test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    Superb, pal, superb! Thanks very much for all of those! Look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future! :cool:
    It makes sense that the Academy staff would have something like the Jupiter 4 Academy Dress Uniform Variants. For formal hearings (ex. when your whole Academy class is gathered to watch your cadet get called on the carpet for cheating. :p The Commandant has to look good dressing you down.) or even the graduation ceremonies.

Thank you and you're welcome.

I agree. I love the Academy Dress variants I've made. I'm glad you like them as well.

:cool:
    edited December 2011
    Dear Blackavaar,

thank you a lot for all the guides. I really use them a lot because I like to be "canon" as much as possible. What would be my science captain on the Intrepid without the Voyager-Uniform? ;)

I do have a question. Are you planning to do some guide for the new STF ground sets? I know they are very hard to get so it's more a question about plans for the future (whenever this will be).

It may take a while for me to acquire them all, but yes, I do plan on adding guides for those as well.

edited December 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    It may take a while for me to acquire them all, but yes, I do plan on adding guides for those as well.

Good to hear. I am looking forward to it.

By the way: No need to hurry. I think most of the players need at least a while ;)
    edited December 2011
    Hey Balckavaar.(At Frist Remember i'am German and my english is Bad,so sorry when my grammar kill's you :D)

At first i say again thanks for your Guides and your constan work to keep them up to date.
    (Have make the Uniforms for my 2 last Chars also with this Guide now)

But one question.When your doing this here do you have any Time to Play? :D
    edited December 2011
    Hey Balckavaar.(At Frist Remember i'am German and my english is Bad,so sorry when my grammar kill's you :D)

At first i say again thanks for your Guides and your constan work to keep them up to date.
    (Have make the Uniforms for my 2 last Chars also with this Guide now)

But one question.When your doing this here do you have any Time to Play? :D

Ha ha! Yes, I do get time to actually play the game from time to time. But really, the customization is my favorite part of the game, so doing these guides is also fun for me.

edited December 2011
    Well, new bug/feature.

When you use the new drop down menu to select the type of costume you want, if it is an Off Duty or Formal Wear, and you want to change it afterwards, it will "forget" and cost you to redo the outfit, so be careful people.
    edited December 2011
    Well, new bug/feature.

When you use the new drop down menu to select the type of costume you want, if it is an Off Duty or Formal Wear, and you want to change it afterwards, it will "forget" and cost you to redo the outfit, so be careful people.

Thanks for the heads up, Patrick.

edited December 2011
    Also something else, the "Armour" are their own drop-down option, according to my fleet, and suffer from the same problem.

Also, another heads up, I cannot confirm this, but the Mk X may unlock the armour at the tailors, but I cannot confirm this, only hearing it from several people, cannot find anything on the forums.
    edited December 2011
    Also something else, the "Armour" are their own drop-down option, according to my fleet, and suffer from the same problem.

Also, another heads up, I cannot confirm this, but the Mk X may unlock the armour at the tailors, but I cannot confirm this, only hearing it from several people, cannot find anything on the forums.
    I have no personal experience with the STF gear (I've been spending my Season 5 STO time DOffing. :cool:). That said, I just read this post this morning:
    X doesn't provide a uniform.

A complete XI set unlocks one uniform. XII unlocks the one the NPCs wear.
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3908568&postcount=8
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for this thread it's great :). I have a question though, is there any way to allow alien BOFFS whilst playing KDF to have a Klingon sash? Just I made mine look ilke a TOS Klingon with no ridges, but I can't select a sash from the options. Kind of sucks really :P.
    edited December 2011
    Tim3822 wrote: »
    Thanks for this thread it's great :). I have a question though, is there any way to allow alien BOFFS whilst playing KDF to have a Klingon sash? Just I made mine look ilke a TOS Klingon with no ridges, but I can't select a sash from the options. Kind of sucks really :P.

You should be able to add sashes once they rank up. Sashes do not start to become available until Lieutenant Commander rank and then more become available for each rank after that. See the Klingon Baldrics guide for which sashes become available at which ranks.

edited December 2011
    Hello, everyone!

I have finished updating the Voyager Training Jumpsuits and the Drive Flight Suit. I know it's not a lot but it is as much as I could get done with everything that is going on right now.

Unfortunately there will be no further updates for the next couple of weeks as I will be on vacation and away from my main computer. I think I've got pretty much everything done except for the Off Duty uniforms and some Mirror Universe variants however, so I hope you can forgive the hiatus.

When I return I will continue the updates and add some new variants for you to play with. Until then I want to wish you all a very happy and safe holiday season. Enjoy!

edited December 2011
    Hello, everyone!

I have finished updating the Voyager Training Jumpsuits and the Drive Flight Suit. I know it's not a lot but it is as much as I could get done with everything that is going on right now.

Unfortunately there will be no further updates for the next couple of weeks as I will be on vacation and away from my main computer. I think I've got pretty much everything done except for the Off Duty uniforms and some Mirror Universe variants however, so I hope you can forgive the hiatus.

When I return I will continue the updates and add some new variants for you to play with. Until then I want to wish you all a very happy and safe holiday season. Enjoy!

Thank you, my friend! I wish you very happy holidays! All the very best to you! Take care! :cool:
    edited December 2011
    That's really amazing work Blackavaar, thank you and I hope you have a Happy Holiday! :)
    edited December 2011
    Hey Blackavaar.
    I have checkt the Destiney Novels Uniform Guide and i have a question.
    The Shoulderparts are very bright (nearly white)
    Whitch artworks indicate this?
    I Have the Parts of the Destiny Novel in German and the Artworks show the Normal First Contact/Late DS9 Uniform.
    edited December 2011
    Hey Blackavaar.
    I have checkt the Destiney Novels Uniform Guide and i have a question.
    The Shoulderparts are very bright (nearly white)
    Whitch artworks indicate this?
    I Have the Parts of the Destiny Novel in German and the Artworks show the Normal First Contact/Late DS9 Uniform.

That is based on the second novel's cover here and this image here.

Others have already commented that they don't believe the image on the cover is white, but I still maintain that it is. However, to compensate I have named that section Soft Canon / Fan Choice, instead of just Soft Canon. And really, if you want to use the TNG Film version it is already available. Why make a Destiny variant that is exactly the same?

Happy Holidays!

edited December 2011
    edited December 2011
    Thanks a lot Blackavaar, I'm costume maniac (I'm collecting armours and costumes in MMO I play) so I really appreciated hard work you put in this guide!

Have a nice holidays :) Maybe you will find time to create guide of Xmas event scarves (but first of all I need found out how to get one :/ )? :)
    edited December 2011
    Happy Holidays, Blackavaar!

I was going to ask... are you gonna come out with the official M.A.C.O. and Omega Force canon colors?
    edited December 2011
    Happy Holidays, Blackavaar!

I was going to ask... are you gonna come out with the official M.A.C.O. and Omega Force canon colors?
    See above:
    Dear Blackavaar,

thank you a lot for all the guides. I really use them a lot because I like to be "canon" as much as possible. What would be my science captain on the Intrepid without the Voyager-Uniform? ;)

I do have a question. Are you planning to do some guide for the new STF ground sets? I know they are very hard to get so it's more a question about plans for the future (whenever this will be).

:D
    edited January 2012
    Been out of game for a while, good to see that this thread is still going strong!
    edited January 2012
    Felderburg wrote: »
    Been out of game for a while, good to see that this thread is still going strong!

Welcome back, Feld!

edited January 2012
    Hey Black! Hope you had good holidays, man.

Was just wondering if you've got more guides up your sleeves for us.

Whilst watching the STO F2P trailer I eye-spied a few uniform variants in it. Any chance of you maybe casting your eye over that trailer to see if these uniforms are worthy or not of your guide treatment?

edited January 2012
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    Hey Black! Hope you had good holidays, man.

Was just wondering if you've got more guides up your sleeves for us.

Whilst watching the STO F2P trailer I eye-spied a few uniform variants in it. Any chance of you maybe casting your eye over that trailer to see if these uniforms are worthy or not of your guide treatment?

Thanks, Alan! I had a wonderful holiday season despite being sick during most of it. I hope yours was great as well.

As to the variants in the new trailer, I'll give it a look and see what I can do.

edited January 2012
    Thanks, Alan! I had a wonderful holiday season despite being sick during most of it. I hope yours was great as well.

As to the variants in the new trailer, I'll give it a look and see what I can do.

Very good to hear! I had a fantastic holiday, thanks!

Thanks, pal. I imagine with some of those uniform variants in that trailer you may need to give a little artistic licence as some of them aren't seen from all angles...but I'm sure whatever you do (assuming you do create guides for them) will be awesome. :cool:
    edited January 2012
    Hey welcome back Blackavaar.

I have a General Question about Star Ship Design.
    We have The Material Option.(Typ 1, Typ 2 etc.)

Bud witch Time Periode/Ships they represent?
    edited January 2012
    Hey welcome back Blackavaar.

I have a General Question about Star Ship Design.
    We have The Material Option.(Typ 1, Typ 2 etc.)

Bud witch Time Periode/Ships they represent?

I don't know if they are meant to represent any specific time periods, but it seems that Material 1 is best for a TOS look, while Materials 2 and 3 work best to get the Film and TNG era looks. The other materials are options that don't really fit anywhere in the series or films, so I guess you could consider them the modern looks.

edited January 2012
    Hey Blackavaar!

This is the first time I have posted on this thread, but I have been using it for some time and I must thank you for making it. :D

Now, I have a question: I noticed there is an MU costume for the TNG, but not the TNG Films. Is it possible you could do one or tell me what it would look like?

Thanks,
    Cutter.
    edited January 2012
    Hey Blackavaar!

This is the first time I have posted on this thread, but I have been using it for some time and I must thank you for making it. :D

Now, I have a question: I noticed there is an MU costume for the TNG, but not the TNG Films. Is it possible you could do one or tell me what it would look like?

Thanks,
    Cutter.

You're very welcome!

The Mirror Universe uniforms I have made have all been based on episodes of the series or appearances in various comic book adaptations. Since I have not seen any such adaptations for the TNG Film uniforms I never made them. I will consider adding some at some point in the future.

Until then I would postulate that they would use the same primary colors as the TNG Mirror uniforms for the collar (A20, C17, F19 and E17) and the shoulders would be the dark gray used for the collar in the Voyager Mirror Uniforms (H2). I'll have to do some testing to make sure that works well though as that's just right off the top of my head. Also, I would need to do some testing with the Sash and/or Belt with that uniform as it may have some clipping issues, which is why the females for TNG use the Sash while the Males use the Belt. The coloring scheme would be the same for either however.

Anyway, I hope that helps for now.

edited January 2012
    Thanks Blackavaar! :D
This discussion has been closed.