Options

Why are feds so gutless?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Roach wrote: »
    Whats good for the goose is good for the gander...
    Don't start nothing nothing, want be nothing...

I wasn't flinging snide comments and snarkyness until It was flung at me...

Don't like the heat - leave the kitchen....
    Don't step on the field unless you mean to play...

There are all sorts of little phrases that basically say the same thing. Don't fling insults and insults will not be flung back.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones comes to mind. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

It's odd how many people felt the OP was a direct attack on PVE players and used it as an excuse to insult and ridicule PVP players. Doing the very things they were accusing PVP players of doing but their action are acceptable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Englebert wrote:
    People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones comes to mind. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

It's odd how many people felt the OP was a direct attack on PVE players and used it as an excuse to insult and ridicule PVP players. Doing the very things they were accusing PVP players of doing but their action are acceptable.

I didn't find it odd at all, infact I thought the objective was to rile up some angst and cuase more Feds to attempt to PvP and prove themselves not what the OP suggested they are in text. Though the PvE'ers taking insult was a bit wierd. Evidently PvE and fed are the saem thing in some players minds.
    Thats sad as well, as I as a Klink would love some meaningful PvE content for our faction.

Like all things real and unreal, what is right or wrong is only determined by the individual and if said belief is not supported by the community the individual tends to believe themselves right none the less.

It would be interesting for the Devs to put a Insult Contest minigame in the KDF faction with simple Klingon language insults (nothing obscene mind you) and see how the players fare in such an enviroment. House against house insult contests are very much a fun sport in the KDF society.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't find it odd at all, infact I thought the objective was to rile up some angst and cuase more Feds to attempt to PvP and prove themselves not what the OP suggested they are in text. Though the PvE'ers taking insult was a bit wierd. Evidently PvE and fed are the saem thing in some players minds.
    Thats sad as well, as I as a Klink would love some meaningful PvE content for our faction.

Like all things real and unreal, what is right or wrong is only determined by the individual and if said belief is not supported by the community the individual tends to believe themselves right none the less.

It would be interesting for the Devs to put a Insult Contest minigame in the KDF faction with simple Klingon language insults (nothing obscene mind you) and see how the players fare in such an enviroment. House against house insult contests are very much a fun sport in the KDF society.

You got it pretty much, It was interesting to see the midget bad guy from james bond come running in throwing down the U R ALL IMATURE gauntlet, perhaps he and the Kirk/Picard hybrid are part of some secret PVE defense team ....working to create a new hyper pedantic intergalactic forum police force to break down the resolve of the rest of us morons.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote: »
    You got it pretty much, It was interesting to see the midget bad guy from james bond come running in throwing down the U R ALL IMATURE gauntlet, perhaps he and the Kirk/Picard hybrid are part of some secret PVE defense team ....working to create a new hyper pedantic intergalactic forum police force to break down the resolve of the rest of us morons.
    You know what? Lets assume for just one second you're absolutely right and players who play Federation are just cowards... do you truly believe calling them cowards would get them all excited to come prove you wrong? What are we... in the 3rd grade now? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:
    It was a joke post fella,

Its easy to say your joking when making insults but that others arent. I'm sure the person you are replying to could easily say the same thing back to you. However the fact remains that any insults are against the forum rules. There is no qualifier about whether they are jokes or not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LordOfPit wrote: »
    You know what? Lets assume for just one second you're absolutely right and players who play Federation are just cowards... do you truly believe calling them cowards would get them all excited to come prove you wrong? What are we... in the 3rd grade now? :rolleyes:

The problem that he's facing with folks accepting his challenge, is that he's unworthy of a response. See, that's the kick. What's the point of accepting a challenge from a nobody? Why give them the time of day? He's a child sitting in the corner screaming for attention. Best to be ignored, than to deem him worthy of an actual match :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sprint01 wrote: »
    The problem that he's facing with folks accepting his challenge, is that he's unworthy of a response. See, that's the kick. What's the point of accepting a challenge from a nobody? Why give them the time of day? He's a child sitting in the corner screaming for attention. Best to be ignored, than to deem him worthy of an actual match :P
    Just because I make a personal choice to ignore fake animosities MMO's attempt to create, for the sake of increasing their profit, does not mean I believe in judging someone to be a nobody without getting to know them first.

To me, what you're doing seems like "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" and that's not a very appealing image for any player regardless of faction.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:

Well in his defense he is right, I merely take offense thats its strictly a PvP or KDF thing.
    Sadly the new HPIFPF tactic will have us outnumbered 82% to 18%, so all is still as it ever was...
    We KDF are the redheaded *******s of the family, PvP is largely ignored becuase those whom ply the trade craft of it too well upset the Kirks/Changs and the UGC has been forgotten and we've had 10 months of no content for the feds.

Poor feds to be so ignored....and my moronic and ridged resolve is unwavering as the only thing I fear is being silenced by those who actually can silence me.:D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LordOfPit wrote: »
    Just because I make a personal choice to ignore fake animosities MMO's attempt to create, for the sake of increasing their profit, does not mean I believe in judging someone to be a nobody without getting to know them first.

To me, what you're doing seems like "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" and that's not a very appealing image for any player regardless of faction.

No, hes right I'm a nobody. This was my last desperate attempt to justify my existence..... my parents never taught me what love means. Im basically sitting in a basement picking the dorrito crumbz from my belly button and listening to linken park.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:
    No, hes right I'm a nobody. This was my last desperate attempt to justify my existence..... my parents never taught me what love means. Im basically sitting in a basement picking the dorrito crumbz from my belly button and listening to linken park.

In the past before I got in some legal trouble, I had alot of fun with basement spaces and what they could be used for...

ok, that came out much creepier that I intended.
    Luaghibly had i lived in the right states I wouldn't of had any issues with the MAN.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to spend a lot more time socially in the real world then I took an arrow in the knee....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really? Every time I do PvP, its I have the federation slots full and the klingons empty. Who's really gutless? I especially love it that you klingons never select the ground arena. Probably got your butts kicked too many times.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:

Your original post and your subsequent posts are laughable. Every time I log on, I go straight for PvP and sign up for the ship and ground pvp matches. I always find the federation side full or over full. In fact I will post a screen shot of it when I play tonight and show it. Every night I've seen 5 people from the federation who want to play in the ship pvp and 2 from the klingon side. On the ground level i find exactly zero from the klingon side. why is that? I thought you rocky dennis looking freaks were such great warriors? I guess not. Ever time I actually have played you on the ground arena, it wasn't even close. We cleaned your ***** faces' clocks. So, gutless, anytime you want to fight, I'll be happy to, and I'll break my Terran boot off in your klingon A%%. That's provided that I can determine the difference, given the ugliness of your species.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In the past before I got in some legal trouble, I had alot of fun with basement spaces and what they could be used for...

ok, that came out much creepier that I intended.
    Laughably had i lived in the right states I wouldn't of had any issues with the MAN.

I still do... (and I didn't think it was THAT creeppy)

(but I've always 'played' consensually & safely...) ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really? Every time I do PvP, its I have the federation slots full and the klingons empty. Who's really gutless? I especially love it that you klingons never select the ground arena. Probably got your butts kicked too many times.

This has been my experience as well.

I would say that the Klingons r the gutless ones, always cloaking and running away..... and some of u really need to work on ur alpha strike, it's pathethic, my Ferengi does a better alpha strike
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your original post and your subsequent posts are laughable. Every time I log on, I go straight for PvP and sign up for the ship and ground pvp matches. I always find the federation side full or over full. In fact I will post a screen shot of it when I play tonight and show it. Every night I've seen 5 people from the federation who want to play in the ship pvp and 2 from the klingon side. On the ground level i find exactly zero from the klingon side. why is that? I thought you rocky dennis looking freaks were such great warriors? I guess not. Ever time I actually have played you on the ground arena, it wasn't even close. We cleaned your ***** faces' clocks. So, gutless, anytime you want to fight, I'll be happy to, and I'll break my Terran boot off in your klingon A%%. That's provided that I can determine the difference, given the ugliness of your species.

Wonderfully tough talk from one whines in another thread. Keep this up and you will get past your "Klingons are OP" belief system and start to enjoy the game instead of blaming it (in that other thread) for your short commings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    I still do... (and I didn't think it was THAT creeppy)

(but I've always 'played' consensually & safely...) ;)

I just hate having fluggaenkdechioebolsen as that safety word.:p
    I was much happy when I was going green --- in myn basement. Hey, the enviroment is important
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wonderfully tough talk from one whines in another thread. Keep this up and you will get past your "Klingons are OP" belief system and start to enjoy the game instead of blaming it (in that other thread) for your short commings.

He is our not-so-secret secret weapon. We're gonna chain him to a wall, poke him lots with bat'leths and starve him, then eventually, we will unleash the EnlightementFTW lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:
    I used to spend a lot more time socially in the real world then I took an arrow in the knee....

Stop teasing your Native American Nieghbors? :p
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Varlo wrote:
    He is our not-so-secret secret weapon. We're gonna chain him to a wall, poke him lots with bat'leths and starve him, then eventually, we will unleash the EnlightementFTW lol
    I just wish he'd live up to his forum name.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    to op:

Maybe

it's related

to the reason

KvK

is nonexistent.