Install Arc
Options

STO Season 4 - FAQ and Known Issues Update

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Kirkfat wrote: »
    Hey Dstahl. You guys broke 90% of all Foundry missions. You guys might want to put that on your list of known issues.

we are still working on the issue now and i'm getting more details before I post. we just pulled the UGC down a few minutes ago.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Oh by the way Emancipation Daily is Not functioning. objectives complete but unable to complete mission.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Never mind.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    pokesomi wrote: »
    Oh by the way Emancipation Daily is Not functioning. objectives complete but unable to complete mission.

I personally reported this issue at least 3 times on Tribble over a period of time. I would have hoped somebody had fixed it before actually releasing it Live.

Oh well.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    when using my sniper rifle in Shooter Mode, the primary fire works fine however when I try to use the right mouse button to shoot the secondary fire it starts to autofire not snipe. Same goes for my minigun is goes into auto fire when I press the right mouse button, is this a bug?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Also the ship selection console is non-functional. All the ships are gone except for the one the player is currently flying. All the other ship selection npcs at ESD, Starbase 39 etc seem to work fine.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    This is a very minor thing with the UI but I'll mention it.

When I type /logout I have to press Enter twice now to get it to logout. Looks like the Command AutoComplete Feature is preventing my first Enter press from executing the command.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    dstahl wrote: »
    we are still working on the issue now and i'm getting more details before I post. we just pulled the UGC down a few minutes ago.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    KappaTau wrote:
    I personally reported this issue at least 3 times on Tribble over a period of time. I would have hoped somebody had fixed it before actually releasing it Live.

Oh well.

It doesn't always glitch out. Occasionally, it will have a working third objective so you may want to just warp in, see if it's broken and if so just beam out.

Hopefully it'll be fixed soon but there's some bigger fish to fry.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Note that we are also looking at increase rewards in these fleet actions as a result to ensure participation at least provides a decent item..

Sadly until you do 'look' at this, you now have a dead zone in this game. Few, if any will join in on the waitathon with the current rewards. Even the daily fleet action with 3 emblems isn't worth it.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Saxon-73 wrote:
    Sadly until you do 'look' at this, you now have a dead zone in this game. Few, if any will join in on the waitathon with the current rewards. Even the daily fleet action with 3 emblems isn't worth it.

We are going to get the queues working first (they are obviously now working now) before we make any reversions such as players are suggesting. Fleet Actions are not meant to be content that an individual can grind for loot or emblems. They were named Fleet Actions because they are intended to be done by "Fleets".
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ground combat is now grossly imbalanced. Enemies, even even-level trash mobs do damage way too quickly to have a chance to heal. Every other mob is killing my PC in 2 seconds flat.

Also, since the patch some of my Boffs have been randomly running off deep into instances and getting killed.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    my frame rate dropped through the floor until i rebooted.. By the way i run a i7 with a ati 5770 video card and then when i logged in the screen flickered with pics of my toons and the transporter pad and several colors flashing really fast.
    then the voice is not working after trying for a half an hour and several reboots it started to work then i found out that all of the 10 toons the keybinds needed to be fixed!

i head off in to battle with what was a strong admiral with all of the best pink stuff you can get and go in to infected ground mission and die after every 3-5 hits after i got tried of dieing every 20 seconds i notice that all of what i thought was primo stuff... Now it was like i was wearing a ensign level shields and armor so now it's all TRIBBLE so im happy they made the ground combat fast for someone, it just wasnt me!

oh i forgot the awesome Borg shields that i have for my ship now look like army drab which is another EPIC FAIL! My Borg set was my trophy and i was proud to have it on my ship now that's another story and my dreadnought has bright green and red arrows pointing at my bridge like i'm here so shoot here! what a waste of time cuz it's was fine before... why is it someone thinks this looks better on a ship that I had to PAY FOR!!
    So what are you thinking?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    CyberC9000 wrote:
    Ground combat is now grossly imbalanced. Enemies, even even-level trash mobs do damage way too quickly to have a chance to heal. Every other mob is killing my PC in 2 seconds flat.

Also, since the patch some of my Boffs have been randomly running off deep into instances and getting killed.

I am having a great time in B'Tran ground elite. You may want to take another look at your ability/gear set-up.

DEV-TEAM: Fanatastic job. Your forum-response is the very highest quality of the genre. Always...Always bugs with the big patch. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Captain_ZZ wrote: »
    oh i forgot the awesome Borg shields that i have for my ship now look like army drab which is another EPIC FAIL! My Borg set was my trophy and i was proud to have it on my ship now that's another story and my dreadnought has bright green and red arrows pointing at my bridge like i'm here so shoot here! what a waste of time cuz it's was fine before... why is it someone thinks this looks better on a ship that I had to PAY FOR!!
    So what are you thinking?

There's a pretty detailed explanation of this elsewhere on the dev tracker. Needless to say, it's a bug.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think the Delta Flyer Daily may be broken as well, unfortunately. I'm currently doing some sample farming in the Zenas Expanse, in my Delta Shuttle (yeah, I know; I just want to get the schematic because I'm a collector, lol), and I haven't gotten anything other than the normal data samples for about 6 anomalies now.

I remember I was able to use my Delta shuttle a couple days ago, pre-Season 4, for the mission, and I received the additional shuttle items when I scanned anomalies; it seems to be broken now.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Glad to see Season 4 out - she looks great.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    What is going on with the new ground combat I'm a Admiral with what was the best of the pink shields and armor and well as my kit! Not only do you give us more TRIBBLE to carry but you take away form the things that keep us alive! the shield and armor are now what i had for an ensign!!!

you want me to carry a cane,a tribble,a remodulator , a horta but then you cant carry hypos, shield batteries or power cells!

I'm glad you think this is to make us feel powerful like in WoW as you said in one of the pod casts now I feel even weaker just what I wanted to be in the game.... you nailed it!!!

I don't understand you wanted us to have more fun dieing?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think the Delta Flyer Daily may be broken as well, unfortunately. I'm currently doing some sample farming in the Zenas Expanse, in my Delta Shuttle (yeah, I know; I just want to get the schematic because I'm a collector, lol), and I haven't gotten anything other than the normal data samples for about 6 anomalies now.

I remember I was able to use my Delta shuttle a couple days ago, pre-Season 4, for the mission, and I received the additional shuttle items when I scanned anomalies; it seems to be broken now.

I just logged onto the forums to report this very same issue. I'm in the Delta Volanis Cluster with 9/10 daily missions completed, but on the 10th mission, I'm stuck at 0/12 data pieces acquired. Having dropped the mission, I'm now on the 19 hour countdown. Oh well - Delta tomorrow! Maybe.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    We are going to get the queues working first (they are obviously now working now) before we make any reversions such as players are suggesting. Fleet Actions are not meant to be content that an individual can grind for loot or emblems. They were named Fleet Actions because they are intended to be done by "Fleets".

When I say this, I honestly don't want to appear rude but:

Fleet actions haven't really had anything that gains a player's attention. I've been here sinse Headstart, and fleet actions used to be popular in the first month or so of STO, but after that, they began to become barren and nothing was done about it. Yeah there would be an X amount of people in them form time to time, but it jsut wasn't the same. Making a queue for something that has gained little attention from the playerbase for a long time wouldn't be the choice I would have made, but hey, you guys are "in command of the ship" here. I honestly thought someone was joking days ago when I heard that fleet actions were going to go queue....now it seems they are all as good as dead. Please, do the right thing and get rid of the PvE queue's, they were a bad idea from start.

I'm sorry for this negative tone, I'm usually overly optimistic, but Season 4 in general seems to have downgraded STO. :(

I want you guys to make me change my opinion on Season 4 ;) . Please make this dissapointing update turn into the best thing STO has ever seen. :)

and now to justify a post in this thread: During the Deserted Facility ground pvp map, one is now able to use the cane form the Drozana Featured Series through the barrier between spawn points.

The cane was used to give the rest of the otehr team a small head start to eventually ambush us, and giving us a disadvantaged start seeing that all our health was lower already. This should be looked into while in shooter mode.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Alt-Tabbing in game causes Crash to the Desktop (even messing with Windows Taskbar).

Vivox causing latency issues during PvP (I.E. For instance you get damaged before it shows you being damaged).

PvP Queues not initiating matches when counter hits 0.
    PvP Zone chat is no longer instance only but now multi-zone.
    PvP Team chat not working properly.
    PvP "Social" shows players not in the match.

HUD UI Problems such as BOs not working and adjusting Power acts like the locks are on, but they are all unlocked.

Melee Damage being weak.
    Shotguns being OPed.
    Orbital Strike not alerting properly.
    Security Teams being stronger than they should be.

Bulletin Board always poping up.

Mobs on Advanced and Elite are not performing as supposed to be.

Foundry acting weird (as previously mentioned).

And of course Text Font. It's Killer on the Eyes. (Bold with bright colors does not go good with dark backgrounds).

Exchange Bug: When you look up Rares, they don't show, but instead show up when looking for Uncommons. As such you cannot look up Uncommons.

(BTW, think we can do something about those large windows for Kits and BOs going off-screen without resorting to higher resolutions?).
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    They were named Fleet Actions because they are intended to be done by "Fleets".

I'm a one man army why can't I solo lol

but... seriously don't want to be a pain or stating the obvious or complain (just a a little)...

uhmmmm should the Fleet actions been a 3 or 5 man mission from day one instead of taking something away so many of us are used too?

Know if I want to go all Rambo on a mission & want to solo grind a mission for 1 to 3 hours isn't that my choice? it's not like the Fleet actions have a wordy award scale to not valid a solo mission.

I'm a high defender of social game-play & yes this is a MMO but that doesn't mean you have to be team forced/locked all the time.

This feels like content being taken away instead of being added, but then that's just my opinion.
    Really loved to solo those missions gone miss them :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011

I tried doing the delta daily in my captains yaht and had the same experience...no shuttle data to complete the daily. I'm almost there getting my delta flyer too!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    scorpiobe wrote: »
    I'm a one man army why can't I solo lol

but... seriously don't want to be a pain or stating the obvious or complain (just a a little)...

uhmmmm should the Fleet actions been a 3 or 5 man mission from day one instead of taking something away so many of us are used too?

Know if I want to go all Rambo on a mission & want to solo grind a mission for 1 to 3 hours isn't that my choice? it's not like the Fleet actions have a wordy award scale to not valid a solo mission.

I'm a high defender of social game-play & yes this is a MMO but that doesn't mean you have to be team forced/locked all the time.

This feels like content being taken away instead of being added, but then that's just my opinion.
    Really loved to solo those missions gone miss them :(

Yeah i'm not a big fan of the pve ques. I used to use SB 24 to test new space builds.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

That's an interesting statement. They've been this way for months. That they were puggable (albeit via an archaic mechanic) is one of the opportunities for quick fun with other people that isn't done better solo. Honestly, in it's previous iteration it was one of the better parts of the game. Otherwise it's a bunch of token soloable content and some pvp (not that those are bad, but it's neither practical nor desirable to do and STF every night, they're too long, and most of the rest of the solo stuff is frankly dull after the 3rd time).

From how I understand the intended queue system they'll still be the same basic idea, and expand the puggability to choose when you join into a fleet action. But having to wait in the queue until enough people show up doesn't really help the situation, especially when the first part is soloable, and if you join late actually meeting the quest objectives tends to hurt the group more than help.

I suppose you might not have been clear on what you're trying to say. There's probably a place in the game for PVE fleet raids which aren't puggable. But these were never it, and changing them into it just locks out a chunk of the player base from the fun - and doesn't seem to be what was intended (that seems to be a bug). There are serious design problems with the fleet actions that could have and should have been resolved some time ago, but I'm not sure that's the problem the queue system is trying to solve. Saying 'this is too easy, so we just won't let you do it unless you have 9 more people' is clearly a bad solution to the problem, and that's sort of the message you're conveying. Which honestly doesn't make sense. There's lots of bizarre design and business strategy choices that impact design in STO though, so I think it's important to be clear on what you think fleet actions are supposed to be - and not muddle the issue complaining that they shouldn't be doable without a "fleet". Your use of Fleet and "Fleet" does not add clarity, if you want to RP guilds as being Fleets in STO that makes sense, but raids are raids - and "Fleet Action" to this point has been a synonym for 'puggable raid'.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I noticed last night, when the foundry was still online, that the daily click 3 consoles for 3 emblems mission didn´t give the proper rewards. Instead of 3 emblems I received 75 badge of exploration 4th grade. I noticed in zone chat that I was not the only lucky one.
    I assume that this will be corrected for every player involved?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I know most folks are playing their main characters, but my husband and I were playing on new toons and noted a few glitches. All persisted after complete reboots.

1. When acquiring a new ship via energy credits (nova class, specifically) the Lieutenant science boff slot cannot be filled. Only engineering officers are listed in the drop down.

2. We could not get Torpedoes to fire from the TOS Enterprise with ANY augmenting powers (high yield, etc)

3. Some weapons (miniguns and pulsewaves) do not allow actual firearm attacks. Only melee icons show up, but are greyed out.

4. The exchange us not sorting qualities of items properly. (searching for uncommon shows only rares, etc...)

Overall, though, we are loving the new ground combat! Seriously fun! It reiterates the idea that our characters are Starfleet's best. Yes there are a few glitches, but nothing this big would be complete without a few. :) Great job, and keep up the good work.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It appears that the tooltips for crafting are quite off.

For example, at both Memory Alpha and in the drop-down R&D window, all Personal Equipment craftable items are described as "Science Kit - Analyst V (Rare)."

All Starship Weapons are described as "Dual Phaser Beam Bank Mark II [Dmg] (Uncommon)."

All Starship Components are described as "Console - Tactical - Warhead Yield Chamber Mark XI (Rare)"

All Schematics are described as "Schematic: Rifle (Common)."

The description windows for necessary anomalies and elements are proper.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Finally got through most of The Cure tonight. Combat is fun and fast. However I get to the ground boss and he is friggin impossible. He just slaughters us. Just in seconds. We can barely do any damage and when we do it instantly regenerates. Maybe there is some new 'trick' to fighting him, but this really seems ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    KNOWN ISSUES
    Mr. Stahl,

Season 4 is looking to be pretty good, or it will be once the issues have been fixed.

I absolutely must ask a serious question though Mr. Stahl. Every single one of these issues was reported by multiple people while all of this was still on Tribble, with both in-game bug reports and posts on the forums. So my question is: Why was this build allowed to go live with none of these issues fixed?

Mr. Stahl, I'm not insulting/flaming/trolling here, I'm trying to ask an honest question.

Please think about this from the players' perspective for a minute. Some of us spend a lot of our free time testing your software for you for free, and yet when we submit bug reports they are ignored, and multiple patches and multiple builds later, the bugs that we've reported are allowed to go to the live server.

Getting a special reward for spending time on Tribble is kind of nice, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say; "Actually fixing the bugs that we report, before they go to the live server, thereby showing us that we're not wasting our time testing for you, would be a much nicer reward."

Thanks for reading, have a good weekend.
This discussion has been closed.