What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    Thank you again, my friend! Great work as always! :cool:

Got a question for you regarding the Sierra-01 uniform pal: In your guide I see you use the same grade of grey (H3) for the top and pants but for some reason they look totally different. The H3 on the pants looks lighter than the H3 on the top. After a brief amount of searching I found that H2 looks closer to the H3 used on the top. But I suppose my question is this...why are the H3 shades that bit different on the pants and top...or is it just maybe my monitor settings that give the impression of their being a difference when there isn't one at all?

Also, whilst in Earth Spacedock, at the center there's a Lieutenant named Mieri wearing the S-01 uniform but the grey is a darker shade and the pants are reinforced. Is just another variant of the S-01 uniform?

And here's a question regarding all your superb guides: I'm curious as to what is it that you go by within the game as the *definitive* looks for these uniforms? You obviously have a better eye for detail than I do, but whilst I wander around I sometimes see uniforms (like the aforementioned ESD Lieutenant in the S-01 uniform) that are just that liiiiiiiiiittle bit different to your guides.

Hope your okay with answering those. Thanks in advance. :cool:

No problem, man.

It appears different in the game lighting than in the Tailor. You'll notice that the guides appear the same way. The pants appear slightly lighter. However in the regular game lighting it should look right.

That would be a variant.

When choosing the style for each of the in-game sets I basically tried to find the most often used versions. For the most part this meant following around a lot of NPC wanderers to try to match their colors. In cases where there wasn't a majority I simply chose the style I thought looked koolest.

:cool:
    edited November 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    No problem, man.

It appears different in the game lighting than in the Tailor. You'll notice that the guides appear the same way. The pants appear slightly lighter. However in the regular game lighting it should look right.

That would be a variant.

When choosing the style for each of the in-game sets I basically tried to find the most often used versions. For the most part this meant following around a lot of NPC wanderers to try to match their colors. In cases where there wasn't a majority I simply chose the style I thought looked koolest.

Cheers, bud. Much appreciated. :)
    edited November 2011
    Slightly off topic and possibly asked, but I didn't see anything about it....

Have you put any thought into what a duty uniform for crews would look like based on the SF Academy versions? Speaking for myself, and many others I'm sure, I woukld be interested in your take on division colors and arrangements.

Please keep up the good work and thanks for all your hard work keeping our crews looking sharp!

Paul
    edited November 2011
    Slightly off topic and possibly asked, but I didn't see anything about it....

Have you put any thought into what a duty uniform for crews would look like based on the SF Academy versions? Speaking for myself, and many others I'm sure, I woukld be interested in your take on division colors and arrangements.

Please keep up the good work and thanks for all your hard work keeping our crews looking sharp!

Paul

Actually, I already did create a set of Duty Uniforms using the Academy pieces. I just haven't made guides for them yet. I'll see if I can get them added before the Thanksgiving weekend for you.

edited November 2011
    Actually, I already did create a set of Duty Uniforms using the Academy pieces. I just haven't made guides for them yet. I'll see if I can get them added before the Thanksgiving weekend for you.

Yes please and thats very kind of you. I look forward to sending the crew to the tailor in the near future!

Paul
    edited November 2011
    Watching Insurrection the other night got me to wondering. The Admiral's verison of the TNG Film uniform used appered to use what was really close to the Jupiter Vetran belt we have ingame.

Outta curiosity, is it possible to get an accurate form of the TNG Admiral's uniform from Insurrection using this?
    edited November 2011
    Watching Insurrection the other night got me to wondering. The Admiral's verison of the TNG Film uniform used appered to use what was really close to the Jupiter Vetran belt we have ingame.

Outta curiosity, is it possible to get an accurate form of the TNG Admiral's uniform from Insurrection using this?

Possibly. I'll have to test that. The Jupiter belt does have a tendency to clip badly with some of the uniforms (female WoK for instance). I haven't tried using it with the TNG Films version yet though.

Of course it still wouldn't be the long style jacket Admiral Dougherty wore and it would lack the gold trim and extra wide career bands on the arms. I wish they would just add a pack of Admiral uniforms for the TNG-Voyager era. I would definitely buy them.

edited November 2011
    Okay, I've got a few new things for you all today. Check them out.

Antares 1 Variants

Transporter Chief 1

Antares 2 Variants

Transporter Chief 2

Note: There are two possible Transporter Chiefs that randomly load when you go to your Engineering section. I wasn't sure which version was requested so I just did a guide for each. Transporter Chief 2 also happens to be the same uniform worn by the Transporter Chief in the Stranded In Space mission.
    Note also: The Kits that these two officers wear are Support Technician Kits. Transporter Chief 1 wears the Mk III version, while Transporter Chief 2 wears the Mk V version.

Academy Style Duty Uniforms

Command Uniform
    Operations Uniform
    Sciences Uniform
    Medical Uniform

The Transporter Chief Variants have been added to the 25th Century Variants section and the Academy Style Duty Uniforms have been added to the 25th Century Cadets section for easy reference.

In addition all DS9 (including Cadets, Red Squad and the Section 31 Variant), TNG/DS9 Dress Uniforms (Diplomacy Uniforms), Vulcan mock-ups and the Canon Section 31 Uniform have all been updated to the new style.

I hope you all like them.
    Enjoy! And have a happy Thanksgiving!

edited November 2011
    Black I just wanted to drop a quick thank you again for all your hard work. I *know* this takes a lot of time and effort. I'm horrible with this costume stuff and I refer to your guides very often, especially on STOWiki. So, thanks. :)
    edited November 2011
    Ithaqua wrote:
    Black I just wanted to drop a quick thank you again for all your hard work. I *know* this takes a lot of time and effort. I'm horrible with this costume stuff and I refer to your guides very often, especially on STOWiki. So, thanks. :)

You're very welcome, Ithaqua!

edited November 2011
    Wow. Just wow!

Thanks, I'm off to the tailor!

Paul
    edited November 2011
    Wow. Just wow!

Thanks, I'm off to the tailor!

Paul

You're welcome, Paul. I'm glad you like them.

edited December 2011
    After all the time, this is still one of the most imprtant threads in this forum.

And it's slowly going towards a quarter million views, I think that tells us a lot.

Thank you Blackavaar for this wonderful piece of art.
    edited December 2011
    mister_dee wrote:
    After all the time, this is still one of the most imprtant threads in this forum.

And it's slowly going towards a quarter million views, I think that tells us a lot.

Thank you Blackavaar for this wonderful piece of art.

You're welcome, Dee! And thank you!

edited December 2011
    For those who would like to know, all TMP uniforms and the RnD variants (in the Soft Canon/Fan Choice section) have now been updated to the new style. More to come.

Enjoy!

edited December 2011
    For those who would like to know, all TMP uniforms and the RnD variants (in the Soft Canon/Fan Choice section) have now been updated to the new style. More to come.

Enjoy!

Thanks bud! Cheers for the updated guides! :cool:

Was wondering...do you have any totally new uniform guides in the works at all? I think I made some uniform suggestions to you many posts back. Embarrisangly I can't exactly remember what those suggestions were but I think one of them was for optional uniforms for Department Heads to distinguish them. When you've got time do you think you might work on anything like those and any other brand new uniform ideas that yourself has had and that our fellow ST fans have suggested to you?

Thanks again for the updates! Keep up the great work! :)
    edited December 2011
    Thanks bud! Cheers for the updated guides! :cool:

Was wondering...do you have any totally new uniform guides in the works at all? I think I made some uniform suggestions to you many posts back. Embarrisangly I can't exactly remember what those suggestions were but I think one of them was for optional uniforms for Department Heads to distinguish them. When you've got time do you think you might work on anything like those and any other brand new uniform ideas that yourself has had and that our fellow ST fans have suggested to you?

Thanks again for the updates! Keep up the great work! :)

Well, a few posts back I did add the Transporter Chief variants you requested along with my own version of what the Academy uniforms might look like as a Duty uniform. I wasn't sure which Transporter Chief you wanted so I did both of the versions that appear in the Transporter Room on our ships. Now that I think about it though, I think you might have meant the ESD Transporter Chief. Let me know.

I was planning to do the Naomi Wildman uniform this weekend while I take some new screens for the Mirror Universe VA uniforms and I do also have some ideas for Section Chief variants. Any particular uniform you would like to see?

edited December 2011
    I'm a bit curious:
    Do you intend to update the Klingon TOS-style uniform guide?
    Recently we got a TOS-style pants option.:)
    edited December 2011
    Well, a few posts back I did add the Transporter Chief variants you requested along with my own version of what the Academy uniforms might look like as a Duty uniform. I wasn't sure which Transporter Chief you wanted so I did both of the versions that appear in the Transporter Room on our ships. Now that I think about it though, I think you might have meant the ESD Transporter Chief. Let me know.

I was planning to do the Naomi Wildman uniform this weekend while I take some new screens for the Mirror Universe VA uniforms and I do also have some ideas for Section Chief variants. Any particular uniform you would like to see?

Ah, yes. I totally forgot about the Transporter Chief uniform I requested. Thanks for the reminder. It was actually the ship Transporter Chief I was talking about. Apologies for not being clear about that initially but you seemed to have read between the lines and given the guide for the uniform I wanted. But if you could see your way to doing the ESD Transporter Chief's uniform too It'd be greatly appreciated. Can never have enough uniform variants as far as I'm concerned and any opportunity I can get to come on this thread and give you kudos for the guides you create I'll gladly take.

I had an idea for a uniform whilst wandering through Starfleet Academy as it happens...a dress uniform for the cadets and personnel of Starfleet Academy using the Academy uniform colours on the Jupiter uniforms. Is that something that interests you and that you might consider creating guides for?
    edited December 2011
    mister_dee wrote:
    I'm a bit curious:
    Do you intend to update the Klingon TOS-style uniform guide?
    Recently we got a TOS-style pants option.:)

We did? I don't know how I missed that. I'll check it out.
    Ah, yes. I totally forgot about the Transporter Chief uniform I requested. Thanks for the reminder. It was actually the ship Transporter Chief I was talking about. Apologies for not being clear about that initially but you seemed to have read between the lines and given the guide for the uniform I wanted. But if you could see your way to doing the ESD Transporter Chief's uniform too It'd be greatly appreciated. Can never have enough uniform variants as far as I'm concerned and any opportunity I can get to come on this thread and give you kudos for the guides you create I'll gladly take.

I had an idea for a uniform whilst wandering through Starfleet Academy as it happens...a dress uniform for the cadets and personnel of Starfleet Academy using the Academy uniform colours on the Jupiter uniforms. Is that something that interests you and that you might consider creating guides for?

Sure. I'll see what I can come up with.

edited December 2011
    We did? I don't know how I missed that. I'll check it out.

Sure. I'll see what I can come up with.

Nice one, mate! :cool:
    edited December 2011
    Heads up, any purchased uniform slot can be Uniform, off duty or Formal wear, its not to the level some of us want, where we can have the Mercenary equipment on our uniforms, but it is a BIG step in the right direction.
    edited December 2011
    It looks like the Vedek costume was removed. I guess it's a good thing I made one while I could.
    :(
    edited December 2011
    It probably wasn't intended to be in the game until the Dominion / Bajor FE comes out in February.
    edited December 2011
    If this is true -- any change to the old 'one off duty slot' than it's great news! I'll check it out.

edited December 2011
    daBelgrave wrote:
    It looks like the Vedek costume was removed. I guess it's a good thing I made one while I could.
    :(
    It probably wasn't intended to be in the game until the Dominion / Bajor FE comes out in February.

I noticed this as well. And I am glad I saved a version for my Bajoran captain. Let's hope that when they bring it back they don't decide to add a C-Store price tag. We need more free Off Duty clothing. There's still not enough as it is.
    Heads up, any purchased uniform slot can be Uniform, off duty or Formal wear, its not to the level some of us want, where we can have the Mercenary equipment on our uniforms, but it is a BIG step in the right direction.
    If this is true -- any change to the old 'one off duty slot' than it's great news! I'll check it out.

Thanks for the heads up, Patrick.

It is true, though the Off Duty slot does remain labeled Off Duty, which is odd.
    When you go to the Tailor, in the Costume portion you'll see a drop down field at the top right. This drop down lets you choose between Uniform, Formal and Off Duty categories. These categories each still have the limitations they always have.

edited December 2011
    Okay, the Vice Admiral Mirror uniforms and the primary Voyager uniforms have now been updated. The Mirror Universe and Special Voyager uniforms, such a the Drive Flight Suit, have not yet been updated however. These are still awaiting new screen shots, which I will be taking this weekend.

I have also added these new additions.

Jupiter 4 Academy Dress Uniform Variants

Command Division Red
    Operations Division Gold
    Sciences Division Blue
    Medical Division Teal

... and...

Commander Naomi Wildman Variant

The Academy Dress Uniforms have been added to both the 25th Century Cadet and Jupiter Uniforms sections. The Naomi Wildman Variant has been added to the 25th Century Variants section for easy reference.

Enjoy!

edited December 2011
    Okay, the Vice Admiral Mirror uniforms and the primary Voyager uniforms have now been updated. The Mirror Universe and Special Voyager uniforms, such a the Drive Flight Suit, have not yet been updated however. These are still awaiting new screen shots, which I will be taking this weekend.

I have also added these new additions.

Jupiter 4 Academy Dress Uniform Variants

Command Division Red
    Operations Division Gold
    Sciences Division Blue
    Medical Division Teal

... and...

Commander Naomi Wildman Variant

The Academy Dress Uniforms have been added to both the 25th Century Cadet and Jupiter Uniforms sections. The Naomi Wildman Variant has been added to the 25th Century Variants section for easy reference.

Enjoy!

Superb, pal, superb! Thanks very much for all of those! Look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future! :cool:
    edited December 2011
    It makes sense that the Academy staff would have something like the Jupiter 4 Academy Dress Uniform Variants. For formal hearings (ex. when your whole Academy class is gathered to watch your cadet get called on the carpet for cheating. :p The Commandant has to look good dressing you down.) or even the graduation ceremonies.
    edited December 2011
    Dear Blackavaar,

thank you a lot for all the guides. I really use them a lot because I like to be "canon" as much as possible. What would be my science captain on the Intrepid without the Voyager-Uniform? ;)

I do have a question. Are you planning to do some guide for the new STF ground sets? I know they are very hard to get so it's more a question about plans for the future (whenever this will be).
This discussion has been closed.