test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hello! First Time player, life long Trekkie.

12346»

Comments

• elizabethkirkelizabethkirk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello all!

Sorry I haven't been in-game or on the forum. Had no power for the longest time after the big storm, go laid off from work, been busy with college and whatnot.

I went to the 25th Anniversary of TNG event at our theatre. It. Was. AMAZING. I only wish I had a Blu-ray player and the funds to support my Trek habit.

I have started up a fansite, for all Star Treks. It was a random 3am thing, after posting a lot of Spock quotes on my FB. I have both a FB page and a website.

FB Page: All Things Star Trek

I am hoping to be in-game tonight. If my mom doesn't fall asleep before helping me with my college loan stuff. :(

If she falls asleep, I shall be on around 9pm EST. If she doesn't and ends up helping me, then it may not be until around 10 pm EST.

I miss you all, fellow trekkies!!!

Live Long and Prosper!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
  • kdr37kdr37 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi Liz. I've only been around for a few days longer than you, so...ya know...you're not alone.
    But, born in '92, you say? I have a bottle of Scotch that's as old as you (you can imagine a non-Scottish Scottish accent there if you like :D). You've also made an early-middle-aged man feel very old, so thanks for that! lol.

voporak wrote: »
    We can be trekkie friends now if you'd like... I can send you a friend request in game if you want, seeing as how PWE broke it here on the website.

Did they? Have to say it would've been easier receiving friend requests on this side. I've accepted a couple of friend requests in-game and I have no idea who they are!
    Granted they asked for a reason - team game (accepted) and fleet membership (declined) - but...
    (And for the record, I have no idea how to do a lot of the social-side stuff in-game. I'll learn eventually, I'm sure - probably about the time the game's closed down!)
    edited July 2012
    kdr37 wrote: »
    Hi Liz. I've only been around for a few days longer than you, so...ya know...you're not alone.
    But, born in '92, you say? I have a bottle of Scotch that's as old as you (you can imagine a non-Scottish Scottish accent there if you like :D). You've also made an early-middle-aged man feel very old, so thanks for that! lol.

Hello!! :) Glad you found my posting!

At least I'm not alone anymore. YAY!

(Oh yes, at this moment, I can actually picture Scotty saying something like that. Him and his scotch.....AND sandwiches. ;P )

Awe, well, I wouldn't feel old, the only ones old, are the deceased. No disrespect to those who have passed.

I hope to get to know you on here and anywhere else you may be. I'm on twitter, and I finally have my own website that's Everything Star Trek. :)

Live Long and Prosper new friend. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    liz, I must always be missing the times you are on... by the way if you open up your social window (default key o) and click on the friends tab I sent you a freind request so to accept it you just click my name and press Accept request at the bottom of the page. For the rest of today though, I'll probably be dealing with my fleet's most wanted. I got him good this morning when I planted my prototype subspace tricobalt device on his ship with a three second countdown (we were roleplaying, or rp for short in case you didn't know). Now I have to go clean up... but I'm not sure there's much to clean up after a 4 billion megaton explosion.

Anyway, having fun in game (when you can be on, of course)?
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
    edited August 2012
    Hey guys!

Glad we're friends in-game finally, Voporak. :)

So, I went to DS9 earlier today, to try and find the Jumba (I think) stick for O'Brian, but everytime I went to even move around my entire game lagged. Then, all of a sudden, it crashed. I thought I was gonna have to restart my laptop a few times...

Does DS9 usually do that? It was my first time there.

Since yesterday or the day before, I've leveled up to Lt. Cmdr. (11). YEAH!!! I finally have my own ship which I chose a Cruiser from TOS.

I really want the Confederation ship from TOS, but I gotta have like 500 Zen.

I've been doing a daily refinement of Dilithium, which so far, I have maybe between 3000-4000. Which I've been told only adds up to like.... 15 Zen.

Honestly, I feel like breaking down and buying a Zen card from walmart or something... Is it worth it?

I'll do some more dilithium mining for the next week or so, maybe 2 weeks, see how much I can acquire.

How is everyone doing otherwise?

I've been sick now, since Monday. The game and sleep has been my ONLY sanity at all.

Hit me up on here or in-game, ya'll! I'm EST time.

Live Long and Prosper!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Live Long and Prosper

=^= ElizabethKirk =^=

To Boldly Go.
  • phaserbankphaserbank Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Welcome to the game, I am newer to it as well I have had it for a few months but haven't had time to play as much as I'd like. Between two jobs I work 60hrs a week, family, two kids, and all that it is tough to get on, I basically game at night. I read you like a lot of the fan fiction? Very cool. Do you do any roleplaying? I have a good small fleet I RP with and know all of the larger ones as well. This is an awesome game truly because it gives hardcore star trek fans a graphic environment to write our own fan fiction basically. I have recently got a LTS and have to say it is really worth it, definitely anyway at the discounted price I signed up at with the stipend and such.

As far as the zen card, did you download the game in steam? You might as well just add a credit card to your steam wallet and purchase zen that way it is really easy. Being a lifetime subscriber you get a 500zen/mo stipend. I still throw money at them though haha. A fast way to get a lot of dil early is to just use the dilithium exchange in game, selling zen for dil. Back when I first started playing I sold just a few c points and pulled 50,000 dilithium just to give you an example. Right now I am up to 250k dil, and several million EC buying and selling on the exchange. It just takes time and a lot of reading and tutoring to get know the mechanics of it all.

Hit me up in game @Phazerbank My fleet is Section 31. No other additives just the original Section 31, the fleets been around since beta. All of my character bio and such revolves around Starfleet intelligence. Look forward to saying hey in game! =)
  • phaserbankphaserbank Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Also if you would like, my friend and I would be willing to power level you haha. Since I got my LTS I am transferring all my character stuff to the "liberated borg" race of character. Got him up to 25 now.