borgarrayborgarray Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That's all I have to say

http://i.imgur.com/5Yu1z.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Considered buying the Lifetimesub, but wasn't sure.

Thanks PWE, you helped me answer this question today: NO WAY

16Digit password was too long ... ya ... (even 14 was too much for your recovery page, which even suggested it).
    Some areas don't allow for login, I have to reenter my Login everytime I switch characters (annoying before, but making it even worse).
    Stats got lost ... yea, I'm a fresh newb to the game ... clearly.
    ZEN ... wish I could buy some ... but ... level 10 ...

I better stop. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    charon1charon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    God, you really messed up on the changes, PWE

- Arbitrary forum name changes (I used to be Charax1985)
    - Losing all our previous posts (They're now "Archived Posts" - good luck searching for anything!)
    - Running a promo that punishes people for not having a cryptic account
    - Making that promo a weak one, at any rate
    - Not warning us in any way about the MAJOR changes you were implementing

Just...burn in Sto'Vo'Kor. We had an inkling that you didn't give a damn about your users, now we know for sure.

I'm out. Forums are more hassle than they're worth now.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I figured I can log in from my separate PW accout to post on the forums without having to link my Cryptic account with it.

I'll just say this straight and out loud: FAIL Cryptic!

But I guess I'm not the first to say this.

No warning whatsoever regarding the forced account merging/creating (at least if you want to use the site and the forums). Reported bugged stats and options after linking. No info as to which account name and e-mail address are going to become the "primary one" after merging (which is important to me personally, as I have yet to decide whether to link with my existing account, or just create a new one). Short passwords, limited usernames, and the overall feeling of lack of any professionalism...

Oh, and the bonus rewards are laughably useless.

Keep it up cryptic and you won't even have to bother with new conent, as there won't be anyone out there to play it. And this comes from a player who had high hopes in you even during the difficult periods (content drought, f2p, lottery boxes etc.). It's like... you just want players to turn back from the game... And you're succeeding...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Marge means that two things become one without any lose, am I right?

So were are my:
    - Forum Avatar
    - Forum Signature
    - Forum Name
    - Forum subscribed threads list
    - Forum previous posts
    - Original joining date
    - Mails?

What's more why C-Store on website don't see any of my toons or Cryptic Points?
    And when I want to buy this "Zen" I get

Your account needs to be at least one week old and have
    a character at least level 10 in order for you to take
    advantage of this feature.

WTF O.o I'm playing STO from open Beta, have two VA and two Captain rank toons.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Took 5 min to link my account, was able to use the same name, and picked up the free-bees. Working my way around the new forum took 15min. The only gripe I have is the inability to set a custom avatar.
  • Options
    grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    charon1 wrote: »
    God, you really messed up on the changes, PWE

- Arbitrary forum name changes (I used to be Charax1985)
    - Losing all our previous posts (They're now "Archived Posts" - good luck searching for anything!)
    - Running a promo that punishes people for not having a cryptic account
    - Making that promo a weak one, at any rate
    - Not warning us in any way about the MAJOR changes you were implementing

<snip>
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts on this sudden change! When I checked "My Account" I was a little surprised to see "Subscribed For: 0 Day", but I did click on the "Create/Manage Subscriptions" link below that and got a Cryptic Studios page that showed my actual subscription time (currently 671 days)!

Will the PWE STO Account details page ever be updated with the actual subscription days to match the Cryptic STO subscription details? Or do we have to keep using the "Create/Manage Subscriptions" link to check our actual number of subscribed days? :confused:

Why has the "reward" promo been restricted to one claim per account? Given the quality of the items in the "reward" it would be better suited as a "one per character" claim! :frown:

This promo simply comes across as a poorly thought out last minute addition to try and make the forced account merge a little more acceptable. :frown:
    Playing STO since August 2010
    Playing Neverwinter since July 2014
  • Options
    trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not happy at all Cryptic/PWE
  • Options
    vonbonvonbon Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I had been holding out the content drought, looking forward to season 6, doing everything i can to keep interested in the game, but now, i wonder why i should bother, this is no longer the game i loved before, even on its first release STO was never this bad, and its not even the game itself thats ruining it for me, its the company.

As stated before, the staff of PWE can burn in hell.
  • Options
    yris3yris3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for all the warning, I had created this PW account and did not use it in game, I guess I will use it on the forums, being a silver player, I don't care about my stats.

The next step is obviously forced merging from the launcher itself. (coming soon tm)

The reward is lame Cryptic/PW , give people 500 C points for doing so and everyone will be happy to pick a reward from the store.

Basically, you give people nothing and expect them to merge their account while taking everything from them? Forum names, post counts....

I say throw us a real bone and we will be happy enough not to bite you back too hard.
  • Options
    revydarkphoenixrevydarkphoenix Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Okay, Perfect World... I've been content to really just sit on the forums, and read through the items. But this... this is incredible, unbelievable, foolish, stupid, and insane! :mad: I and my husband find this new 'TRIBBLE over' of We the Customers to be unacceptable and unconscionable. Will this be fixed? I sure hope so... or else you, 'o mighty' (yea right) Perfect World, will lose two dedicated STO players who also just happen to be Lifetimers... I myself have been a member since Open Beta, and my husband wasn't too far behind me! Such disrespect to longtime subscribers is disturbing. Where'd you people in PW take Customer Service classes from, anyway? "TRIBBLE U"?

We can't buy C-points anymore? What is this Zen stuff? o.O And with such a horrible rate of exchange? This is ridiculous! A reset of our subscription time? Does this mean we have to work our way all the way back up to our Veteran rewards again? When I was halfway to 800-day? Say it isn't so! The forums are broken, our names aren't as they should be, avatars are broken... way to fix what wasn't broken, guys! :mad::mad::mad:

We the Customers will be heard... or we will hit you in the pocketbooks! Maybe then you will listen to us! This is the worst sham of Customer Service I have ever seen. Shame on you, PW!
  • Options
    broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    this is lame, my name used to be all upper case and thats how i like it
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    And with such a horrible rate of exchange?

Ow that is actually a zombie thread, you don't lose any thing at exchange. 100 Zen and 80 CP cost same cash. 100 Zen cost 1$ and 80 CP cost 1$
  • Options
    revydarkphoenixrevydarkphoenix Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh, okay. Didn't know that... there's one issue down.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What about people who only created a PWE account? :O

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    What about people who only created a PWE account? :O

We're screwed for having the foresight not to sign up to an account that wouldn't last
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Shame on you, Crypt for not giving a fair advice about the problems about linking your crypt account to PW account.

Shame on you PW, to give a lame support service, without option to select and configure many aspects of our accounts. You can't change or reconfigure your facebook account, you can't change the display name, you can't have any right to CHOOSE your own details to configure.

You want to pay a lame reward? Pffft. Please, We spend our time and money to play here. About all trouble, extreme negative image related PW and Cryptic studio are leaving to us, is really traumatic to have any faith related with your work in the future.

At least, give an answer about this problem. Give a clear and directly explanation from staff. From Crypt or from PW. But not giving any sincere "Sorry guys, we make a mistake, we are working to fix it" is a good starting step to the right direction.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    crypticvyper#7920 crypticvyper Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I truely dislike this new format on the forums, but I really hate losing my trademark user name because the system doesn't recognize it, and I hate that my log-in for my account in game had to change.. what an inconvience.. Cryptic, take back control of your forum system and account management.

STO Forum Account Creation Date: June 9, 2008 (Perpetual Entertainment at the time)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pestalence_XC
    Proud member of Xenocorp

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." - Kyle Reese, 'Terminator'
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I say we stage aprotest IN game to show our distaste, dislike, dissatisfaction and any other Dis you can think of until we are heard, Your not getting any more money from me either.
    Down with PWE!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    We could just not log in for a week. Not a massive imposition on us, but it'll show up in the stats
  • Options
    broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    just give me back my join date and actual real fourm name of BROKEN1981 join date dec 2007
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    charon1 wrote: »
    We could just not log in for a week. Not a massive imposition on us, but it'll show up in the stats

S6 is probably coming tomorrow (estimated since 21st is the day the gamma promo is over), or this month. so good luck not logging in for a week :)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    acctully thats probably the best time NOT to log in, just to show our annoyance the release of S6 have hardly any body online for it.
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This problem throw the good part of the future S6 positive impression to the window.

Now the playerbase are less happy, have less faith to PW and Crypt, have less respect to both groups.

And to tell the truth...

"We are Perfect World"
    "You are assimilated"
    "The resistence is futile"

No problem to merge and link accounts. No problem to change the forum. But the way show no respect to us. Show no responsability to say to everyone "in day X we move our forums to PW servers, and because this we have to make some temporary changes" or something sensible to show at least a respecto to the player base.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    crypticvyper#7920 crypticvyper Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    S6 is probably coming tomorrow (estimated since 21st is the day the gamma promo is over), or this month. so good luck not logging in for a week :)

Aparently you haven't listened to Dan Stahl, Exec Producar, STO on the Priority One Podcast from last week or so.

Season 6 is slated for end of July or beginning of August.. if it rolls out before then, it will be a Miracle.

http://priorityonepodcast.com/wordpress/

Priority One – Episode 85 – Wrath of Stahl

STO Forum Account Creation Date: June 9, 2008 (Perpetual Entertainment at the time)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pestalence_XC
    Proud member of Xenocorp

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." - Kyle Reese, 'Terminator'
  • Options
    happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    vonbon wrote: »
    I say we stage aprotest IN game to show our distaste, dislike, dissatisfaction...

In game? Barring Sheboygan, Wisconsin I'm not sure there's any place it would be less likely to be seen by PWE...
  • Options
    tervoldchantervoldchan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Don't try it. If you want secure password then don't link account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yezar82yezar82 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The fact that I had to do this stupid link up just to tell you lot I don't like it is just wrong.
    For Cardassia!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Thats why i used my facebook account, i hardly use it anyways, i wont tarnish my cryptic account with this PWE filth
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i wonder if anybody at pwe or cryptic have read any of this and seen were not happy ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING