test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Linking Promo

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
For a limited time only, link your Cryptic Account with a Perfect World Account to receive a special in-game promotional item. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    captainbaldycaptainbaldy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've linked my accounts in the past. How do I claim this reward?

Edit: I see it now in the c-store under Items
  • Options
    chakittychakitty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nice how there's a promotion that rewards those who have two accounts they can link, yet punishes those who only have one account and never made a seperate one. I have a PW account, never had to make a Cryptic account, and I do believe that once STO went F2P that the Cryptic account creation was killed for STO, thus you could only make a PW account.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is a very nice promotion! Going to jump in and claim mine in a bit hehe.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    is the reward live yet. I just linked and I see nothing in the c-store. BTW...hate the new website, Hate not being able to customize my own avatar, HATE having to do this in order to have access to something I've previously paid for access to.
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    [redacted]
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    captainbaldycaptainbaldy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    jam062307 wrote: »
    is the reward live yet. I just linked and I see nothing in the c-store. BTW...hate the new website, Hate not being able to customize my own avatar, HATE having to do this in order to have access to something I've previously paid for access to.

Gonna have to agree with Jam here about the custom avatar thing. I liked having my bald head staring everybody in the face.
  • Options
    edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So where/on which account I will get it?
    It seems I have zero days on my subscription ,though I used a game card few days ago. I dont know if my toons still exist so this will probably be good since everything is literally xxxxx up
  • Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWI's new slogan..."if it isn't broken, keep changing it until it is!"
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    johnynormusjohnynormus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the free stuff i guess.
  • Options
    thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I never had a Cryptic account because by the time I joined signing up yielded a PWE account - am I SoL for this promo?
  • Options
    chinpoukchinpouk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nice, thanks.
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For a limited time only, link your Cryptic Account with a Perfect World Account to receive a special in-game promotional item. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

we now forced to link accounts we lost all status on forums could been fun if we got a warning perhaps ?

ps No more virtual c store point cards = bad bad bad shame
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So so lame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    cadias01cadias01 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Curses... I had to add numbers to my name. Numbers. Of course, somebody else had my original name, somewhere out there in the universe... *sigh*
  • Options
    synkr0nizedsynkr0nized Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    chakitty wrote: »
    Nice how there's a promotion that rewards those who have two accounts they can link, yet punishes those who only have one account and never made a seperate one. I have a PW account, never had to make a Cryptic account, and I do believe that once STO went F2P that the Cryptic account creation was killed for STO, thus you could only make a PW account.

Yup, or those of us who had PWE accounts before making anything for STO.
    _______
    equal parts cynical and helpful
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Please tell me we are gonna get custom avatars back or perhaps more selections as i for one identify other members by their avatars.

as long as they are not offensive i don't see custom avatars as bad.

and wth i joined back in 09 during beta, not 2012 /ragequit
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is the exact bloody thing to prepare your customers for, not do it unexpectedly.
    Now I can't even find my own posts, can't really make a decent signature and apparently can't get an avatar.

I guess I'm just lucky I didn't have to rename MYSELF.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This promo would be much more impressive if your account linking system was actually, you know, functional.

It's not, by the way; something to look into? :rolleyes: :biggrin:

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This...really is uncalled for. No warning whatsoever.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    baelispissedoffbaelispissedoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    New website is complete trash, It's laggy and slow. Has complete idiotic pop ups which I will explain in just a sec.

I went to check to see if I could purchase C-Points because I planned to soon so that I could get the Armitage. What did I see upon loading up the new "Zen Purchase" link you might ask?

Your account must pass the following criteria:

* At least one of your characters must be level 10 or higher.

If you feel that this message is an error, please contact Perfect World Entertainment's Billing Team through the Support System.

Then add on top of that the account names don't allow for something as simple as a "Symbol" oh now we're in trouble. Because I like to have a "." in mine. Not only that but it royally messed up my chosen display name because now I had to use something completely different and I was perfectly happy with having what I had.

Now onto that error a bit more, I have 3 level 50 characters. Last time I checked 50 was a larger number then 10. Apparently in Bizarro World Entertainment this is not the case. On top of that on the STO home page it popped up the link "Would you like to learn about free offers for ZEN". Clicking said link.. "At least one of your characters must be level 10 or higher" Okay if your going to be bugged to hell then why SHOW ME THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    darkthorne70darkthorne70 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    this to me is just a mess and it would have been nice to have warning
  • Options
    johnynormusjohnynormus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I click the remember me button on the launcher after I linked my account but it still has my cryptic username typed in instead of my pw account name typed in. SO now whenever I switch between any of my 8 toons, I need to enter my username and password each time!!!! I am disappoint!

DO NOT LINK YOUR ACCOUNTS PEOPLE!!!! YOU WILL HAVE TO TYPE YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD EACH TIME YOU CHANGE CHARACTERS. YOU WERE WARNED.
  • Options
    srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    wth cryptic I go life time and forums change now I have to buy zen instead of cards, at least give me PWE cards to use for the game. also why am I screwed on this deal since I cant get a cryptic acct.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So apparently my PWE account has a non-existant e-mail address because the e-mail address is already registered to my Cryptic account. Here's hoping if PWE needs to e-mail me with anything it's through the one in Cryptic's database, not PWE's.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2012
  • Options
    rjam0rjam0 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm actually so happy with this change, thanks PWE :)

My 5000 Dil-Ore will save me from having to grind 5 STF's.

My only criticism is not being able to change my Avatar image...will this ever change?
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Linked my existing Cryptic account to a newly created PWE account and got no items.

Way to to guys! :mad:
  • Options
    rjam0rjam0 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    Linked my existing Cryptic account to a newly created PWE account and got no items.

Way to to guys! :mad:

Check the 'Items' tab in the C-Store :) (after logging out then back in with the PWE account)
  • Options
    starportsstarports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ok, when you release an update will we still need our old Cryptic account name to login? Or are we still going to select PWE acct type then put old Cryptic info in...
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Click here to read more.

Instead of that reward, can I get my display name back?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.