Install Arc
Options

Account Linking Promo

Comments

• Options
    happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ? 5,000 Unrefined Dilithium Ore

? A consumable item that grants 2,500 EXP (or Bridge Officer skill points if your character is at max level)

? A random Rare or Very Rare weapon, scaled to your level (space or ground)

? A pack of random ?Self? Dual Consumables

? A pack of random ?Team? Dual Consumables

I signed up for the forum posting privileges. Had I not the above would not have tempted me.

I mean... seriously? That's supposed to be incentive? Less than a day's worth of Dilithium, a handful of consumables, a pitance of XP (which already falls from the sky) and single random weapon not even an item that's unique or impressive...?

Really?

By any chance did the person who threw this promotion together never play the game before and have no idea concerning the value of anything in it?
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Woah, this is confusing as..

Some warning would've been nice.

Do we still buy C-points or Zen now??
    When I get home do I login with cryptic account or PWE account when logging into game?

Forums need some more work. Half the buttons are out of theme or don't make sense. Avatars, signatures??
    Also when editing a post what's the black text field down the bottom of the edit area for?
    No BBcode in signatures!??
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    arkatrixarkatrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So now I've lost my forum name, account name, join date, posts count I've had since open beta :(!! Honestly makes me not want to play STO anymore when you introduce stupid things like this!
  • Options
    broken1981broken1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For a limited time only, link your Cryptic Account with a Perfect World Account to receive a special in-game promotional item. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

please tell me i can still buy c-points in game and right now this is just a stuipd bug. i open c-store in game, try to buy c-points and the game opens my browser. i swear if it stays like this kiss my money good buy. i hate having a pwe account so far. i cant even buy zen. needs a level 10 account? wtf is that?
    I can throw [Fireworks] at you and hope you catch on fire and burn to death lol
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Apparently someone forgot to tell PWE that unrefined dilithium and vendor trash are easy to obtain in their game.

Then again, since no one from PWE has ever actually played this game, it's not surprising that they don't know.
  • Options
    laytinlaytin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nice one Cryptic. Lost my previous post count count, my user name and my original join date. It might not seem like much, but having used the login since 2009; it meant something to me.

Oh, and it looks like I can't buy C-Points directly anymore, only Zen. If my only options are to buy PWE currency and use that to buy C-Points, then I'll just pass altogether. I don't play any other PWE games, I have no intention of playing any PWE game, and I'd rather not bother with Zen.

Not liking this one bit.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    seem a little under handed that no warning this was on the cards tbh + hate the new look :frown: , it may just drive some to cancel their subs tbh

edit : the forum is buggy as hell when you edit a post it gives me an invalid thread warning
    No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    amavaramavar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Are passwords limited to 14 characters?
  • Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Cops should have speed traps as effective as this account linking TRIBBLE. They'd make a fortune in tickets.
    Luckily I found that my balance of C-Points is still there, not *poof* gone, but now I'm subscribed for 0 day (yes, singular). As a gold member I was over 4 months and counting and now I'm back to 0? I don't think so!
    If you're going to "link", then LINK! That implies MERGE, not OVERWRITE!
    And, yes, I'm a little tweaked at the lamesauce cookie cutter avatars and no signature too.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    wixibanwixiban Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You also can't purchase any new C-Points or Zen until a week after creating your account by the looks of it. I leep getting an error ,essage when I try to purchase points.
    Wixiban.png
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For a limited time only, link your Cryptic Account with a Perfect World Account to receive a special in-game promotional item. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

Ya, thnx, now since i linked accounts, i can't log into the game...
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    When I tried to log into the Launcher after merging accounts it told me to use my PWE account instead.

Just FYI.
  • Options
    laytinlaytin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh, and all my in game mail has been deleted also. Awesome.
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No problem to link your account, but to lost your personal avatar, lost your choice to show the right forum name, lost to miss a lot of important, personal and private information? Lost my access to ingame e-mail from the website of STO.

I hate my PW account because I can't change the facebook account, a private thing I can't change from PW page and I don't want to share from other persons. And now I have the same problem in the STO forum and website.

I hate the PW to much I stoped to play other games, and I buy my C-points only from steam wallet. Now I am forced to use my PW account because I can't configure or correct the problem association.

Aaaaarrrrgh.

I love *GOOD* changes, but this version of forum is new, but really anoying, broken and force us to really hate many aspects of PW for losing our own indentify.

Your complain? Or quit your forum or of accept it. I have a strong feeling to quit, because PW killed all identify I have with the forum.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    How do we get to our mail on the website now?

It gave me a "Halt Cadet" page.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    How do we get to our mail on the website now?

It gave me a "Halt Cadet" page.

Apparently, you don't.

According to raisin bran, there's no news as to whether you ever will be able to again.
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    When I tried to log into the Launcher after merging accounts it told me to use my PWE account instead.

Just FYI.

tryed that, still nothing

Update: finally figured it out. damned autofiller was messing with me
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm sorry to hear that.

I logged into the game and got my promo stuff under "items" in the cstore as previously mentioned.

Maybe close and relaunch the launcher?

I was logged into these forums at the time if that helps.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    ARRRGH

I lost my C-points after liking this dawn page of PW!

In the game I have some points, but in my PW Page/STO page I have zero. :mad:

Lost all identify, my avatar, my info and now my C-points!

And now? Wait to lost my game account for dumb issue of this dirty transition of game owners?

:mad::mad::mad:
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well some wierd reason my cryptic account doesn't give me an option to link it oddly enough.
  • Options
    green117v2#8942 green117v2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    laytin wrote: »
    Oh, and all my in game mail has been deleted also. Awesome.

I just noticed the same thing. I relogged and all my mails are back again.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    This is traumatic. Really.

To getting a dirt, small and ridiculous reward I lost my c-points. I have a lot of problems with the PW account.

I wonder if really this worth. Really. I spend a lot of time playing STO because I love Star trek, but sometimes you have problems and without any clear direction or anwser, you lost your faith about the future of the game.

I make a ticket in the PW asking for some awnsers, but I really have no much hope, because in the Rusty Hearts I have a problem with the server and lost my account, losing items and a lot of time building my character. Now a problem related with PW again.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just heard about the new forum and linked accounts........I see nothing in the C-store. :frown:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Check their support FAQ, there are many helpful links there.

I found one to help me.

I don't know about the cpoints thing as I had a balance of zero after buying the Akira last week. :cool:

Oh, and the cstore takes a minute to come up for some reason so be patient.
  • Options
    rjam0rjam0 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Testing forum signature
  • Options
    starfleetnq1starfleetnq1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What about users who was on Cryptick and fue mounths ago linked account to PW?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Now I lost my access to Tribble and to Red**** test servers.

I can log in the holodeck using my Crypt account, but i can't acess, transfer or do anything from website of STO/PW because this stupid account linkage.

I can't correct this alone, because the PW settings are too draconic and don't accept much changes in any of your games, leaving to user a strong headache and a little space to personalize or edit. I have trouble to configure the facebook account in the PW, because one time associate, you can't change.

Hey, Crypt. Hey PW, show some respect to your players: Do a better support or at least, a sincere and REAL "I sorry" for all trouble caused. Try to fix or at least make a better previous test to ensure this can't give problems to your players

All mess because link two different accounts and get a stupid reward, we lost a lot of important information, our forum settings and a unstable webside account information. Dilithium? two items pack? Extra XP?

Really, STO/PW can do really better for all trouble related to link our accounts.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012

edited!!!!
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

I created a PW acc and linked my STO acc to it earlier (about a month or so ago). I still got the pack from the C-store, so that is a nice thing

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    malesimmalesim Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Perfect World Account Link Reward

If eligible (see details below), you will be able to claim this item through the in-game C-Store, under the ?Items? tab.

Reward contains:

? 5,000 Unrefined Dilithium Ore

? A consumable item that grants 2,500 EXP (or Bridge Officer skill points if your character is at max level)

? A random Rare or Very Rare weapon, scaled to your level (space or ground)

? A pack of random ?Self? Dual Consumables

? A pack of random ?Team? Dual Consumables

NOTE: This item may only be claimed once per account. If you claim it on one character, you will not be able to claim it on a different one.

First let me just say I hate the new forum. I didn't like the previous one that much either. The one before that was the best. Why "fix" something that ain't broken? :mad:

Then that account linking TRIBBLE. It gives up a one time use item on only one toon. Talk about craptastic.

The persons behind this decision can go and ..... ..... where the sun don't shine. :mad: