What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Linking Promo

Comments

• Options
    morganusmikarumorganusmikaru Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    and why aren't our achievements linked... or our characters... or our guilds... why wasn't ANY of this finished before you pushed this without warning?
    The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
  • Options
    krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So many people complaining... It isn't the end of the world, now is it. Soon it'll be forced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited June 2012
    and why aren't our achievements linked... or our characters... or our guilds... why wasn't ANY of this finished before you pushed this without warning?

Cryptic doing what they do best since 2009, cocking it up one step at a time :wink:
  • Options
    omega9hunteromega9hunter Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Now I'm just confused, why can't the STO site which already has our info show our original usernames?
  • Options
    primus010primus010 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Cryptic /PWE are best at what they do which seems to be pissing off their customers. I just wish they were as good at producing content as they are at pissing off their customers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alaris3alaris3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Now I'm just confused, why can't the STO site which already has our info show our original usernames?

Because, this isn't the STO site anymore. This is a SUB-Site of PerfectWorld (if you look at the URL at the top of the browser, you will see), and only certain information was transferred.

Thank you PWE Web-Team for your fail.
  • Options
    materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'd love to know why the faq doesn't mention that the promo box is limited to one char, or why. I know that I, personally, would love to have had the items on my fed tac officer instead of my fed engineer officer.
  • Options
    alaris3alaris3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    materwindu wrote: »
    I'd love to know why the faq doesn't mention that the promo box is limited to one char, or why. I know that I, personally, would love to have had the items on my fed tac officer instead of my fed engineer officer.

If I recall, it says SOMEWHERE that it can only be opened once. I can't recall, for the life of me, where though.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I feel so sorry for bran flakes, I'd hate to have his job right now. The rest of the Cryptic team, however, deserves all the flak they're getting over this debacle.

Cryptic, do you even have a PR person? Because this is exactly the kind of thing you have a PR person to handle before you blindside your customers with it.

For the record I only created a PW account and did the merger because after this I knew it was going to become mandatory sooner rather than later. And if I'm going to be forced to do something I'd rather get something out of it (even if the promo reward is pathetic) than get nothing down the road. I didn't want a PW account. I don't come here for PW's other games, I play STO and Champs (and maybe I'll play Neverwinter, but if I keep getting treated like this that's looking doubtful). I don't want zen and I certainly don't want to go through the extra hastle of converting it into c-points. I just want to immerse myself in some Star Trek and go save people with my superheroes without having to deal with all the other PW Eastern MMO TRIBBLE that's been continually slung all over the place since the buyout.

Also, I'm a gold member, why the hell am I seeing ads in the forum?
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    little bit hard on the people who were PW accounts from day one as well
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    esadpweesadpwe Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I was not going to link my Cryptic account yet so I figured I would create a dummy PWE account for posting purposes right now. Absolutely not the way to treat your customer base. I didn't buy or become a lifetime subscriber to STO to have my account info and preferred forum setups converted without my consent.

I could give a rat's TRIBBLE$ about PWE's other games and to be honest I don't even like seeing STO remotely associated with what I consider to be a garbage MMO company. PWE's games don't even remotely interest me. I looked at them when the buyout was announced and found them not even worth trying out.

Cryptic, I hope you can find someone else to buy your out of this. I'll continue to play STO because I bought and paid for it. I also have spent a little here and there in the C-Store. I think the game has promise. I think your mother ship needs to be a separate entity and you maintain your own presence.
  • Options
    kingsporekingspore Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    you know if you don't like it you can always leave... its not even a big deal anyway.

i personally like the new forums, they look awesome and very sleek! and the linking account bonus is very nice!
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just logged back in to see all these changes. I haven't read all the posts but atm I'm like WTF? What's with the sig de-scaling? What's with the not having custom Avatars? What's with me not being able to link my sig to my fleets website that I worked so hard on? What's with all subscribed threads being lost and our post counts?

Before the web dev guys decided to finalize this change over.. Did they even look into complete sql migration from VB forums to this thing properly?

I'm sorry to say that this is the first time I've made a real "Moan" post on this games forum and I thought that nothing would make me make such a post... But geez, call it a pet peeve of mine or whatever but I just hate what's been done here! What was broken that needed fixed in the first place? Oh wait... I can guess what was broke... PWE's frikkin ego! That's What!
  • Options
    mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Finally I guess my accounts linked and can get back in game. Hopefully something doesn't change that
  • Options
    sonaossonaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I really don't mind the new website (aside from no Foundry Spotlight), forums, account links and all that, but I dislike the functionality it's taken away. No way to view in-game mail on the website, no forum caps, no personality (avatars), no captain profiles (they were broken but still there until now), no way to tell when the person actually joined the original forums.. I could go on.

Giving us back our avatars would be a step in the right direction, but I'll deal with it for now. So long as it doesn't affect my in-game experience. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    at0msmasherat0msmasher Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    chakitty wrote: »
    Nice how there's a promotion that rewards those who have two accounts they can link, yet punishes those who only have one account and never made a seperate one. I have a PW account, never had to make a Cryptic account, and I do believe that once STO went F2P that the Cryptic account creation was killed for STO, thus you could only make a PW account.

^i agree with this
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Cutting edge, guys. Just when I think the next disappointment couldn't possibly compete with the last one, you pull one of these. Truly, masterfully executed. Lost my user name, my forum name, my avatar, all my old posts have been usurped by an anonymous PWE bot, I can't use BBcode in my signature, and this damned forum is so bloody Asian it wouldn't even recognize a capitol letter if it tied it down and beat it with bamboo sticks. And then the 'prize'... That thing will sit in the C-store unlocks unclaimed just cause that's the only way it'll please me. There literally is nothing about this or how it was done that is not offensive.

I managed to get through two years without earning an infraction. I would not expect to last another two weeks now. Nor do I any longer care to. Message received, Cryptic, PWE. And **** you too.

Edit: Well, at least the profanity filter works. Guess there's some foresight here afterall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    tHERE IS NO "GIFT" IN THE cSTORE.
    *looks at "gift" description*

Did you really want it anyway? It's a (very) small handful (like... a toddler's hand) of stuff that's all worthless. You could obtain more than it offers in about fifteen minutes of play.

To be frank the "gift" (read: bribe) in exchange for what's being forcibly removed, or made less convenient and user friendly, is either evidence that the person who dreamed it up has no idea concerning the value of in-game wares, or was openly trying to insult the end users in order to add that to our injury.

zulisvel wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for bran flakes, I'd hate to have his job right now.

I like Brandon well enough. Seems like a decent guy. Most people seem to realize though that this isn't him, it's someone above his pay grade. Still, it's no doubt unpleasant to be a community rep while a product is getting this much flack. That said, he does have a pay grade involved here. He's being paid to endure this, we're the ones who have paid and are expected to pay to endure this. So if I'm going to feel sorry for anyone it's going to be the community at large. Brandon is being compensated for his time and involvement.
  • Options
    cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'd so love to get the reward if only I could log into the game :frown:
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kingspore wrote: »
    you know if you don't like it you can always leave... its not even a big deal anyway.

i personally like the new forums, they look awesome and very sleek! and the linking account bonus is very nice!
    That's true. He could just leave. Or Cryptic/PWE could read the forums and see the the majority of those posting in here are not fans of this change myself included. I have been a forum member since October 2009 and a LTS since Feb of 2010. Plus I liked my Avatar above my name and not having to stick it in my signature block, plus it was nice for people to see said name and not a handle for a forum. All in all not a good trade. Oh sure 5000 unrefined ore that you can get by running three dailies at not much effort is a great benefit and what about that XP bonus that I can't use on any toon because hey, they are all maxed as well as the BOFFs. Thanks PWE and Cryptic. You really stepped up with that linking bonus. I guess I can overlook everything else you screwed up.
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
  • Options
    ychildychild Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes, it is live on the game.
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'd so love to get the reward if only I could log into the game :frown:

Or in my case, can log in but always get rubberbanded/booted within 2 minutes of doing so. :mad:
  • Options
    cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Or in my case, can log in but always get rubberbanded/booted within 2 minutes of doing so. :mad:

Really seems like the change is just being so helpful to everyone, eh?
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I can log in and everything except claim the reward. Where is it found?

the Cstore does not have it listed anywhere that I see.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wait, so now I have to leave the game, go to a website and fill out a bunch of TRIBBLE in order to buy cryptic points? This is extremely annoying and I despise the planners of this.
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I can log in and everything except claim the reward. Where is it found?

It can be found unter "Items". When you open it, you get several items (Weapon crate etc.) to use on this toon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    How long is the promotion for? The character I want to claim the items on is no yet 50, and i'd rather wait til then so that the rare item I get may possibly have more than a week's worth of use.
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    praghas wrote: »
    How long is the promotion for? The character I want to claim the items on is no yet 50, and i'd rather wait til then so that the rare item I get may possibly have more than a week's worth of use.

Ends Friday.

You don't have to open the pack right away.
    edited June 2012
    I have a question for Branflakes, if you've been locked out of your account because of this linking thing, if I'm unable to get in until after the end of the promotion, will my item be waiting for me????
  • Options
    gehmorgehmor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thoroon wrote: »
    It can be found unter "Items". When you open it, you get several items (Weapon crate etc.) to use on this toon.

I'm having the same problem as Roach. I've linked my accounts, and the C-store is showing up with my new account name, but I only see the lock box key packs and the melee weapon pack in the C-store. It's not a huge deal, since (as others have pointed out) it's not a terribly valuable reward. At the same time, I linked my account, so I want it.

Hi! I used to be JBHemlock. There's already one of those in PWE. I play the Klingon Kerr, but there's already a Kerr in PWE, too. So I'm Gehmor, my Cardassian alt. Just picture me with a plate of gagh.