Install Arc
Options

Account Linking Promo

Comments

• Options
    happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    i wonder if anybody at pwe or cryptic have read any of this and seen were not happy ?

They knew we wouldn't be happy. Why do you think they didn't tell us about this before doing it? The... "benefit" of doing it this way is that those who vehemently don't want to link their accounts now never get to even make their thoughts and feeling on this known because, hey, they were locked out of the forums without warning.

They already knew we wouldn't be happy. I'm sure many of them have seen that we aren't happy. I'm sure a couple of them even care that we aren't happy, though likely no one who's opinion actually matters falls into that last group.
  • Options
    broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    are we able to remake our user name? also if my name in game is @BROKEN1981 and to sign into fourms and user name on fourms is @broken1981 will my @handle also change to lowers?
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • Options
    captwinters1701captwinters1701 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    SO how come I couldn't log in as my old user name?? how can I link accounts if you won't let me access them??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Okay, dusted an ancient Champions account. I finally got the PWE site to give me this message:
    It looks like your email address [redacted] is already associated with a PWE account. Do you want to link to that account?

So . . . to figure out what PWE account it's linked to, I try the "send me my username" and get this:
    The email address you provided is not linked to a Perfect World account.

Yes, I tried it both with and without the period in the first part of the email address...

And I've tried it with the two PWE accounts I remember. Those give me this:
    The account you are trying to link is already linked to a different account.

So, if it's linked, why does it tell me the email address isn't linked :confused:

Looks like I'll be using that customer service link...
    edited June 2012
    charon1 wrote: »
    Just...burn in Sto'Vo'Kor. We had an inkling that you didn't give a damn about your users, now we know for sure.

No the honored dead go to Sto'Vo'Kor. I think you are wanting Gre'thor.
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh dear god, what the hell is this? I realize that devs have turned a blind eye towards those with poor eye sight but the forums don't even lay out right now.

And from looking at all the screwed up charset errors, I gather they couldn't even do an import correctly.
  • Options
    hyoukihyouki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    chakitty wrote: »
    Nice how there's a promotion that rewards those who have two accounts they can link, yet punishes those who only have one account and never made a seperate one.

I just love the sense of entitlement here...

Cryptic has a problem. They need people to switch to PWE accounts, but people haven't been doing so. How do they motivate the players to switch? The classic methods are carrot and stick; reward them with a carrot to get them to switch, or whack 'em with a stick until they switch.

Your response? "WHAT?! I'm not eligible to receive this crappy little carrot? OW! OW! It's just like you're beating me with a stick! OW! STOP BEATING ME!" Color me unimpressed.

Personally, I was on the fence about making a PWE account, even with this carrot, but I had to sign up just to post this, so I guess suggesting you're too easily outraged by something this minor was more rewarding than the reward pack. Whodathunkit?
  • Options
    vonbonvonbon Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    its more to the point people who dont want to switch, are being forced to, and those who didnt need to, are being left high and dry for never having a cryptic account.

People dont like being forced to do things, and people dont like being left out, thats what it boils down to, not that those who havent got a cryptic account are missing much, i mean look at that actual reward? worth it..no..not really.
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    vonbon wrote: »
    its more to the point people who dont want to switch, are being forced to, and those who didnt need to, are being left high and dry for never having a cryptic account.

People dont like being forced to do things, and people dont like being left out, thats what it boils down to, not that those who havent got a cryptic account are missing much, i mean look at that actual reward? worth it..no..not really.

You want a screen cap on how bad the forums look to me? I can't even tell who's posting what.

Ticket filed once I figured out their broken support ticket system.

edit: Just filed yet another ticket on the broken foundry issue since I still can;t access it. The responses that came back were all for Champion Online. *sigh*
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Oh i dont disagree with you at all, its like they let a child design it, and then decided it was wrong and did it themselves, the only thing i like is the view screen thing at the top, the rest of the forums makes me sick, id rather view it in code..
  • Options
    tayla15tayla15 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It is the annoying for the factor that you are forced to do it just to login to the forums and also if you want something off the C-Store.

I was very happy with my Cryptic account playing the only game that interests me in perfect worlds line up. now i have had to create an account i didn't really want to play a game i do want to play.

The other thing i don't think anyone has raised is conversion rates for zen to c-store points, it is 100 zen to 80 c-store points. now forgive me if i'm wrong i haven't found the zen costs yet because according to perfect world i don't have a lvl 10 character :confused:, but does that now mean that it is going to cost more due to the conversion rates?
    Well.. this is annoying reminds of another game that did something similar
  • Options
    happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tayla15 wrote: »
    The other thing i don't think anyone has raised is conversion rates for zen to c-store points, it is 100 zen to 80 c-store points. now forgive me if i'm wrong i haven't found the zen costs yet because according to perfect world i don't have a lvl 10 character :confused:, but does that now mean that it is going to cost more due to the conversion rates?

80CP = $1
    100Zen = $1

So you'll convert 100Zen to 80CP. Everything should cost the same. You'll just have to jump through more hoops. Which makes sense, because why should it be convenient for you to give them your money. You should have to work for it, no?
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Another terribly handled change. Congratulations!

I actually don't mind the new look itself, let's not get out the pitchforks and undermine our credibility by hating the change so hard.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    tayla15tayla15 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    80CP = $1
    100Zen = $1

So you'll convert 100Zen to 80CP. Everything should cost the same. You'll just have to jump through more hoops. Which makes sense, because why should it be convenient for you to give them your money. You should have to work for it, no?

rightio, Thanks for clearing that one up for me :eek:
    Well.. this is annoying reminds of another game that did something similar
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You want a screen cap on how bad the forums look to me? I can't even tell who's posting what.

Thats very true, before the forum was changed - along with other things - when reading through a thread i could instantly look at the persons avatar and see who the writer was as that made following a certain conversation - if there was more than 1 going on - very easy.
    The whole look and feel of the forum is not good at all
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Do i have to link my crytpic account to PWE to log into STO itself?
  • Options
    picardxpicardx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No cryptic logins to the game still work as of this morning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Bran this is PATHETIC, one day we randomly loose the STO website, the site we've used for over TWO years, and force us to come to your intrusive website in exchange for alittle pack of items we already have, nothing new that i can see.

If it wern't for the fact that I need to transfer my account in order to use the forums i'd have thrown this idiotic promo back in your faces.

Yet another point of referance as to how bad the idea was to get into bed with PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    maoguinmaoguin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ya, thnx, now since i linked accounts, i can't log into the game...

same.. can log into website but not into game under pw account.

edit--
    after e-mails and resets, finally working and was able to claim c-store items. thanks :)
  • Options
    grimcreaperedpgrimcreaperedp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So i take it i cant get this bonus then since i combined the accounts before i actually started playing a week and a half ago?
  • Options
    njdmb30njdmb30 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is stupid. My PWE account says it's linked to another account, but I don't know which. It's different from my Cryptic account that I would use to log into the game.

Now our Join Dates are all reset to this month. I created my account the very first day that this site originally opened 4 years ago. I liked having that, but now it's gone. Thanks for nothing.
    edited June 2012
    Only plus for merging account is ability to earn free Zen/CP... no wait... I can't do that because this sick system don't see my almost two and half years old account which I play STO.

Just like Sheldon Cooper like to says: "Ow... Damn you Perfect World"
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Perfect World..a joke of a name for a bigger joke of a company
  • Options
    silverwings2silverwings2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well done Cryptic......sorry PWE-Cryptic...........PWE. I've heard of TRIBBLE ups but this? No sane business pulls this kind of stunt without informing it's consumer base.

The reward sucks I could make that kind of reward in 2 minutes and from the sounds of it in return I get so heavily screwed over this 'compensation' more like, just won't cut it.

Cryptich have told us %^&$? all so no, I refuse to link until Cryptic tell us just whatthese changes mean and they sort out the list of errors. This is exactly why I never jump at what Cryptic says I always wait an extended amount of time so they can sort out their mistakes because strangely enough there nearly always are, the T5 Akira not in STFs?

Sorry Cryptic but get your affairs in order and make it worth my while.
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If it wern't for the fact that I need to transfer my account in order to use the forums i'd have thrown this idiotic promo back in your faces.
    You don't need to transfer anything. You can use the forums using a separate PW account that is not linked with your Cryptic account. That's what I'm doing ATM.

But I agree, this whole situation - regardless whether it's PWE or Cryptic decission - is pathetic.

One day I'm listening to a podcast interview with Stahl, who says how they want to form a stronger community in the game, and later how they would like to encourage people to link their Cryptic and PWE accounts by providing some incentive to do so. And then, the next day - BAM - "Go link your accounts if you want to continue using the website and the forums, which has now gone from simple to pathetic in both design and functionality. What? You don't want to? Well, we don't care! It's not like we didn't warn yo...ooohhh... right... wait... well... we still don't care!"

Right now we can still log-in using our standard Cryptic account and unless there's going to be some major forced merging (i.e. "do so or you won't be able to play anymore"), I don't intend to change that.

If anything, I would like to get some FAQ or other details regarding this procedure. As I asked earlier - which data is going to be the primary one? Which e-mail address is going to be used? What about are account details that some people report being reset? This, and many more, I would like to have explained in some official post.

As for the incentive itself, well - LOL...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The pictures may have changed, but the whining is still the same.:biggrin:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    captallendalecaptallendale Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    OK, here is my question. I have a Cryptic account from STO launch. Lets just call his account A. I made a seperate f2p account through PWE when I came back. This is account B. If I link them, will I get all 9 of my characters on one account? Will I lose characters.
    Do i need to create a seperate second pwe account to link my cryptic account too so I dont overwrite one of the accounts. Please help.
  • Options
    morganusmikarumorganusmikaru Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am, admittedly, not amused. For one. Alastor Forthright had become part of who I was. It's my name for Tribbles N XTC, and when I appear on TrekRadio... Now, if I read things correctly, I'm stuck with a name I chose while trying to test Forsaken World (which I found horribly lackluster) and the name was basically forced on me because of well... They're registration process was so damn borked it wasn't funny. So yeah... this sucks... and I'd very much like to change my display name...
    The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
  • Options
    mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I linked my account and now I can't log into STO says my password or username are invalid, but i can log on and off into STO website and post here no problem, but I can't get into the game, help would be nice.

Also all my mail is gone.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, this is just pathetic that PW uses a bribe tactic to get folks to give them access to their CW accounts. I was totally happy not having a direct link between my Cryptic and PW accounts (got a PW for other reasons related to Bug Reports). Now I have to get a link just to use the C-Store on the website? I am just confused about this change, especially since I thought PW was going to let Cryptic run it business without PW interference. :confused: