test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are feds so gutless?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    LordOfPit wrote: »
    You mean a true battle of wits? I suspect most KDF's wouldn't even queue-in. ;)

as long as one of the DiploPvP options is : Shoot the mouthy peta'Q- I'm in. :p
    of course headbutt, kick and sick my Orion BOff in heat upon them are acceptable options as well.
    edited December 2011
    It the 2 years of playing, and PvP'ing here, I've never ran into the problem you guys all insist exists. Ever wonder if maybe its your attitudes that cause you the trouble? I've been in tons of PvP matches, and even though I trash talk the klinks, we all end the match on a good note.

True, very true. I pvp and do not see the endless ego-epeen stroking that many claim is running rampant in the chat. Actually I rarely see any ego flair ups at all.
    Sure sometimes a littel mouthness comes about and tempers or egoes flair but if one really wants to see Attitude, play EVE in the 0Sec zones and pray one gets a nice group of gate campers.
    edited December 2011
    Roach wrote: »
    of course headbutt, kick and sick my Orion BOff in heat upon them are acceptable options as well.

I'm not sure I would have a problem with the orion part ;)
    edited December 2011
    True, very true. I pvp and do not see the endless ego-epeen stroking that many claim is running rampant in the chat. Actually I rarely see any ego flair ups at all.
    Sure sometimes a littel mouthness comes about and tempers or egoes flair but if one really wants to see Attitude, play EVE in the 0Sec zones and pray one gets a nice group of gate campers.

Ya... one of the things I don't like about Eve. The gates. Gates blow in a PvP enviroment, because EVERYONE has to go through it.
    edited December 2011
    Ya... one of the things I don't like about Eve. The gates. Gates blow in a PvP enviroment, because EVERYONE has to go through it.

No doubt. 45 jumps from secspace to 0sec to do some bussines with crossing what used to be Bobspace (I haven't played in years) only to get ganked at the end becuase you forgot to cloak or was just surprised sucked. I lost billions in cargo that way.

I would prefer that zones like Ker'rat had random respawns that randomly had you placed around the zone.
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure I would have a problem with the orion part ;)

People rarely do on the front end but she has a pechant for razor blades and hot pokers that turn them off on the backend.
    edited December 2011
    Exactly, most people dont care about PvP nor want to play with persons who make threads like this. All in all, PvP just isnt popular, its PvE most players want. Thats how it usually is in mainstream mmos.
    edited December 2011
    There are millions who want to PVP in MMO's, there's a lot of money out there. For a company that can deliver good PVP.
    edited December 2011
    Englebert wrote:
    There are millions who want to PVP in MMO's, there's a lot of money out there. For a company that can deliver good PVP.

There is no doubt that there are many who enjoy PvP. However if they made up the majority of MMO players then there would be more MMOs that are PvP focused rather than the majority being PvE focused.
    edited December 2011
    There is no doubt that there are many who enjoy PvP. However if they made up the majority of MMO players then there would be more MMOs that are PvP focused rather than the majority being PvE focused.

Just focusing one aspect of game play makes a game one dimensional. Most of the big MMO's have good PVP EVE, Rift, and WoW. So if a game maker focuses on just PVE you end up with something like STO and Vanguard.
    edited December 2011
    I actually queued up for a few FvK matches today, but there was a distinct lack of people on both sides. A pity, since I'd like to get my feet wet in PvP once more without facing Fed fleets in a PUG.
    edited December 2011
    After carefully reading the replies of federation captains I believe my initial conclusion to be correct, they are cowards.

On Monday I will be in karrat, Krovan scourge of the federation, Orion pirate supreme, can also be found on twitter @krovan where I will continue to point out the weak bastion of cowardice that is Starfleet.
    edited December 2011
    The Feds actually have Content to play through. No time to waste with PvP :D
    edited December 2011
    Englebert wrote:
    Just focusing one aspect of game play makes a game one dimensional.

I didnt say "just" focusing on PvP. However there are games like EVE that are PvP focused. And my point was that if people who enjoyed PvP made up the majority of MMO gamers there would be more PvP focused games than there are.
    Startruck wrote:
    After carefully reading the replies of federation captains I believe my initial conclusion to be correct, they are cowards.

You are more than free to believe whatever helps you sleep at night :)
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:

On Monday I will be in karrat, Krovan scourge of the federation, Orion pirate supreme, can also be found on twitter @krovan where I will continue to point out the weak bastion of cowardice that is Starfleet.

You sure you're ready for a whuppins? Muuuuuuuuahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!! :D

Edit: Monday no good. How about this Saturday? :cool:
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:

Hey, if the Klingon empire wants to run on live worms, knifes in the back, and delusions that's fine by us.
    Startruck wrote:

As somebody else already pointed out, I'm not afraid of the Klingons, its just that spilling pink blood aint my first love anymore.
    *sigh*
    I Think its time I was honest; I'm seeing someone else.
    Yes.
    Her name is MACO. MACO armor.
    Shes real dang pretty.
    Smart too.
    And she can handle herself, boy can she handle herself.
    But shes playin hard to get see, so a man like me? I can't let that challenge pass.

Maybe I'll see some dead warriors of Khaless again, when shes fightin' by my side.
    But for now, I think I need to spend some quality time wooing her.
    So this is goodbye for now warriors of Quo'nos. :p
    edited December 2011
    Zanshi wrote: »
    You sure you're ready for a whuppins? Muuuuuuuuahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!! :D

Edit: Monday no good. How about this Saturday? :cool:

I may be online sat morning, but sat night this pirate is going to be very drunk and playing music.

However of all the replies I salute the only fed with the courage to enter karrat when supreme orion pirate krovan is hunting for prey.
    edited December 2011
    I believe all the feds where off ice skating today in an attempt to gain the Bug ship. At least all I saw was one irrate fed and whole bunch of my brotehr warriors in the zone I entered....

so I completed the mission and left.
    edited December 2011
    I didnt say "just" focusing on PvP. However there are games like EVE that are PvP focused. And my point was that if people who enjoyed PvP made up the majority of MMO gamers there would be more PvP focused games than there are.

I never said you said just focusing on PVP. I said focusing on one form of game play makes a game one dimensional.

I never claimed that PVP'ers were the majority. I said there were millions out there who just want to PVP. That's a lot of money out there for game makers. Just focusing on PVP would still make a game one dimensional.
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:
    Every time I log on and check the pvp queue past captain level there are 4 Klingons in line and zero feds

where are you guys hiding? are you all really that scared of getting blown up?

What are you talking about haha. It's alway 5+ feds and 0 kdf when I'm on 99% of the time. :p
    edited December 2011
    That'd be just fine as long as we can slip a collar on your throat that gives electric shocks everytime you let your fists (or weapons) do the talking. :rolleyes:

edited December 2011
    Englebert wrote:
    I never said you said just focusing on PVP.

Then saying that just focusing on PvP makes a game one dimensional has nothing to do with my post.
    edited December 2011
    That'd be just fine as long as we can slip a collar on your throat that gives electric shocks everytime you let your fists (or weapons) do the talking. :rolleyes:

Always handicapping us Klingons, even when it comes to our own brand of diplomacy.....:p
    edited December 2011
    Then saying that just focusing on PvP makes a game one dimensional has nothing to do with my post.

Your post had nothing to do with mine, that you quoted. I didn't say you said just focusing on PVP, you misquoted me.
    edited December 2011
    The Feds actually have Content to play through. No time to waste with PvP :D

Its not like we haven't been asking for it, but only 18% of the message ever gets thru.....
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:
    Every time I log on and check the pvp queue past captain level there are 4 Klingons in line and zero feds

Why does PvP have no point or purpose?

That might encourage more people to join.
    edited December 2011
    Startruck wrote:

When I have nothing better to do than send you packing and crying to your Momma, I'll come PvP. Right now you're on the bottom of my to do list :P
    edited December 2011
    Always handicapping us Klingons, even when it comes to our own brand of diplomacy.....:p
    If only you'd conduct diplomatic relations without killing off all other diplomats... perhaps then your handiness would know no caps. ;)
    edited December 2011
    If only you'd conduct diplomatic relations without killing off all other diplomats... perhaps then your handiness would know no caps. ;)

We don't kill them all and hardly ever on purpose.
    Its our customary Nektai body shots afterwards to celebrate where the problem begins....
    edited December 2011
    Englebert wrote:
    Your post had nothing to do with mine, that you quoted. I didn't say you said just focusing on PVP, you misquoted me.

Then why did you reply to my post in the first place?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3896007&postcount=71