What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Linking Promo

Comments

• Options
    bear0dicebear0dice Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I tried to link my accounts and all I get is an error.

To hell with this. I will never link my lifetime STO or CO accounts and I will never spend another penny with Cryptic or PWE.

Way to lose a loyal paying customer with this fiasco.

[Expletives deleted prior to post.]
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tHERE IS NO "GIFT" IN THE cSTORE.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    bahagssbahagss Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    so your system is fraked up....i have a PW account and a Cryptic account...it will not let me link them as it keeps telling me the PW account is already linked...i cant submit the a support ticket because your redirects are also fraked up...my Cryptic is a lifetime subscriber...i better not lose that account or sht will be flown
  • Options
    robotkadavrobotkadav Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i just did it, created a PWE account to merge the two.
    not because of the rewards (literally none of them are ANY use to me, barely good for EC either), i did it because the whole site is shoving the free zen survey in my face and i could use a little extra c-points. I tried to do it, but it says i have to have a level 10 character and one week since account creation to have access to it, even though i merged the pwe account with the cryptic account i had since STO open beta.

Is that intentional? Will the survey thing be around a week from now, or is it deliberately just for old PWE players?
  • Options
    retunred4goodretunred4good Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I do not see where to link my accounts. Yes, I followed the instructions. I have a separate Cryptic and PWE account already, they just need to be merged.
    -It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
  • Options
    vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wait the IG C-store does not have the gift?

I know all my previous C-Store purchases are gone from the website. Hopefully I can still reclaim them IG.
  • Options
    pillslingerpillslinger Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Once again, PW did something with obviously very little fore thought, and well, the results speak for themselves. I am not suprised, this kind of thing seems to happen a lot. Now our website and forums are as disfunctional as Perfect World...YEAH
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wow... This came out of the proverbial black hole. Why was there no announcement regarding this switch?

I think you owe us an apology for this abrupt and unwanted change.

The old forums looked much better, and try logging into the new forums with an iPad, the virtual keyboard is infront of the login info, making it hard to see what you are typing.
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited June 2012
    Not worth it. Now if it has been oh i don't know something worth it like a free ship etc maybe then...
  • Options
    pillslingerpillslinger Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PS,
    I not only think you owe us a apology, but given the big inconvieniance you caused us, we should get something better than a crappy weapon, a little dilithium and some skill points I already have more of than I need. How about some content, oh I forgot, that might make some people happy, wouldn't want to do that:rolleyes:
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Theres no gift no C-story!

This staff is making a @%##$?#?#&%?# work.

Have no respect with the playerbase
    Have no responsibility to give a decent orientation
    Have no shame to make a stupid transition work to link our accounts
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think I linked my accounts a while ago, but I can't seem to remember when (either that or I have forgotten my cryptic account name and password).

Who do I contact in order to get this checked out?
  • Options
    podsixpodsix Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    When all this forum mess is done, I hope we get a little something ingame that says we survived a horrendous battle. Kinda like the Shaka badge.

I'm thinking an eyepatch. :wink:
    7n4nvF5.png
  • Options
    thunderbisonthunderbison Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Does anyone have the Cryptic website link by chance ?
  • Options
    yris3yris3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    podsix wrote: »

I'm thinking an eyepatch. :wink:

Make that a dual eyepatch so we never see anything like this again.
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ZEN is now working for me ... still bad execution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    enyojarosenyojaros Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm picky on where I leave my personal info around the internet, my reasons for this are my own but my info should be mine to control. What assurances do I have that my personal info on my now defunct Cryptic account will be erased, I have not given permission for PWE to have any of my credit card info for example, and I DO NOT want that info passed on to them. (seems the link is a one way deal too so no going back)

I did make the link when I got on line earlier today and after getting in game and clicking the buy CP button in the CStore regretted it.
    I dont want Zen and I dont want to need to have a calculator handy each time I purchase.

This whole account linking and forum 'upgrade' (shudder) is farcical at best. The marketing guys that decided to roll with nah lets not tell the players, they will find out soon enough need a right kick up the backside with a simultaneous 'Gibbs Slap' upside the head.

One pissed off player who will be going nowhere near buying Zen no matter what gets released to the store.
  • Options
    alaris3alaris3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Will have to say that I do not approve. Well, sort of.

I can understand offering an incentive to convert accounts, or merge them. That's perfectly fine.

The problem is... you've also locked off the forum, forcing anyone who wants to post in it to merge/convert their accounts. That... that is a big no-no. You should have just offered incentive, and allowed people to make the choice, rather than force the matter.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the Star Trek Online Launcher forces people to convert their accounts before they login.
  • Options
    jymowardjymoward Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Dislike all the Zen ads. I only play this game - no use for Zen - nor the survey ads. And depersonalizing the forums is a bad trick too.
  • Options
    abrahamjohnson83abrahamjohnson83 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Please PW - why this all. And then so a bad quality! All is TRIBBLE. Have to reedit all UserCP settings. All posts and private messages lost. Irritation about what account to login in forum or game is still the lesser evil.

But did you ever heard about ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) it's a process to merge the data. So please import my private messages. That can't be lost.

I'am surprised because my profession is programmer in RIA. So what is exploded here. Shame! Did you need help with that? This is my serious!

So far, I had a lot of praise for the webpage and the game. But this is a complete waste of effort. WHY???

Looking forward you get all that fixed!
  • Options
    laytinlaytin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    80CP = $1
    100Zen = $1

So you'll convert 100Zen to 80CP. Everything should cost the same. You'll just have to jump through more hoops. Which makes sense, because why should it be convenient for you to give them your money. You should have to work for it, no?

My thoughts exactly. I'm not going to buy one virtual currency in order to buy another. It looks like I can still buy C-Points in game, but only through my Steam wallet, so at least that's something... I guess.
  • Options
    erizuerizu Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    "The account you are trying to link is already linked to a different account. If you feel you are receiving this in error, please contact customer service. "

> clicking on the link, click on "Submit a ticket. Logging in with my PW account and bam >

This web page has a redirect loop

Unable to make a ticket as well. Fun stuff.

-

So I'm unable to logon my cryptic account (on the website) so I'm unable to cancel my gold account. >.>
  • Options
    acenoodlesacenoodles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    how do i log into the game with the linked account i tried several times but no go.
  • Options
    abrahamjohnson83abrahamjohnson83 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    acenoodles wrote: »
    how do i log into the game with the linked account i tried several times but no go.

A try:
    There is a mismatch of account name and display name?!
  • Options
    ruffled123ruffled123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is BS. I had different Cryptic and PW usernames. How the PW username is what was saved after I linked accounts. No one knows me bythis name...which could be good I suppose but its still idiotic.
  • Options
    acenoodlesacenoodles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    figured it out
  • Options
    morganusmikarumorganusmikaru Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    here's a brilliant idea. Since nobody can buy C-points or Zen... Add some Zen/Cpoints to that package so people can actually do something!
    The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
  • Options
    grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The problem with the transfer of Zen over to STO C-points has now been fixed, PWE have added Holodeck in the Server selection step!
    Playing STO since August 2010
    Playing Neverwinter since July 2014
  • Options
    admiraltibbettsadmiraltibbetts Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This linking is TRIBBLE. How do I change my bloody forum name to what it was before?
    Cowl: "Insolent child! I will rip your mind asunder!"
    Harry Dresden: "Bring it, Darth Bathrobe!"
    :cool:
  • Options
    morganusmikarumorganusmikaru Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    jymoward wrote: »
    Dislike all the Zen ads. I only play this game - no use for Zen - nor the survey ads. And depersonalizing the forums is a bad trick too.

I'd love to know this myself... You'd think 15 bucks a month is enough to pay someone to give me my unique user name back...
    The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist