an item called a "Master Key." These keys cost just over $1. Without this key, you cannot open the box. You can also buy these keys off of the in game exchange (auction house) that other players are selling. You can also use dilithium (and in game currency) to trade for cash shop points to buy the keys.

These have been a source of contention in the player base as a good deal of people out there are not fond of this, myself included. The chances of getting that rare starship are very, very low. Some people have spend hundreds of dollars and have not gotten a ship. Other have been lucky and gotten one on the first try, or very shortly after. The other thing is that these boxes can be quite intrusive as the boxes themselves have a high drop rate. I've opted to stop picking them up as my inventory space can't handle all of them. :tongue: I also throw away the ones I pick up by accident.

I'll let you make up your own mind about whether or not you like them or want to use them, but just know that there's a good deal of hate for them around these parts.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • midnighter90midnighter90 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Grab your money and run while you still can.
    This game has nothing to do with Star Trek anymore.
    It's just a captitalistic "game" run buy crazy asians who like to play "Kill everything you see" games.
    There are much better Star Trek games out there than this game will ever be.
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    OMG ITS A GIRL!! ADD ME AS A FRIEND IN GAME etc etc...

This stupid new forum layout wont let me post pictures so click this link
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
    edited June 2012
    OMG ITS A GIRL!! ADD ME AS A FRIEND IN GAME etc etc...

This stupid new forum layout wont let me post pictures so click this link

Haha, Yes, I am of the female species. Human, however? Lol jk. Yes, I'm a girl.

And that's funny!! I've never seen that meme before, but I laughed! I'll have to wait an estimated time of 2 hours and 5 minutes before friending you, as you say....

LOL, of course I'll friend you. I just had to talk Spock ;)

:biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
    edited June 2012
    Grab your money and run while you still can.
    This game has nothing to do with Star Trek anymore.
    It's just a captitalistic "game" run buy crazy asians who like to play "Kill everything you see" games.
    There are much better Star Trek games out there than this game will ever be.

LOL I probably won't run, but I know from what advice I've been given, I will not be paying a dime. Or a penny. Thanks for the advice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
    edited June 2012
    lan451 wrote: »
    Hmm, let me give you quick run down on the lockbox deal.

Lockboxes are an item that drops randomly in the game from enemies and loot drops from certain events. These boxes are essentially "mystery" boxes that have different items inside them. A random number generator decides what you get when you open the box. Items could be anything ranging from cheap consumables to a rare starship.

Here's the catch though: In order to open these boxes, you need to spend real money in the cash shop on an item called a "Master Key." These keys cost just over $1. Without this key, you cannot open the box. You can also buy these keys off of the in game exchange (auction house) that other players are selling. You can also use dilithium (and in game currency) to trade for cash shop points to buy the keys.

These have been a source of contention in the player base as a good deal of people out there are not fond of this, myself included. The chances of getting that rare starship are very, very low. Some people have spend hundreds of dollars and have not gotten a ship. Other have been lucky and gotten one on the first try, or very shortly after. The other thing is that these boxes can be quite intrusive as the boxes themselves have a high drop rate. I've opted to stop picking them up as my inventory space can't handle all of them. :tongue: I also throw away the ones I pick up by accident.

I'll let you make up your own mind about whether or not you like them or want to use them, but just know that there's a good deal of hate for them around these parts.

I find it funny that people will actually spend loads of money on... inanimate objects? Like this one. However, I'm VERY... picky? when it comes to money. I'm lucky this was free-play!!

But yeah, I've let others make my mind up for me! LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
  • midnighter90midnighter90 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    LOL I probably won't run, but I know from what advice I've been given, I will not be paying a dime. Or a penny. Thanks for the advice!

Okay then dont let yourself ever get fooled by those PWE ******s . You don't need anything they sell for $ to be competitive in this game. Save them for sth more useful.
    edited June 2012
    Okay then dont let yourself ever get fooled by those PWE ******s . You don't need anything they sell for $ to be competitive in this game. Save them for sth more useful.

Of course. :)

I appreciate the look-out for me. :)

I don't see why anything should cost on a free-play.... dumb, ain't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
  • foxalpha5foxalpha5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I find it funny that people will actually spend loads of money on... inanimate objects? Like this one. However, I'm VERY... picky? when it comes to money. I'm lucky this was free-play!!

But yeah, I've let others make my mind up for me! LOL

You only have to spend money if you're impatient. All the items in the C-store (cash shop) can be obtained with Dilithium through the Dilithium exchange! It just takes time to collect enough.

I myself almost have enough to purchase my new ship! Yess, soon my precious... /crazy

DeltaFox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]