test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Linking Your Accounts

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
We've just launched the new Star Trek Online website, and we're sure you have questions. Read more for answers and other important information.

Link to the news article.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    trickeyzombietrickeyzombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What about the in game mail, I'm hearing reports of it disappearing after linking accounts, any word on if this is intended?
  • Options
    broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    if our fourm name is different from our in game @handle will our in game name now change? as you see my name is all lower case in fourms and used to be all uppers. my in game @handle is all uppers. would hope that stays the same. also would it be possible for my fourm name to beccome all uppers as well?
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • Options
    omega9hunteromega9hunter Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We've just launched the new Star Trek Online website, and we're sure you have questions. Read more for answers and other important information.

I am dissappointed with that FAQ. It states that account names were reserved, and yet I found myself having to make a new account and forum used name. :frown: The form had filled itself out with my old data, which was promptly in red to say it was taken.
  • Options
    starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Cool, will do
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    What about the in game mail, I'm hearing reports of it disappearing after linking accounts, any word on if this is intended?

This should not be occurring. I'll forward the concern to the team.
    broken1981 wrote: »
    if our fourm name is different from our in game @handle will our in game name now change? as you see my name is all lower case in fourms and used to be all uppers. my in game @handle is all uppers. would hope that stays the same. also would it be possible for my fourm name to beccome all uppers as well?

We added this to the FAQ that is linked:

What about my @handle? Is it gone?

Nope. Your @handle is integral to your Cryptic account, and will always be what you use in-game. Think of it this way: instead of two names, now you have three: Account name, @handle, and forum name. Your @handle and forum name CAN be the same, but will not be automatically. Changing your forum name does NOT change your @handle, or vice versa.
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why wasn't this released in advance of the changes and why wasn't the community told these changes would occur?

Not that I am bothered to much by the changes, I just think this could have been better handled.
    We added this to the FAQ that is linked:

Nope. Your @handle is integral to your Cryptic account, and will always be what you use in-game. Think of it this way: instead of two names, now you have three: Account name, @handle, and forum name. Your @handle and forum name CAN be the same, but will not be automatically. Changing your forum name does NOT change your @handle, or vice versa.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So uh... do we still have Cryptic accounts? Why does that response specifically mention Cryptic Accounts if we all have PW accounts now?
  • Options
    starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I linked them it seems, but I dont see the prize....
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    One big problem ... My @handle was considered to have "illegal" characters in it.

And even though my characters in game are still labeled with my old @handle (@P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R) .... my forum handle is genhauk.

What does this mean ... I cannot buy C-points nor Zen nor tie existing characters to my "Core" page.

In fact, I'm told that I have zero characters on the Core page and thus cannot buy Zen until I have at least one character at level 10.

News flash ... I've got 18 characters in game.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    morganusmikarumorganusmikaru Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Yes. and I WANT to change my display name/forum name. WHERE CAN I DO THIS?
    The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2012

What he said.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    josephkerrjosephkerr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Yeah I do, who thought this was a good idea and how long have you given them to clean out their desk?

Same question for the chap/chapette that thought the site looked good and thought less functionality would be super.

EDIT: BTW, any reason you chose ot usea pic of the old, inaccurate and much less enjoyable model of the Galaxy class over the newer one for your backgrounds?
  • Options
    darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Its strange, my @ handle i can login with Cryptic stuff and it says its bound to PWE already, but i cannot login with it? Pressing the 'Have a cryptic account?' thingy wont work either cuz i have to make a totally new one..

WTF is going on its all messed up..
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • Options
    charon1charon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

This, please don't suggest we do something unless you're SURE we can actually do it on this broken-as-all-hell new forum.

Also the game character section of my profile is useless, as it doesn't have any STO characters there.
  • Options
    balranbalran Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Ditto for me. The merge for some reason chopped the first 4 letters off my forum name.
  • Options
    hanix1986hanix1986 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I had already linked my accounts before this big move. I linked them the day I first bought Zen and have been signing in using the Perfect World sign in ever since, but yet, I can't seem to get my reward from the C-Store as it is not appearing. How can I get this resolved?
  • Options
    charon1charon1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hanix1986 wrote: »
    I had already linked my accounts before this big move. I linked them the day I first bought Zen and have been signing in using the Perfect World sign in ever since, but yet, I can't seem to get my reward from the C-Store as it is not appearing. How can I get this resolved?

You only get the reward if you link them now, during this promo - not after it, not before it.

Just like every other promo - I bought gamma quadrant doffs last month and got no Lobi crystals
  • Options
    brodie0854brodie0854 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will our infractions points be carried over, or do new forums mean a fresh start with a clean slate?
  • Options
    jared1701jared1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    defalus wrote: »
    Why wasn't this released in advance of the changes and why wasn't the community told these changes would occur?

Not that I am bothered to much by the changes, I just think this could have been better handled.

I agree why wasn't this FAQ and more information released BEFORE the changes were made. Atleast give us time to prepare and make sure we get the forum names we want. I'm lucky I got the same one a lot of others weren't so lucky and are NOT happy with the names they got, is there anyway they can still change them?
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    brodie0854 wrote: »
    Will our infractions points be carried over, or do new forums mean a fresh start with a clean slate?

Based on the fact I can write this... clean slate.
  • Options
    materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am highly disappointed in this as well. I tried creating a pwe account using my cryptic information before the link was announced or even offered, and would like to use the cryptic info over my pwe info. it was a mistake making my forum name materwindu, and I dislike it. I also dislike the idea of the bonus item pack being restricted to one character. If I had known that ahead of time, I would not have redeemed it on my max level character. I think the whole deal is a ripoff with that restriction not even listed.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    So uh... do we still have Cryptic accounts? Why does that response specifically mention Cryptic Accounts if we all have PW accounts now?

We've updated the FAQ again to clarify.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We've updated the FAQ again to clarify.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon, bro, I love you to death, but...

...you guys didn't think this "upgrade" through very well, did you?
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this. We've added this to the FAQ.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    fuuuuuuuu1234567fuuuuuuuu1234567 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ahhh branflakes still alive i see ? dont envy you today, i really do hope your wages reflect the cr*p you have to deal with :wink:
  • Options
    cosmoscolacosmoscola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    we've Just Launched The New Star Trek Online Website, And We're Sure You Have Questions. Read More For Answers And Other Important Information.

link To The News Article.

No No No No No No No No No No No No No
  • Options
    mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This transition was a pain, like what has already been said i had to create a completely new setup. and then the avatar selection is horrid.
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Here's a question for the FAQ:

Why was it necessary to update the forums, and reset everyone avatars, post-counts and signatures, when the old forums was working just fine?

As a side-question (not necessarily for the FAQ): Why was the new forums released in an UNFINISHED state? Most notably the glaringly ugly button icons, and the lack of a "Report" feature, which existed on the old forums?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    cosmoscolacosmoscola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ahhh branflakes still alive i see ? dont envy you today, i really do hope your wages reflect the cr*p you have to deal with :wink:

Yeah... This is not good.
  • Options
    admiraltibbettsadmiraltibbetts Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Unfortunately, there is no way to do this. We've added this to the FAQ.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That is incorrect. vBulletin DOES have that option available. I have been using vBulletin for quite a few years and believe me.... It IS there.

Just as the option to upload/link avatars is there, or using BBCode in signatures... It's all there.
    Cowl: "Insolent child! I will rip your mind asunder!"
    Harry Dresden: "Bring it, Darth Bathrobe!"
    :cool: