test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Linking Promo

Comments

• vonbonvonbon Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    well i can see that alot of us who were willing to use the C-store just plain wont, it was easy to use now, its just not worth the hassle, way to go PWE, if you were trying to milk this cash cow, you just led it closer to drying up.
  • torayerkirtorayerkir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks, but no thanks.. I'm well set for things to begin with and the items really aren't that much worth it. I mean yeah, the 5k Dilithium is nice, but here's the thing, I can get nearly double that from doing dailies. I max out every time! So while it's nice seeing others linking their Cryptic and PWE accounts together. Unless I'm absolutely forced, I'll keep them separated.
  • tyronjaratyronjara Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well ticked off that theyve done this. Felt like I had no option but to link accounts. Now on the STO login screen my old username still pops up and wont go away even though PWE have forced me to have a new user name and handle. Not Happy
    Live long and play hard!!!
  • morganusmikarumorganusmikaru Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Forced: As in a pop up telling me I had to link them in order to use the forums? Was this not true? If it wasn't...
    The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
  • alphaomega1500alphaomega1500 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012

your website looks good. But this is the year 2012 and the month of June and the day is the 20th.

But your records show that I logged in on DEC. 31 of the year 1969 at 4 PM.

If this is how your new website is currently working. I have great fears that season 6 is going to be a delayed mirror version of season 4

Boy what a mess that was for all concerned.

Lastly to PWEBRANFLAKES:

Who is the genius, who though uplinking Cryptic & PWE accounts was a good idea ???

Because if you were looking for a way to turn attention away from the lockbox problem.

You did it with this. This is going to stoke the fires even hotter been the gamer/players and PWE micro managing Cryptic running and developing of STO in every little detail.
  • scottapricescottaprice Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    How do we see who is logged on the game and how do we check our STO E-Mail from the Websites now?

Also, I can reply in the Forums, but I cannot start up a new post since I linked accounts...

What gives?
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Forced: As in a pop up telling me I had to link them in order to use the forums? Was this not true? If it wasn't...

Hey Alastor, Sucks huh?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited June 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Hey Alastor, Sucks huh?

I swear to Kahless that I am so very happy I live on the east coast right now... otherwise I might do something I regret.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    While I don't mind the promo, I don't like being practically forced to link my account just to be able to contribute information to the Forums. I also don't like that this was surprised on us and not given fair warning ahead of time.

There should have been something posted at least a couple days in advance. Including an FAQ informing everything from Zen exchange rates to the fact that threads won't get lost, just archived.

I also don't like that so far my in game emails are not showing up as private messages on the Site any more. I liked being able to check it and see if some one sent me something with out having to log in game to find out.

And then there's the Ads.... we now have ADs in Star Trek Online's forums.. :mad:

If I were a Silver/F2Per I might understand seeing Ads.. But I'm not. I'm a Lifetime Subscriiber to STO, Ads should not even touch my Computer monitor when I come to the STO Forums or to the STO Website. Same could be said for Gold Members.

To say that these changes have made me Cranky is an understatement. Especially when I know it's also coming to Champions Online. (I'm surprised that it wasn't Champions Online that got hit first, or a Double wammy of both sites at the same time.) Now I'm not going to be all "Rar rar change it back grumble rar!" Because what's done is done. Just please try to do better next time something like this has to happen. And please.. do something about these Ads..
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    webdeath wrote: »
    While I don't mind the promo, I don't like being practically forced to link my account just to be able to contribute information to the Forums. I also don't like that this was surprised on us and not given fair warning ahead of time.

There should have been something posted at least a couple days in advance. Including an FAQ informing everything from Zen exchange rates to the fact that threads won't get lost, just archived.

I also don't like that so far my in game emails are not showing up as private messages on the Site any more. I liked being able to check it and see if some one sent me something with out having to log in game to find out.

And then there's the Ads.... we now have ADs in Star Trek Online's forums.. :mad:

If I were a Silver/F2Per I might understand seeing Ads.. But I'm not. I'm a Lifetime Subscriiber to STO, Ads should not even touch my Computer monitor when I come to the STO Forums or to the STO Website. Same could be said for Gold Members.

To say that these changes have made me Cranky is an understatement. Especially when I know it's also coming to Champions Online. (I'm surprised that it wasn't Champions Online that got hit first, or a Double wammy of both sites at the same time.) Now I'm not going to be all "Rar rar change it back grumble rar!" Because what's done is done. Just please try to do better next time something like this has to happen. And please.. do something about these Ads..

Adblocker Plus is your friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My account is basically gone, I have to log in to the STOs website thru the perfect world account after the linking that I was forced to do. I can't log into the game and can't log into STO at all using my old user name or password or even my new name and password.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is beyond irritating. I may still have somewhat the same name, but I want my avatar of Frieza back. OOOOHHH 5k dilithium, I can get that in a couple dailies. Was this really necessary for the amount of people you're ticking off? All I see out of this is telling the Old Guard to stuff it and your opinion doesn't matter anymore. Thanks for nothing.

Expect more to come people. I see them already making changes to the launcher and forcing us to completely move over. If I knew that signing up for a PWE account was going to force link my Cryptic account, I wouldn't have done it. I'd like to be able to unlink NOW.

BTW, your website setup is horrible.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Adblocker Plus is your friend.

I should not have to get an Ad Blocker because of what was done to the STO Forums/Website. :mad:
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robemclarobemcla Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm using an alternate account to log into to post this. I will not change my main account to a PWE account. It will stay a cryptic account. I am very unhappy that you restricted the ability to copy character to the public test server to PWE accounts only. Since you only can leave feed back on the forums I can see I would be giving any feed back in the future or any info.

I find it distasteful that Cryptic is treating Cryptic account as second class accounts in this regard considering we stuck it out.
  • tayla15tayla15 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Expect more to come people. I see them already making changes to the launcher and forcing us to completely move over. If I knew that signing up for a PWE account was going to force link my Cryptic account, I wouldn't have done it. I'd like to be able to unlink NOW.

Can i get this button too! after reading up on PWE record i want my account Cryptic only
    Well.. this is annoying reminds of another game that did something similar
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    you can copy your toons to the test serves go to my account and where it say transfer character poof done....easy as hell
    GwaoHAD.png
  • starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tell u what thro season 6 better be something like...
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Hey Alastor, Sucks huh?

Alastor? ... Where? ... I don't see him? ... I don't see his avatar and user handle?

HEY ... Whe are you! ... I thought you were Roach! .... You sound like him, but ....

Did you get konked on the head and not know who you are any more.

::: looks at own username and freaks ...

FRAK! ... WHO AM I????
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I never got my perks, now I did change over to a PWE Account a few months back but according to the the info I read I should have gotten my Dilithium! Where is it?
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    jam062307 wrote: »
    PWI's new slogan..."if it isn't broken, keep changing it until it is!"

Sorry but this has been Cryptic slogan even b4 free2play and PWE's involvement.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Linked my accounts, didn't want to and shouldn't have done it, but to late now.

All my account info is the same except my forum name has changed from mjaymor to mjaymor78. All my Cryptic points are still there, Activated Features:

• Star Trek Online Public Test Shard
    • Star Trek Online - Preorder
    • Star Trek Online - Collector's Edition
    • Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription

• Subscribed For: 887 Days

I can't log into the game and the only way I can log into the website is if I log in thru perfect worlds log in screen, but even doing that I still can't log into the game.

Also all my STOmail is gone, 20 bridge officers gone.

Cryptic/Perfect World said that I had to link my accounts, they should have told you "Ok we want you to link your Cryptic and Perfect World accounts, Thank you." "Oh by the way after linking the accounts you won't be able to log in STO anymore."

Come on Cryptic/Perfect World fix this.
  • stormangel2001stormangel2001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i cant even find it in the game the items dont have anything there just the keys
    so this isnt even real
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    mjaymor78 wrote: »
    Linked my accounts, didn't want to and shouldn't have done it, but to late now.

All my account info is the same except my forum name has changed from mjaymor to mjaymor78. All my Cryptic points are still there, Activated Features:

snipe

Try two things.

1) make sure you changed your login type to PWE in the launcher.

2) your forum name may not have changed, but your password is you PWE one now.

I had to request my username sent to get everything working again.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited June 2012
    i have a linked account from the start of f2p and also i login with pwe account in the launcher but i dont see any rewards in the cstore under items.

How can i claim my reward?
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am not pleased. I have no intention of merging anything. This PWE account I just created at least allows me to post here. :mad:
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I swear to Kahless that I am so very happy I live on the east coast right now... otherwise I might do something I regret.

My fear is this change and account linking has been a big F-up by PWE and will result in "we" not being able to log in to STO under our old account, thus losing everything.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • churchilldog23churchilldog23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I can't access the area to copy a character over since the site went down and the perfect world one doesn't have the ability any fixes ?
  • admiralhashadmiralhash Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As a lifetime memberfrom launch, I feel violated, its hard to deal with all these problems I dont want to deal with. My accounts are all messed up now. and suport ticket hasnt been answered yet.

I actually feel sick right now from this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordxenitelordxenite Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just wanted to inform you guys that this is an impressively antagonistic way to handle your webfront.

Instead of maintaining player's identities and accounts you've managed to force people to create more accounts than they need and force them to jump through your hoops in order to link two accounts where only one was ever needed!

At the moment, writing off my Lifetime investments in Cryptic seems like a better idea than waiting for PW's Customer Support to come to my aid in fixing this mess.

Regards,
    LordOfPit
  • capcushcapcush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Some people have been complaining that the promo is not working for them has there been any issues with linking the accounts?