test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why are feds so gutless?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Every time I log on and check the pvp queue past captain level there are 4 Klingons in line and zero feds

where are you guys hiding? are you all really that scared of getting blown up?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Haha. Feds are too busy doing RAs I guess. :)

You really have to queue at VA/LG to get any PvP. A few months back we had a resurgence of PvP at the lower levels though. It was awesome, I was leveling a char with only PvP. I wish and hope I can finally do that when f2p hits. Some PvP earned gear would be nice too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:
    Every time I log on and check the pvp queue past captain level there are 4 Klingons in line and zero feds

Perhaps folks are just so awed by your greatness that they are unwilling to attempt taking you on...

Or maybe it just because PvP play at this time, isn't that great a draw for the game.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ausmonauts. Look us up.

Fleet full of 'ard-TRIBBLE Aussies who would gladly hand your butt to you given the invitation. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:

It has nothing to do with being "scared" of anything. There are 2 main reasons many people dont PvP:

1) the complete lack of attention Cryptic has shown that part of the game since launch

2) a complete lack of desire to play with people who post threads like this
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Best statement ever
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd fight him, if I had the time. Gotta grind for that new gear though ARGH!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It has nothing to do with being "scared" of anything. There are 2 main reasons many people dont PvP:

1) the complete lack of attention Cryptic has shown that part of the game since launch

3) Too busy running back to back STF to get 1 peice of gear that people cant tell that the light at the end of the tunnel was turned off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it used to be that pvping earned more exp than doing the missions which i thought was great it made the queues busy and people used it to level up and it was fun.

now its basically cloak fly around decloak fire all abilities if you dont kkill them in the alpha strike fly away fast using a battery till everything comes back up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It seems that the OP was a bit ticked off by my comments in another thread and decided to vent here...

Sorry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:

No, but we've got PvE-Content to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm no longer quing up as Fed or KDF. PvP is so bad in STO that I avoid it at all costs now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SnogE00F wrote:

You really have to queue at VA/LG to get any PvP. A few months back we had a resurgence of PvP at the lower levels though. It was awesome, I was leveling a char with only PvP. I wish and hope I can finally do that when f2p hits. Some PvP earned gear would be nice too.

Yeah I agree, I found PVP a hell of a lot more fun at lower levels. It seems to rely more on you're skill as a player rather than on what powers you have at your disposal. To bad there are not many people doing lower level PVP anymore, it's more fun. The lower level PVP just feels more like what we witnessed on the show's than the higher level PVP does.

The RA/VA/LG PVP is more like a WWII dogfight than CAPITAL SHIP, SHIP of the LINE combat.

It's like Starships tweaking for Crack!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wrote:
    Yeah I agree, I found PVP a hell of a lot more fun at lower levels. It seems to rely more on you're skill as a player rather than on what powers you have at your disposal. To bad there are not many people doing lower level PVP anymore, it's more fun. The lower level PVP just feels more like what we witnessed on the show's than the higher level PVP does.

The RA/VA/LG PVP is more like a WWII dogfight than CAPITAL SHIP, SHIP of the LINE combat.

It's like Starships tweaking for Crack!
    Using the powers at your disposal effectively requires a lot of player skill, actually, which is a reason why people fear fighting Premades. It's not hard to get all the powers you need, actually using them effectively in a team is hard.

But that said - I think we have too many powers at VA and I would theoretically prefer PVPing at Tier 3, overall. That's the right amount of powers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:

its probly boring watching klinks fly away and making a 10 minute match last 30 minutes. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im hiding in Kerrat where there is no PvP Que for me to sit and fiddle with my BO.....and even if theres no Klings.....theres still Borg to shoot at....with better rewards than the Ques.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The very reason I don't PvP
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've played several Cap & Hold matches since Season 5 launched and the Feds won every time! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SnogE00F wrote:

Warrior of the Empire and Protecting the Federation Citizenry accolades that give points towards purchasing or recieving high-end gear. As an added bonus make it so the victor only gets the spoils of combat.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aeleys wrote:
    its probly boring watching klinks fly away and making a 10 minute match last 30 minutes. ;)

No more boring than watching the feds do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    are there any dilithium rewards for PVP now or is it still just energy credits??
  • Options
    edited December 2011

3) bzy gttn MACO rmr. brb. (next century)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kalic89 wrote:
    are there any dilithium rewards for PVP now or is it still just energy credits??
    AFAIK, the Dailies give Dilithium. Individual matches do not.

The Ker'rat repeatable also seems to give Dilithium (and is not daily).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The last PVP match I entered that was Fed vs. KDF was annoying to say the least.( I was on Fed at the time) 2 carriers,1 of those Kar'fi and 2 BOP refits. So lets talk gutless... Solid ship spam and firing while cloaked. Seriously? If you need carriers to win PVP then your obviously not that good IMO. Not that I am all that great mind you, but when I PVP on KDF side I never use a carrier.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say the majority of the PVP'ers quit. All wanted to do in STO was PVP but it was so bad I stopped in July of 2010.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Englebert wrote:
    I would say the majority of the PVP'ers quit. All wanted to do in STO was PVP but it was so bad I stopped in July of 2010.
    As a lifer, it's not easy for me to say what I did. But let's say - currently the game is more in hiatus for me.

They bring happy news like "hey, we may have finally fixed this exploit you are all angry about", and then I read the new Jem'Hardar ship stats. Oh, CapnLogan, you do so great work, but it's used in so terrible manner...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since I personally see no need for the KDF in this game, I am doing anything I can from discurageing KDF gameplay, and posts like OP.

Now... back to my content... as soon as the server is back up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Star Trek I take away from the series has nothing to do with PvP in the least, as it is not Trek, I do not participate in it. Nor do I participate in the rampant need for the newest Ship or Weapon or whatever or other bauble.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:

Playing STF's or other content

Remember kdf has always had a higher % of pvp players compared to fed

As for the STF's you usual opponents are probably grinding the elites to death in order to get mk xii gear to beat your faces in with :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear OP, thank you for the notice about my Federation characters being gutless. I had them all undergo extensive medical exams and each of them, even the ones who supposedly have no gut, proved to be in excellent health.

I later proceeded to conduct private interviews of my characters and asked them why they would not PvP with Klingons. The response was unanimously: "We simply have bigger fish to fry!"

I hope this helps. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    castmodean wrote: »
    The Star Trek I take away from the series has nothing to do with PvP in the least, as it is not Trek, I do not participate in it. Nor do I participate in the rampant need for the newest Ship or Weapon or whatever or other bauble.

PvP and PvE are gaming terms that are absolutely irrelevant to the story of Trek. The only term that has any relation to Trek is "combat". If you want to say that combat isnt what Trek is all about thats fine, although that applies equally to fighting a Klingon NPC as it does to fighting a Klingon player. Neither is more or less "Trek" than the other.