Options

Account Linking Promo

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lordxenite wrote: »
    Just wanted to inform you guys that this is an impressively antagonistic way to handle your webfront.

Instead of maintaining player's identities and accounts you've managed to force people to create more accounts than they need and force them to jump through your hoops in order to link two accounts where only one was ever needed!

At the moment, writing off my Lifetime investments in Cryptic seems like a better idea than waiting for PW's Customer Support to come to my aid in fixing this mess.

Regards,
    LordOfPit

Cant stress that enough!!!!. We should have had to have done nothing....

I have some questions I cant get answered.

Lets assume you have been Bob@Bob since 2009.

You now have to decide if you want a forum name or account name. Lets say I want my forum name and change my account to Bob2012 .... does this mean

1) in game I am now Bob or Joe@Bob2012? or do I remain @bob

2) How does that effect email

3) how does that effect people who have me as a friend

4) how does that effect my exchange sales

I dont actually feel I have enough info to make any informed decisions. And who's fault is that.... could it be PWE's for not warning us and answering questions BEFORE this happened.

I am not even clear what the frak im "linking". Sounds like Im just creating a NEW Pwe account.

Going to keep my cryptic account until I have more info...

Now what has REALLY REALLY REALLY enraged me is that I havent been able to access the forum to find out any info with creating a PWE account just to view posts....

Can i just say that PWE has no clue how run a game.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Cant stress that enough!!!!. We should have had to have done nothing....

I have some questions I cant get answered.

Lets assume you have been Bob@Bob since 2009.

You now have to decide if you want a forum name or account name. Lets say I want my forum name and change my account to Bob2012 .... does this mean

I dont actually feel I have enough info to make any informed decisions. And who's fault is that.... could it be PWE's for not warning us and answering questions BEFORE this happened.

I am not even clear what the frak im "linking". Sounds like Im just creating a NEW Pwe account.

Going to keep my cryptic account until I have more info...

Now what has REALLY REALLY REALLY enraged me is that I havent been able to access the forum to find out any info with creating a PWE account just to view posts....

Can i just say that PWE has no clue how run a game.

When linking your accounts, you will be presented with a page that has information fields. The first two are account name and display name. They cannot be the same. The account name is what you use when logging into the game and or website. The Display name is the name people see on the website or in game (your @handle). Hope that helps you.
    Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
    Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    joeykoric wrote: »
    When linking your accounts, you will be presented with a page that has information fields. The first two are account name and display name. They cannot be the same. The account name is what you use when logging into the game and or website. The Display name is the name people see on the website or in game (your @handle). Hope that helps you.

no that doesnt help... i dont need remedial help. I keep hearing story after story of things being messed up. I dont want to lose 40 items on the exchange because of account glitches... I dont want people to not be able to send tells or emails to etc.

Had they discussed this I dont know days ago we could have cleared up any possible issues.

Still for me there is no reason to bother with this at all. There is no benefit to me. Ill just use this FTP account I have and not mess with the cryptic one until they force us.

I want no part of any more of anything to do with PWE. Not their Zen or Core or anything. I will never touch anything they are involved in.

Seems like all they had to do is swicth us over and then deal with handful of accounts that had name issues rather than making all of us angry.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The PW support group can give some directions, but can't do anything great. Only can reset your password, but can't unlink your account if you make a mistake or restore anything.

I have some problems with my account, but I have a horrible time dealing with the support. They can't help you about many problems. :mad:
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You will remain @bob. For now, anyway. That's personal experience. I was @Reave. Reave as an account or display name was taken. In game, in chat, I still see myself as Ereth@Reave.

I take it you mean personal messages. It shouldn't. Beyond the fact that the forum PMs and ingame messages are now separate.

Same thing. In game, no difference. On the site, the now online section has been replaced with an advert.

Assuming a lot of people are pissed off, you're losing some potential customers. That's all.

I don't know if at any point they are going to change your @handle as well. Or what would happen if the person who took the name Reave on the PWE side decides to give STO a go. As far as I'm concerned they'd better make him pick another name this time around, cause I don't have that many straws left.

There is a 'bug', caused by lazy programming I guess, where your in-client login screen's 'remember my username' checkbox doesn't actually remember your username, but just fills in the @handle you last logged into. Guess they figured no one'd ever find out about that. But if you alt-hop as much as I (Nine alts, few thousand Doffs) it'll start to grate on you fast. This might be fixed by switching our ingame @handles to our new login names, but that kinda completely beats the point of having separate display and login IDs, doesn't it? And if I become @hrisvalar, as the system is, I can't log in with that, and that's what it'll fill in. Plus, you're right to be concerned by my estimate. Cryptic managed in one patch to conjoin the apparently unrelated sneezing Boffs and cloaking failure. If they touch our account names, which tie into truly everything, I've little confidence we'll not all end up starting over at ensign 1, with no mails, no friends lists, no fleets, no chat channels and no C-store unlocks.

But that would suit PWE just fine, I think, so all bets are off...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Seems like all they had to do is swicth us over and then deal with handful of accounts that had name issues...

I don't know. It just occurred to me, I don't recall having seen a single familiar display name to date. I now very much suspect that at some point PWE added all of our Cryptic usernames to their database, maybe intending to protect them for us, or maybe just cause they were all so shiny and would pad out their membercount bragging rights or whatever. I can believe Reave was taken, but some of the forum names out there were a lot more original than that, and I haven't seen one of them make a re-occurence.

So, to put that to the test; if anyone tied their Cryptic account to a new PWE account, and got to keep either their @handle or display name, please let me us know here.

People who came in through PWE naturally need not apply. (And shame on you sir!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    quvbaghquvbagh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's decent, but it would have been nice for all current characters. Or at least it should say it's only claimable once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thoroon wrote: »
    It can be found unter "Items". When you open it, you get several items (Weapon crate etc.) to use on this toon.

Nope, not seeing it any where in the Cstore. :frown:

DO I ahve to claim it ingame only?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    I don't know. It just occurred to me, I don't recall having seen a single familiar display name to date. I now very much suspect that at some point PWE added all of our Cryptic usernames to their database, maybe intending to protect them for us, or maybe just cause they were all so shiny and would pad out their membercount bragging rights or whatever. I can believe Reave was taken, but some of the forum names out there were a lot more original than that, and I haven't seen one of them make a re-occurence.

So, to put that to the test; if anyone tied their Cryptic account to a new PWE account, and got to keep either their @handle or display name, please let me us know here.

People who came in through PWE naturally need not apply. (And shame on you sir!)
    *waves* hehe :smile:
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Nope, not seeing it any where in the Cstore. :frown:

DO I ahve to claim it ingame only?
    Yes, only from in game.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »

<= Kept same @handle / forum name. (Not same ("secret") username, however.)

And it is very unlikely that someone else claimed my username.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    lordxenitelordxenite Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Considering all that has transpired with PWE and Cryptic, and seeing as how NWO is going to be F2P anyway, I think an interesting compensation for linking our accounts would be a beta-key invite for any and all who link their accounts. What do you think Bran? :cool:
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I personally merged my old PW account (from the actual Perfect World game) with my Cryptic account (where I have a lifetime CO sub) and then used that newly merged account to buy STO.

I qualified and got my items.

However, I have a friend who had a PW account from Forsaken World, and a Cryptic account from Champions Online. He joined a few weeks ago, so I'm guessing he may have used a brand new PW account?

What's the exact requirement for the items?
    Have STO on a Cryptic account and merge with PW?
    Have STO on a PW account and merge a Cryptic account?

Did he just fail to merge? Once merged, you can't log onto STO with the Cryptic account anymore, right? Perhaps he just messed up and merged his Forsaken World PW account with his STO PW account? Hm...
  • Options
    ottmanedc271ottmanedc271 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    damn it i have a perfect world account from the beginning what means i get nothing... haha :mad: , sometimes the wrong choice kicks you right in the TRIBBLE... :mad:
  • Options
    docastondocaston Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have linked and i have looked under items in the c-store i dont see the special, where do you get it anywhere else???

Edit: i found it on the game c-store.
  • Options
    majhavokmajhavok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I linked my accounts but have not recieved anything...:confused: :frown:
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    majhavok wrote: »
    it's in the C-Store under the Items tab.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    falty1979falty1979 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    majhavok wrote: »

Look at to C-store menu Items :wink:
  • Options
    kakarot069kakarot069 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i have an account through Perfect World, but not one through Cryptic...
    does this affect me at all?
  • Options
    tngisbest724tngisbest724 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't believe I've gotten my free items for linking. I saw it in the C-store after linking the accounts, but my inventory was full so it would not allow me to take the free item box. I cleared out some items, but then it was gone. I know I have not gotten the dilithium, so I'm not sure what happened to it at that point. Has anyone else had a problem like that?
  • Options
    savadioussavadious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I linked my accounts and then a few minutes later... BORG WERE AT MY DOOR !

I was terrified... but they handed me a PROMO box with some unrefined ore and a few other goodies - so I called it a good deal !
    :P
  • Options
    venom16000venom16000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    that isnt fair to the people who had a perfect world account and didnt make a cryptic account, i mean your are promoting your website, why not reward those who chose you in the first place. :confused:
  • Options
    aelogriaaelogria Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I hope its worth it.

@Desdecardo since 2008.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    venom16000 wrote: »
    that isnt fair to the people who had a perfect world account and didnt make a cryptic account, i mean your are promoting your website, why not reward those who chose you in the first place. :confused:

Pretty much like anyone in business give soemthing to new people existing people get nothing
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nightshade1979nightshade1979 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    People make note if you had a PW acct and created your STO acct with that that is not what they consider acct linking you have to have a separate cryptic acct then link it to a PW acct. just another loophole for them to play on.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I put in a ticket about this issue. Have to retype new user name every time I login/switch characters and is getting annoying since I can't logon under Cryptic account after linking them but it won't save the PWE one.

They need to come up with a fix for this, and a larger reward for having to put up with this nonsense as well since in essence we all did them a favor for a measly 5k dilithium and some junk consumables i'll never use just so I can annoy and frustrate myself even further.

Way to go Cryptic and PWE!
  • Options
    nealuknealuk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Knew this day would come....
    full
  • Options
    data3ohdata3oh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am disappoint

Not a fan of the PWE account linking
  • Options
    cushionridecushionride Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nothing like getting dicked for a dilithium promo as well as getting dicked on the test server.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    Pretty much like anyone in business give soemthing to new people existing people get nothing

Actually, that's a little backwards, since those of us with Cryptic accounts have been around longer, since when the game went free to play the new comers joined with PWE accounts.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!